LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » My heart is going crazy!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My heart is going crazy!!
pini
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to a cardiologist, 2nd one this summer and here are the results:

1) sinus arrhythmia
2) sinus bradycardia
3) sinus tachycardia
4) PVC

Both cardiologists say the beat is abnormal, but I have nothing worry about. I feel the irregular beat almost constantly. I was treated for Lyme in 2001-2002. They give me no answers!!

Please help.

Posts: 260 | From Long Island, New York | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abbriggs
Member # 21809

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abbriggs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have lots of heart problems too. I have PVC, PAC, Sinus arrhythmia and SVT. I had to have ablation done last summer. I take beta blockers for my fast rhythm. But the thing that has helped the most is the supplement Taurine. It helps with the electrical pathways of the heart. I take it 3 times a day.
Posts: 56 | From Austin, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pini
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, however I think Taurine is sulphur based and I am allergic to sulphur. Do you have slow and fast heartbeats?
Posts: 260 | From Long Island, New York | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abbriggs
Member # 21809

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abbriggs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. When I am up so is my BP and my heart rate. When I lay down my BP and my pulse both drop. I have something called POTS. It is a form of Dysautonomia.

www.dinet.org

Posts: 56 | From Austin, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sk8ter
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sk8ter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can take up to 1000mg of magnesium glycinaie that will calm everything...take 200mg every couple of hrs thru out the day.
Posts: 871 | From orange county, ca. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Conduction is lost in treatment by the loss of cellular function. Get the electrolytes up with replacements and that will help. The same ones used for diarrhea will work. Wal mt carries a lot of choices powdered or liquid drinks.

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pini
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1405

Thank you. I do take Magnesium, but not that type I will try it:)
Shosty
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Both my daughter and I have had these problems. The "sinus" label is very reassuring.

Neither of us could take beta blockers. I have used xanax sparingly for many years, a tiny dose, but it cuts off the panic that these heart beats can cause.

Are you female? Young, or pre-menopausal? Many women have these issues due to hormonal fluctuations. I would also have hormone levels checked. (My daughter is better now that she is 19, and I am better after menopause)

Our daughter had a constant pulse rate of 140 at rest for a few months and was quite symptomatic. She was about to have an ablation but things smoothed out on their own. Ditto for me, only my problem was PVC's, tachycardia in spurts and that feeling of the heart leaping out of my chest every few seconds.

I do believe that early Lyme treatment can contribute to this, and if that is the issue, then that too will smooth out soon.

Other things that can contribute are hiatal hernia, or even, for me, GERD. I get a lot of air in there for some reason, and after I belch a few times, my heart feels better. Weird.

This really is not dangerous. so try to avoid panicking- which makes it worse! I know from experience [Smile]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sk8ter
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sk8ter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I cant take Beta blockers either so they have me

on a small dose 60mg. of Cardizem. The magnesium
helps more than anything. I don't assimilate mag

at all per a 24 hr urine test. Many of us don't because the lyme will use it up. You must take it

alone not in combination with calcium. ProHealth has a very clean one ( Mag. Glycinate).

Just remember to take alone and through out the day away from calcium by 2 hrs or heart meds by 2

hours. If I dont take it for a day or two it all starts again. If you are going to get your

magnesium checked your must do intracellular like Spectracell labs or the 24 hr urine. Serum/blood

tells you nothing...it just shows that there is mag inyour blood but may not be going into the cells.
Blessings

Blessings,
Wendy

Posts: 871 | From orange county, ca. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pini
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1405

Thank you Shosty, I am a 40 year old female. Maybe it is hormonal. Does eliminating caffeine and alchohol completely alleviate symptoms?
Shosty
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I stopped all caffeine and yes, that helped.

I have to tell you that when I took my holter monitor back to the hospital, all the 40-50 year-old women working in the cardiology department commiserated with me and told me that they also had done the holter monitor!

I am not post menopause and have zero problems with my heart. But in my 40's, I remember lying down on the couch and trying to relax, and my heart palpitation was so bad that it pushed up the book that was lying in my chest!

Know that you are safe, mainly. Maybe try a teeny bit of xanax or similar thing. A tiny amount of beta blocker might help too, but I could not tolerate. I would say always take less than a quarter of what they give you of any med!

Have you had your thyroid checked? Hyperthyroid can do some of this.

But I'll bet it's hormones...which would be good news, because it will get better...

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pini
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1405

Thank you and I did have a book jump off my chest this summer, that was scary! I plan to have my thyroid and hormones checked, maybe I'll get some answers.
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The quality and type of mg is important!! I found that out the hard way. Since going back on Mg glycinate (KAL brand... vitacost.com) I have not had a bout of A-fib.

That's since May. Hope it continues!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 95670 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JLynn79
Member # 22191

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JLynn79     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Pini,
I just wanted to post a quick reply to let you know that I too suffer with this problem.

I am beginning to believe that my palpitations all started because of Lyme disease a long time ago.

I was put through so many tests, holter moniter, EKGs, to ultrasounds of my heart. Nothing ever really showed up to the Dr. that was abnormal for them. Just palpatations.

I've been put on Inderal for this. I take about 2 pills a day of 20mg each.

It has helped, but I also feel this med makes me a little tired as well, but nothing I have ever been on really agreed with me but this one.

I sometimes wonder had I been given a Lyme test back then, what would have shown? who really knows, but its something that annoys the heck out of me. I notice that when I eat alot of sugar or have a full meal it happens.

No Dr. has ever really explained to me why this happens. I don't have a sugar problem. I do have a thyroid problem, but not enough for them to put me on meds, and this problem came about 5 years ago,much later than the palpatations happened, this is why I feel it is the Lyme.

Hope you can get some relief soon! Its always alot of trial and error.

Posts: 18 | From New Jersey | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JLynn79
Member # 22191

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JLynn79     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Pini,
I just wanted to post a quick reply to let you know that I too suffer with this problem.

I am beginning to believe that my palpitations all started because of Lyme disease a long time ago.

I was put through so many tests, holter moniter, EKGs, to ultrasounds of my heart. Nothing ever really showed up to the Dr. that was abnormal for them. Just palpatations.

It has helped, but I also feel this med makes me a little tired as well, but nothing I have ever been on really agreed with me but this one.

I sometimes wonder had I been given a Lyme test back then, what would have shown? who really knows, but its something that annoys the heck out of me. I notice that when I eat alot of sugar or have a full meal it happens.

No Dr. has ever really explained to me why this happens. I don't have a sugar problem. I do have a thyroid problem, but not enough for them to put me on meds, and this problem came about 5 years ago,much later than the palpatations happened, this is why I feel it is the Lyme.

Posts: 18 | From New Jersey | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JLynn79
Member # 22191

Hi Pini,

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement