LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » H1N1 said to be Hemorrhagic in Ukraine (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: H1N1 said to be Hemorrhagic in Ukraine
grandmother
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19908

Icon 1 posted      Profile for grandmother     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://recombinomics.com/News/11030902/Ukraine_Hemor.html

H1N1 seems to have taken a nasty turn in Ukraine.

The author, Henry Niman, a flu expert, believes the Ukraine government and WHO are keeping the seriousness of the situation hidden.

Posts: 894 | From CT | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh My. That is scary. Especially if they have more than the 6 cases they have reported. It sounds more like Ebola than swine flu.

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think i heard on the news today a cat tested positive for it

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MarsyNY
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MarsyNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbkT-AhDNRE
Posts: 465 | From New York, NY | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is not good. This is more like the lethal 1918 'Spanish' Flu.

Correct, Ip. I heard that, too. Turns out, we humans can give H1N1 flu to our cats, ferrets, pot-bellied pigs, birds.....

Why the h*ll weren't we warned early on that this could happen? Well, I'll make up a new thread about it so people are aware....
[shake]

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'll look for your new thread-but-we can give to them...can they give to us? what about dogs and horses?

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The article says "At this time, it does not appear that the cat has transmitted the virus to any other animals or humans."

This statement suggests that it's possible for animals to give it to people.

They aren't sure if dogs are susceptible. The article doesn't mention horses, but I thought I read about horses somewhere.... there are other articles out there. Like dogs, they probably just don't know yet.

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am going to bunker up. Filling my pantry and freezer and staying home. The book the HOT ZONE was not pretty...and this sounds similar. Hate to be an alarmist, but I can't afford to contract any illness.
Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
c3mom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for c3mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found this article interestig when talking about the 1918 flu and hemmorraging. If it has already been posted I apologize.

Look what it says about pregnant women and ovulation and Vit C levels.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/sardi/sardi125.html

Posts: 262 | From ohio | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MarsyNY
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MarsyNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.rense.com/general88/bax.htm
Posts: 465 | From New York, NY | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
grandmother
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19908

Icon 1 posted      Profile for grandmother     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Note they (c3mom's link) claim a 28% death rate in pregnant women.

This is inaccurate and appears to be a scare tactic. The 28% comes from 100, the number of pregnant women in the hospital for the flu, not the number of pregnant women who have the flu which numbers in the many thousands.

It appears to be an intentionally misleading article meant to scare the livin **** out of pregnant women.

They appear to be, intentionally, misleading pregnant women in order to scare them into getting, what we know to be, a dangerous vaccine. I wonder why. I fear for them and their unborn children.

[ 11-06-2009, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: grandmother ]

Posts: 894 | From CT | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are claims that medical staff in Ukraine were not aware of the hemorrhagic symptoms

possible in H1N1 victims (the first reports of this came from Mexico City) and the health

minister keeps making statements in the press that Ukraine is dealing with a mutation of the

virus. I've considered the political pressures he is no doubt under to excuse the complete lack of

preparation but I don't think he could possibly know for sure if there is a mutation or not at

this time.

People in the region have reported light airplanes spraying at night, (most likely an

effort at the aeroclave pandemic response) but by not publicly announcing it the rumors of bio

weapon use and other conspiracies surrounding the election have people stirred into near total

panic. I've had several first hand reports of eyewitnesses to the spraying so I personally

believe it, I just doubt its an effort to infect the populace.

A quarantine is being enforced in Lviv by police who are forcing people to remain indoors, the border is still open and flights are available, my med student friend is leaving later today, hopefully without a viral souvenir to take home.

http://fluboard.rhizalabs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2474&start=440

--------------------
IgM neg pos

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Member # 18524

Reports of quarantine of whole region underway.

http://fluboard.rhizalabs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2474&sid=d8fe109f76829eda3f2bd7e2bb9f2ac3

--------------------
IgM neg pos

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Wow. Very, very interesting link, Marsy.

It's extremely 'coincidental' that someone could predict a deadly flu outbreak in an unlikely region 2 months before it happened.....

[ 11-07-2009, 09:14 AM: Message edited by: Truthfinder ]

--------------------
Tracy

Pinelady
Member # 18524

OH Truthfinder I remember that.

But I did not connect the 2. I think the reports were even posted here.

I remember when it was reported and I even told my husband. All the lab animals died.

Thank You.

--------------------
IgM neg pos

Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not surprised.

It is histamine.

That virus locks onto a particular receptor that is on ALL of our cells.

If it attaches to our defensive MAST cells, they release HISTAMINE.

And look at this:

"Hemorrhagic shock is one such stressful stimulus which may cause mast cell degranulation and histamine release.

Histamine may be involved in the pathophysiology of hemorrhage.

It was reported that there are large amounts of histamine in the anterior and posterior lobes of the pituitary and the adjacent median eminence of the hypothalamus.

Most of the histamine in the posterior pituitary is in mast cells.

In addition, both vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) and histamine-containing neurons are available in the hypothalamus.

It therefore seems reasonable to suppose that these three systems (i.e., mast cells, VIP-containing neurons, and histamine-containing neurons) may play an important role in the

progression of hemorrhagic shock."

http://content.karger.com/ProdukteDB/produkte.asp?Doi=138826

Persons who have underlying allergies (asthma) or COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) are the ones who, if they get H1N1, end up in the hospital and are at risk to die.

Anti-histamine at the first sign of H1N1!!!

In a way...the destruction of RBCs is protective. This releases stores of Mg in the RBCs and ultimately -> the breakdown of hemoglobin -> CO (yes carbon monoxide) and free Fe which is very toxic to many pathogens.

Like many pathogens...their survival depends on a cytokine storm (massive inflammation - many free radicals).

Prevent the storm = prevent the infection.

VIP above is interesting! It is THE hormone that controls if we are fat or skinny.

For those able to follow this:

VIP produced an acute, dose-dependent 90% inhibition of acetyl-coenzyme A carboxylase activity.

Inhibits ACC2.

***....that balance between fatty acids and glucose as energetic fuels is under neurohormonal control.***"

vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP)

PMID: 2564395

...when an enzyme called ***acc2 is blocked*** in mice, the animals can eat much more food than other mice and still weigh 10 to 15 percent less."

There is a very specific ketone that comes FROM caprylic acid (when it is broken down in the liver) that inhibits ACC2.

P.S. I keep misspelling hemoglobin...I gotta watch it!

[ 11-07-2009, 08:56 AM: Message edited by: Marnie ]

Posts: 9404 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Member # 18524

August, 2009 The would-be bomber, Joseph Moshe,

called into the Dr True Ott Show on Republic

Broadcasting and said he was a microbiologist who

wanted to hand over evidence to a States

Attorney regarding tainted H1N1 vaccines being

produced by Baxter pharmaceutical. He claimed

that that Baxter's lab in the Ukraine was in fact

preparing a bioweapon disguised as a vaccine. He

maintained that the vaccine contained both

adjuvants designed to weaken the immune system,

and replicated RNA from the virus responsible for

the 1918 global pandemic. That's it. He made no

threat against Obama, nor said anything about

bombs or any attack. The following day he was

hauled out of his red VW beetle by a SWAT team

and arrested. He was immediately extradited to

Israel, where he has dual-citizenship, and hasn't

been heard from since. All this talk portraying

him as being a right-wing nutcase is

disinformation designed to keep his disturbing

comments from alarming the public.

Read more at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/08/14/man-suspected-of-making-t_n_259330.html&cp

--------------------
IgM neg pos

grandmother
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19908

So, first sign of flu/cold/H1N1, take antihistamine.
Pinelady
Member # 18524

http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/markets/industries/health-care/baxter-swine-flu-vaccine-gets-eu-nod/

http://politicolnews.com/baxters-patent-on-h1n1-shot/

I wonder if you keep a dab of coconut oil on the nostrils it would catch it before it got in.

--------------------
IgM neg pos

Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
:-)

My response to the above idea.

Good thinking!

Monolaurin IS...

Posts: 9404 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Member # 18524

Ukraine President issues warning and instructions to Obey restrictions.
http://eng.for-ua.com/analytics/2009/11/05/153704.html

--------------------
IgM neg pos

Pinelady
Member # 18524

Seems like people are catching on. Finally.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/8346901.stm

--------------------
IgM neg pos

Pinelady
Member # 18524

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giavJC7Q-TM

His arrest. Gotta wonder how he managed to just leave the states and go back home.

--------------------
IgM neg pos

Marnie
Member # 773

Look at the Ukraine statistics:

http://eng.for-ua.com/news/2009/11/03/175600.html

From the CDC in the U.S. alone:

"How many people die from seasonal flu each year in the United States?

The number of seasonal influenza-associated (i.e., seasonal flu-related) deaths varies from year to year because flu seasons often fluctuate in length and severity.

CDC estimated that about 36,000 people died of seasonal flu-related causes each year, on average, during the 1990s in the United States.

This figure includes people dying from complications of seasonal flu.

This estimate came from a 2003 study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA), which looked at the 1990-91 through the 1998-99 flu seasons [10].

Statistical modeling was used to estimate how many flu-related deaths occurred among people whose underlying cause of death on their death certificate was listed as a respiratory or circulatory disease. During these years, the number of estimated deaths ranged from 17,000 to 52,000.

In 2009, CDC published additional estimates of seasonal flu-related deaths comparing different methods, including the methods used in the 2003 JAMA study.

The seasons studied included the 1993-94 through the 2002-03 flu seasons [9]. Results from this study showed that during this time period, 36,171 flu-related deaths occurred per year, on average."

http://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/disease/us_flu-related_deaths.htm

People will die from all flu(s).

My mother-in-law - many years ago, got a seasonal flu vaccine injection. She got the flu and the virus ended up causing pericarditis. She died.

Before her death, her doctor told her the flu virus was the trigger for her pericarditis.

I have VERY mixed feelings about vaccines.

Those pathogens that cause horrible diseases which do kill thousands can mutate so darned fast...and the vaccine must be "perfect"

to be effective against a particular strain.

Interesting:

"Caspase 3 activation is essential for efficient influenza virus propagation"

http://www.nature.com/emboj/journal/v22/n11/abs/7595188a.html

Counter?

This sustained *elevated level of AChE* in the brain, thymus and spleen *activates capase-3* in response to cerebral ischemia.

Inhibit AChE...acetylcholinesterase. That metabolizes acetylcholine.

Aricept?

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Pinelady, whose arrest? (I'm unable to watch online videos.)

Marnie, I've taken note of your antihistamine suggestion - makes a LOT of sense. The coconut oil is another good idea.....

Wonder when we'll get any kind of update on what testing shows coming out of the Ukraine. Of course, if the WHO is in charge of the investigation, we may never know the real facts.
[Frown]

--------------------
Tracy

Pinelady
Member # 18524

Joseph Moshe's arrest was caught on video. It was reported he made threats to the president etc. back

in Feb. He did not but FBI/SWAT arrested him for such. He was whisleblowing and they had him

arrested. He was supposedly sent back to Israel, and doing well? I would say he got very lucky. You

can look up his name.

--------------------
IgM neg pos

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Oh, thanks Pinelady. Should have realized you were talking about Moshe.

--------------------
Tracy

Pinelady
Member # 18524

Joseph Moshe (Moshe is the man's middle name) is a bio-scientist. He works (worked?) for a unit within Mossad. He is an Israeli citizen.

The Secret Service was not the agency involved in the surveillance of Moshe at his home in California. This was done by the FBI, who had orders to detain him, or "bring him in."

Moshe did not send a threat to the White House. Rather, he communicated that he intended to go public with information he had regarding the flu vaccine that is being prepared by Baxter Labs, an Austrian company.

The information is this: The vaccine is being manufactured in Ukraine. It is not a vaccine at all, but rather an engineered genetically mutated bio-weapon meant to cause sickness and death. Moshe informed the White House he intended to go public with this information. When he became aware that the FBI was about to detain him, he packed some belongings in his car and set out for the Israeli consulate, located in close proximity to the federal building where the standoff took place. FBI pursuit kept him from reaching his destination.

Mounted on top of the large black vehicle was a microwave weapon which fried the electronics in Moshe's car as well as any communication devices he had which might have been used to contact the media or others who could help him.

Moshe did not suffer the same effects of the gas and pepper spray that others would have because he had built up an immunity to such weapons as a by-product of his Mossad training.

Moshe was not handcuffed because he was not placed under arrest. After leaving police or FBI custody, he returned to Israel, where he is at this time.

The information comes from one of my confidential sources. I have reason to believe it is accurate. If I receive more information I will post it.
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message861009/pg1

I think he is alive because he just sat there in his car. Very smart man.. He sat there till all news agencies/etc. were on hand.

http://willyloman.wordpress.com/2009/08/24/who-is-joseph-moshe/

--------------------
IgM neg pos

Pinelady
Member # 18524

You have to also take in to consideration living

conditions. If this did turn out to be plague it

could be caused by water conditions.

--------------------
IgM neg pos

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Thanks for more background info, Pinelady.

I love a good mystery but this is a little too spooky for comfort.

I just wrote to a friend who has some inlaws that live in the Ukraine and were visiting in the states last summer. I asked if she's heard anything. Probably not, but I thought I'd check with her.

--------------------
Tracy

Pinelady
Member # 18524

http://www.healthemergency.gov.au/internet/healthemergency/publishing.nsf/Content/phases

This is what I call getting prepared....

ALERT A novel virus with pandemic potential causes severe disease in humans who have had contact with infected animals. There is no effective transmission between humans. Novel virus has not arrived in Australia.
DELAY Novel virus has not arrived in Australia.
OS4 Small cluster of cases in one country overseas.
OS5 Large cluster(s) of cases in only one or two countries overseas.
OS6 Large cluster(s) of cases in more than two countries overseas.
CONTAIN Pandemic virus has arrived in Australia causing small number of cases and/or small number of clusters.
SUSTAIN Pandemic virus is established in Australia and spreading in the community.
CONTROL Customised pandemic vaccine widely available and is beginning to bring the pandemic under control.
RECOVER Pandemic controlled in Australia but further waves may occur if the virus drifts and/or is re-imported into Australia.
PROTECT Pandemic virus is mild in most but severe in some and moderate overall. This phase sits alongside CONTAIN and SUSTAIN phases with a greater focus on treating and caring for those more vulnerable to severe outcomes.
Vaccination in PROTECT

Under the AHMPPI (2008) immunisation would normally mark the beginning of the next phase, or CONTROL. However, given the moderate nature of pandemic (H1N1) 2009, and the desirability of continuing current measures under the PROTECT phase, a change to the CONTROL phase will not occur.

The PROTECT pandemic immunisation program enhances current efforts to reduce morbidity and mortality in people at increased risk of severe outcomes if infected with the pandemic (H1N1) influenza virus.

* Protect Phase Annex to the Australian Health Management Plan for Pandemic Influe

--------------------
IgM neg pos

Pinelady
Member # 18524

They are calling it Californian virus. Hmmmm.

http://eng.for-ua.com/news/2009/11/05/161736.html

Where did that come from? Lets guess!

--------------------
IgM neg pos

Pinelady
Member # 18524

http://eng.for-ua.com/news/2009/11/05/161736.html

http://en.for-ua.com/forum/read.php?10,76166

I just hope whatever it is they get it contained.

--------------------
IgM neg pos

Pinelady
Member # 18524

Hey Truth, I went thru Kayak to get a flight to Ukraine. None available.

--------------------
IgM neg pos

grandmother
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19908

http://www.recombinomics.com/News/11080902/H1N1_D225.html

discusses genetic changes in Ukraine that raise pandemic concerns.

The sequencing of genetic changes should have been released to the public/media by now and the fact that they have not been released is also raising concerns.

canbravelyme
Member # 9785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canbravelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Responding so I can follow the thread.

--------------------
For medical advice related to Lyme disease, please see an ILADS physician.

Posts: 1494 | From Getting there... | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dean W. A. Pearson of Philadelphia collected 26,795 cases of influenza treated by homeopathic physicians with a mortality of 1.05%, while the average old school mortality is 30%.

I do not find evidence that Flu vaccines prevent deaths from the Flu, but the case for Homeopathic Remedies do have a track record to fall back on.

I guess if I used anything, it would be homeopathy.

http://www.nesh.com/main/nejh/samples/winston.html

Dan

Posts: 2918 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Member # 18524

Dang, its in Egypt too.
http://trancy.net/2009/10/31/october-31-egypt-eg-1-new-death-confirmed/#comment-2268

--------------------
IgM neg pos

seibertneurolyme
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pinelady,

Thanks for keeping us all updated.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canbravelyme
Member # 9785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canbravelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Bea,

What are you and Steve doing to safeguard him? Has he taken / will he take the vaccine?

xo

--------------------

Posts: 1494 | From Getting there... | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Canbravelyme,

No vaccine for us.

Just trying to keep hubby away from other people as much as possible.

I did increase his oral vitamin C from 3000 mg daily to 5000 mg daily and added back herbal tinctures of billberry and elderberry and hyssop. Hubby has been on a prescription antiviral for 6 or 7 years -- amantadine for borna virus -- not really sure it does anything but afraid to stop it right now.

I usually have hubby on some sort of antiviral tincture -- switch around between different herbs -- lomatium, cryptolepis, lemon balm, St John's wort etc. Also, hubby has finally worked up to 10 tablets daily of andrographis. Have been working on getting the dose up for a couple of years actually.

Hubby's WBC has gone back to normal (after resuming levaquin) -- had been low for about 9 months -- so right now I am not extremely worried about the flu.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canbravelyme
Member # 9785

WBC normal after Levaquin! That's astonishing! I'm so relieved!

My neuro would like me to do Levaquin, but I'm having difficulty accessing it in Canada, as there's a witch-hunt out for anyone willing to treat remotely outside CDC guidelines.

In the interim, I'm thinking of going back to andographis etc.

--------------------

Pinelady
Member # 18524

I think they have had enough time to tell us what the heck it is.

http://www.who.int/csr/don/2009_11_03/en/index.html

Anyone heard?

--------------------
IgM neg pos

coltman
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coltman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Somebody tell me why 135 death from infection in 45 mln ppl country is considered serious .
Posts: 856 | From MA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canbravelyme
Member # 9785

Yes, please: could someone find us comparative stats re: regular flu season this time of year vs. other years?

--------------------

Pinelady
Member # 18524

Reportedly the cases are double reg flu season. But what they are investigating it what this is.

http://www.who.int/csr/don/2009_11_03/en/

http://recombinomics.com/News/11030902/Ukraine_Hemor.html
Apparently this company fears they will not release reports of what it is.

From what I can gather they think they may have a mutation, or something new all together.

http://www.thenews.pl/national/artykul119670_health-minister-stop-flu-panic.html
Are they scared of the vaccines? Poland says no contract if no responsibility?

--------------------
IgM neg pos

Pinelady
Member # 18524

Incidentally Egypt is reporting their first death of the hemorrhagic flu. While H5N1 has been their problem. If H1N1 is Ukraines problem things may have changed.

http://www.who.int/csr/disease/avian_influenza/H5N1virus26May/en/index.html

https://apps.who.int/fluvirus_tracker/searchsample/list

--------------------
IgM neg pos

Pinelady
Member # 18524

Info on different flu and vaccines.

http://www.who.int/vaccine_research/diseases/ari/en/index1.html

http://www.who.int/vaccine_research/diseases/influenza/flu_trials_tables/en/index.html

How will we know who took the H5N1 and who got the H1N1?
http://www.who.int/csr/disease/avian_influenza/H5N1virus26May/en/index.html

--------------------
IgM neg pos

Pinelady
Member # 18524

http://www.who.int/vaccine_research/diseases/influenza/flu_trials_tables/en/index.html

More then 70 clinical trials have been completed or are ongoing as of July 2009. While most of the

clinical trials have focused on healthy adults, new data is now available on safety and immunogenicity

of vaccine candidates in the elderly and in children.

--------------------
IgM neg pos

canbravelyme
Member # 9785

This is creepy; did I understand correctly that Egypt is now looking at the emergence of a possible recombinant?

--------------------

Pinelady
Member # 18524

http://www.who.int/csr/disease/avian_influenza/guidelines/200902_H5VaccineVirusUpdate.pdf

--------------------
IgM neg pos

Pinelady
Member # 18524

Who states there was 70 ongoing trials of H5N1/Egypt.

We have been given H1N1 and Seasonal. I would like to know if Ukraine also received H5N1/Egypt.

http://unian.net/eng/

http://unian.net/eng/news/news-345345.html

--------------------
IgM neg pos

Pinelady
Member # 18524

Ukraine President meeting with WHO.

http://uf.ukranews.com/reportages.php?id=1615

http://unian.net/eng/news/news-345345.html
Tymoshenko has been guilty of one thing: sending mixed messages. The closing of schools and

banning of public gatherings are among the harshest measures in Europe against the H1N1

virus. Yet Tymoshenko has not forcefully advocated for people to get vaccinated against

the virus. "I am not vaccinated," she said in a television address this week. "I am protecting

myself like everybody, with lemon, onion, garlic, everything that is needed. I think the best way

is simply to protect your health through well-known means." Yushchenko, meanwhile, has

urged people to get vaccinated immediately.

--------------------
IgM neg pos

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

I'm getting confused. H5N1 is the `bird flu' (avian) virus, correct? Well, the current H1N1 swine flu virus contains the avian flu virus gene, along with a couple of H3N2 genes from Eurasia.

Which is all very interesting, but I have no idea what it means.

Canadian Broadcasting reported Friday that the Ukraine government is `over reacting' to the recent surge in illnesses, probably for political reasons, they suggest. Note that neither the severity of the illness nor the rapid spread is specifically noted. Well, the CBC isn't one of my favorite news sources anyway.....:
http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2009/11/06/h1n1-world.html

--------------------
Tracy

Pinelady
Member # 18524

http://www.ukrinform.ua/eng/

Scares me and yes confused. But I do not think this

is just politics. While it may affects the

politics, because of the upcoming elections.

Sadly. Now they have a shortage of everything,

including lemons. There are 19 countries who have offered humanitarian aid.

--------------------
IgM neg pos

Pinelady
Member # 18524

http://rense.gsradio.net:8080/rense/special/rense_Niman_110909.mp3

Talks about Hill and WHO

--------------------
IgM neg pos

coltman
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coltman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anonther scare tactic. When death count reaches hundreds of thousands - that would be legit concern, otherwise you have better chances to die in car crash
Posts: 856 | From MA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emla999/Lyme
Member # 12606

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emla999/Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ukraine and World Pneumonic Plague Information

http://ukraineplague.blogspot.com/

Posts: 1223 | From U.S.A | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canbravelyme
Member # 9785

What I would like to know:

What percentage infected in Ukraine were vaccinated?

and

What percentage who died in Ukraine vaccinated?

--------------------

Pinelady
Member # 18524

Good Luck Can. No one can find out what WHO has

found so far either. And even the news agencies are

staying away from it..

--------------------
IgM neg pos

Pinelady
Member # 18524

http://tinyurl.com/yj8vnyy

http://tinyurl.com/yh2ujey

Austria is going to take Baxters Jab! One to watch.

There is a political fight going on but it appears to be within the governing body. Not civil.

http://www.ukrinform.ua/eng/

--------------------
IgM neg pos

canbravelyme
Member # 9785

Austria: Baxter; One to Watch/

Thanks, PL

--------------------

Pinelady
Member # 18524

No One wants to even mention the Plague. I will

because it is necessary. If this is plague the last

one took 4 years to dissipate. And no we do not

have a vaccine for it. You must know how to prevent

before you have to fight it. We have talked a lot

about that here. There are reports that 6 doctors

have died. With this one I had rather be

extremely cautious, but not panic. I want to be

prepared. The lack of news, including denials on

news, makes me think, yes I

need to prepare.

--------------------
IgM neg pos

canbravelyme
Member # 9785

Still you wouldn't take the vaccine?

I wish WHO would give us figures on how many of the ill were vaccinated

Plus, my understanding of flu vaccines in general is that they are unreliable; has that improved?

--------------------

Pinelady
Member # 18524

No. It must be contained.

Me too. It varies with the vaccine.

My guess is they were spraying for fleas/ticks

/lice. Supposed hundreds of people reported

sprayings but govt. denies.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvbid/plague/info.htm

--------------------
IgM neg pos

canbravelyme
Member # 9785

Um...we both know what the plague is...

--------------------

Pinelady
Member # 18524

There are also reports that police took patient case files, most likely for WHO officials to try to figure if any common ground.

http://www.euro.who.int/influenza/AH1N1/20091105_1

--------------------
IgM neg pos

canbravelyme
Member # 9785

I re-read my post: In case you didn't catch that: I'm saying the plague has been here for a while; it's vector borne, like the previous one...

--------------------

Pinelady
Member # 18524

http://www.euro.who.int/influenza/AH1N1/20091108_1

http://www.euro.who.int/influenza/AH1N1/20091107_3

To date, 42 resistant pandemic H1N1 influenza viruses have been detected and characterized

worldwide. All of these viruses show the same H275Y mutation that confers resistance to the

antiviral oseltamivir, but not to the antiviral

zanamivir. Worldwide, more than 10,000 clinical

specimens (samples and isolates) of the pandemic H1N1 virus have been tested and found to be

sensitive to oseltamivir.

http://www.who.int/csr/disease/swineflu/laboratory06_11_2009/en/index.html

History of the plagues.

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/plague/article_em.htm
http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/ep-mu/plague-eng.php#6

--------------------
IgM neg pos

Pinelady
Member # 18524

Yea I know. Bugs rule this world. Look at us. Anyone know which of the 10 antibiotics I have on

hand is considered prophylaxis for plague? I

remember taking some kind of chocolate stuff when

my 2 yr old sister had meningitis but that was

years ago. I seriously doubt very many doctors do.

--------------------
IgM neg pos

canbravelyme
Member # 9785

There was a TED talk a while ago that discusses how much of our body weight is bacteria, and how they chat:

http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/eng/bonnie_bassler_on_how_bacteria_communicate.html

--------------------

canbravelyme
Member # 9785

Wow that is tremendously helpful. I guess I should get a package of both...but how to know which strain to treat for?...

And hmmm...

"Pneumonic plague is the most deadly form of plague but least common. It can be spread through airborne droplets released through coughs or sneezes, or through contact with infected body fluids. It can also be spread through contact with clothing or bed linens that have been contaminated with infected body fluids."

--------------------

Pinelady
Member # 18524

Can Bears get Lyme disease?

Looks like the thyroid quit working.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8345550.stm

--------------------
IgM neg pos

canbravelyme
Member # 9785

How sad and horrible!

I couldn't read the article.

I personally believe all land mammals can contract Lyme disease.

--------------------

Pinelady
Member # 18524

I can't believe I'm talking about Plague here,

but with over 200,000 cases of Lyme why not?

Without early treatment, patients may die. Early treatment of pneumonic plague

is essential. To reduce the chance of death, antibiotics must be given within

24 hours of first symptoms. Streptomycin, gentamicin, the tetracyclines, and

chloramphenicol are all effective against pneumonic plague. Antibiotic treatment

for 7 days will protect people who have had direct, close contact with infected
patients.

Wearing a close-fitting surgical mask also protects against infection.Plague

is an infectious disease that affects animals and humans. It is caused by the

bacterium Yersinia pestis. This bacterium is found in rodents and their fleas

and occurs in many areas of the world, including the United States. Y. pestis

is easily destroyed by sunlight and drying.

Even so, when released into air, the bacterium will survive for up to one hour,
although this could vary depending on conditions. Pneumonic plague is one of
several forms of plague. Depending on circumstances, these forms may occur separately
or in combination:

http://www.nationalterroralert.com/pneumonicplague/

--------------------
IgM neg pos

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement