LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Epigenetics

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Epigenetics
R62
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18531

Icon 1 posted      Profile for R62     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who wants to talk about it? reading The Genie in Your Genes by Dawson Church. More scientific details than in Biology of Belief or The Wisdom of Your Cells by Bruce Lipton.

I've been viewing Dr. K's recent cd series where he is talking about the biophoton(?) field (I need to take notes to remember) that is surrounding the body and how he reads that first. This book above goes into how that field is an intelligent driving part of our DNA and body chemisty.

I am thinking energy psychologies, energy medicine, dysregulation therapies like NAET, NMT, Allergie Immun as well. These all are dealing with communicating with the biophoton field.

I start with this statement:

Genes are how organisms STORE information, while energy is about how they COMMUNICATE information.

Posts: 861 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish I had an easy opportunity to view some of the Bruce Lipton videos, etc. I checked at our local library and the video store - nothing along those lines. No books, either.

I suppose most people know what Epigenetics is, though I hadn't heard of it until about 2 years ago. For me, it was one of those `Aha!' moments because - as I said in another thread - it is my contention that Epigenetics is simply `science' catching up with homeopathic Miasm theory, which has been around for well over 100 years.

Now, those with a more `scientific' viewpoint may wholeheartedly disagree with that idea. Perhaps I don't understand Epigenetics well enough, though the basic premise seems pretty simple, I think. Or perhaps they don't understand Miasmatic theory well enough.

In any case, the idea is to unload the inherited and acquired `burdens' that disrupt the flow of proper information, thus removing the susceptibilities to disease.

Anyway, after I learned of Epigenetics and compared it to Miasmatic theory, I found an article about that very thing. So, I guess I'm not completely alone in this idea.

Miasms: A New Look Through Epigenetics - I
by Dr. Manish Bhatia, December 2006
http://www.hpathy.com/research/bhatia-miasms-epigenetics.asp

quote:
Nearly 200 years ago, the founder of Homeopathy, Dr. Samuel Hahnemann found out that the effect of many diseases like Scabies, Gonorrhea and Syphilis can be present even after the acute infection is treated. He found out that this effect can be present in future generations also without the actual infection being acquired. This trans-generational effect manifested in the form of `disease predispositions'. He called these effects `Miasms'. The effect in the same generation was called `acquired miasm' and the effect that was present in future generations was called `inherited miasm'.

The idea of miasms has remained one of the most controversial propositions of Hahnemann. Some of his detractors even called it the biggest mistake of his life. But the hypothesis has persisted in homeopathic circles and homeopaths still use it clinically.

Epigenetics is a new stream of science which deals with the effect of environmental and other factors on our genetic phenotype. It basically studies the heritable effects of what we do and experience in this life time in our future generations and has strong parallels with Hahnemann's theory of chronic miasms.....

[I can't find that Dr. Bhatia ever wrote Part II.... Then this more recent article....]

Epigenetics - A New Way of Understanding Homeopathy?
by Dr. Gabriele Hickmann, March 2009
http://www.hpathy.com/research/Hickmann-epigenetics.asp

quote:
At this point obvious parallels to homeopathy can be drawn. Homeopathy is a form of therapy acting on an energetic level thus having a deep impact on our organisms. Samuel Hahnemann described miasms as predisposition to acquire or inherit certain diseases. The same goes for genetic imprinting. It can be acquired during life or is passed to us by our ancestors.

[ 07-19-2009, 09:28 AM: Message edited by: Truthfinder ]

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
epigenetics is the scientific prove of miasms. It is however controllable through the a person's intention directed from our own thoughts. This is essentially what Dr. Lipton so eloquently discusses in his video series in how proteins may be created from the dna strands.

Instead of genes which is the cookie cutter which makes the DNA strains. The dna is only expressed by epigenes which toggles the expression of the DNA like having green eyes where are genes signify blue.

It is possible just like instincts from our ancestors where we learned to acquire gene manipulation through epigenetics that correlates to miasms and gives it scientific validity.

So, in essence we could concentrate our intentions to change green eye color to blue. This could be done with strong meditation for encouraging epigenes to do this for us.

There is a way, but it may not be that easy or provable yet.

If epigenes are this powerful, we could essentially create enzymes in the body to devour a pathogen like lyme. It may be a clue as to why some can survive very well with lyme and others not. The actual trigger for evolution might be in epigentic evolution.

We are witnessing a change in biophysics and how they see the human body. It will take years for this understanding to work its way in to mainstream medicine, which hahnemann so aptly described so long ago.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just to prove this is where science is going:

http://www.sciencemag.org/feature/plus/sfg/resources/res_epigenetics.dtl

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
R62
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18531

Icon 1 posted      Profile for R62     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got my nutrigenomic methylation tests back from holistic heal. 15 of 30 genes known for methyaltion process are defected with polymorphisms.

Yet, I had problems, sure, but not like I am now with toxin removal until this past year after a year of lyme treatment.

I dont get what expression and non expression mean. I dont understand if my methylation cycle was underfunctioning but it did not matter until something broke its back? At some point a threshold of toxins crashed it? Trauma? Ive had my share. Something broke its back and crashed it.

I am guessing that if the DNA glitches did not exist, that this potential would not have been so strong.

I am also wondering about the repair of DNA. These glitches are were a A replaces a T in the dna chain (for example).

I have 3 sets of genes that contain pairs that are both defective. The others only contain on gene in a pair that is defective.

Im not sure the relevance except I am reading that ++ meaning two defective genes in a pair as opposed to +- one defective in the pair often means less intense problems.

CBS++ means more problems with ammonia build up than CBS +- for example.

the Yasko program uses nutrition therapy to bypass the mutations. Im not clear how exactly...

This is a form of epigenetic therapy. I would be interested in homeopathic, energetic ways to address..

NMT does address dna mutations specifically and does include the methylation cycle in the scripts..

Posts: 861 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
R62
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18531

Epignetics means above the gene. So anythnig that acts above the gene to change the expression of the gene is epigenetic.

Genes are not the final word. Yasko explains that if you have a computer missing the M key.. you cannot type M, but if you have a spell check that catches the missing M in a word and supplies it for you.. then that is like the mechanism that acts above the gene.

(Hope I got that right..)

Good articles,, thanks.

R62
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18531

The Genie in Your Genes is an excellent book. Lots of scientific explanation.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement