LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Not getting better :(

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Not getting better :(
sonee123
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonee123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel worst and worst by the day since cold started.

I have been on Amoxy 1000mg and biaxin 500mg a day since last march 09.

I stopped abx in sept for 3 weeks per my doctor and since cold started i got so worst i went back on them again.

This week will be my 2nd week on Rifampin 150mg first week and 300mg this week and biaxin 500mg.

I feel so sick today! Like all of my symptoms returned. I am not sure if its the med or what but i do know cold is another disease for me. as soon as i step out i feel bugs crawling all over my brain and everything is worst.

I feel so sick and down. i dont know why i am going downhill.

--------------------
May God Bless you, answer your prayers, relieve you of your pain and make you stronger than what you are today. Ameen.

Posts: 341 | From Columbia, MD | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaS
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 10581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry you are so sick Sonee! I don't have great advice or anything, just wanted to send you a huig and some healing thoughts! [group hug]

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1660435643

Posts: 1078 | From Lake Geneva WI | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My worst herxs also included Headcold symptoms.

[ 11-24-2009, 01:37 PM: Message edited by: treepatrol ]

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ping
Member # 6974

Icon 9 posted      Profile for ping     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi sonee:

Can't tell the exact nature of the word "cold" as you're using it. If you're refering to cold weather, then, you're not alone. Many people with TBD find extremes of cold / hot intolerable. Usually associated with cold fronts and other barometric pressure changes as the seasons progress. I know of one fellow who reacted so violently to a cold front that he clenched his teeth and broke a tooth.

For me, it's the horrendous, humid, steam bath of a summertime here in Texas, esp. along the Gulf Coast. (That's why I work Alaska during the summers now!)

All you can do is keep your body covered and stay as warm as you can. Hang in there, I know you ache.

--------------------
ping
"We are more than containers for Lyme"

Posts: 1302 | From Back in TX again | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TxLymie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TxLymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry you are feeling so bad sonee. I am in the same boat. 5 months of treatment and only seem to be getting worse. I ache all over today too.

Wish I had some advice for you but I'm still trying to figure it out myself.

Ping, I live near the Gulf Coast too so I hear ya on the humidity. I have often wondered if I moved if I would feel better.

--------------------
TxLymie
IgG-Negative
IgM - Postive bands 23 and 41

Other dx: 2000: Endometriosis 2009: Chronic EBV, Mycoplasma infection, HHV6, H.pylori

Posts: 297 | From Houston | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ping
Member # 6974

Icon 2 posted      Profile for ping     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TxLymie - Howdy friend! I see you're in Houston. I'm east of you in a refinery area and closer to the coast where the HOT breeze blows. (Not even a cool breeze off the Gulf, geez.)

--------------------
ping
"We are more than containers for Lyme"

Posts: 1302 | From Back in TX again | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildCondor
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's quite easy to figure out why you are not getting better. Your doses are inadequate and completely ridiculous for treating Lyme. You clearly need a LLMD, and if you think you have one, you probably don't.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amanda
Member # 14107

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amanda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you seeing an LLMD? If you are not, then there is a good chance you are not going to get the medicine you need, and you won't get better.

If you have lyme and a co-infection (and it sounds like you have bartonella??), then it can take several years to recover. It could be that you are having die off of the orgamisms, which makes you feel worse. If that is the case, it means treatment is working, but it does take time before you feel better

I agree with WildCondor though, your medicines doses seem sort of low. Some doctors treat slowly so that you do not herx to death, but if you are not getting better, then it could be that you need to increase your medicine doses.

I would call teh LLMD and tell them how you are feeling.

--------------------
"few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" - Mark Twain

Posts: 1008 | From US | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonee123
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonee123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really? I thought that is the maximum amount my body can tolerate of abx.

What is the adequate dosage for my meds?

Is it bad if i miss my med one day and take it the next cause sometimes i do that.

--------------------
May God Bless you, answer your prayers, relieve you of your pain and make you stronger than what you are today. Ameen.

Posts: 341 | From Columbia, MD | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amanda
Member # 14107

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amanda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adequate dosage is best determined by your LLMD, and depends on your symptoms, weight, whether you have co infections, which co-infections you have, and any other underlying health issues.

This is why it is important that you see someone knowlegable about tick diseases (a lyme literate MD, or LLMD for short).

You can go to teh ILADS website (ILADS.org), and download a copy of Dr. B's treatment guidelines. There you will find recommend dosages. But again, everyone is different, and you really need a lyme literate MD to decide what is best for you.

--------------------
"few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" - Mark Twain

Posts: 1008 | From US | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tick battler
Member # 21113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tick battler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another reason why people don't get better is because they don't treat the coinfections.

Do you have night sweats? What are your top 20 symtpoms?

My husband is finally with a good LLMD - it is his 5th. The others were not aggressive enough, in my opinion, and didn't diagnose or adequately treat coinfections. He's finally on a regimin as aggressive as my 3 year old's.

tickbattler

Posts: 1763 | From Malvern, PA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildCondor
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Read the treatment guidelines (link below) yes your doses are tiny.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement