LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » ANY IV users use Ringers Solution or such that helps detox?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ANY IV users use Ringers Solution or such that helps detox?
springshowers
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am curious if anyone uses Ringsrs Solution or any other solutions that help you with your detox or just help you feel better.

I had some recently because I got sick and just like my old memory of being in the hospital with just saline. I get this overall feeling for that day of feeling better .

Is there something to this? I was thinking of asking my doctor to prescribe some ringers to me along with my ABX protocol.

Anyone using this?

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
motownlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11485

Icon 1 posted      Profile for motownlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD says that it helps the body flush out the toxins so I do mostly saline. I don't seem to react as well to Lactated Ringers.

Some days I think it helps, others not. LLMD says sometimes it's flushing out a lot toxins and my body can't handle that much at once.

I know it's ok to use Lactated Ringers with Rocephin as long as your flushing your line properly with saline, but I won't mix the two. I use plain saline with Rocephin.

Posts: 237 | From WV | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThatColorGreen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThatColorGreen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*sigh*

I miss my ringers!! they were the greatest thing ever!
I often wish i still had my picc line just so i could hook myself up to a bag.

... maybe i have a problem, hahahaha
they were so fantastic for me though [Smile]

~Green

--------------------
...trying to be the coffee bean, not the egg.

Posts: 420 | From East Coast | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh.. I had one last week when I was sick. I was great..
I am going to try to find out a way to get them prescribed or buy them myself.

I am not alone then?? !! : ) Thanks

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Connieaag
Member # 15199

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connieaag     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this similar to a Myer's Cocktail? If so Infuseamerica says on their site that they sell Myer's IV. My daughter is doing a liter of saline 3x a week along with the Rocephin IV, and it seems to be helping a lot. Before she got the PICC she was getting saline every 7-10 days and it just made her feel better to be hydrated well. She also got Myer's for awhile. We havn't run any of this by her LLMD, but plan to next week when we see him.

BTW -- By her PCP ordering the Saline for "hydration" our insurance company pays for it plus related supplies and the HHC nurse once a week that draws her blood and changes the dressing. If it were only for the Rocephin, they denied it all! Doesn't make sense, but it may be helpful to someone to know how we are at least getting a little help from insurance, even if they aren't covering Rocephin.

Posts: 93 | From Midwest | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Great Tip Connie.

How sad though that they will approve the saline and not the Abx.
But hey.. I apprecaiate the info. It may come in handy.

Did you mean Infuseamerica sells the Myers without Scrpt?

mandy614
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mandy614     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use lactated ringers on my off days of IV abx. They make me feel worse. My llmd says it's because of excess tissue toxicity.

It is supposed to flush out toxins.

Posts: 348 | From maryland | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

I like saline and ringers and being hydrated plus I think it helps with Thick blood etc.?

just a guess

For those who take it.. Do you think it helps to take a bag prior to your abx?

Or do you just take it days off and away from the abx?

tickled1
Member # 14257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickled1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Had lactated ringers yesterday. Felt so much better for the day!

Today not so good but probably b/c I ate red meat and onions. Always causes me widespread body pain.

I actually had pep in my step yesterday and was in a good mood! Husband gave me a big hug and said he was happy to catch a glimpse of the real me.

Posts: 2541 | From Northeast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sk8ter
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sk8ter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you have any bit of mitochondrial disease then you must NOT take ringers lactate.These type of patients may have lactate metabolizing genetic defects. Lyme can cause mito disease.
Posts: 871 | From orange county, ca. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickled1
Member # 14257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickled1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh no! How would I know if I had mitochondrial disease?
Posts: 2541 | From Northeast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement