LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Please tell me about SALT/C?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Please tell me about SALT/C?
richedie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14689

Icon 1 posted      Profile for richedie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey all,

I decided to try some alternatives while I am on ABX, Mepron, etc. First, is it OK to do these things while on abx?

I am going to make a list of things I want to try:

Salt/C
Rife
Hulda Flush
Specific Herbal protocals
Humaworm
Special diets,
etc.

On the Salt and C. I have REAL Sea Salt brand and what brand is best for C powder? Can someone give me a link to a good protocol? How will I know if it is working???

Here are some comments I read which scare me:
"Terrible. I am worse than ever with high blood pressure, stomach problems and kidneys may be harmed. This made my stomach so bad, I can't eat much and take regular medicines. I am disgusted with the people pushing this stupid dangerous treatment."

"Awful experience. I tried this because it was said to be a top 10 cure by people on the internet. I found out that these people were like a cult, and dumped you the moment you disagreed and didn't respond like they wanted you to. I am ashamed to have tried such a dangerous scam that is really based on a hoax. I am writing here because I can't be censored.

The high salt made my stomach sick. When I told these people that, they said it was a herx and to keep on going. Well, I kept it up until my stomach was so damaged that I couldn't eat much and got sicker from that. They said keep on going!! Then my blood pressure shot up, and finally I told my doctor. He was angry at these people. Now I am better, but it took quite a few months. Then I started to read about what high salt can do to you. I am sorry I did not do this before."

THANKS!
-Rich

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Doxy/Biaxin/Flagyl pulse.
Artemisinin with Doxy/Biaxin.
Period of Levaquin and Ceftin.
Then Levaquin, Bactrim and Biaxin.
Bactrim/Augmentin/Rifampin.
Mepron/Biaxin/Artemisinin/Cat's Claw
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

Posts: 1949 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did salt/C at least once a day and in beginning, when I was really bad twice a day. Depending on how I felt. I did it before bed and

Colloidal Silver 6-8oz.s in AM hoping the salt would help it be absorbed. I did a glass of OJ with at least a tablespoon of salt and sometimes

I just poured it in and always had salt at the bottom of glass. But I had chronic low sodium and low BP so I did not worry about it. I worried

more about what was making me sick and finding it before it killed me. I did it for over 3 mths. till I could get to a doctor. I tried the Cats

Claw, but it put me in bed. Now I know why. I needed baby doseage, not what the bottle said. Thats all the naturals except coconut oil and

vitamins. I don't make much out of bad experiences until I know why it was bad...

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only concern I know of with the Hulda liver cleanse is that you'd have to be off meds for two days while you did it.

I took Humaworm while on abx .... don't know if that's the right way to do it, but that's what I did.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richedie
Member # 14689

Icon 1 posted      Profile for richedie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I might ask my doctor next time about the Humaworm and Hulda Flush to see if I can do it during treatment or not.

I read also about a Dr.'s oil swish treatment? Something about holding and swishing oil in your mouth for 10 minutes every morning?

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

Posts: 1949 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ticked
Member # 24336

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ticked     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm new to this whole lyme thing in general, but I do know about the Hulda Clark regimen for gallbladder/liver flushes. I've done 14 of them over the last several months, averaging about 3 weeks apart. I also started zapping parasites at the same time as the cleanses.

I continue to pass stones with each cleanse. I plan to keep doing them a while longer. I've also passed a lot of the liver "sand", and what looks like parts of parasites from time to time.

I'd like to think the cleanses and zapping have helped to keep my possible lyme infection beat down to a certain degree, but there's still many unanswered questions!

Hope this helps, and best wishes!

Posts: 67 | From Alabama | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The liver flushes can be very harsh. I got bad problems when I did them. I got very bad back pain after which required me to do more flushes...

In a way, I'm glad I did them, though. This is how I found out that I had parasites.

I think there's a order to do them. You may want to do some reading up on them. I think you do a parasite cleanse, an intestine cleanse, then a liver flush... You can do kidney & lungs after. It's takes time. Don't be in a hurry.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steelbone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steelbone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cleanse the colon before you do a liver cleanse

Richedie- this group is dedicated to S/C

Tons of info on this group- Join it if you want to start S/C- Its a great group of people

[email protected]

--------------------
All The Best,
Paul
[email protected]

The harder you work the luckier you get!

Posts: 965 | From Nebraska Cornhuskers fan in Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Richie,

I have been doing salt/c since May 2006. It has saved my life as I have mentioned before.

Equal amounts of Vit C (I use Ester C powder with bioflavinoids) is important as well as drinking lots of water to flush the G.I. track which is usually laden with parasites.

Stomach aches are usually due to the toxins circulating and needing to come out. Sometimes doing a warm water enema helps a lot to clear the colon.

Like steelbone suggested you can join lymestrategies for more info. Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richedie
Member # 14689

It costs $29 to get their eBook but I don't want to buy it so I'll just wing it! I'll build up slowly.

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sparkle is right, Hulda Clark recommends a parasite cleanse prior to liver cleanses. It's all spelled out on her site.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richedie
Member # 14689

Does she have a good book???

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

Ticked
Member # 24336

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ticked     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hulda Clark has several good books, but they suggest if you only buy one, get "A Cure for all Diseases".

That's the one I got several months ago. I follow her regimen for the gallbladder/liver cleanse. I did #15 last night.

And yes, she suggests that you zapp parasites, and do the colon and kidney cleanses BEFORE doing the gall/liver cleanse, so that everything will get eliminated out of your body quickly.

Here's a link to the cleanse with lots of good info!
http://www.allnaturalinfo.com/liver_cleanse.htm

Posts: 67 | From Alabama | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richedie
Member # 14689

Zapp? How do you "zapp"?

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Richie,

Google Hulda Clark and you should find lots of info including the zapper info.

You can also type her name into the search bar here.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richedie
Member # 14689

Maybe I'll get her book...thanks!

I don't have any protocol to follow so i started my own with Salt and C. Been doing like a 1/4 tsp 3-4 times a day and will ramp up.

How will I know if anything is working?

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

glm1111
Member # 16556

You will know it's working when you get diarrhea. It's a symptom of dieoff. Also, you may feel some crawling sensations.

It's the bugs on the run, they can't stand the salt. Read more about it on

www.lymephotos.com

A word of caution: don't ramp up too fast, it's a strong protocol.

Make sure you drink plenty of water with it and throughout the day. Good luck with it and keep us posted,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

richedie
Member # 14689

diarrhea can also be from a Candida overgrowth and my doctor monitors me for that! So, do I tell her if I get this...because she says Salt/C is not realistic and can't work. UGH!

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

f13girl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23844

Icon 1 posted      Profile for f13girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doesn't high dose vitamin c cause loose stools by itself? HOw do you know that's a dieff or just vitamin c effect?
Posts: 200 | From New England | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steelbone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steelbone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know one person that did this cleanse along with the S/C protocol and had great results- Her thought was flush the stuff out as i kill them

http://www.drnatura.com/

--------------------
All The Best,
Paul
[email protected]

Posts: 965 | From Nebraska Cornhuskers fan in Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 17hens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
richedie in PA,

if you're looking for salt/c validation...

my lymie friend took her lymie son to a doc at hershey med for help to manage the pain he's in (wheelchair, migraines, shooting leg pain, all that). the doc told her to have him do salt/c.

apparently that doc had lyme and done antibiotics 3 times which didn't work completely for him, so he did the salt/c which did work. of course he recommended it off the record.

let us know how you're doing.

--------------------
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Posts: 3043 | From PA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richedie
Member # 14689

Maybe I am not doing it correctly. I am just making up my own protocol.

Do you do it on an empty stomach? How often?

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

steelbone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14014

take a look here

http://www.lymephotos.com/printableprotocol.html

--------------------
All The Best,
Paul
[email protected]

glm1111
Member # 16556

Yes, High dose vitamin C can cause loose stools/diarhhea also. However, sea salt can also stimulate bowel movement.

Difficult to explain the difference between going above Vit C bowel tolerance and dieoff reactions, but there is a difference. Maybe someone else can explain it.

P. S.
One way for me is when I see parasites in the toilet from the salt/C,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

richedie
Member # 14689

I am using Whole Foods brand Vit. powder. It does not contain citrus bioflavonoids which is concerning. I also use Real Salt brand Sea Salt.

This scares me
"Mega-doses of Vitamin C tore up the lining of my stomach and caused diarrhea.
Pure sodium chloride caused major bloating which aggravated my joint pain. Also, I was uncomfortable taking mega-doses of toxic sodium chloride."

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

glm1111
Member # 16556

Richie, Ester C with bioflavinoids is much easier on your stomach because it is buffered. I buy mine from www.vitacost.com

Sea salt is not toxic and contains vital minerals that we need. Sea salt and vitamin C also support the adrenal glands.

As I have mentioned many times before ramping up slowly is very important as well as drinking plenty of water.

I started with 1/4tsp each sea salt and vitamin C per day and ramped up according to how I was herxing. I also use Real salt which is a very good brand of sea salt.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

MorningSong
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19989

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MorningSong     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you put the 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt in water or put it into a capsule? I am new at this, am starting slowly, and have been just putting it in water.
Posts: 515 | From In His Loving Care | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do they have any powder vit C that doesn't have sugar in it?

I'm looking for ester-C that's friendly for my diet.

Dextrose is no bueno por mi.

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steelbone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14014

U can put the salt right in a few ozs of water and drink it- Some do capsules as well

If you get powered C mix them both together and then drink it.

There are also some folks who will put say 6 grams of vit c and 6 grams of salt in a 12 oz bottle and sip it all day long- of course start at 1 gram and work ur way up

--------------------
All The Best,
Paul
[email protected]

steelbone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14014

First and most important rule:
If you cannot drink plenty of water, do NOT do this research protocol. It requires ample hydration to move the salt and C throughout the system and to flush out die-off related material and toxins.
Also, the pure sodium chloride (CMC salt tablets) may create, for some, a very slight, temporary discomfort in the duodenum area as it dissolves if insufficient water is taken. The salt will not damage, just creates a little discomfort. However, this will not occur if a glass of water is taken with the measure, and then another half glass taken about 15-20 minutes later as the tablet is dissolving. Or it can be taken with food as well.

Also, some folks with sensitive stomachs may find some vitamin C tablets or capsules may cause a slight effect too as they dissolve. In this case, a buffered C can help for those folks. Most, though, will find no issue.

Any diarrhea experienced is not from the salt or Vitamin C themselves, but from the microbial die-off and related toxic by-products.

Scaling Up:
Some folks have had a rougher time than necessary due to unadvisedly taking large doses to start with.

We have found a much better approach is to "scale up", gradually increasing the dosage and "working with" the herxes that will occur with the protocol.

And the protocol can even have notable effect when starting out at lower measures (depending upon bacterial load, body weight, etc.). The "scale up" pattern helps with this as well.

The idea being, if at any level a person gets "die-off" and Herxheimer phenomena, to hold at that level until the phase passes. Then when the level is adjusted to, then move up to the next level. If the phenomena is especially arduous, one can even back down to the earlier dosage until the phase passes, then resume moving up again.

This is done until the 8 -12g of both salt/C, as per the site, is reached. 12g/day is what the authors there have done, but they note, and we have found, that there is notable effect from 8grams/day up. The higher doses have been noted to have increased effect where there is a "stubborn" area in the body.

Starting Phase: Take 1g each of salt and C at 10A and 2P. See how you feel, if you get fatigued, or a little feeling of malaise, do not do 6P. But drink plenty of water instead through the rest of the day and evening. Do just 2x/day until "flat" on it, then move up to 3x/day with addition of one at 6P.
Second Phase: When "flat" on 3x/day, then move up to 4x/day at 8, 10, 2, 4. Then, when "flat" on that, move up to 5x/day at 8, 10, 2, 4, 6. Same way to 6x/day at 8, 10, 2, 4, 6, 8.
Third Phase: Then move up to 7x/day (every 2 hrs) at 8, 10, 12, 2, 4, 6, 8.
Then move up to 8x/day, at (if you're an early riser) 6, 8, 10, 12, 2, 4, 6, 8. If late person, then start at 8 and do every 2 hrs through 10.

8x/day can be maintained and get results if desired.

However, if a person wants to do higher dosing, it is possible to begin doubling doses - 2 salts, 2 Cs - per the Second Phase step, adding one more, over time, to each does. That is, 2 at 6, then 2 at 8, then 2 at 10, and so on, through 12, 2, 4, 6, 8 if an early riser, or start at 8 and begin doubling every 2 hrs through 10PM. 12g seems to be the optimum upper end, although folks have done up to 18g and more for stubborn areas.

A person can also scale to triple doses - 3 salts/3 Cs - 3 to 5 times per day if a person doesn't want to be dosing so many times per day (this is what the lymephotos authors have done).

Some though, have found this dosage to be a little tougher on the tummy. But again, as with any dosing amount, remember to take in LOTS of water. And it can be done with food as well.

The dosing correlates to body weight. For very small people, or children, half the amount would be used for each dosing, but scaled up the same way, until 4 - 6 grams per day is achieved.

Note that the progression will typically be in "cycles" as a person "peels the onion" with the protocol, alternating between feeling better, then hitting another "layer of the onion", and so on. For more information on what can occur, see "What To Expect/Timeframe" at the Main Directory.

And again, if a person hits a particularly arduous herx, one can back off to the next lower level of measures, drinking lots of water, until the phase passes and then work back up again. But keep the protocol "in" and think in terms of "putting them (the microbes) out of their misery" where there is a herxing level reached.

--------------------
All The Best,
Paul
[email protected]

richedie
Member # 14689

I started with 1/4tsp each sea salt and vitamin C pwdr as well per day and ramped up. So far I am up to 1/4tsp each 3-4 times a day and no change...

How much water do you think one should drink?

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

glm1111
Member # 16556

I drink a glass of water with each dose. You don't have to gulp any of this down or you might get nauseous. Just sip it)salt/c) and water through the day.

Steelbone,

thanks for posting that info.

Cane,

ESTER C POWDER WITH BIOFLAVINOIDS BY AMERICAN HEALTH IS SUGAR FREE AND BUFFERED. I get it from

www.vitacost.com

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

richedie
Member # 14689

Yep, they have the ESTER C POWDER WITH BIOFLAVINOIDS BY AMERICAN HEALTH at our Whole Foods store. I ended up getting the store brand because it was cheaper.

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

glm1111
Member # 16556

What exactly does the store brand have in it? Is it Ester C with bioflavinoids?

I usually have found that off brands have additives etc. I buy mine at vitacost for about $16.83 for an 8 oz bottle.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

steelbone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14014

someone on another site told me you can buy the ester c at walmart now

--------------------
All The Best,
Paul
[email protected]

canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
glm,

Awesome. Thanks man

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richedie
Member # 14689

Whole Foods Vit C has only Vitamin C...nothing else. The Ester C was too expensive. I am so strapped for money with all my other health expenses.

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

glm1111
Member # 16556

Sounds good Richie as I am on a fixed income myself. I am right near a Wholefoods and will check to see if they have it there. I am always looking to save some bucks.

Thanks,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

richedie
Member # 14689

I am fearful it may not be as well absorbed without the bioflavonoids.

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

asummers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for asummers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steelbone -- thanks for your great explaination of the protocol. I am currently on a ton of abx and I am thinking about adding the Salt/C protocol to the mix.

I just moved to Australia and I am finding that a lot of people with lyme here on are the protocol AND seeing results.

Has anyone heard of LET C by Livonlabs? Would this mega Vit C be able to be used in the Salt/C protocol?

Posts: 379 | From Sydney, Australia | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steelbone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14014

I think the LET C is the one that absorbs much better when you take it

I would think not only would it be fine- But it would be better

--------------------
All The Best,
Paul
[email protected]

randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm just too big of a coward to try this. my gastro system is trashed so this is probably not a good idea for me.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asummers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for asummers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Steelbone -- I will be coming back to the states in a few months and I plan on picking some up Let C to bring back to AUS.
Posts: 379 | From Sydney, Australia | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richedie
Member # 14689

I am up to 4 grams of each, 3-4 times a day. Nothing noticable yet.

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

steelbone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14014

so are you saying 1 gram of each 3-4 times a day

Not 4 grams 3-4 times a day- that would be 16 grams in a real short time?

--------------------
All The Best,
Paul
[email protected]

richedie
Member # 14689

Yep, 3-4 grams 3-4 times a day. Should I come up slower?

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

glm1111
Member # 16556

Richie,

The rule of thumb is to ramp up slowly.(pace not race) Are you herxing at all? You might want to consider going slower. Are you a big guy?

Don't want it to sneak up on you. It is pretty powerful and you have only been on it a short time.

According to the owner of the lymephotos site, they said it took about 2 months for the larger checkered looking parasites to let go.

For me, it took 2 days, but I had been doing antiparasitic herbs for 6 months.

Hope you are drinking plenty of water.

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

richedie
Member # 14689

I am 200 lbs, 6'3"

No herxing I can see except maybe tired more than usual. Herxing from what? Parasite die off?

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

glm1111
Member # 16556

Yes, Herxing from parasite dieoff. The tiredness can be a symptom that it is working. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water to circulate the salt. Keep us posted,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

17hens
Member # 23747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 17hens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
richedie,
i had written earlier "my lymie friend took her lymie son to a doc at hershey med for help to manage the pain he's in (wheelchair, migraines, shooting leg pain, all that). the doc told her to have him do salt/c."
well, she saw that doc again yesterday and he said it took him 4 months on salt/c to start feeling better. but it did what abx weren't able to do for him. it was worth it!

--------------------
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Posts: 3043 | From PA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dyna3495
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24126

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dyna3495     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have done the full salt/c protocol twice and one time partially. Had dramatic improvement on 2 of them. Full protocol is 1 gram pure salt with one gram vitamin c every hour for 12 hours, 12 hour break then repeated for a total of 36 doses with 12 hour breaks inbetween 12 doses.
The first rounf resulted in reduction of swelling to knee and elbow and shoulder joints. Effect lasted about 3 months. 2nd attempt was unremarkable. 3rd attempt resulted in stopping of AM foot pain and deminishing of red bumps on the small of my back, which has lasted for 15 days so far.
salt/c should be considered to be an abx treatment. I will rotate it in 45 days with Plaquinel which I am now taking.
I am feeling better now than I have for the past 2 months.
I know salt/c works. How it works is up to the individual, like everything else, ask your Doctor.

Posts: 160 | From Mid-east USA | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

dyna,

I have been on the salt/c protocol continuosly since 2006. I will never stop doing this protocol because some of these parasites can lay up to 200,000 eggs a day.

Glad you had good results, but was wondering why you went off of it if it was working so well for you?

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

dyna3495
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24126

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dyna3495     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
still learning how and when to use it. It is fact and not fiction that it works. Am still looking for a Dr. that at least understand this basic fact.
How often do you do the full protocol ?
dyna

Posts: 160 | From Mid-east USA | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

I do 20 gms a day of both ester C and sea salt in equal doses.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

richedie
Member # 14689

So now I am confused. I read just take it in equal doses 4-5X throughout the day.

dyna3495 is saying to take 1 gram an hour???
So, 36 days is one round?

quote:
Originally posted by dyna3495:
I have done the full salt/c protocol twice and one time partially. Had dramatic improvement on 2 of them. Full protocol is 1 gram pure salt with one gram vitamin c every hour for 12 hours, 12 hour break then repeated for a total of 36 doses with 12 hour breaks inbetween 12 doses.
The first rounf resulted in reduction of swelling to knee and elbow and shoulder joints. Effect lasted about 3 months. 2nd attempt was unremarkable. 3rd attempt resulted in stopping of AM foot pain and deminishing of red bumps on the small of my back, which has lasted for 15 days so far.
salt/c should be considered to be an abx treatment. I will rotate it in 45 days with Plaquinel which I am now taking.
I am feeling better now than I have for the past 2 months.
I know salt/c works. How it works is up to the individual, like everything else, ask your Doctor.

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

glm1111
Member # 16556

That is the protocol for the sodium chloride tablets, which I believe is equal to 1,000gms per tablet. The whole dose would amount to 12 gms a day.

You are doing it correctly, just continue according to how you are feeling. This is not medical advise and you should have your doctor monitor your bloodwork.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

dyna3495
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24126

MD, IDSA, ILADS, LLMD, #1. DO NO HARM....? Not learning of a solution.... is doing harm.... sin by omition !
psr1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22957

Icon 1 posted      Profile for psr1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am seriously thinking about doing salt/c. I am 5' and 105 lbs. Also, does anybody know how dr h in NY feels about salt/c? PM me if you have any info.
Posts: 360 | From New York | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richedie
Member # 14689

Still doing the salt and c with no results. Right now I am at 1/2 tsp of each about 4-5 times a day. I guess that is about 10 grams.

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

glm1111
Member # 16556

Richie,

Have patience, because the person in the lymephotos site said it too about 6 mos for some of the larger parasites to let go.

I was on antiparasitic herbs (20 caps a day for 6 mos before they let go.) When I added the salt/c all hell broke loose and they came pouring out of me.

Have you considered doing any antiparasitic herbs?

These parasites are masters at survival. You may not realize that some our exiting in the toilet. I didn't at first because some of them were encased in blobs.

I decided to make it an experiement and took anything strange looking out of the toilet and dried them out. Sure enough there they were. Try and stick with it if you can.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

jamieL
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16563

Icon 11 posted      Profile for jamieL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will salt/C kill bart?

I have bart (I think) and am feeling like I could kick someone's a$$ most days because of the rage. How hideous.

Rifampin kicked it for a while but as soon as I quit, it came back...

If it's not bartonella that I have then I am just a jerk.

--------------------
Diagnosed with :yme and mycoplasma pneumonia Aug 08.
Treating with Doxy and Ceftin ever since. 15 sessions in hyperbaric o2 chamber

Posts: 183 | From all around | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

I can only go by my own experience. I had bart, babs and erlichia. I have had good results using the sallt/c and the antiparasitic herbs.

You can check for more info at lymestrategies because this is the group doing the salt/c protocol.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

TnFlowerChild
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24717

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TnFlowerChild     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just still learning here, but what antiparasitic herbs are you all talking about?
What links do you have for this protocol?
Thanks,
Lorraine

Posts: 236 | From Jackson, TN | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richedie
Member # 14689

antiparasitic herbs? Which ones? Humaworm?

So, what is the mechanism behind this? Killing the parasites in your gut/intestines improves immunity to fight Lyme?

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

glm1111
Member # 16556

Yes, The parasites are sitting in the small intestine and zapping the immune system since that is where our immune system is.

They are eating our nutrients as well. I had to take many courses of different antioprasitic herbs over the last 4 yrs along with the salt/c.

Humaworm is one, Clarkia

www.drclarkia.com

www.drnatura.com

Some people have had good results with Enula. You have to read and research the parasite info here in the archives.

Curezone also has great forums on parasites. Just google curezone + parasites.

Gael_

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

richedie
Member # 14689

So what is the preferred anti-parasitic herb? Humaworm? Can i just do that one? Looks like you did colon cleanses too?

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

glm1111
Member # 16556

Yes,You can just do Humaworm. Just understand that one course of any antiparasitics is not enough.

Also rotating the herbs is important and you can do the in between herbs from Humaworm if you want to. They also have other anti viral, antibiotic herbs for Lyme as well.

I am doing Clarkia tincture right now which is Wormwood, black walnut hull and cloves. I like it because you can do it for 2 months. You do it 2 weeks on and 1 week off.

I never did Dr Natura, but six did and she said she liked it. I also do a salt/c flush every morning to get the dieoff out from the day before.

I usually do 2 tsp in divided doses of salt and c until it gives me diarrhea. It seems to be working because my symptoms are less and less every day.

The key with antiparasitics whether it's salt/c or herbs or both is persistence and believing in the protocol.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

richedie
Member # 14689

So Gael, I am taking more than you and do not have diarrhea.

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

canefan17
Member # 22149

richedie,

are you on abx's while trying salt/c?

richedie
Member # 14689

My doctor won't let me do salt/c. They have had patients rushed to the hospital as a result of salt/c.....so I avoid. I take anti-parasitic meds and herbs.

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

momlyme
Member # 27775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is the right way to do salt/c http://www.fettnet.com/lymestrategies/grouphow.htm

I found this through the yahoo group lymestrategies which, in their own words, "is dedicated to the ongoing research of practical approaches to Lyme infection. It is based primarily upon the the 100% natural, Salt/C Plus Protocol for Lyme Infection as described in the book by the same name (click here)

Though the main thrust of the site is to discuss and forward research on this protocol, other adjunct approaches and strategies are also examined which includes nutritional, nutraceutical, bio-electric, herbal, holistic, and more."

Note: This is not what I did.

I started with 3g salt / 3g Vitamin c 2 times per day! This was much too much for my body.

The protocol as outlined on this site says to start with 1g of each per day and slowly scale up.

By day 3 I was doing 9g. Wish I read this first! I am hoping to get through this at home without a trip to the ER!

Go slow. Listen to your body.

--------------------
May health be with you!

Toxic mold was suppressing our immune systems, causing extreme pain, brain fog and magnifying symptoms. Four days after moving out, the healing began.

Posts: 2007 | From NY/VT Border | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RZR
Member # 20953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RZR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does Salt/C need to be spaced apart from abx?

--------------------
Tick bite May 2009
Diagnosed June 2009

Posts: 2329 | From SouthEast | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

richedie,

Did they say why they were rushed to the hospital.

When I first started abx's (at too high a dosage) I was also rushed to the hospital (as I'm sure others have been with abx use)

Any time you're involved with killing Lyme & Co's and it's in the area of the heart - it seems the die-off would leave somebody with heart issues and/or really bad herxes.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement