LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » My butt hurts :(

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My butt hurts :(
Kastroo
Member # 22825

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kastroo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK here goes nothing...damn its embarrassing...

I started my treatment mid November 2009 with 400mg doxy and 1000mg Cipro plus TIndamax pulses.

My LLMD added 600mg Rifampin begining of January.

After a week from starting Rif I had a nasty butt/anus cramp one evening (I had Proctalgia fugax for a long time but it would appear every 12 months or so in the middle of the night and go away) but it went away pretty fast.

I was on a 16 day Tindax pulse till last Friday and again got a terrible anus cramp the last day but went away quickly (1 hour or so).

Unfortunately this Monday I developed a weird feeling which would be best described "very warm ball in my rectum/anus".

It would come ang go in the past days but when it started yesterday afternoon I'm having the feeling all the time now...
I don't have diarrhea, my anus is not inflamated or red its actually pinky and pretty, it doesn't hurt when I touch it (sorry for details), no blood, mucus etc...I think I'm slightly constipated but nothing very bad.

I'm seeing an Urologist on Monday about my prostate issues and it might that too but the urinary symptoms have subsided lately..

Any ideas?

a) herx?
b) yeast?
c) Rifampin playing tricks on me ?
d) hemorrhoids?

I sucks because I was feeling very good lately (except my urinary issues) and constant discomfort down there is killing me...

I'm waiting for my LLMD to get back to me but that is his only flaw..it takes hims sometimes 5 days to call/email back:/

Posts: 67 | From New York | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amanda
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14107

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amanda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get this every now and then when I have a bad herx. Its actually one of my more painful symptoms.

And you're right, its embarassing. It sometimes doubles me over, and what am I supposed to tell people... "sorry, my butthole is cramped"..?

I have found that ibuprofin helps some.

Lyme can interfere with your entire GI system...

--------------------
"few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" - Mark Twain

Posts: 1008 | From US | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kastroo
Member # 22825

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kastroo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the thing is that is the only sypmtom I have...no typical herxing besides that...

I took 2 muscle relaxant my GF takes during periods and prescription painkiller (Orudis) but not much improvement...

it sometimes like a small flame inside my rectum pain underneath a tail bone....

I had some GI issues (bloating, gas, diarrhea) prior to treatment but everything went away along the way...

so u r saying its most likely herx...ehhh hope it goes away :/

Posts: 67 | From New York | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gwb
Member # 7273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gwb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, couldn't help but laugh when I read "my anus is not inflamated or red its actually pinky and pretty". How does one go about finding their anus to be "pinky and pretty? You gotta teach me how to do that one. LOL! [Big Grin]

Seriously, sorry to hear about the troubles you're having. Doesn't sound like yeast to me unless you're itching in your anus. Herx? Possible, but seems not likely. Abx playing tricks on you? Doubt it but it's possible I suppose. Hemorrhoids? Very possible.

Could be a swollen prostate too. Good idea to have your urologist check it out. Does it burn when you urinate? If so, take some D-Manoose. I took that and it stopped the burning in no time.

Lyme disease can give you all kinds of weird symptoms, so I would not be surprised if it was just another lyme symptom. I've had anus pain and twitches before, but usually it subsides within minutes. I've never had it last longer than a half hour.

Hoping you start feeling better real soon!

Gary

Posts: 1349 | From OK | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I havn't looked at my anus lately, but I sure hope it's PINKY AND PRETTY!!!

My gress is Hemorrhoids! Have the Doc take a look.

Roy

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cockapoo1996
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cockapoo1996     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry anyone else has this. It is painful. I have never been on Rifampin and didn't notice it went with herxs or changes of meds.

Just killed especially after around 4 pm for me. I did go to a butt doctor. Here's what I was told:

It is called Levator Ani Syndrome. It is a muscle spasm that then irritates the bone and causes pain. More common in women.

It does no actual damage. It could last 1-3 years and you can get treatment (some kind of painful massage) but he wouldn't recommend it.

I mentioned Lyme (yikes!) and he said "although that is not my field, an infection has been known to cause it".

He examined me (talk about embarrassing) and no hemorrhoids.

So it's been about 2 years for me now and it is much much better.

As I am getting better it is getting better. Now only late at night if I have been sitting all day.

I did become gluten free mostly to get rid of that pain but keep it up since gluten free made me feel a lot better with everything.

Also, I started to use hemorrhoid suppositories (even without hemorrhoids) it seemed to lesson the pain. Maybe eases the spasms?

I did double check with the doctor to ask if they are safe to use everyday and he said yes. I only do every other day now.

Hope yours goes away quicker!

Posts: 472 | From New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kastroo
Member # 22825

1-3 years...... oh my #$!@%$@^&^%$*%^$*^& God...back in the days i would open a bottle of booze and get better but now...
Kastroo
Member # 22825

now I regret eating spicy Mexican on Sunday evening (forgot add that part)...
gwb
Member # 7273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gwb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kastroo:
now I regret eating spicy Mexican on Sunday evening (forgot add that part)...

Well, that makes me think hemorrhoids. Spicy food can make your butt and hemorrhoids pretty painful at times. [dizzy]
Posts: 1349 | From OK | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had several of those spasms when I first started treatment. You may want to get the B12IM in the

rear. Rubbing the rear helps too. Take more electrolytes. But most of the time I had to

rub/rock in bed and sleep. Very painful.

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beachinit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21040

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beachinit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just figured it was just another muscle cramp or spasm albeit an unexpected location. Was on doxy at the time so doubt it was irritation
or yeast or 'rhoids'. Just felt like a sharp
pinch down there but came and went quickly.
Happened a few times. I tried magnesium, the universal Lyme rescue mineral. Not really sure it made any difference though.

Glad to move off topic [Smile]

Beachinit.

--------------------
Ideas not advice.

Posts: 448 | From Downeast Maine | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kastroo
Member # 22825

today was good...but started again 2h ago not as bad as yesterday so I'm keeping my hopes that it'll go away eventually...
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry that people are making fun of this topic, although I guess they are embarrassed.

The rectum is the final straight portion of the large intestine.
The Anus is the external opening of the rectum. Its closure is controlled by sphincter muscles.

If you are having problems, and need to examine that area of your body, a mirror and good lighting can help.

If you have a partner who can assist, lie on your side and draw up your knees.
Although often, the partner may not know what to look for.

If the skin in the area is inflamed (red and swollen) you can speed healing by applying hot compresses.
Although I have not seen it stated anywhere, I would think that LED light therapy would reduce inflammation and pain of the anus.

LED light therapy relaxes muscle spasms.
People use it all the time on the rest of the body, so it should work on the anal area also.

Light therapy overview

There are a number of LED light therapy units available.
The LightWorks is available on eBay.

This is not medical advice, consult your physician.

Carol

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sounds like a spasm of the pelvic floor muscles. Ask the urologist to evaluate the PF muscles when he does the exam(some know how to do this others do not)

my guess is it is the levator- ani muscle

If it is the muscles often physical therapy can help.

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David95928
Member # 3521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David95928     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to wonder if this isn't just another example of the muscle spasms that can go with Lyme. Magnesium supplementation may help. It helps many who experience cramping in other muscles.

--------------------
Dave

Posts: 2034 | From CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David95928
Member # 3521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David95928     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oops! Double post.

--------------------
Dave

Posts: 2034 | From CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kastroo
Member # 22825

spoke to my LLMD he said:
a) prostate Herx (prostate is one of the last issues in my Lyme story)
b) muscle Herx
c) Hemorrhoids

if urologist says its not c) either a or b.

Today is good no pain no discomfort [Big Grin]

Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kastroo - Has this problem subsided.

Although butt pain is not the most comfortable subject, I'm wondering if anyone else had similar problems.

Mine is in my right butt cheek and the pain is felt through my back. At first I thought I had sore glutes from working out but it is only one side and it is deeper. It does not go away.

I'll see my doc in about a week.

Does anyone else have this?

Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kastroo
Member # 22825

i would have pain in butt cheeks (more of a numb sometimes sore feeling) before i got anus pains....not that i wish u would have those:)

today is day two of no "anal" problems whatsoever...u can't imagine how relieved i am after the week of horror and burning ball in my butt [Big Grin]

went to Uro yesterday...he found no tangible problems but said at the end...this is not my specialty but it might and i repeat it might be lyme in testicles...

Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Magnesium can help nearly any kind of spasm. Maybe the dose is not high enough or a different type would work better. Calcium, too. These work to calm inflammation and irritation of nerves and muscles.

Turmeric may also be helpful to lessen inflammation.

==============

Fifth paragraph from the end:

" . . . Inflammation of the abdominal wall muscles, in particular the rectus abdominus is not an infrequent problem. . . ."

http://cassia.org/essay.htm

When to Suspect Lyme - by John D. Bleiweiss, M.D.

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kastroo
Member # 22825

heh...did the same mistake...had spicy mexican last week and the story started again...butt spasm, but this time with prostate pain...the older i get the dumber i am...ehhh...anyhow day 6 of butt pain and it is subsiding..just like 3 weeks ago....no more mexican food for me...and of course yeast came out of the cave...argh...i'm so close to the end of this nasty story but(t) it keeps surprising me...

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement