LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Need help ASAP - Stomach pain & burning is

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need help ASAP - Stomach pain & burning is
RZR
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 20953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RZR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
almost unbearable at this point.

Can I get anything OTC that will help?

--------------------
Tick bite May 2009
Diagnosed June 2009

Posts: 2329 | From SouthEast | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jenny76
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18205

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jenny76     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ginger Root caps and Ginger tea help me sometimes. Does it feel like heartburn?

--------------------
Never, Never, Never give up!

Posts: 395 | From Connecticut | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RZR
Member # 20953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RZR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think it's heartburn, but never that before.

I got a few Nexium pills from a family member. I will try that for now. I just don't know how to space it out from my abx.

--------------------
Tick bite May 2009
Diagnosed June 2009

Posts: 2329 | From SouthEast | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymetwister
Member # 19590

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymetwister     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jennie, I just got through getting the same thing checked out. My stomach was burning real bad and I thought I had an ulcer.

I got worse when I ate and then I started getting nauseated too.

The entire thing lasted 4 days and now it's gone. I tried maalox and zantac, but I don't think they did a thing.

My stool was tested and negative for blood.

I'm a rifer and don't take abx, so it's not from anything I can directly point at other than it's probably just another symptom.

TC,

Gary

Posts: 1227 | From District of Columbia | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could be anything. Unbearable for me says ER.

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pinelady:
Could be anything. Unbearable for me says ER. [/QB]

I agree!

Please consider stopping the abx until you speak to your dr. You were concerned earlier that it was the abx causing the pain.

I don't think you'll get immediate relief from Nexium. I would try liquid Maalox or whatever is available to you in that line.

Yes to the ginger ... and the ER.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 95647 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wb4471
Member # 16305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wb4471     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i get similar stomach problems that come in cycles.

i take nexium daily and when the problems return i add tums. be careful with the liquid otc remedies, they can cause diareah.

my stomach problems appeared after the lyme and disappered after first round of treatment years ago. problems recently returned with a slough of others so i suspect the lyme. been through a million tests and nothing wrong with stomach/gall bladder etc.

Posts: 22 | From South East | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jennie, your mailbox is full. You had PMed me about this problem, and I am trying to answer you.

Hope you are OK and not in the hospital or anything.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Siciliano
Member # 15920

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Siciliano     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jennie--your mailbox is full.

--------------------
I'm sorry but I am no longer accepting any private messages due to my own battle with lyme.

Posts: 3897 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tick battler
Member # 21113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tick battler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lymetwister -

That is interesting you are not on abx and got similar stomach pain. I was wondering if stomach pain can actually be a herx rather than a side effect of the meds and this pretty much confirms it.

Although I'm not saying that jennie's isn't from the abx. Hope it gets better soon. Maybe stopping the meds for a day or two might be a good idea. Have you checked with your LLMD?

tickbattler

Posts: 1763 | From Malvern, PA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LizaLu
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21483

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LizaLu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had stabbing pains a few years ago where i needed to go to Urgent Care. They did an X-ray and said i was full of "s**t" although i didnt feel bloated.

I developed gastro-reflux and now gastritis...very common to Lyme.

I now have to back down off Zith because of intense abdominal pain--it's always hard to tell if it's from die-off or from the abx.

But you know--there are many other abx your LLMD can pull from. Some you JUST DONT TOLERATE and flare up old symptoms. IMO = )

Posts: 123 | From Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aubsdaddy
Member # 21128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aubsdaddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey i have the same problem and I have had undertreated lyme for over 18 years now. Around the year 2002 I discoverd that I was having terrible pain in the midde of my chest and it was very unbearable and I would burp up stomach acid to the point where I would loose my voice.

It got so bad one night i thought i was having a heart attack and went to the E.R. They advised me to see a Gastroenterologist (go see one).

They knocked me out for a 20 minute procedure called an Endoscopy at a local hospital and stuck a small camera down my throat. Didn't feel anything even after I woke up. I was diagnosed with Acid Reflux Disease a.k.a. GERD.

They put me on medication called Protonix and told me that I had to take 1/day for the rest of my life. When i lost my medical insurance my doctor told me to get Prilosec OTC and istead of taking 1 to take 2 pills once a day and it worked just the same.

I have tried all the Acid Reflux/Heartburn there is out there on the market and the only thing that works for me is Prilosec OTC. Listen to me i sound like a damn commercial lol. No for real though try Prilosec OTC until you can see a Gastronoligist.

Its like 20 bucks for a weeks supply but if you can't afford it either ask you doctor for a script of Protonix and if you are on Medicaid or Medicare you can actually get a script filled for Prilosec OTC.

Also there is a generic form of Prilosec called Omeprazole OTC. That is currently what I use now and is about half the price of Prilosec. Its the same exact thing. Good luck to you Jennie.

Also here is Prilosec's website. If you sign up they will send you coupons and even send you out some camples if you want them. Not sure if they still give out the free ones but can try
http://www.prilosecotc.com/en_US/consumer/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=prilosec%2Botc&utm_campaign=potc&247SEM

If you look, Acid Relux Disease or GERD is one of the many symptoms of Lyme Disease and many Coinfections

Posts: 52 | From Levittown, PA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder how Jennie is doing???

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 95647 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement