LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter




The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive


The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Allergie Immun and amalgams again --(sorry)

 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Allergie Immun and amalgams again --(sorry)
thejoje
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19976

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thejoje   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know for a fact that this question has not been addressed thus far on the thread so here goes:

I'm finishing off my amalgam removal next week, which also happens to coincide with my weaning off of abx so I can send in a saliva sample.

So a dilemma arises: no more mercury in mouth (which has actually blocked some Lyme activity), no more abx in body; therefore, Lyme rises to the occasion wreaking havoc of one kind or another.

The question: Should I stay on the abx for a while and hold off sending in the saliva in order to be protected from the onslaught of symptoms? This would delay the start of the therapy for a month or so.

Or

Should I bite the bullet, come down with horrid Lyme symptoms, then start the AI drops to get my system to eventually recognize the invaders??

My gut feeling is to start the AI asap. But I do not know if this is prudent. Too many unknowns, and I'm a little scared.

Advice requested.

Thanks

--------------------
When we are no longer able to change a situation---we are challenged to change ourselves.
(Viktor Frankl- Holocaust survivor)

Posts: 460 | From Maine | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BackinStOlaf
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 23725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BackinStOlaf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know but I have 18 amalgams. How many did you have removed? I went for a consultation and it is going to be like $10k. I can't afford to do it. :/

--------------------
First Symptom 9/09
Multiple docs, negative Labcorp test
LLMD: 1/10
Positive Igenex/CDC test
Treatment 2/10
2/10-8/10 Amox, ceftin, zith, flagyl
Currently: Bicillin, Minocycline, still dealing with severe breathing issues

 -

Posts: 1121 | From New York, New York | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ping
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6974

Icon 4 posted      Profile for ping     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thejoje - I just posted my results to the AI thread and hope you'll take the time to read it. Please email me if you want.

From the tone of your posts, I gather you still have active Lyme/TBDs and are not in remission, amalgams notwithstanding. If this is the case, there's absolutely no way I'd stop abx tx to do PSP tx. NO WAY! I was in remission from TBD for about 2 & a half years before I started PSP and very glad of it. Am just now getting the remainder of my amalgams removed.

I'm absolutely sure you'll get all sorts of answers that sound very positive, logical and scientific; and for the record, I don't give a flip about the 200 testimonials that are always being pushed as evidence (they are not) of PSP's efficacy. The fact is that some people respond to PSP and others feel no changes, in fact, a couple of posters have told me via email that they feel worse, now, in later rounds of PSP, than when they first started the tx. Still others, like the original poster of the AI thread, ericaf, have such a rough time at the beginning, they have to stop the tx very soon after starting. Many people who do not continue the tx, or who have negative things to say about it will not post these comments because of the argument that would ensue. Since whether or not the people on AI thread like me or not doesn't matter, I'll say what I please.

Please finish your abx tx for Lyme and co-infects before using PSP. My email address is:

[email protected]l.com

[ 05-14-2010, 02:27 PM: Message edited by: ping ]

--------------------
ping
"We are more than containers for Lyme"

Posts: 1302 | From Back in TX again | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thejoje
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19976

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thejoje   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BackinStOlaf,
I had 3 quadrants of amalgams and 3 root canals removed. I don't know exactly how many amalgams this entails, but I spent less than half of your estimate.

Have you looked into Canada for removals (or Maine)? [Smile] I know a good dentist!

Ping,
I consider the AI treatment to be similar to other treatments in that some will have great results, some not so great, and some stay about the same. It is a risk, and because of the success stories, I am willing to take that risk.

Even if the success rate was at about 50%, I would still take the risk because of the personal contact and success of the individuals I have spoken with.

I fully expect to have a really hard time, because I am toxic as all heck and loaded with coinfections, etc. But this will not deter me bc I was prepared initially for the tough time ahead with abx treatment.

I am only about 9 months into Lyme treatment, which in my estimate is a drop in the bucket. If I were to wait until all my bacteria go into remission, it could be years before I start the AI. (Maybe the site would offer English speaking contacts by then!!)

I don't follow the logic that if someone has a rough time with the treatment, they should stop the treatment. I am not familiar with ericaF's experience or background. Were her results irreversible? Did she slow down the drops to a rate that could be tolerated? Was she on any Rx drugs at the time? I can't possibly know all the factors that went into this failure, but I am trying to expect a positive outcome for myself.

I see this therapy as more of a prep to get me ready to beat Lyme. Without the AI, I will have to rely on my own failed system, and please believe me when I say "failed." I can't take 95% of the stuff my LLMD wants me to take.

I am truly sorry that AI didn't do anything for you and you are back to square 1. It's gotta be frustrating. I'm aware that this could also happen to me, but I have to try. I do appreciate your honest feedback.

Blessings to you for continued health.

Anybody else want to chime in?

--------------------
When we are no longer able to change a situation---we are challenged to change ourselves.
(Viktor Frankl- Holocaust survivor)

Posts: 460 | From Maine | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Imaginit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20399

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Imaginit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joje,
I think we are on the same train. I, too, took just 8 months of antibiotics and was very sick throughout the entire treatment. No matter what I tried even a very low dose of anything still made me "herx" or whatever you want to call it--adding to the toxic soup mix.

I too, am doing AI in order to be able to do some other type treatment in the future after AI. By the time I complete AI, I hope to be able to handle whatever treatment I choose to move forward with.

That said, I am only into this 9 days and I have thoughts of quitting. It IS hard, but I have to keep reminding myself it's nothing like how sick I got when I was doing abx.

I imagine it is difficult for me because of how long I've been sick and how toxic I am.

I am also apprehensive because it has not worked for everyone, but, I remind myself, it has worked for some. I hope I am one that is able to complete it and feel better. If not, I'll just move on to the next thing.

To those who have completed AI and are still sick I so understand how you feel. I felt that way on antibiotics. I spent months being sick, tons of money on medications and supplements and I was worse than when I started. ABX are not for everyone and if I hadn't done AI, I probably would choose no treatment at all--which I know in some circles is blasphemous.

We are each individuals who are trying to do the best we can in a difficult situation. I salute Ping for telling his/her truth. Every bit of information from others helps us move forward. Thank you Ping for your posts and honesty about this treatment and how it affected you and I wish you the best in any upcoming treatment.

Posts: 123 | From Montana | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thejoje
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19976

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thejoje   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Imaginit,
Did you go off all abx before the AI?

Did you feel better once you went off? I'm a little sorry to go off Zith because it does block some symptoms. I'm down to half a tablet a day.

What are you experiencing 9 days into treatment? Have you cut down the number of drops? Do you take any days off?

Do you own a biotensor?

Thanks and hang in there!

--------------------
When we are no longer able to change a situation---we are challenged to change ourselves.
(Viktor Frankl- Holocaust survivor)

Posts: 460 | From Maine | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Imaginit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20399

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Imaginit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joje,
I felt much better off abx. It was like I came out of a deep dark hole. I was off of them about three months before I started--maybe longer. During that time that I was off, I did a lot of detox baths and infared sauna and kept up all my supplements.

Nine days into treatment, I am having a bounding quick heart rate which is getting annoying and starting to concern me. My back, at all the spinal blockages listed on my report, has been very painful--so much so that I have taken muscle relaxers and advil which I rarely take. I have felt tearful and sad for no reason and really rather "blah".

I am down to one drop three times a day and still am having symptoms so I guess my body is still getting the messages.

I bought a biotensor, but we never really bonded and it just wouldn't work for me. So I went out and got a pendulum which I love and it's working well for me. It still tells me to take the drops but only one drop at a time.

I also have a spiritual counselor who "sees" that I should continue the drops but take it slow with the number of drops. She says I will see improvement down the road, but this first part is the most difficult. I intuitively knew this, but just needed an outside opinion to confirm.

I am most anxious to be done with this first round to see what changes have been made. I hope they are significant so I know that my hard work has paid off.

Hope I answered all your questions. And I do hope it goes well for you.

Posts: 123 | From Montana | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ping
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6974

Icon 14 posted      Profile for ping     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by thejoje:
I am truly sorry that AI didn't do anything for you and you are back to square 1.

thejoje - You are sadly mistaken. In no way am I back to square one. I've been off abx tx now for over 3 years, work a 10 hr per day job and the swimming pools opened yesterday; which makes me happy as a fish in water... I'll be going to Alaska soon.

It was my impression that you wanted info and experiences of others. From what I read, you're having your amalgams removed before you start PSP. I waited until toward the end of PSP so the mercury toxins would have a way out, instead of getting blocked by dysregulations and constantly recirculating. So, whatever you think is best for you, by all means, do it.

I'm still extremely grateful that I had the different tx's in the order that I took them - Abx first until remission, then PSP, then amalgam removal.

Best of luck to you, thejoje. I'm off this site for a while to join the others who've recovered and left here and who rarely post anymore, if at all.

If anyone would like to email me for info:

[email protected]

[ 05-14-2010, 02:30 PM: Message edited by: ping ]

--------------------
ping
"We are more than containers for Lyme"

Posts: 1302 | From Back in TX again | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
   

Quick Reply
Message:

HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins
   


Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:


Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement

Powered by UBB.classic™ 6.7.3


The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations. If you would like to support the Network and the LymeNet system of Web services, please send your donations to:

The Lyme Disease Network of New Jersey
907 Pebble Creek Court, Pennington, NJ 08534 USA


| Flash Discussion | Support Groups | On-Line Library
Legal Resources | Medical Abstracts | Newsletter | Books
Pictures | Site Search | Links | Help/Questions
About LymeNet | Contact Us

© 1993-2020 The Lyme Disease Network of New Jersey, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Use of the LymeNet Site is subject to Terms and Conditions.