LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Little red DOTS on FEET? (UPDATED with PICTURES)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Little red DOTS on FEET? (UPDATED with PICTURES)
little_olive
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28063

Icon 5 posted      Profile for little_olive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have little red dots on the top of my feet. They cover an area of a few inches across the top, closest to the ankle. They look like a rash, and they come and go.

They are NOT always there, for instance, right now they are very faint. When they re-appear, they are not always in the same place, i.e., the spots form a different pattern each time. I've been taking pictures to document this but I can't find them right now.

They're slightly bigger than a pin-prick. It has nothing to do with broken blood vessels (already know what those look like, have that in other places) and they are NOT palpable, it's an under-the-skin type rash.

It does not itch and it does not hurt, but nonetheless it's THERE and I'm wondering what it could be? This is the same place where I got attacked by fleas a couple years ago, and I was thinking it might be scarring, until I realized they fade away and then come back.

-

Thank you for any insight

little olive

[ 10-24-2010, 01:20 AM: Message edited by: little_olive ]

--------------------
Myalgic encephalomyelitis, 2002 | Viral onset, following Hep B vaccine
Lyme since '06 | Bartonella since '08 (cured) | Mycoplasma pneumoniae since '08
IGeneX: IgM 31IND 34IND 41+ | IgG 39IND 58+ 41+++
IgG deficiencies and MTHFR 677TT mutations

Posts: 512 | From USA | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first thing that comes to mind is rocky mountain spotted fever. Pretty sure that can be chronic as well as accute.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
little_olive
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28063

Icon 1 posted      Profile for little_olive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can that be transmitted by fleas? I swear that's when this rash started... I've looked into that before but it just doesn't seem like my rash is "severe" enough to be that? It only affects my feet, too, and I thought RMSF affected the bottom/soles of the feet?

Thanks bea, just looking for answers

Posts: 512 | From USA | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richedie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14689

Icon 1 posted      Profile for richedie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bartonella

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Doxy/Biaxin/Flagyl pulse.
Artemisinin with Doxy/Biaxin.
Period of Levaquin and Ceftin.
Then Levaquin, Bactrim and Biaxin.
Bactrim/Augmentin/Rifampin.
Mepron/Biaxin/Artemisinin/Cat's Claw
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

Posts: 1949 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
little_olive
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28063

Icon 1 posted      Profile for little_olive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, really? Why have I never read that before in all of my research? Anyone else think it's the bart?

little olive

karenl
Member # 17753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karenl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cpnhelp.org
I think it is cpn.And it goes with treatment.

Posts: 1834 | From US | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
little_olive
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28063

I have returned with those pictures!

I was able to capture this three different times on camera, maybe someone will know what this is

First time:
 -  -

Second time:
 -

Third time:
 -

[Edit: new pictures below!]

[ 10-19-2011, 12:40 PM: Message edited by: little_olive ]

groovy2
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for groovy2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi--

Looks like Babs rash to me --

One thing that babs rash has is a weird nerve
thing -

when you scratch in one area of body you feel
in in another part of body--

Like scratch your are and feel it on your back=
--Jay--

Posts: 2999 | From Austin tx USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nybasketball212
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nybasketball212     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bartonella can cause a rash like this
Posts: 306 | From NY | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bart also seems to like the feet and ankles for some reason. There are many things that can cause such a rash, but given it is on the feet makes me suspect Bart. It also is one of the most common co-infections.

Is there any swelling?

Dan

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imagine2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imagine2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a rash like this that wraps around both of my ankles. My llmd said it was bartonella. However, my rash doesn't come and go. It's constant.
Posts: 677 | From Virginia | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
little_olive
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28063

Wow. Most of the time it IS closest to my ankle. That's very interesting and I appreciate everyone's insight. No there is no swelling, Dan.

I do have bartonella (quintana, most likely) so this makes perfect sense. I'm so glad others with bart are having this so I don't have to wonder if it's something else!

[Smile]

--------------------
Myalgic encephalomyelitis, 2002 | Viral onset, following Hep B vaccine
Lyme since '06 | Bartonella since '08 (cured) | Mycoplasma pneumoniae since '08
IGeneX: IgM 31IND 34IND 41+ | IgG 39IND 58+ 41+++
IgG deficiencies and MTHFR 677TT mutations

richedie
Member # 14689

Icon 1 posted      Profile for richedie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have raised red dots all over my torso!

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Doxy/Biaxin/Flagyl pulse.
Artemisinin with Doxy/Biaxin.
Period of Levaquin and Ceftin.
Then Levaquin, Bactrim and Biaxin.
Bactrim/Augmentin/Rifampin.
Mepron/Biaxin/Artemisinin/Cat's Claw
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

Posts: 1949 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PainFighter
Member # 28444

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PainFighter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I pointed this out to my PA on my first visit when she was noting all my symptoms. I have noticed that this started happening in August. I can best describe them as these red dots all over my body which were not there before. they start out red and then they turn brown. I showed them to her. They are the size of a pin-needle but are enough for me to see them.
Posts: 8 | From New York | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
little_olive
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28063

I guess I should do an update on my own post.

I have tested positive for bartonella and responded favorably to treatment for it. After this post my bart symptoms skyrocketed so there was no mistaking it! I recently got reinfected via dozens of fleabites, however, and started getting the spotted rash on my feet again.

After about six months of treatment with Rifampin and Zithro, the feet spots were long gone, until this recent flea incident. 99% of these dots are always on my lower legs, but I did get bumps on my chest and hands throughout treatment--no longer have that.

But in July (prior to flea re-exposure) I started getting these red papular itchy areas around my ankles. It's a itchy, slightly raised red area, with clusters of red pinpricks in it. They did pretty much the same thing as the feet-dots did: Appear randomly, fade out, and sometimes appear in a new cluster, always on my ankle. About the size of a dime, I guess.

I had something similar happen about three weeks ago, slightly above my left knee, but I don't think it itched and it was more a linear rash than a cluster of spots.

Then last night I got another ankle-dot cluster. Trying to fgure out what it is! I took some pics but they're kind of light...

Rash on ankle:
 -  -

Rash on knee (gone now):
 -

New feet rashes:
 -  -

(If anyone says anything about my hairy legs... [tsk] lol [lol] )

sk8ter
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sk8ter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go to Dr Jones site on lyme and he has pictures you can compare with
Posts: 871 | From orange county, ca. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you been tested for RMSF?
Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cattail
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24357

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cattail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had those same little red dots only on the tops of my legs and knees (your older pictures). I took Rifampin / Zith and they never came back until I went off 7 months of those meds. I have Bart and Dr. said they were Bart.
Posts: 319 | From Mass | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IckyTicky
Member # 21466

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IckyTicky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Groovy..REALLY? I have places on my back that if you touch, I feel it in my stomach!

I have these weird red spots that come and go as well. I figured it was Bart..although the only co-infections I tested + for was RMSF and Mycoplasma.

--------------------
IGM: 18+, 23+, 30+, 31+++, 34+, 39IND, 41++, 58+++, 66+, 83-93IND
IGG: 31+, 39IND, 41+
Also positive for Mycoplasma Pneumoniae and RMSF.
Whole family of 5 dx with Lyme.

Posts: 1014 | From Texas | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cattail
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24357

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cattail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did your spots last a few days and then come in other places? Mine did.
Posts: 319 | From Mass | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
susank
Member # 22150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susank     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a similar rash on my ankles. I noticed it shortly after starting IVIG. Started with left ankle then with right. Also something on my right hand. NP had a quick look at my left ankle and said it looked like a fungus. Months later after anti-fungal gel it is still there.
Photos taken tonight for documentation and I will try to figure out how to post them.

--------------------
Pos.Bb culture 2012
Labcorp - no bands ever
Igenex - Neg. 4 times
With overall bands:
IGM 18,28,41,66 IND: 23-25,34,39
IGG 41,58 IND: 39
Bart H IGG 40

Posts: 1613 | From Texas | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
susank
Member # 22150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susank     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RMSF in Texas? I did not test for that.
Must that be done by Igenex?

--------------------
Pos.Bb culture 2012
Labcorp - no bands ever
Igenex - Neg. 4 times
With overall bands:
IGM 18,28,41,66 IND: 23-25,34,39
IGG 41,58 IND: 39
Bart H IGG 40

Posts: 1613 | From Texas | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement