LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Rocephin/Zithro combo

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rocephin/Zithro combo
lyme in Putnam
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was off all antibiotics for a few months. I've been on and off treatment since 2005, three

times on iv. I was feeling great since this last month. I guess when you are doing well,

you think the bad is over - I should know better with this. Last month, my salt went down (has

before), swollen nodes, my wbc went down and my llmd said I was relapsing. My doc put me back

on oral ceftin and zithro. Yesterday the day from hell, mind symptoms, clear rational thinking

(which I feel I have most of the time) out the window, time being distorted, anxiety was so

much worse, doc put me on 3 gr. rocephin and wants me to start IV zithro. 5 days rocephin, 2

days zithromax. Heart racing (had v-tac years ago and am on toprol beta blocker every day)Its

around my hormonal cycle.Thinking is so fragmented, its odd, but only physical complaint

is the shoulder blade pain and creaked neck. Used to have sharp joint pain, not much physical

stuff this time. I have had lyme at least since 1988 - As of 2003, every time bartonella levels

back, numbers are at least quadrupled. Can't concentrate on one thing - suggestions till this

hopefully subsides. Anyone doing rocephin/zithro combo? Herxes? Improvement? Doing probiotics

(Ultimate Flora, 50,000 billion capsule) - trying to cut most sugar - any previous

experiences doing rocephin/zithro and keeping it together till some improvement can be seen

hopefully? Done this combo before and it helped, but your body changes all the time - I

actually felt human for a little over a year. I know I should be grateful for the time I had -

just want it back. I know every body does and should get the chance to feel themselves.

Better days ahead (?) Feel good to all.

--------------------
He took u to it, He'll you through

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hopeful2010
Member # 22958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hopeful2010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am on IV Rocephin and oral zithro and Plaquinil. I feel ok when I'm on the IV but once I go off my brain doesn't function. I am flying to see an LLMD on Tuesday.

I know that some people say that symptoms return because you haven't killed the cyst form, others say it returns because of co-infections.

I'm hoping that my new LLMD has a magic wand that he can wave and make it all go away.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Posts: 86 | From California | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement