LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » anyone feels the cold weather?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: anyone feels the cold weather?
wtl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19883

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wtl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
not sure if it is related to the death of her cat recently, or the cold weather we are experiencing, my wife has taken a dive on her symptoms in the past few days. she claims to have extreme pain and stiffness on her hip and knees. do any of you experience this?

(of course this question is directed to the ones live north atmosphere at this time of the year but i welcome any response from anyone).

Posts: 822 | From midwest | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
O2Btickfree2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for O2Btickfree2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Absolutly weather effects our lyme and the fact she lost her furry friend can cause stress which can cause symptoms to be worse to.

My dog has been ill and thought i would have to put her to sleep this week. It stressed me out to the point for a couple of days i could hardly move my symptoms were worse. I literally when i get stressed feel this washing all over feeling of feeling worse.

Cold effects arther anyway add to it lyme and its double trouble.

Hope she feels better and sorry to her about her cat. We get attached to our pets.

Posts: 112 | From Ohio | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kday
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kday     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cold weather is awful for me.

I am one who lived in a snowy mountain community and snowboarded every day. Before all this cold was not an issue.

Now it seems that I don't tolerate temperatures much below 70 degrees. [Frown]

Posts: 967 | From A deserted island without internet access | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry she lost her cat. That has to be sad and stressful.

And yes, stress is awful for Lyme. It can make you feel much worse.

And cold? One of my worst enemies. I DREAD the cold... as it always makes me MUCH worse.

Hope she feels better soon.

You too!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jasmin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19959

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jasmin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The cold triggers myoclonus muscle jerking for me. We have a new pastor at my church, and he keeps the building FREEZING, so today sucked.

All of my symptoms seem to be worse with season changes. My doctor thinks that allergies are somehow related.

--------------------
Never doubt in darkness what the daylight proves to you.

Posts: 418 | From Utah | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amelia
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17677

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amelia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry about the loss of your cat. Yes, as soon as the cold weather hits my symptoms intensify. And, I have heard that if you are doing well with treatment, no symptoms that some docs make you continue through the winter just to be sure as it is such a stress on the body. My thoughts are with you and your wife-
Posts: 243 | From Charleston, SC | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cadames62008
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cadames62008   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes def the cold weather and rain is the killer in pain for me....It makes the pain unbearable

--------------------
Christina

Posts: 102 | From Lacey Washington | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wtl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19883

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wtl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the confirmation. This gives me valuable perspective.
Posts: 822 | From midwest | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement