LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Transdermal vs. Oral

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Transdermal vs. Oral
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.omega3global.com/shop/images/pdfs/Principles_and_Practices_of_Transdermal_Medicine.pdf

It works well in many instances - and gets to where it needs to go much faster.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imagine2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imagine2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gigi,
Fascinating article. Have you tried transdermal magnesium?

My daughter has extremely low magnesium and nothing seems to help. She takes magnesium shots weekly as well as oral magnesium and still cannot maintain anywhere close to normal levels.

Do you know where I can get magnesium oil? I would like for her to try it.

Thanks so much!

Posts: 677 | From Virginia | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Imagane, PM Ping here or lookup her most recent thread on this issue. She gave me the answer several times I believe. [Smile]
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent article!!!

here's where you can get Ancient Minerals Magnesium oil

http://www.ancient-minerals.com/?gclid=CNPZ-f7jkZwCFR0SagodMQ_Jdw

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Miss Gigi,

that was really interesting... and I do think that this mode of intake is underutilized.

I am hoping to try the Iodine therapy soon as another method of Thyroid/ Adrenal regulation as I have heard very good accounts of its effectiveness. I also know the transdermal Glutathione creme is helping a few patients who for one reason or another have not been able to go the IV route.

I've still not been able to tolerate transdermal magnesium oil to help with cramping, but after reading this, I may play around with decreasing the amount some... once I am back to an acceptable basline.

Anyway... many of us who have been at this long enough have pretty trashed GI tracts... this offers hope, and that is always very much appreciated!

M

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Melanie, look into www.allergie-immun.de or read the thread. I cannot recommend anything better.
Even if you rub in the substances which your immune system is unable to recognize because it cannot identify them any longer, or never could, they will not do any good. The body simply packs the substances away somewhere to add to the burden already there.

Take care.

P.S. there used to be this fellow on the board who ended his posts with the saying

"If you keep on doing what you always did, you will get what you always got" - something to this effect. His name was Bob. I am sure you remember him.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course I remember him...

IF you DO what you ALWAYS DID, You will GET what you ALWAYS GOT!

Chinese Proverb -- The Person who says it cannot be done, should NOT interrupt the person doing it.

JimBoB --- THINK!!!
###

Has anyone heard from JimBob recently?

I'm not so sure MY body is packing anything away for later... it seems to want to eliminate just about everything. [Smile]

[ 08-07-2009, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: Melanie Reber ]

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for posting the article Gigi!

There was a lady here, Farah, that basically put her lyme dormant only with transdermal treatment with essential oils.

I tried her oils, and I do believe they have killing and cleansing effects! Their action is far faster than ingesting remedies!

Many Chinese use rubbed oils to treat headaches and colds. Some oils for colds and flu work so well when rubbed on lymph nodes, throat and side of the nostrils that I wonder why people keep saying there's no anti viral treatment!

for me, this is treatment number one for colds for the ones who can stand the smell of essential oils. Even better than homeopathy.

I started supplementing with ingested iodine but found out the rubbed solution was better!

I wonder why so few treatments include rubbed remedies. Maybe because they are so simple, people preffer to ingest pills or get injections!

I read about camphora homeopathic used in cancer treatments when injected in lymph nodes, but found out that rubbed on skin, the camphora goes very well to the right places according to energetic tests.

Could that also be an anticancer or preventative treatment in the same way rubbed iodine is? I don't know, but as it is a very simple and unexpensive, it won't be much researched for sure!! No one, except the patient, can profit from such treatments.

-----

As for Jim Bob, he was fine last time I heard from him. He was still running his house and farm all by himself after his wife left. I need to contact him again to know.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocean
Member # 3496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brussels,

Interesting about the 'rubbed' vs ingested.

I had taken oil of oregano before internally (source naturals brand). This spring I rubbed it on the bottoms of my feet twice, once in am and once in evening. The next day I was so dizzy, I fell over and hit the bathroom sink! I couldn't think straight, very tired and fuzzy feeling.

It was the brand that bob from maryland recommends though, can't remember it this second!

I actually need to do it again...scared me too much to try again right away, lol!

Ocean

--------------------
http://www.healingfromlymedisease.blogspot.com/

Sick since 1996...Diagnosed 10/2008

IgM:23-25 IND, 31+++, 39 IND, 41 +++
IgG: 31 IND, 41++, 58+

Posts: 1623 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ping
Member # 6974

Icon 14 posted      Profile for ping     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Folks,

Yes, transdermal Mg is the way to go. The best-for-the-price I've found is at:

www.MagnesiumDirect.com

It's called DermaMag oil and I've found it very helpful. There's another thread that I posted on in which I advised to start at half dose and dilute the MgCl real good because it will sting at full strength. If you have tendency toward cardiac arrythmias, the MgCl will bring them out, so start slowly! You'll know if you're taking too much as your bowels will become loose. DermaMag absorbs to it's fullest in 10 minutes, but I leave it on for 30 before washing it off, if I wash it off at all. (Diluted enough does not necessarily need to be washed off immediately.)

DermaMag is a good additional to whatever Mg regimen you're following. I've found that I don't need to take orals anymore, once my body caught up with its' Mg needs.

Best of health to us all!

ping
"We are more than containers for Lyme"

--------------------
ping
"We are more than containers for Lyme"

Posts: 1302 | From Back in TX again | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

up -
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ping, I'm VERY interested in this product. Can you explain exactly how much you use of it? It it directly rubbed on your skin or used as a sprsy on your skin? How many mg of Mg does an 'average' application provide?

I've been wanting to do this for a while. My RBC Mg levels are mid normal, but my muscles are always tight and I have bad fatigue. Many other symptoms too. I'm willing to try this.

Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karenl
Member # 17753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karenl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
imagine2,

I use magnesium oil from Dr. Klinghardt pharmacy.
I did not tolerate any oral magnesium. I use it for vibrating in my legs, muscles and bones and even near the heart.
I started the oil with one drop and now I can take ten in the mornig and ten at night.
Magnesium can bind toxins, you need to start slowly.

Posts: 1834 | From US | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Dr K has his own pharmacy? Wow! [Smile]
GiGi
Member # 259

I think the place karenl is referring to is part of the clinic where Dr. K. has his office. I am pretty sure he doesn't have his own "pharmacy". They carry certain products that are difficult to find in regular health food store.

What is the name/label of the magnesium oil you are using, karenl? I have used several different ones, but they all tend to be a bit sticky, which I don't like. Would you kind telling?

Thank you and take care.

Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI Ocean, sorry I didn't see your post. I wonder what happened in case of oregano oil rubbed on feet. I know they will kill some fungi or candida strains (I used to rub quite a few oils on my feet too) directly there.

but depending on the PLACE you rubbed on your feet, it might have gone INTO some meridian and killed somewhere ELSE. Besides, the skin absorbs things and puts it into the lymph + blood, so it really could have killed somewhere else.

Farah has a very good description about neurolyme, when she rubbed the oils all over her scalp just before going to emergency (as she was feeling AWFUL). During the time she was in emergency her neuro lyme symptoms started to fade. She doesn't recommend doing what she did (I do think she rubbed pure oregano oil and thyme, if my memory is good).

These 2 oils are EXTREME killers, and no one should use them pure (specially if you are an allergic type of person). But her own 'experience' somehow showed that these oils entered her brain or some nerve endings because her symptoms just went down and she felt almost normal in a few hours. That is when she started rubbing such oils all over.

I wonder what happened to Farah. I suspect she might have been 'chased out' of business because she claimed rubbed oils put her lyme into remission? She was a Chinese TCM practioner, I think. And her site is gone now.

I sometimes think about her, that her transdermal oil suggestions were VERY interesting. It was too simple, not very expensive, somehow quite effective (for the liver or lymph nodes, nothing works as fast as transdermal remedies, I find)...

But not on the line of what the big pharma wants? I keep wondering why she pulled out her website...

Besides, the smell of oils gets some of the particles directly into your brain.

----
I'm also interested about the rubbed magnesium!!

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karenl
Member # 17753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karenl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gigi,
yes I have never been in Dr. K's office, I just call and get an invoice.
On the bottle is only a white sticker:
Magnesium oil
4 oz
I just called and I think it is the only one Dr. K offers.

It is not sticky and not very oily. I also need a dropper to slowly add more drops.

But I would like to order one with minerals or
calcium to rub in.

I also once tried the oregano oil on the feet with the same experience.

You can put some drops oregano oil in a bottle of Vitamin E-oil and then use it.

Hope it helps.
Karen

Posts: 1834 | From US | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/SWU485/ItemDetail?n=4294967187

Thank you, Karen.

This is the one we are using now and we
are happy with it. Very happy.

I don't think there is any use to compare quantity per spray with capsule type because of type of mag and absorption. See research "Holy Water, Sacred Oil" by Norman Shealy, M.D.

Take care.

[ 08-17-2009, 03:19 AM: Message edited by: GiGi ]

Brussels
Member # 13480

Thanks Karen and Gigi. I wonder why they call it oil if it is with water though...

Is there any particular place that is BETTER to rub that on? Like thighs or tummy or ....?

Thanks again for any info.

GiGi
Member # 259

http://www.health-and-wisdom.com/images/shealy%20mag%20oil%20testing.pdf

I smoothen it on vagus/occiput (behind ears and neck ) down the spine; omentum; and of course any tight muscles or pain. My old heel fracture loves it as it does Jarro-Silica. Both are working wonders on this old often sore, when I garden, ankle/heel.

"It's important for people to understand that Magnesium Oil isn't actually an oil; rather, it's a supersaturated solution of magnesium chloride and pure water. The magnesium gives it a slippery feel, which is why it is called Magnesium Oil. It absorbs readily into the skin, leaving no oily residue, no scent, no sign whatsoever that it has been applied."

http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cache:sBCguoK1KXsJ:www.swansonvitamins.com/health-library/products/barbara-hendel-magnesium-oil.html+why+does+magnesium+oil+feel+oily&cd=1&hl=en&ct=c lnk&gl=us&ie=UTF-8

Take care.

P.S. I put a few drops in my moisterizing cream!
as well as a quick spray nose/jaw/neck. Careful with eyes. In other words, I take a bath in it!!!
without the tub.

Cass A
Member # 11134

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cass A     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr. K DOES have his own "store" where you can buy the products he recommends. Many of them are not available elsewhere (like Rechts-Regulat, unless you're in Germany). He has special formulations of chlorella and ozonated oils, etc., that can be found at this store.

There's a link to it at his website.

Best,

Cass A

Posts: 1245 | From Thousand Oaks, CA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone know why it would make me itch?

I got the Ancient Minerals Mag Oil and wasn't sure exactly where I was supposed to put it. I put it on my arm, which then proceded to itch like crazy for the next half hour. What gives? I didn't dilute it, not thinking I should. And for the record, what's the best place to put it?

Thanks!!

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zombie
Member # 23294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zombie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UP
Posts: 88 | From Toronto | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lightparfait
Member # 22022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lightparfait     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I spray it on after my shower, while my bodyis still damp...and rub it in like lotion.

I do not do it every day...only when I test for needing mag. with the biotenser. It does make my skin itch slightly...but the itch goes away within 15 miniutes. NOt enough of a problem to make me stop using it.

lp

Posts: 1009 | From NJ | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Read instructions: "rinse thoroughly" --- that is what it says on my bottle.

Take care.

Lauralyme
Member # 15021

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lauralyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bumping this up for others.

I have been helped tremendously lately with magnesium oil.

I am currently chelating heavy metals and my hearing became extremely oversensitive as well as other issues such as heart palpitations

I noticed improvement right away with using magnesium oil

--------------------
Fall down seven times, get up eight
~Japanese proverb

Posts: 1146 | From west coast | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momlyme
Member # 27775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lauralyme - what brand?

Man - my hearing and the ringing in my ears is unbearable!

I am going to have another cal/mag drink...

PLEASE post the mag oil that is helping you.

I HAVE to buy some!

--------------------
May health be with you!

Toxic mold was suppressing our immune systems, causing extreme pain, brain fog and magnifying symptoms. Four days after moving out, the healing began.

Posts: 2007 | From NY/VT Border | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lauralyme
Member # 15021

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lauralyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I buy a generic one from my LLMD's office just like karenl describes except I DO find it oily and sticky.

I wonder if the various brands really vary in quality as they all seem to burn and itch?

--------------------
Fall down seven times, get up eight
~Japanese proverb

Posts: 1146 | From west coast | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momlyme
Member # 27775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have read that the burning and itching is because of a magnesium deficiency. I do not know if that was here on lymenet or elsewhere. It could even be this thread - as I did not go above your recent post!

I am interested in buying a quality mag oil... still looking for a good source.

--------------------
May health be with you!

Toxic mold was suppressing our immune systems, causing extreme pain, brain fog and magnifying symptoms. Four days after moving out, the healing began.

Posts: 2007 | From NY/VT Border | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/SWU485/ItemDetail

I started with the three spray bottles, so that I could have a bottle upstairs and downstairs, and I usually end up giving some away. I then refill with the 1/2 gallon. The stuff lasts a long time. Follow instructions - it doesn't have to stay on there for hours. It is sticky for me, but not for my husband. Of course, he tolerates just about anything I put in him and on him........ Good grief, what that man has to go through!

Take care.

P.S. because of my lengthy wellness journey, I became familiar with Dr. med. B. H. and the mag oil from the Netherlands. She is one of the authors of the book Water & Salt before it was translated into English, and I have learned a lot from that. I have done many a salt pack years ago. And I take a few drops of sole often. It lives in a jar on my kitchenwindow sill and never goes bad. Do learn about it.

canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do the magnesium baths and love em.

Foot baths too

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
365SunnyDays
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29969

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 365SunnyDays     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone have a brand of transdermal glutathione that they like best? I am taking so many supplements/herbs/abx through my digestive tract, that I would love to find something that I could take and avoid that pathway. If you have had a good experience with a particular brand, I'd love to hear about it. Thanks!

--------------------
We really know so little about the body and the microbiome.

Posts: 261 | From Southern California | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dogmom2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dogmom2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up
Posts: 857 | From northern california | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement