LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Bugs swimming in visual field. Anyone???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bugs swimming in visual field. Anyone???
NMN
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11007

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NMN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

My eyes are filled with swimming worm like things. Its not floaters by the way which I also have a million of. I am stumped and wonder if it could be bartonella I am seeing.

Does anyone else see these things and has anyone ever gotten rid of them?

Most of my symptoms are visual and neuro visual, light sensitivity, floaters, blurry vision.

Thanks

--------------------
Pos BB and Bart(Q & H IGG pos)
Began treat 1 year after start of illness. Diagnosed Feb 2007.

Posts: 648 | From Ireland | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I have them. I am well, but they are still there, but not as prominent as before.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Maybe these are not typical floaters but floaters can take on various shapes.

You should have your eye doctor take a look as, sometimes, it can be serious. But your eye doctor needs to see first and then can instruct you as to when to tell the difference in if this is serious or not.

VITREOUS ? It could be a tear in the vitreous tissue of the eye and it could be an emergency situation - or just a new "batch" of floaters. But an eye doctor would need to take a look with magnification.

While spirochetes can affect the eyes, bacteria would be far too small to see in the eyes.

You should see an eye doctor to be sure it's not serious but (usually) floaters are common - to a degree as we get older. And, with lyme, we are loaded with toxins, so indirectly, I think some floaters can be a result of a toxin infection.

Antioxidants - especially bilberry - can really help to improve capillary strength. Liver support helps, too, so that toxins can get out.

See if your LLMD knows of a LL eye doctor so you can have a good look to be sure.

-====================

From Wiki - just a beginning search for "Floaters"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floaters

- PHOTO here, too. But it's just one photo. The web will bring up other ways they can look.

Floaters are deposits of various size, shape, consistency, refractive index, and motility within the eye's vitreous humour, which is normally transparent.[1][2]

They may be of embryonic origin or acquired due to degenerative changes of the vitreous humour or retina.[1] The perception of floaters is known as myodesopsia, or less commonly as myiodeopsia, myiodesopsia, or myodeopsia.[1]

Floaters appear as shadow-like shapes that appear alone or together with several others in one's field of vision.

They may appear as spots, threads, or fragments of cobwebs, which float slowly before the sufferer's eyes.[2] Since these objects exist within the eye itself, they are not optical illusions but are entoptic phenomena.

One specific type of floater is either called Muscae volitantes (from the Latin, meaning 'flying flies'), or mouches volantes (from the French), and consist of small spots.

These are present in most people's eyes and are attributed to minute remnants of embryonic structures in the vitreous humour.[1] . . . .

- Full article and references at the link above.

=======================

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=search

You can search for ``Floaters'' at the link above - ``subject line'' and find over 34 threads. Floaters are not all the same.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
http://tinyurl.com/dc9u8c (Through Amazon)

The Eye Care Revolution: Prevent and Reverse Common Vision Problems - by Robert Abel, Jr. M.D.

You can read customer reviews and look inside the book.

==============================

http://www.vrp.com/ArticlesCategory.aspx?k=Vision_Sight

32 articles on Vision and Sight

One of those:

http://www.vrp.com/articles.aspx?ProdID=art1068&zTYPE=2

Vision: Natural Ways to Maintain Eye Health - By Jim English

Excerpt:

. . . A number of nutrients have been extensively studied for their ability to treat a wide variety of vision-related conditions by preventing the damage caused by free radical activity and by enhancing the delivery of blood and oxygen to the retina to help repair tissues. . . .
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NMN
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11007

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NMN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
interesting. Do you have any other visual stuff remaining ? Thanks

--------------------

Posts: 648 | From Ireland | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NMN
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11007

Hi Keebler, Thanks...yes I have the book. Have not read it in a long time though. Might be worth another look though.

--------------------

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
squiggly things? "Scheerer's phenomenon" - "Blue field entoptic phenomenon"

==================

I don't think I wrote this post but must have forgotten to note who did. My floaters, though once intense, are all gone. Antioxidants help. The Squiggly things don't bother me as I don't just stare at an overcast sky very often.

If "squiggly things" - if they are the same as what I experience, they might be "Blue field entoptic phenomenon", also known as "Scheerer's phenomenon":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_field_entoptic_phenomenon

What I see and have described here before as "squiggly things" was this phenomenon, and I have had it as long as I can remember. I was so glad to finally have an explanation for it that wasn't illness-related.

I see it mostly on blue sky, or a light background, and it is hundreds of tiny bright objects that appear to swim and squiggle in diffeent directions, head-first. But they are just "white blood cells that move in the capillaries in front of the retina of the eye, near the macula."

==========

Oh . . . I did make a note who found the link and wrote that. From this thread:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/80272?

Nenet posted on 23 April, 2009
-

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, I am completely symptom-free ..... aside from the need for reading glasses because I'm in my late- 40's.

Interesting, Keebler's connecting them with toxins. I still do a lot of detox not only because Lyme and treatment is so toxic, but also because of our ongoing exposure to toxins. I noticed recently that I barely see some of my floaters, whereas before they used to bug me anytime I was somewhere light .... even looking at my computer screen. Now I have to look up at the sky to see them.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NMN
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11007

Hi Keebler,

Thanks. I came across that Sheerers too. It sounds interesting. If it is that then perhaps the inflammation of the eyes causes us to see these white blood cells. Its hard to believe they are not bugs though since they turned up with every thing else and I have lyme and bart.

My eyes throbb all the time with treatment so it makes be feel they are bugs.

--------------------

NMN
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11007

Thats good to hear. I am really hoping a proper chelation protocol will be the turning point for me. I cant understand why my body is hoding on to this bartonella after all this treatment. It must be bart. My eyes and shins throbb in unison when I hit it.

(edited to remove my name [Smile] )

[ 08-31-2010, 02:12 PM: Message edited by: sixgoofykids ]

--------------------

daniel
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22201

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i see the little "worms" too when i look on/into very bright "things"... but there are not only these "worms" (i think they are borrelia)... there are too some little round onces (i guess babesia or bartonella)... i dont see them always.. just sometimes.. starting to see them when i got sick!
Posts: 371 | From velocity of light | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have/had these, but are much less with tx. For me, I know for sure that what I have seen are worms and they are white.

The reason I know this is because they have exited my nose and scalp and look exactly like the ones that I was seeing in my visual field.

They are what has caused my floaters. I truly believe from my personal experience and the symptoms others have reported, that a lot of Lyme sufferers are hyperinfected with parasites/worms.

Hyperinfected meaning they are everywhere. The organs, brain, eyes, ears ,nose, spine, blood stream and muscle tissue. This could explain a lot of Lyme sufferers symptoms.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SmurfyMom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmurfyMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm with Daniel. They totally look like spirochetes and babesia as if you were looking at your blood through a microscope. I'm guessing they are floating the blood in the capillaries right there at the retina. I've also seen some bar-shaped (I'm assuming...) bacteria. I don't know if that is bart or what.
Posts: 155 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CedarWidow
Member # 27541

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CedarWidow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have always seen these. Way back when I swore I could see circular individual cells. Now, looking into a bright light, or the sun like I did yesterday, there are interesting creatures to be seen! Yes, it sounds very crazy. It's as if your eye can have a "magnifiying glass" effect to some degree, and amplifies the size of these microbes floating across the eye. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Posts: 24 | From Maine | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blinkie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blinkie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have floaters which are getting better with flagyl and IV vaco. They move and change shape and I am certain they are bb. Look just like they would under a scope.

I also have these almost clear dot things that squirm all around really fast and I only see them when I look at the sky and let me eyes go out of focus. They are a lot better now, less of them and they move slower.

Not sure what they are or if that is what you are talking about.

Six-interesting that you still have some of these eye things and you are well. I have been gauging my remission partly on my remaining eye symptoms. My floaters got so bad, I can't stand to have my eyes open sometimes. Sounds like if I'm waiting on remission for them to go away, I may be waiting forever!

I was also interested to see you post the other day that you still take t3. I think I will also have to do that.

Posts: 1104 | From N.California | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richedie
Member # 14689

Icon 1 posted      Profile for richedie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
fungus.....I read that much of what we think of as floaters are fungus!

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Doxy/Biaxin/Flagyl pulse.
Artemisinin with Doxy/Biaxin.
Period of Levaquin and Ceftin.
Then Levaquin, Bactrim and Biaxin.
Bactrim/Augmentin/Rifampin.
Mepron/Biaxin/Artemisinin/Cat's Claw
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

Posts: 1949 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am able to clear all Lyme eye symptoms, including floaters, by drinking mangosteen juice, an anti-inflammatory antioxidant juice.

There are lots of brands. I drink the one called Ultra from Trace Minerals. Vitacost offers it the cheapest. If you try it, go slowly and also drink water.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elizzza811
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24713

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elizzza811     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have them. Mine are tiny circles with a tiny 'nucleus' inside each of them. And some of these circles-with-nucleuses have transparent strings attached, usually two of them. No antibiotic yet has touched them. Mine don't seem to swim though...they simply float and move around aimlessly when I blink.
Posts: 495 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2roads
Member # 4409

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2roads     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NMN,

I think it's Bart as well.

My son is getting older and I now realize he has had a multitude of eye issues, possibly stemming from a variety of reasons.

He has terrible acuity. Far-sighted and severe astigmatism. His right eye was described to me as football shaped. I don't think the far-sightedness in that eye will ever correct as he ages. The left eye is a lesser astigmatism, and the far-sightedness is much improving.

He also has visual issues. Brain issues. We've worked on sacatics, focusing, and convergence. He still struggles with convergence. Amazing, but his divergence was impecable...off the charts. His eyes don't work well together up close. I think this could be due to the severe astgimatism, but also Bartonella. Even though we worked with the VT and tested out, the damb thing came back and he was seing two on exam in New Haven.

On top of all that, he has a frontal sinus, mucous drainage in the throat (gulping) and a cough. Also, one abnormally large tonsil which is shrinking with treatment. He complains of sticky eyes, worms in eyes, marbles and sand in eyes and he pulls his lower lid down to show me. These are tactile things. I believe all this to be parasitic. Babesia to be specific.

When I started out trouble shooting this eye issue 3.5 years ago, I never dreamed I would be pealing layers of causality. To put it frankly...it sucks.

Keep truckin'. You'll get to the bottom of it.

Hugs

Posts: 2214 | From West Chester, PA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
novy
Member # 25987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for novy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scheerer's phenomenon best describes what i experience i guess only when the conditions are right because i notice it doesn't happen all the time when looking into a bright, mostly blank field-

i also get blurry areas occasionally, where only small sections of what i look at appear fuzzy while the rest of what i'm seeing is in focus- when this happens, it makes my eye feel like it isn't moving properly, like it's straining- though that might not be what's happening and is just a sensation-

Posts: 94 | From shaker heights, ohio | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NMN
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11007

Thanks for all the replies. I have no doubt that its bugs. When I change meds they go berzerk temporarily and they move so fast its hard to pick them up, but then they eventually slow down and become more visible.

Could also be babesia ( or some sort of parasite infection) as I found they do not like art AT ALL.

I dont think any of these bugs where meant to cross the blood brain barrier so the access all areas pass which they recieved from borrelia is going to make any infection at this level difficult to eradicate.

Robin I do believe we covered mangosteen in an extensive thread a few years back [Wink] search mangosteen juice, shmangosteen juice... lol

I would really love to hear of someone who had this and cleared it. [Frown] Guess I will have to be the first then.

--------------------

NMN
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11007

I have another theory that they may actually be worms/ I know an LLMD in the UK is finding worms in the blood of his lyme/CFS/ME patients.

He is using Ivermectin for this. From my research today I think a more broad based treatment plan would be Ivermectin with Albendazole.

I am going to do a round of this and see what happens. I will report back in a few weeks on this thread. Anyone tried this combo??

http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1586882

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement