LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Parasite symptoms

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Parasite symptoms
jenny76
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18205

Icon 11 posted      Profile for jenny76     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With all of this talk about parasites and worms lately I figured I would ask a couple of questions.

I have had stomach issues for many years never knowing it was Lyme and Co's and finally tested for parasites through a special lab when I was diagnsoed with Lyme and Co's. I did test positive for Cryptosporidium but that was all.

I treated with special herbs that my LLMD had suggested back a year ago and have also been on a lot of different herbs that would or could kill parasites. I also do Colonics weekly.

One of my biggest symptoms (and my LLMD says this is Lyme and Co's and or yeast which I am treating) is severe nausea, loss of appetite, frequent burping and gas, and a CONSTANT feeling of sickness in my stomach. It just doesn't seem right and I am wondering if this is parasites untreated.

Also when I eat if feels like the food just sits there and I feel sick for hours after eating even small amounts. I have had all the GI tests including Endoscopy, Colonoscopy, Upper GI Series, Small Bowel Series, Motility test, CT Scan etc. I am also Gluten Free and mostly sugar free.

What am I missing?? Is this Lyme and Co's? Will it get better with treatment?? Or is this parasites that I am missing? My LLMD mentioned treating me with Alinia for parasites so I might go that route. I am really worried about parasites/worms and don't think that I can handle the Humaworm. I can't handle much as I am just too nauseated.

I hear that Colonics can help get rid of parasites. Is this true? As I said I do them weekly.

Thank you for all of your help!!

Jenny :-)

[ 11-12-2009, 04:45 PM: Message edited by: jenny76 ]

--------------------
Never, Never, Never give up!

Posts: 395 | From Connecticut | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jenny,

In order to get rid of parasites/worms, wormwood, cloves and black walnut hull are necessary.

Cloves kill the eggs and larva. It took me 6 months of strong herbs and then salt/c to have them finally let go.

You can look up the symptoms at Humaworm and get more info,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb133
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb133     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jenny,
You have the same exact symptoms as my daugher. She did test positive for H. Pylori and symptoms

subside quite a bit but are not gone. We go back

to the lLMD on Wed and I am going to ask about

yeast and parasites.

She gets so nausesous and we never know what

will trigger it. She also has quite a bit of

pain down low from time to time.

Good luck...I will let you know what our LLMD

says as well.

Deb G.

Posts: 499 | From Malta, NY | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jenny76
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18205

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jenny76     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Gael. The product that I took for 2 months contained:
Tribulus terrestris
Sweet Wormwood
Berberine Sulfate
Grapefruit Seed Extract
Barberry (bark)
Bearberry
Black Walnut Hull

Maybe I just need to take more for a longer period of time. I stopped it when my LLMD put me on high dose Artemesinin.

--------------------

Posts: 395 | From Connecticut | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jenny76
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18205

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jenny76     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Deb,

I tested negative for that when I had an endoscopy with a biopsy. Could they have missed that?? I do pulse flagyl and I think that drug is one that may help with that??

Thanks for the info!! Keep me posted :-)

--------------------

glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jenny, You have to add cloves to get rid of the eggs. Good info for parasites on

www.curezone.com

and

Hulda Clark

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jenny76
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18205

Ok thank you. Do you know what kind of clove? Also I have tried to get on the Humaworm site and cannot. UGH!

--------------------

jenny76
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18205

Anyone??

--------------------

wendihk
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20554

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wendihk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the same symptoms as you and believe it is related to the vagus nerve.

If you have neuro Lyme it can attack the vagus nerve which controls stomach function.

I have also had all the tests and treated for an equivocal result on strongoloydes.

I do think it is just the Lyme and co's and will resolve as you get better.

Posts: 114 | From New York | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb133
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb133     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes..Flagyl is used to treat H. Pylori. We only had the blood test and it was real positive.

So she is doing Flagyl, Amoxy and Nexium....she is better.

However, she is not always 100 percent close but not quite so as I said before we will address parasites and yeast next week.

I will let you know what he said...

Deb G

Posts: 499 | From Malta, NY | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read that strongoloydes can have synergistic effects with retroviruses. Many people with HIV have big problems with strongoloydes. It can get very severe & people have died from them. From what I have read, you need to take anti-parasite drugs regularly for strongoloydes if you have a retrovirus.

Just something to be aware of...

With this news about XMRV - I'm a bit concerned about this, myself... I'm not sure if there's an incidence of XMRV with Lyme but the symptoms do overlap.

It's something to think about.

As far as treating parasites... you have to stop for a bit & possibly change the treatment protocol. Otherwise, they can build up a resistance to treatment. This is what I read...

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IckyTicky
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 21466

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IckyTicky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just buy some 00 capsules and whole cloves and grind the cloves yourself and put them in the capsules.
Cheaper and easier I think.

Buying already ground cloves wont do and you don't know how fresh store bought clove capsules will be.

--------------------
IGM: 18+, 23+, 30+, 31+++, 34+, 39IND, 41++, 58+++, 66+, 83-93IND
IGG: 31+, 39IND, 41+
Also positive for Mycoplasma Pneumoniae and RMSF.
Whole family of 5 dx with Lyme.

Posts: 1014 | From Texas | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jenny did LLMD tell you that also GI issues can be bartonella related? Its a hallmark symptom.

But yes I'm wondering about parasites too. I have no GI symptoms and no positive stool test for anything but I wonder if there is truth to the theory that parasites block treatment of Lyme and cos?

Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jenny76
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18205

What are strongoloydes? Can these be treated?? I looked them up and they scare me! They don't look treatable. How can I get my LLMD to test for them?

--------------------

terri3boys
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12993

Icon 1 posted      Profile for terri3boys     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jenny,

What helped me with my H. Pylori is the probiotic VSL#3. It helped me with LOTS of things, as a matter of fact.

I also took a 10 day course of Xifaxin to help "re-balance" the flora in my gut. Xifaxin is an abx that works strictly on the gut. It doesn't go through the bloodstream (which I still don't understand how that works ----- but it did!!!)

My stomach problems improved dramatically with doing that "tag team" approach. I took the Xifaxin for 10 days (I think 2x/day?) and then I started taking the VSL#3 2x/day.

I LOVE the VSL#3! It's by far the best probiotic for me and I make sure I never run out. My gut gets screwed up without it!

That's saying a lot, since I've had severe motility problems since 1996. I mean ---- go in the hospital under the care of a specialized, genius, GI doctor that OTHER GI doctors finally referred me to ------ after about 20 of them couldn't figure me out!!!!

If you want to PM me, I'll give you his contact info. I still see him every 8 weeks to 6 months, depending on how everything else in my body is behaving. He's amazing...........I always say he saved my life.

Just let me know if you want his contact info. I know you're in Connecticut, and I'm way down here in Texas, so it would require traveling. He does see people from all over the US and other countries ----- he's THAT great!

Maybe you could try asking your doc about the Xifaxin and get some VSL#3 first, and then check into my GI doctor..........that might work wonders. Who knows? There are so many issues that differ in all of us that make our tx very hard.

Good luck to you and PM me if you want, okay?

Take care,
terri3boys

Posts: 268 | From Texas | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Treatment for Strongyloides-

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/788652-treatment

I don't know if this is what is wrong with you, Jenny76, but I thought I'd post about it for general reference.

Hope you can get well!

It's kind of difficult about parasites. Most people don't believe we have them in the US or Western countries.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement