LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » What is wrong with my hands? (pic)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What is wrong with my hands? (pic)
Toppers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toppers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
when I exert myself I get this red and white spotting on the hands and extremities under the skin, looks freaky and doesn't feel so great.

-

Posts: 499 | From Cleveland Ohio | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coltman
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coltman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get same thing . I believe its because of damaged vascular system. VEGF1 is hormone causing blood capillaries to grow, lyme patients are often deficient ( I am ) -there are several other thing , but basically we have poor blood supply ,especially to extremities (cold extremities another sign) due to degeneration of our vascular system
Posts: 856 | From MA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wb4471
Member # 16305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wb4471     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get it also but includes arms and legs, never really thought anything of it but it does not hurt, just looks odd.
Posts: 22 | From South East | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
angrob75
Member # 16942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for angrob75     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have had the same thing and mine felt like i had fiberglass in my hands or something.
Not sure what it is though.
Unless it is another lyme symptoms.

Posts: 55 | From ohio | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh yeah, i get this big time. even my legs turn colors. and my feet get blue even...

should just hang some lights on me at christmas and call me a tree.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
radfaraf
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11909

Icon 1 posted      Profile for radfaraf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have that same picture too did you steal mine?
Posts: 526 | From NJ | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
july
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10469

Icon 1 posted      Profile for july     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No way Rad - I think they're my hands.

Does anyone remember that show called "alien nation?" I think it was on sometime in the late 80"s. Their heads had like purple/yellow blothes.

That's what my legs look like. I've had it for 20+ years. One doctor had explained to me that it was ciculatory - my blood was getting down to my feet but not a good return back up the leg.

Since I got lyme 3 1/2 years ago, it is now in my arms and hands.

Posts: 111 | From northeast Iowa | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djf2005
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for djf2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Using something to help hyper-coagulation should resolve the hand issue as well as relieve some symptoms.

Seppapeptase
Lumbrokinase
Nattokinase
Heparin

Etc, etc

My hands rarely do this anymore as I have been on these enzymes now for some time.

Wobenzyme can also be helpful in dealing w/ a hyper-coagulated state.

These substances also are rumored to help dissolve bio-films.

Best

Derek

--------------------
"Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you."

[email protected]

Posts: 2269 | From Lansdowne, Pa | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Circulation is impaired. Try wearing some warm gloves to warm the tissue. Constricted capillaries and low blood pressure can often create this in Lyme Patients.

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

E-mail: [email protected]

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My hands are this way for many years. In the summer they are beet red.

--------------------
God's promises mean you always have something wonderful to look forward to.

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blinkie
Member # 14470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blinkie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
same for me
Posts: 1104 | From N.California | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nexus
Member # 23318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nexus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My hands look like that right now!! I've wondered throughout the years, what was up with this...

--------------------
"Hermits United- we meet of every 10 years- it's good fun." -Doctor Who

Posts: 8 | From Milwaukee, WI | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gahagan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gahagan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
During my first visit to my LLMD, the doctor looked at my hands (which look exactly like yours) and asked how long my hands looked that way. I said, "as long as I can remember." He seemed pretty interested in them...but I don't know why (and I've been wondering ever since).
Posts: 212 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IckyTicky
Member # 21466

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IckyTicky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't know what it is but mine do that too. I notice it more when I'm hot. My legs do the same too with the yellow/purple splotching.

--------------------
IGM: 18+, 23+, 30+, 31+++, 34+, 39IND, 41++, 58+++, 66+, 83-93IND
IGG: 31+, 39IND, 41+
Also positive for Mycoplasma Pneumoniae and RMSF.
Whole family of 5 dx with Lyme.

Posts: 1014 | From Texas | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
reminds me of the comment by my primary when i showed him my feet and legs

"oh i see that alot in overweight white women"....

grrrrr

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mjbucuk
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 843

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mjbucuk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
do your blotches have a very tiny red dot in the center of each pale spot? My son does... and I learned his was due to bartonella
Posts: 758 | From now TX | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
duke77
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for duke77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had hands just like that for years. The LLMD didn't know what to make of it and didn't really try. It happens to me from exercise or temperature changes.
Posts: 649 | From United States | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yankeesfan
Member # 23090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yankeesfan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ive had it from even before I was sick..

Im not sure what it is either but temp and exercise affect it.

Posts: 9 | From usa | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kday
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kday     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the same thing. Not sure when I got it, but I noticed it. It looks worse when hands are below the waist. I've wondered if it was normal, but never really thought much of it.
Posts: 967 | From A deserted island without internet access | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tiffagoo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23750

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tiffagoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have this strange blotching as well. But its not so bad on my hands. But it is REALLY bad on my forearms and thighs. I asked a dermatologist about it and he said it was nothing to worry about. It doesn't hurt, but it is very distracting to the eye.
Posts: 151 | From california | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
july
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10469

Icon 1 posted      Profile for july     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mj - mine have the small dot in the middle. Where did you learn it was from bart?

As far as I remember, I've had this on my legs for twenty + years. I didn't get sick with lyme til 3 1/2 years ago. Thats when I noticed it was also on my hands and arms.

It's just damn ugly - you'd think I had a disease or something.

Posts: 111 | From northeast Iowa | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
july
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10469

Imagine that - I do have a disease - lyme
mjbucuk
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 843

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mjbucuk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read about this in Dr S 's book on bartonella. He refers to this as chicken coop pattern or something like that. The small red dot is an extra capillary vessel----- and as as coltman stated above 'VEGF1 is hormone causing blood capillaries to grow'
Posts: 758 | From now TX | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tiffagoo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23750

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tiffagoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FYI- I have these strange spots as well, and I don't have bartonella. I do have a co-infection of babesia.
Posts: 151 | From california | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tiffagoo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23750

I also wanted to add that my spots have the little red dot in them as well
mjbucuk
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 843

Yes you can have small red spots and they will be babesia.... but there is a difference. Bartonella ones are in the center of a pale area... and are due to new capillary formation. I hope I get this straight: I think that Bartonella dots blanche when pressed on. Babesia ones are supposed to be petechaie... and like small bruises or blood blisters they do NOT blanche.
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here are some pics, donated by Lyme patients, that may help?

http://picasaweb.google.com/home?tab=Fq

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smiles132002
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7949

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smiles132002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have that too! But mine are just on the tops of my fingers. My fingers look dead! I went to the ER and they told me it was quit bizarre but not renoyards and not emergent so to come back if it progressed.

My fingers are always normal temperature, there is no pain, they just have that weird color to them. My LLMD has also seen it a few times and thinks it's quite interesting. She often brings it up and has asked several doctors.

She said that it could be Bart but if you all figure it out let me know!

Posts: 484 | From Burlingame, Ca | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement