LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » What one should know about parasites...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What one should know about parasites...
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I posted this several years ago - but there are many new people here now-------

A bit about Parasites -

As I heard it a couple of years ago:

And please do not ask me for the research verification --- this is just real stuff coming from a real doctor's office treating real people, and I am merely passing on what I learned during my own disease process and recovery. If you feel differently, please do not let me keep you from doing so.

Probably the most overlooked area in medicine is the worms in people. That's what Dr. K. says. The worms are a double-edged sword: 90% of people have them without knowing it. When somebody has worms, the worms send out neural messengers, messenger moledules that suppress the immune system.

What it does is create a lazy gut, which for some people is okay, like the chronic indigestion, slow, the slightly constipated sort of mood that many people are in, and it is great as a treatment for Crohn's Disease and colitis because it suppresses the immune system locally; you don't get the inflammatory reactions. However, according to Dr. K., it comes at a big price. It comes at the price in that the immune system in general has defects. It is put to sleep by the neural messenger molecules from the worms, and this is when the viruses, the giardia, the amoebas and the candida, and all those things mutate in a more aggressive forms, and Lyme Disease becomes much more of an issue.

Dr. K. lived in India for a few years and this is where, he says, he became very aware of the worm issue. He ran an immuno-diagnostic lab in their hospital there (he was the lab director), and they had some of the best microbiolgists working for them, seeing them on microscope, etc. They examined the stools of Westerners, when the Americans first came there, on their first day of coming there and found that they were already full of worms when they got there.

They didn't get the worms there in India, they came there with the worms. In fact the Americans were more infested than the Indians living there. However, they worms were in a subdued state. They were the same species of worms but were much, much smaller. Often just microscopic. They could only see them under a microscope, but they identified them with their antigens and realized that worms are throughout the world, an incredible illness, except that in the West, they had adapted to the more sanitary conditions and were in different forms, but were incredibly involved in immune suppression.

He says that today this is still not known in the West. But that for 30 years since then, he has been looking at that, and by using the direct resonance testing, he finds them in a lot of people.

He tells that in recent years he sees worms that he has never seen before - green ones, red ones with green eyes, eye lashes, etc. etc. The description is rather funny when he talks about watching their play in the dish under the microscope imitating the eyelash play as certain actresses do it!

Anyone treating worms knows that it may take 2-3 years on a good program to get a patient successfully de-wormed. The medical benefits are unbelievable. It is so overlooked and underestimated. However, there are a few lone voices on this and nobody wants to talk too much about it. Most of the worms when they die, get immediately digested by your digestion. They also have a process called autolysis. The moment they are in the process of dying and they see that there is no reverse condition here, they autolyze. It's a process of protecting their children - of avoiding detection.

Worms are very, very sophisticated. They are part of our intelligence, If you have a tapeworm, often people have been misdiagnosed as being a dual personality. They have this other side that is completely different -- weird, erratic strange - and then they have this other personality that is very consistent. If you get the worm out, this personality disappears. It is not just a person being influenced by the worm..............

The worms are a very highly evolved consciousness in a very very low-evolved body.
He considers it a huge issue. He tried many labs in the US with little success to get a diagnosis, hoping and hearing it might become a bit better.

The hard thing in parasite cleansing is the die-off effect. When you kill them, you kill them in the brain, in the heart, wherever they are. They live in the lymphatic system, and it plugs up, so it often needs to be accompanied by lymph drainage, massage, exercize, often people are not capable of doing.

He tells of an extreme case where a big woman of about 300 lbs, on the worm treatment for a few days, released worms everywhere. After a few months, she dropped her weight down to 150 pounds, accompanied by a complete personality change.

But he also tells about seeing people who had been given a too-aggressive a treatment too early on, and people developed seizure disorders, with a calcified worm in the brain. He makes an effort to use natural therapies first to seduce the worms to leave where they are, to go for the food in the gut and leave. They are supposed not to mature in the brain; they are only supposed to be in the larvae stage there. He talks about certain protocol killing the larvae stage in the brain, especially for young people with psychotic disorders - very often there are worms in the brain. If people appear weird and this is perceived in the interview, one of the things he checks is - parasites in the brain. It comes up all the time and people have dramatic improvements when they are moved.

Did you know that worms/parasites love milk?

Take care.

P.S. So during the days that you are after them, wait for the approach of full moon when they come out for reproduction; and have your cheese and milk and ice cream!

Alinia works too.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WHY won't these other world-known LLMDs care about this issue? Don't they believe Dr. K?
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sickpuppy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sickpuppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks GiGi. I've been thinking about parasites for a while. Wondering WHEN, in the course of treatment, this issue should be addressed (I'm only 7 months in and still pretty sick/non-functional).

Is there a good book on this, especially one that details treatment protocols? I'd like to know what herbs etc can be safely taken.

[Smile]

Posts: 702 | From North Eastern USA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mmcmann
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mmcmann     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks GiGi.

After reading about worms on this site a few months ago, I asked my LLMD about it.

She seemed pretty clueless. I wasn't sure what to think about that and just dropped it. (denial?)

Their office does follow Dr Bs guidelines. What does Dr B say about parasites and worms?

Just curious if anyone knows.

Posts: 104 | From No. VA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr B don't care about worms!!
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GiGi,

I also have been posting about the worm/parasite connection ad nauseum. I know you were posting about this issue when I came on board in 2006.

Thank you for bringing this up again because it really is such an important factor in getting rid of Lyme complex. I have personaly seen the red, green, eggshell blue and black ones exiting my body including my scalp and mouth.

I also had loads of ascaris and a tape worm exit. This came after VERY aggresive tx with antiparasitic herbs and salt/c. Dr. K. is one of the most AWARE doctors out there on this subject.

I just wish more LLMDs were also. One of the reasons they are not is because they are first regular MDs who specialize in Lyme and have not been trained too much in parasitology.

The LLMDs that are aware of this seem to be the ones that follow Dr.K. Thanks again for bringing up this most important info.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
P. S.

I am a huge milk drinker ( 2-3 gallons a week) It keeps them in the gut. I am always drinking salt/c and doing antiparasitic herbs...so they are constantly getting hit.

I believe the dairy paralyzes them. Eating EXTRA cloves kills the eggs so they can't keep reproducing and suppressing the immune system.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
novy
Member # 25987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for novy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
excellent post(s) ...

i had pinworms when i was a kid- also, when trying to improve my health i went on a macrobiotic diet-
i felt wonderful, but cumbersome to follow-
anyways, i noticed worms went i went to the bathroom then- i wondered if it wasn't all the radish family foods chasing them away-

Posts: 94 | From shaker heights, ohio | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sickpuppy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sickpuppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^
Posts: 702 | From North Eastern USA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
c3mom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for c3mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Gigi, I was notaware of Dr K'k take on the parasites. UUGH! I have also been thinking about a cleanse. I wanted to start slow.

Do you have any suggestions as far as books. Does Dr K have a book on parasites?

Gael is always talking about parasites, thanks for your reminders!!!! However, I do not want to do Salt/C because I just want to take an herb and be done.

Posts: 262 | From ohio | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

c3mom,

When dealing with parasites, just taking an herb is not enough. They are VERY difficult to get rid of because they haved layed thousands of larva and eggs.

You can check with your doctor about some rx drugs for parasites as well. If you choose to do herbs, they have to contain wormwood, green black walnut hull and cloves. It is a process to get rid of them and you HAVE to be aggressive and persisitent.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Rumigirl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr. B does care about worms! He's been saying for a while that the ticks carry filalarial worms, and that this is a factor for us.

And this has been shown by Dr. Eva Sapi's work, and also by Willy Burdorfer. But I'm not sure that Dr. B knows how to treat worms adequately.

This is a big subject. I would like to know Dr. K's techniques for getting rid of worms and parasites, too. I've worked for decades personally and with clients with herbs for parasites.

However, there are so many different kinds in so much of the body, and the worms are different from the aoemebas.

Posts: 3747 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

This is sort of a general parasite protocol. I know that Dr. K. is adding increasing amounts of artemisinin added into phospholipids. And he recently is adding longterm Alinia 500mg 2x's daily with food for three months periods, of course for select patients. He has always said that pharmaceuticals (albendazole, biltricide, Alinia) shine here and this is the order he used them for me years ago. I did not do Alinia because I had done Arise &Shine long before I got Lyme which saved me from worse problems (left paralyzed is bad enough!) He
insists at getting at the parasites early on.

All makes great sense, because parasites eat you out of house and home, deplete your resources, hold on to metals that you need to get rid of. Quoting Dr. K.: "Parasites hold large amounts of metals in their skin without being metabolically disturbed by it.

We find very often that the big tapeworms or roundworms hanging in the gut with their mouths wide open ready, waiting for the next dose of mercury that they take in and then put it into their coat to protect themselves from your immune system. We are getting more and more ruthless with the neurological diseases looking for worms.
They become completely invulnerable to your own immune system because one thing white cells cannot handle is large amounts of mercury. White cells die when they try to gobble up the mercury. They commit suicide. And it doesn't help the organism, because when the white cell dies, it releases everyting it has stored back into the system. Metals are not metaboliz-able. They cannot be transformed into something else that is not disturbing. Once they are released again, they are just as toxic as they were before."

Parasites --
(from one of my earlier posts -- the most difficult to lab test, but the first thing to treat)

���� BioPure organic freeze dried garlic

���� Artemisinin pulsed in high doses 3 days on every 2-3 weeks

���� Vermox/Mebendazole (100mg BID * 3days, then repeat after 3
weeks)

���� Biltricide (600mg TID for one day then repeat in 2-3 weeks)

���� Tinidazole for giardia/amoebas (500mg BID for 10 days, usually
following a different parasite treatment)

���� Albendazole (28 day course)- rarely needed in kids and typically
only for severe neurological symptoms that have not resolved with other treatments

���� Alinia (dose varies)- 20 day protocol is great for MS and Babesia

���� Herbal Cleanses (Dr. Natura Colonix, Botanifuge...)

���� Salt/C

���� It seems to be very effective to follow prescription parasite medications with homeopathic support or the parasite CD for at
least another month

(from Drs. DK/AD)

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Other effective herbal cleanses....Hulda Clark Parasite Cleanse...Humaworm.

For the newbies

www.lymephotos.com

Also check out the curezone parasite forum.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard Dr. K recently suggest that worms were possibly the most overlooked factor in the treatment of those with Lyme disease and autism both.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bewell
Member # 25872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bewell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We take diatomaceous earth, I also give it to my animals in their food and use it on their dog bedding, etc. Plus it's all natural; great to dust on animals for tick and flea prevention and plants to keep bugs away. ONLY use food grade, NOT the kind you put in swimming pools!!!!!

I found some info for anyone interested:

http://www.earthworkshealth.com/products.php

this guy is a little boring but interesting:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQn6GSHNzBE

No, I do not sale this stuff, but I have used it for years.

Posts: 11 | From Central-Time | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Yes, to what Scott said above. If you look up the Klinghardt publication of 2004 entitled "Lyme Disease: A Look Beyond Antibiotics", starting page 12, he talks about "we start with deworming out clients".

This article also was part of his lecture in San Francisco organized by ILADS, at around the same time with ILADS members present.

All I have to say, to get the larvae and out of the brain and elsewhere,
we will need to go beyond Humaworm and Dr. Natura which really are colon cleanses. He just put a family member on 3 months of Alinia (the second time after an earlier 20 day protocol) - that's how serious the problem is, as well as another friend who had been battling Lyme and metals for years. The parasites are holding things up!!!!! and with them the toxic metals. They are very, very smart and will survive unless
we make a bold move. I don't think a toxic body can ever heal.

Take care.

http://www.klinghardtneurobiology.com/chronicillness.htm

Please read the article very carefully. He also talks about the KPU way back then.

[ 05-26-2010, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: GiGi ]

GiGi
Member # 259

http://www.alternative-doctor.com/allergies/parasites.htm

For Alinia, scroll down

massman
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Gigi !

A great Saturday morning read with such pretty pictures [Wink] [Eek!]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sandyk
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17959

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sandyk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,

New to learning about the parasite/worm thing, but I am suspect that this may be playing a part in my husband's pancreatitis problems..

Can someone tell me where this "Dr. K" is located??

Thanks,
Sandy

Posts: 159 | From Toms River, NJ | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sandyk
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17959

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sandyk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,

New to learning about the parasite/worm thing, but I am suspect that this may be playing a part in my husband's pancreatitis problems..

Can someone tell me where this "Dr. K" is located??

Thanks,
Sandy

Posts: 159 | From Toms River, NJ | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wtl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19883

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wtl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow...perfect timing. Thanks, GiGi.
Posts: 822 | From midwest | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

He's in Washington Sandy. Impossible to see though. He's got waiting lists that go on for years I believe.
wtl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19883

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wtl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by seekhelp:
He's in Washington Sandy. Impossible to see though. He's got waiting lists that go on for years I believe.

Not sure about years but you usually see his PA first - two weeks ago they had a spot in August. I believe he is out of the country every other month and quite a busy guy to catch.
Posts: 822 | From midwest | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sandyk
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17959

We are currently seeing Dr. H in NY. We never made it back for our follow up visit because 2 weeks into treatment he got pancreatitis for the 4th time.

No one knows why.

I have a call into them to see if they did do parasite/worm testing initially. Someone told me they do it right off the bat, but I'm not sure.

But I also heard the test are unreliable.. so.. I'm just not sure how to be sure.. I'll wait to hear from them..

keltyl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keltyl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not so. I go there also, and they aren't into the parasite thing. I've begged and begged. They did stool testing, that's it.

I've decided I'm on my own for it.

Posts: 847 | From upstateNY | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NanaB
Member # 26227

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NanaB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Parasites do, indeed, exist. My niece finished nursing school a year ago. One time she observed brain surgery. She told my mom there was a huge worm on this man's brain - or maybe it was more than one. She told my mom, "Grandma, I've never seen such a big worm in my life!" Yep, brain surgeons apparently see worms on the brain all of the time. YUCK!

Can someone PM me and tell me who Dr. K is? I would really like to know who this is and if they have a book or something I can read on this subject.

--------------------
Dx with Lyme & homozygous for MTHFR. Antibiotics & nutritional IV's didn't help.

Posts: 57 | From Kansas | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massman
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr. K has trained others. Access his site + search.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Dr. K. is by far my favorite man. He did indeed help to get me well from a severe case of real- life- bulls- eye- no- guess- Lyme that was missed by other doctors. This was at a time in 1998 when hardly anybody in the Lyme community talked about environmental toxicity, i.e. toxic metals, dental problems, root canals, parasites, and all the accompanying problems that result in Lyme.

http://www.neuraltherapy.com/LymeALookBeyond6.pdf

Read his publication in 2004, Lyme Disease: A look Beyond Antibiotics -

Most of my posts reflect what I learned during my treatment and what he teaches. Do a search here under my name. His most recent protocol has been very streamlined - an accumulation of all that was learned over the last ten years. Parasites are definitely in the forefront of treatment. In fact he treats parasites a second and third time -
That is the reason I have been posting about that here for all the years.

Take care.

seekhelp
Member # 15067

GiGi, do you know if the bigshot LLMDs like Dr. H would ever pick up the phone and learn from Dr. K? If he's the leading alternative doctor in the world and so many LLMDs are open to everything, why won't they believe the parasite problem more and Dr. K's other treatment philosophies. It's odd to me.
canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
seek,

Most LLMD's want the PROOF!

Thus, you see the shotty stool tests done.

And if it's negative... they move on.

My LLMd was the same way.

Even mentioning parasites seemed to bug him (no pun intended)

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

The proof will be in the toilet if Gael and GiGi and Dr. K are correct, right?
canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With all of this in mind, GiGi...

Dosn't Zhangs Protocol sound tempting?

Considering he uses high doses of Alinia for extended periods of time.

Everything I read as far as parasites go... has alinia as the #1 treatment (hits the most pathogens)

When using garlic... is it wise to pulse it?
3 months on, 1 month off?
1 month on, 1 week off?

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MariaA
Member # 9128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MariaA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Allicin, not Alinia...

totally different stuff.

--------------------
Symptom Free!!! Thank you all!!!!

Find me at Lymefriends, I post under the same name.
diet: http://lymefriends.ning.com/group/healthylowcarbrecipes
Homemade Probiotics thread
Herbal Links Thread

Posts: 2552 | From San Francisco | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Alinia is what Allicin converts to, correct?

I have Biopure Garlic (Alinian)

I guess I thought that was Zhangs garlic

GiGi
Member # 259

Dr. K's parasite protocol includes artemisinin as well as several pharmaceuticals (albendazole, biltrizide, Alinia) addressing smaller parasites first and then moving on to alinia in high amounts or lesser amounts but for several months depending on the infestation. And don't anyone think because you can't see it in the toilet that they are not there.

He uses garlic (that is what I used in huge amounts for a couple of years), but that addresses other factors rather than the parasites and worms. This is a constant play of back and forth -- metals test positive - parasites and worms test positive - and energetic testing reveals what is more of a priority.

Alinia and allicin are not related. Alinia is a pharmaceutical drug that was widely used for AIDS as Daxon. He also incorporates high amounts of artemisinin in the whole protozoa, babesia, worm, parasite approach. The PDR talks about 3 days for Alinia and that is all most insurance will pay. Some pay for more.

Seek, Dr. K. invited Dr.C. years ago to his Lyme seminar as a speaker about his Lyme approach. He declined. I think I was searching the ILADS guidelines for several years until finally, I believe in 05, the word mercury appeared. Dr. K. and Dr. B. have met, at about the time Dr. B. retired due to cancer. They exchanged a lot of info at that time as they were both invited to some think tank meeting, and liked each other. Yes, it is too bad. The text of Looking Beyond Antibiotics
was Dr. K's speech when he was invited by the other side to a conference in San Francisco with ILADS members in attendance.
He sent me the draft before the event because he wanted my input because as he said "it is your story". I was a perfect guinea pig because I had just about everything wrong with me.

Many of the parasites are so tiny that you will never find them in the toilet!

Dr. K. likes Zhang's artemisinin, but does not use his garlic. It is difficult to find genuinely organic freeze dried garlic. I did a brief stint with Zhang products under Dr. K's direction, but as a whole it did not work for me. Energetic testin (ART) reveals early what works and what doesn't.

How can anyone succeed without energetic testing? ART. Shooting in the dark. Mostly guessing.

Take care.

Take care.

sandyk
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17959

I know there are many different treatments/ protocols for parasites as you are all discussing.. but my husband has had pancreatitis 4 times now during abx treatment and is NOT open to take anything including the entire regimen Horowitz gave us until he heals for at least 3-4 months.

I don't blame him, it has been a horrible ordeal. Especially reluctant to continue since NO ONE including all the best pancreatic specialists know whey he is getting it.

It could be the ABX, but would be very rare, it could have been his gall bladder which they just took out but had no problems with it the first 3 times.

BUT parasites can be in the bile duct and can DEFINITELY cause pancreatitis.. huummmm

my question is.. is there any definitive test for parasites? even if Horowitz just wants to do the stool test - I could possibly go elsewhere?

Then I can say.. HERE! you have PARASITES.. now let's treat them - or is it unable to be detected??

glm1111
Member # 16556

Sandy,

If your husband will only treat himself with proof, I would pursue ongoing Ova $ Parasite testing several times or even longer until they show up.

I think Smokey Mountain labs is a good lab for that. Maybe GiGi and others know of some other proficient labs that are more accurate for parasites.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

canefan17
Member # 22149

GiGi,

Dr B had/has cancer?

lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gigi wrote

quote:
How can anyone succeed without energetic testing? ART. Shooting in the dark. Mostly guessing.
Would like to ask, which is more important diagnostically. Energetic testing or a stool sample? If you can do energetic testing it is a lot cheaper then constantly going to labs. Ah, but first you have to believe energetic testing is a viable approach. Also, energetic testing can be done on a whim. A stool sample requires scheduling of labs and the problems of false positives and negatives.

If you are strategically looking to get well and you looked at the expense and pitfalls of either approach. How can you best spend money to get well?

I don't believe there is a test that can certify accurately what parasites you might have. But if you could trust energetic testing and you test a need for artemisin, good chance you have parasites. To corroborate your results, find a practioner who does energetic testing or an asyra, EDS, etc... and see if they have the same results.

Then test other substances such as garlic, alinia, ... and you could get closer to what your body needs to fight the invader. This is the method I've used.

If you want to fight parasites, it might be more important to know what to take to get rid of it. Instead of worrying about what parasite it is.

As far as accuracy of testing, you'll find many who had tests done and they didn't find anything only to discover down the road -- it was tape worm or liver fluke -- something you can see! But when you can't see it more often the case, how accurate is getting information back from a stool sample, 50%, 60%, 70%, 80%, 90% -- maybe not at all?

I bet nobody knows! If the information makes you guess how good will the treatment be?

If you want to get well and conserve resources for treatment, gee, my first choice would be energetic testing first. And, also believe the best and cheapest energetic testing is shear intuition. Letting your heart guide you first then follow with your head. However, that sounds far too mystical to some -- they only believe what they see or what they are told.

I do pray medical diagnostic methods improve for parasites, viruses and infection, just don't believe in them completely -- just as a guide only.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2148 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

The parasites are going to survive all of us - they have the intelligence and ability to change their coat. Have fun searching through a mass if you don't know what you are looking for.

If your body, however, is starving even after you are loading up on nutrients year after year, day after day, it is a given that something is getting there before you do. Often it starts with allergic dysregulations leading to malabsorption and leaky gut.

Why not get a hair mineral test and see what it looks like! It's one of the best indicators of metal toxicity and uninvited guests!($46 Doctor's Data). Next - why not then get rid of the allergies? (www.allergie-immun.de the only one worldwide - haven't found another one like it yet)

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Bob about the testing. It is not always accurate... Just because it's done in a scientific lab doesn't mean that they don't make mistakes.

I have to add that my Asyra test wasn't accurate, either. It completely missed parasites. The only way I found out about my parasite issue is by doing a Hulda Clark style liver cleanse. I really couldn't believe it but I saw them. I'm sure now that many of us have parasites - the ones you see & the ones you don't.

At this point, I do my own medical dowsing. I don't know if it's 100% accurate but it's a place to start. One way to find out if you have some parasites is to just take some green, black walnut hulls, wormwood, & cloves. There are many inexpensive brands of these herbs. It's a popular combination. I found that the herb caps were more effective than the tincture.

I took them for about 2 weeks & got quite ill. Then, I saw them coming out of me. I would be cautious about doing the Hulda Clark liver cleanse but the herbs are a pretty easy way to see what you may have. I would do the parasite herbs prior to any liver cleanse.

Then, about a year later my doctor said he suspected I might have babesia. I don't have any typical symptoms. He wanted me to take abx but I'm not too keen on them. In any case, I got into researching artemesia. I started taking it & it's bringing my treatment to a whole other level.

I'm not sure if I have babesia because artemesia can treat many various ailments - parasites, babesia, malaria, retroviruses, cancer... For me, time will tell.

I sent my doctor a bunch of photos of what came out of me & he didn't know what to say. I'm not sure what the long term toxicity of taking the drugs is - so, I'm going to stick with the herbs for now.

Often, herbs take longer than drugs to work. I think it's really worthwhile to do something to treat parasites. I'm just speaking from my own hard won experience.

I just heard about someone who had to get their gall bladder removed (non-Lyme patient). This guy was known to eat sushi alot... Do you think any doctor would have suspected parasites? I doubt it.

This is something we have to do on our own.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

What's yalls opinion of Caprasite?

http://www.transformyourhealth.com/capra/caprasite.htm

lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really believe in multiple forms of energetic testing in combination. Personally I believe strongly in dowsing, pendulums, intuition along with ART / kiniesiology and electronic diagnostics.

the problem is accuracy in any form of testing, if it is good information, it is worth its weight in gold. Bad information means treating phantoms or non-existing conditions, could make things worse.

So overall, it is best to get a good dianostic first and getting a hair analysis is a good start. But in a hair analysis if your calcium is high and potassium is low, well you can easily speculate on some kind of pathogen causing you issues. And 49 dollars, it would be silly not to take advantage of that test.

Things to look at in a hair analysis:

zinc level if it is low
copper if high

metals : of any kind and if mercury is normal or low -- don't trust it (get some OSR and challenge it for 3 months and test again)

potassium levels if normal, your hydation level is probably ok, if low -- not sooo much -- you could be dehydrated and have white tongue from dehydation alone.

there are others to be concerned with : those were some insights I've had.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2148 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

canefan : I like caprasite, I think its a great product and I've used it in the past. But there are many good products, this is where energetic testing might help. If you have a practioner who does energetic testing, test with the product to see if it agrees with you.

--------------------
Bob

canefan17
Member # 22149

ok thanks.

What's yalls opinion of Enula?

Sixgoofy had good success with enula.

And I noticed it's in Cowden's protocol

sandyk
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17959

Gigi mentions Metal Toxicity and Allergies... is that a symptom of parasites?
My husbands Lead and Mercury levels are very elevated and his food allergy test came back and he is allergic to EVERYTHING, especially Milk and Beef.

Is that a clue... for me, the clueless?

canefan17
Member # 22149

sandy,

Most Lymies have their fair share of allergies (food, ingredients, etc)

Our immune systems/guts have become so destroyed and overloaded with toxins that they stop recognizing certain substances.

Ingesting these allergic substances could result in auto-immune reactions.

As far as I know.. Allergie_immune reprograms the immune system to better recognize things (metals, foods, parasites, pathogens)

Allergie-Immune itself is a German treatment? I think.

So we don't have much experience with it, other than the 10000000 page thread ongoing here at Lyment : )

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I first took enula it caused me to purge my bowels. I didn't know I had parasites at the time. I didn't see anything unusual, though. The enula was very strong for me but I don't know if it actually killed anything.

I think I had liver flukes - so, they aren't like seeing a 6 ft. worm in the toilet... Caprasite seems good. It's good to have a number of different things to try so they don't build up a resistance. The green, black walnut hulls, cloves, & wormwood are a very good, simple combo to start off with. These herbs cover a wide variety of bugs.

I've also heard that Raintree has some very good herbal combos for parasites. I haven't tried them yet.

I also did an intestinal cleanse after the green, black walnut hulls, cloves, & wormwood. I like Dr. Schulze's intestinal cleanse #2. It's got some different binders all combined. It pulled alot of toxic junk out of me.

I don't know if it's good to combine binders with the killing herbs. I think Humaworm does that. It may be better to separate the binders from the killers & do each process separately.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keltyl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keltyl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's so hard for me to read alot, and I'm so fr***** confused as to what the best place to start in self-treating parasites would be.

My LD is not one that is in to parasites and does not see it a s a major problem. He is one of the better ones, just don't understand how he can not see it as being very important.

So I'm on my own and don't know where to begin!

Posts: 847 | From upstateNY | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Sandy,

Allergies can be a MAJOR symptom of parasites. Have you checked the humaworm symptom list?

Ketyl.

Just start with one of the antiparasitic cleanses. The three herbs that are most important in getting rid of parasites are wormwood, black walnut hull and cloves.

Hulda Clarks cleanse would be a very good start. Just keep in mind that it's not a one shot deal. Check out Humaworm also.

Gae

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

sparkle7
Member # 10397

The green, black walnut hulls, cloves, & wormwood are a very good, simple combo to start off with. These herbs cover a wide variety of bugs.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement