LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » XMRV

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: XMRV
SForsgren
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone here been tested yet? If so, and you are comfortable sharing your results, I'd be interested in starting to get an idea of how common XMRV is in chronic Lyme. I think we're gonna see it is pretty common. Whether the puppet-master or another opportunist may be the bigger question....

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
runner21
Member # 1974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for runner21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Scott, i was in the clinic today and someone volunteered me to get tested. She said i owuldnt get the results for 2-3 months. i think its opportunisitic..but thats justmy thoughts..

Runner

Posts: 1118 | From jacksonville,fl usa/santa rosa ca | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TylerAdam
Member # 20436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TylerAdam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IGeneX position on testing...
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/87714

Posts: 47 | From Yorkshire, UK | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No testing, but just a strange anecdotal result or coincidence. I do not know which.

I have run Rife type frequencies calculated to damage the genetic material in the XMRV virus on myself, my son and my wife.

My son and myself both have autoimmune diseases, and I thought the virus may be connected to these diseases, hence the experiment. My wife has Lyme and that made her a candidate also.

My son and myself had similar reactions to the treatment, such as itching and sensations and soreness in the intestinal regions.

My wife had no discernible reaction to the treatment at all. The interesting part was she developed Shingles shortly after my son's treatment. Since this is a plasma device all of us get treated if one of us is getting treatment.

I do not know if treating for one virus caused the other dormant Herpes Zoster virus to erupt or if they have the same resonant frequency. It could also be a complete coincidence.

I treated my wife's Shingles outbreak with the XMRV frequencies and more standard Herpes Zoster frequencies. The next day the symptoms were still painfully present. The day after they were resolving themselves, and now appear to be almost gone altogether.

Not sure what to make of it, but it was strange occurrence.

Dan

Posts: 2918 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myco
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I honestly don't see what the point is of wasting $400. Even IF we all have it, it is most likely another opportunistic infection. Retrovirus or not.

And, more importantly THERE IS NO CURE for a retrovirus like this. Not even in the pipeline.

I honestly don't know what the CFS folks have their panties up in a bunch for. The majority of them have never even been tested for Lyme or tried any Lyme treatment. I was diagnosed by a very well know CFIDS Dr. with CFS in 2003 and told to go home and rest and take my b-12 shots.

Later that year as I was going down hill quickly my friend (who had lyme) knew it was Lyme and sent me to an LLMD. Now in 2009 I only have 2-3 symptoms left and am fully active again.

My LLMD is already looking into this, so might as well wait and see before I waste more money.

Posts: 770 | From USA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everyone can approach XMRV in their own manner certainly. I for one want to learn about it and make informed decisions about the potential health impacts. Closing our minds to the possibility that it may be a player seems unwise from my current POV though I understand not wanting to spend a fortune to get tested for it.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Dan

What frequencies did you find out were specific for XMRV? And how often do you find you are treating for Viruses?

Thanks

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiden424
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7633

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aiden424     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't go back to my doctor until December. I'm going to see if I can get tested then. I'd like to know everything I'm dealing with.

Kathy

--------------------
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Posts: 804 | From South Dakota | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am still running them on myself on Occasion. I know so little right now. All I have are some random reactions to the frequencies, which do not mean a lot.

I do not know the amount of time that it will take to disable the virus. I do not even know for sure if I have it. It is all up in the air. I am looking for anecdotal evidence in the form of body function changes. I have noted a couple in myself, but not in my wife.

Other viruses such as Colds and Flu have been much easier to disable using frequencies than bacteria. I do not know why this is, but it seems to be the case.

I am using Char Boehm's frequencies calculated to damage the DNA and or RNA of a pathogen. I use these for Lyme also in my wife's treatment.

I cannot distribute these frequencies because they are proprietary. The set for XMRV cost me ten bucks.

Dan

Posts: 2918 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Dan,

Did you use the frequencies as is or did you add a sweep/wobble? I have purchased them as well but have not run them yet.

I did run the set from Frequency Foundation via the F165 but want to run Char's via the Perl.

Thanks

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

springshowers
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You say you have to purchase frequencies?

Who is selling them? I am out of that loop?

Wow. Well.. hmmm Ok..

Can you tell me about what ones you use for just the flu and colds and herpes and such.

I have a list but its long and i wondered if you had success with a certain group more than others?

If thats not appropriate.. Asking that.>
I apologize. I am new to the rife and trying to learn and still have a lot to learn. ..

Thanks

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Sorry about this as I asked on another thread too.

What is the difference in herxes you notice when trying to treat a Virus as opposed to a Bacteria (Lyme) as opposed to Parasite as opposed to Fungus?

I assume the Bacteria and Parasites would give bigger longer herxes and harder to treat??

I would assume in order of difficulty and severity it would go in order
Bacteria, Parasite, Viral, Fungal

Or.. at least the first two go together and the last two?

I am just guessing and would love to hear from long time rifers..

I want to try to treat some viral issues but I am hurting right now and afraid to make it worse at this point..

?????

What would you suggest or can share with me about the treating of the Viruses..

I am assuming I am still working out the Flu I had as well as have been positive for the normal stuff we all are EBV HHV CMV and such...

Thanks for anything you can share.

SForsgren
Member # 7686

dnafrequencies.com

Generally, you want to treat parasites first then bacteria and molds/fungi and then viruses. You want to go from larger to smaller as the larger also contain the smaller.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

springshowers
Member # 19863

Thank you for that link. The explains a lot.

Also.. though. If I feel the viral issues are causing me some issues right now and I just want to work on them.. Is that backwards?

I should just keep on hitting the bacteria you say because they contain them anyway?

Hmmmm I did not realize or know that?

SForsgren
Member # 7686

I think that addressing viruses throughout treatment in some way makes sense, but not a focus on them that ignores the other factors in play.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

D Bergy
Member # 9984

Colds and Flu frequencies that I use are the CAFL frequencies in the public domain. Unless you are treating a particular strain, and you knew you had that strain, it would not do much good to have specific frequencies since we rarely know what strain we have, or if it has mutated.

For instance, last year, I am fairly certain I had H1N1. I was never tested for it, but the Flu I had was so bad, I thought I might die from it. The Flu normally has minimal impact on me. I did not treat this with my GB-4000, because I did not have it available at the time. Even if I would have, I may have had a strain that had not even been talked about at that time. So I would have had no way of getting a specific frequency for it.

I usually only buy frequencies for bacteria or viruses for pathogens I know I am dealing with.
These frequencies are mathematically calculated to damage the DNA or RNA of a pathogen. The pathogen has to have been genetically sequenced in order to calculate these frequencies.

The researcher that uses her patented method to come up with these frequencies, uses the small fee she charges to support further research in this field.

I almost always run these frequencies exactly as given with no wobble or sweep. Since they seem to work well as they are. I have noticed that they are much more effective when run at higher octaves than the Hz range. I run all of the DNA frequencies in the Mhz range. They just do not work that well at lower levels. I do not know why, but that has been the way they all have worked so far.

The vast majority of frequencies I use, are the free ones in the CAFL. Many work very well, but some pathogens are not listed. This is when the DNA frequencies are most helpful.

I have never experienced or witnessed a Herx from any treatment with frequencies for anything other than Lyme. There are a variety of other sensations and effects during or after treatment, but not usually negative ones.

Dan

sunnymalibu
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9586

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunnymalibu   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
D Bergy-interesting that you said that your wife got shingles after rife treatment because one treatment suggested for XMRV is the AIDS drug AZT. I read that AZT, or Velcade (used for retroviruses) can cause shingles to activate. Don't know if there is any correlation?

[ 11-09-2009, 11:13 AM: Message edited by: sunnymalibu ]

--------------------
sunnymalibu

Posts: 192 | From california | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Thank you Dan.. So much for the info.!!!
StephenC
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15171

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StephenC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by D Bergy:
No testing, but just a strange anecdotal result or coincidence. I do not know which.

I have run Rife type frequencies calculated to damage the genetic material in the XMRV virus on myself, my son and my wife.

My son and myself both have autoimmune diseases, and I thought the virus may be connected to these diseases, hence the experiment. My wife has Lyme and that made her a candidate also.

My son and myself had similar reactions to the treatment, such as itching and sensations and soreness in the intestinal regions.

My wife had no discernible reaction to the treatment at all. The interesting part was she developed Shingles shortly after my son's treatment. Since this is a plasma device all of us get treated if one of us is getting treatment.

I do not know if treating for one virus caused the other dormant Herpes Zoster virus to erupt or if they have the same resonant frequency. It could also be a complete coincidence.

I treated my wife's Shingles outbreak with the XMRV frequencies and more standard Herpes Zoster frequencies. The next day the symptoms were still painfully present. The day after they were resolving themselves, and now appear to be almost gone altogether.

Not sure what to make of it, but it was strange occurrence.

Dan

What kind of Rife machine do you use?

--------------------
Lingering chronic symptoms: Fatigue, Derealization, Brain fog. Monthly fever with flu-like symptoms that last for weeks.
Lyme WB Bands Positive: 31, 41, 58, 66
HHV6, EBV, CMV, & Mycoplasma IGG positive.
Chronically Low CD4 count.

Posts: 106 | From Texas | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Member # 9984

I use both a Rifelabs EMX and a GB-4000. I have been using the EMX more lately, and that is the one I was using for XMRV.

That is an interesting bit of information about AZT. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Dan

SForsgren
Member # 7686

I think jumping to AZT for XMRV is a bit of a knee-jerk reaction. It would be the last thing I'd consider.

I'm hoping that herbal and/or homeopathic and/or additional frequency-based therapies emerge vs. more poisons...

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

D Bergy
Member # 9984

AZT is not a drug to use lightly. I do not think I would do that, unless my life depended on it.

Dan

peter j
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11825

Icon 1 posted      Profile for peter j     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sunnymalibu:
D Bergy-interesting that you said that your wife got shingles after rife treatment because one treatment suggested for XMRV is the AIDS drug AZT. I read that AZT, or Velcade (used for retroviruses) can cause shingles to activate. Don't know if there is any correlation?

I know someone, who knows someone who uses AZT for other reasons, and don't have much problems with it.

Very interesting sunnymaliby. Do you know anything about who/where the suggestion comes from (AZT)? (link would be great)

Posts: 275 | From Home | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djf2005
Member # 11449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for djf2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can concur that the aids drug used for some viruses "can possibly" cause shingles ourbreak.

My mom recently had a bad virus, was put on that drug, and then developed shingles.

--------------------
"Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you."

[email protected]

Posts: 2269 | From Lansdowne, Pa | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
n.northernlights
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17934

Icon 1 posted      Profile for n.northernlights     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone with treatment resistant lyme was positive for xmrv over at the phoenix rising forum.
Posts: 366 | From Europe | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

That will become more than rule than the exception I suspect. We'll see.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

coltman
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coltman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I am using Char Boehm's frequencies calculated to damage the DNA and or RNA of a pathogen. I use these for Lyme also in my wife's treatment.

So what are you using GB 4000 (with amplifier or not? ) or EMX?
Posts: 856 | From MA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Member # 9984

I used the EMX, but I am thinking of using the GB also. Just to see if it produces any different reaction. I always use the amp with the GB.

Actually, I am going to run them on my son again right now, as he had a similar reaction as me, the first time. He also has an autoimmune disease, as I do.

Dan

R62
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18531

Icon 1 posted      Profile for R62     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dan, how do you avoid a wobble with an analog machine? I am thinking with DNA frequencies you would not want to wobble or sweep.. a little concerned of hitting something good DNA and damaging myself.. that makes sense?

I cant remember if the EMX or EMEM3d from rife labs is analog or digital. I think (could be wrong) DTs machine is.

Posts: 861 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
R62
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18531

Icon 1 posted      Profile for R62     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What range are the mhz frequencies and can all machines support that?

Thank you!

Posts: 861 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kareamber
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20110

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kareamber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD has recently prescribed me Artesunate for lyme and coinfections. The pharmacy tech said they are also using this to treat XMRV and CFS and having good responses.

Just thought I'd share [Smile]

--------------------
IgeneX IGG POS 30+ 31++++ 41++
IGM 30+ 31+++ 34IND 41IND 83-93IND
Quest NEG IGG 30 and 41 only

Posts: 538 | From Everywhere | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hoot
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19281

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a group of kids in the autism community that have been testing positive. Have heard that they are using SAMe to help. They are not sure if this is do to a methylation problem (interferes with the MAT enzyme) or something else.

I would love to have my son tested. I am going to try to contact the company where my friend's son was part of a study.

My son seems to get very angry with natural antivirals. I wonder if we are killing something like XMRV. He is autistic and is positive for the "mystery bug" on his cells.

Posts: 236 | From Illinois | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Member # 9984

I don't think a wobble is going to hurt any. Human DNA has a stronger bond than lower life forms, or so the theory goes. It may even work better, no one knows at this point.

Dan

SForsgren
Member # 7686

I'd like to understand the mechanism of action of SAMe on XMRV as well - the methylation theory makes sense to me. Maybe with improved methylation, XMRV becomes a lesser issue?

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

hoot
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19281

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will post once the autism community gives an "official" reason.
Posts: 236 | From Illinois | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scott wrote:
I'd be interested in starting to get an idea of how common XMRV is in chronic Lyme.

My LLMD's office said about 50% are testing positive. I think they have tested a small number of people so far so this may not be very accurate once they have a larger sampling.

As far as methylation, there are some mutations that cause difficulty deactivating viruses. According to Yasko, low BH4 causes this and more severe parasitic infections too. Some of the mutations that I know of are the CBS upregulation, MTHFR A1298C and I think SUOX. There are probably more.

Terry

Posts: 6282 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yin
Member # 4707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kareamber:
My LLMD has recently prescribed me Artesunate for lyme and coinfections. The pharmacy tech said they are also using this to treat XMRV and CFS and having good responses.

Just thought I'd share [Smile]

kareamber, where do you buy your Artesunate and what dosage are you trying? Thank you.

Yin

Posts: 22 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Yes, I've heard of a practitioner using Artemisinin for XMRV as well.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

R62
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18531

Thanks, Dan.
springshowers
Member # 19863

I am waiting on my test results..

I see there has not been any responses of people who have been tested and their results?

That is odd? Are there people who has been tested yet that are on this forum or other you know of? ??

kareamber
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20110

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kareamber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm currently living in the UK and my LLMD prescribed the Artesunate. He has it made at a specialty lab I guess. I am taking 20mg tablets 4x daily. I've been taking it for about 3 days now and feel horrible. I've heard it's pretty potent stuff and also read it works as an antiviral as well.

--------------------
IgeneX IGG POS 30+ 31++++ 41++
IGM 30+ 31+++ 34IND 41IND 83-93IND
Quest NEG IGG 30 and 41 only

Posts: 538 | From Everywhere | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hoot
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19281

My son took the Zhang herbs (I think it is artesunate...correct me if I am wrong). He did not seem to have a response to that. I do not know if he has XMRV, but I am trying to get him tested.

He does seem to react to LDM-100, though. It is a natural antiviral.

hoot
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19281

My son took the Zhang herbs (I think it is artesunate...correct me if I am wrong). He did not seem to have a response to that. I do not know if he has XMRV, but I am trying to get him tested.

He does seem to react to LDM-100, though. It is a natural antiviral.

Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dan,

Are you sure that you and your son don't have Lyme or some other pathogen?? I know you have an "autoimmune" disease, which to me means an undiagnosed or incompletely treated pathogen(s). I am not a doctor, but I've been studying and practicing in natural health care for over 40 years, and have come to believe this strongly.

I know you are treating for various pathogens with your rife machines. I'm just thinking that there is likely some pathogen(s) that you either haven't had diagnosed yet or haven't finished treating that is causing this.

Autoimmune just seems like another waste-basket diagnosis to me, if you know what I mean (putting it in that category because they don't know what causes it). Two possible causes that come to mind are parasites (they can be macro or micro), or Bartonella. Of course there are lots of other possibilities, including Lyme.

Posts: 3748 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement