LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Pain behind eyes - I need your opinion about this SYMPTOM

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pain behind eyes - I need your opinion about this SYMPTOM
tosho
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10191

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tosho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the coinfections is causing pain behind my eyes and small pupils. It feels like muscles behind my eyes are stiff. My LLMD says it is rather due to Bartonella, but I am confused.

It took me many weeks of careful observations - here is how this symptom responded to various treatments:

Bactrim - initially excellent improvement. Immediately herx with headache and pain behind the eyes was totally gone and pupils' size went to normal. As I stayed on Bactrim, it seems it lost its efficacy as these two symptoms came back and never cleared completely as initially.

Tinidazole - exactly 100% same story as with Bactrim. First herx with headache and symptoms were totally gone. Few days into taking tinidazole symptoms started coming back.

Doxy and macrolide - no headache herx. Only suppress these symptoms.

Rifampin - seems to have no effect at all on these symptoms.

Bicillin - no effect.

Mepron and artemisinin - no effect on 'eye-symptoms'.

Any ideas what this could be? I really don't know what to do [Frown]
My biggest fear is that it (whatever it is) is now resistant to everything.

--------------------
[Bb WB igm+] [B.henselae PCR+] [Chlamydia pneum.igm+igg+] [EBV igm-igg+]

Posts: 844 | From Poland | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutherngrl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its not resistant. I had this same symptom for at least a year or more.

Personally for me I think it is Lyme or possibly Bart. Pain in the eyes can also be a migraine caused by Lyme.

My eyes have finally gotten much better. They bother me a little but greatly improved in the last couple of months.

Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daniel
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22201

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think its caused by barts
Posts: 371 | From velocity of light | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tosho
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10191

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tosho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks. So what has helped you with this?

I had only migraines as a sign of a herx on Bactrim and later on Tinidazole. Other than that- I have zero migraines.

I will also start quinine within few days and I am curious whether it is giong to have any effect on pain behind the eyes.

--------------------

Posts: 844 | From Poland | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
swedish lyme sufferer
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14579

Icon 1 posted      Profile for swedish lyme sufferer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pain behind eyes - for me ; Lyme
Posts: 347 | From sweden | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tosho
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10191

By the way, I searched for any info on my other Lyme forum and I have found 2 people with exactly the same eye-symptoms and both of them were positive for Babesia and Bartonella. So it may be Babesia.
Also - Groovy2 on Lymenet wrote that he had pain behind his eyes and it cleared with Babesia treatment.

--------------------

sutherngrl
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine is either Lyme or Bart. I don't really have Babs symptoms.

For me it has improved with 5 months of Doxy.

Maybe it wasn't a herx. Meds can have side effects that have nothing to do with herxing.

Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tosho
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10191

No, it was a headache herx without any doubt.
For example - when I pulsed tinidazole next time - there was no headache at all and no resolution of symptoms.

--------------------

trigal2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trigal2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IMO, Could be so many things lyme related and not lyme related.

I get that as a symptoms of Chiari Malformation , sinus issues and migraines - the last two may or may not be related to lyme/co. but the pain behind the eyes does seem to get worse when my lyme is kicking up or herxing. TG

Posts: 376 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me, Lyme, since that's the only one I have. I had the sore eye muscle feeling too.

I drink mangosteen juice to stop all Lyme eye symptoms. It's an anti-inflammatory anti-oxidant juice. The juice stopped all my eye symptoms within 24 hours of starting it! And I still drink some everyday.

There are lots of brands in healthfood stores and online. I drink the Ultra one with 70 minerals added.

If you try it, go slowly and drink water with it too.

Posts: 13012 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daniel
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22201

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i had headaches now for 14 month.. the headaches cleared up a little bit with factive than came back.. now im on levaquin and bactrim ds.. had terrible headaches 4 weeks now i have less headaches.. maybe a little bit sometimes.. it works for me.. i have lyme and barts for sure..

greetz

Posts: 371 | From velocity of light | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pain behind eyes and in eyes etc.. for me.

The Fry Bug.

I got rid of it when I took Daraprim .. which is usually given with as Sufla med but I am allergic so I had to stick with Zithromax.

But my herxing gave me more headaches and more pain behind and in the eyes and then they turned all blood shot and then it all cleared up.

There is a lot going on in our brains and heads.. that need clearing..

That is what did it for me and when I take the antiprotozoan meds or the ones used to target that co infection I get certain symptoms to improve.

I do not have that symptom anymore whatsoever.

Good Luck..

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tosho
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10191

Springshowers - I feel that we are talking about the same thing.
I have also tested positive for these small dots adherent to erythrocytes in Fry lab.

And you say Daraprim. Hmmmm. It's a sulfa - and so is Bactrim that worked greatly for me.

Also - Bactrim and tinidazole work against protozoal infections so that may be another hint.

Could you PM me more details about your treatment please?

Robin - I've tried Xango mangosteen with no help.

EDIT: Sorry, Daraprim is not a sulfa.

--------------------

springshowers
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No its not a sufla but it is usually used with a sulfa.. such as in the toxoplasmosis treatment ..

I had been on that for a few months back last year...

I felt that as it treated the protozoan it showed up in the eyes.. weird.

PS The fry smear that shows bacteria attached to blood cells is a bacteria. It is his new smear that shows the biofilm and protozoan infections.

There is now a new test for it and he says he likes to do a two teir test to look for both. But says the more bacteria you show the more likely you will have a positive test on the protozoan smear.

Thio is all about his reserach and is not proven as of yet.. So this information that comes out is all changing due to the fact it is research.

But at this point.. that is where he is at.. So if you order a test I would recommend getting both smear tests... one will show the bacteria and one will show the biofilm and protozoan as well as sometiems you can even see the bacteria in the biofilm too. ..

Anyway.. we have been trying to target that protozoan and it is the Anit protozoan meds or things that treat other things that are like Malaria or Toxoplasmosis or Babesia..

Right now I am on IVs.. Flagyl and Zithromax..

and the Flagyl is there to help treat that protozoan and if it kills lyme cysts all the better..

I used to rotate oral combos but now that I am on IV I had to stop that regemin. I cycled every two weeks 3 different combos.

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tosho
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10191

Thanks Springshowers. I responded to PM.

--------------------

tosho
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10191

Update. It seems that quinine does not effect this eye symptom.

But I figured out another thing: knocking on wood, tinidazole cleared my mild sweats under armpits that I've been having daily for the last few months. Quinine and mepron didn't help with sweating so it may be not Babesia. Maybe protozoan from Fry (?).

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement