LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Burning Butt!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Burning Butt!
kareamber
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20110

Icon 5 posted      Profile for kareamber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is driving me crazy! My butt keeps burning! It is also now radiating up in my lower back and right outer thigh. Its like my skin feels sunburned and weird or like I've been sitting in a snowpile then came inside to warmth. That kind of burning.

It's a bit worriesome. I've had this on and off for several months. What causes this? Also my feet have been burning lately too.

NO fun!

--------------------
IgeneX IGG POS 30+ 31++++ 41++
IGM 30+ 31+++ 34IND 41IND 83-93IND
Quest NEG IGG 30 and 41 only

Posts: 538 | From Everywhere | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
carly
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nothing to add, just bumping it up.
Posts: 797 | From New York | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
check out babesia
Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeast maybe? or hemorroids? but they itch....

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kareamber
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20110

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kareamber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's getting worse! My whole butt is burning/numb feeling! I can't really explain it.. and it's still radiating into my lower back/hips and thighs. Also my left foot feels weird... cold/burn/numbish. This is so irriating!

It's def. not yeast or hemmoroids as it's my bottom not my crack! [Smile] Sorry to be so gross, but just telling it how it is!

It's weird cause I started taking Neurontin two days ago for the burning in my feet. Today is the worst burning I've had. Is it possible that the Neurontin is making it worse instead of better???

I haven't yet been tested for Babesia eiter. Can that cause the burning feeling everytwhere?

--------------------
IgeneX IGG POS 30+ 31++++ 41++
IGM 30+ 31+++ 34IND 41IND 83-93IND
Quest NEG IGG 30 and 41 only

Posts: 538 | From Everywhere | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
carly
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it definitely sounds neurological.

And knowing that you just started the neurotonin sheds some light on it.

Did you put in a call to your dr? Maybe it's not the right drug for you? Maybe the dosage needs to be adjusted?

Posts: 797 | From New York | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bigstan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigstan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had the burning also, not on the bum but around lower back.

My doc determined it was the Neurontin, I stopped taking it and the burn sensation went away rather quickly.

--------------------
HERX is a Four Letter Word!

Posts: 716 | From If you're going through hell, keep going......Winston Churchill | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xoxoxox
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xoxoxox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kareamber-
I have this same thing - around the bum and the backside of my thighs. I've read that the sunburn type feeling is called neuropathy?

Unsure what causes it - Bart? Yeast? I've been on abx for over a year now and I sometimes wonder if my body is raging with yeast. Babesia is not one of the illnesses I have to deal with.

I'd definitely be interested to hear what others think might cause it.

--------------------
----------
Danni

Posts: 311 | From Glen Mills, PA | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeNetPerson
Member # 23588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeNetPerson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took neurotin and got worse and could not function at all with it. I also lost some of my sense of smell from it. My mother in law lost some of her taste from it.

Be careful if you decided to quit it. It has to be done slowly and not all at once.

I am curious and posted elswhere wondering if there is a link between bad reactions with antiseizure medicines for Lyme people.

--------------------
Bitten about 20 years ago and untreated until Aug 09

Posts: 43 | From Midwest | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quoting: I haven't yet been tested for Babesia eiter. Can that cause the burning feeling everytwhere?

Yes, that is one thing I am very sure of: Babesia and burning (like burning nettles) go together.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll be Gigi. I'd never read/heard the burning sensations were babs. That was one co-infection that I really thought (?) I didn't have.

Kareamber, I have burning on and off all over my body, but my scalp burning is worse. Your butt burns and my scalp, all just so confusing???

I've never had the respitory, breathing, night sweats all assoc with babs????

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6444 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
galehane
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for galehane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bartonella
Gale

Posts: 268 | From europe | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twingirl
Member # 13172

Icon 1 posted      Profile for twingirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree bart

--------------------
dar

Posts: 95 | From michigan | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Burning soles of feet is Bart. I'm not sure about the can, but I absolutely recall having had that one. That's a great description of how it felt.

If I remember correctly, I don't think it lasted more than a few days to a week. I was very distracting though & I couldn't help but have a fear that it would keep doing that.

I don't think I've had it happen since I've been on Rifampin, so a burning butt could be a Bart thing too I guess.

I wish I could remember if it happened after I went after the Babesia duncani. [confused]

I've tested positive for Lyme w/SPECT showing neuro involvement, Babs microti, Babs duncani, Anaplasmosis, Myco.pneumonia, EBV, HSV-1 & Fry's "rare coccobaccili attached to erythrocytes", so who could really tell by me? [Roll Eyes]

Sorry if I'm not much help & REALLY sorry that your dealing with that. It's very annoying! [Frown]

I hope it passes soon!
[group hug]
Ali

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pamyla
Member # 8575

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pamyla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just talking about this symptom last week with my doctor. I've never had the burning before, and all of a sudden it felt like I had a sunburn on my lower stomach, thighs and backside. It was actually difficult to wear jeans for a few days [Frown] My doc did say it was neurological, and she recommended taking B6 to help get rid of it. I haven't started the B6 yet, and the burning does seem to be slowly diminishing on its own, but I'm hoping the B6 will keep that symptom from returning.
Posts: 60 | From Northern Va | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement