Welcome to Lymenet! We are so glad that you have found us but are very sorry about the circumstances that have brought you here.
Listed below are some simple guidelines to help you place your "New" post and help our volunteers help you better.
1. Please place a ``new'' and ``separate'' post of your own rather than adding on to an existing post for the state you are seeking help in by clicking on the ``Post New Topic'' icon located on the upper right hand side above the word ``Directory''.
Also, please only place one post in the ``seeking a doctor'' section, as opposed to duplicate posts in this section or other sections, as it makes it difficult for our volunteers to help you in your search for a Lyme Literate Medical Doctor (LLMD) and also keep track of duplicate posts.
2. When placing your post, we ask that you do not mention doctor's names if you have one in mind but only the first initial of the doctor's last name and state, i.e. Dr. G in NY.
3. We only require the state or states you are searching in, as our lists are set up by states and not cities.
4. It is not necessary to include your email address in your post. Our site has a private message feature that allows us to communicate thought the web site without ever having to reveal your email address to the public or any members.
5. It would be very helpful if you would provide us with a brief description of your situation and whether your request is for a person under the age of 18, as we use different lists for adults as opposed to children and young adults.
6. Many of our members who help others on this board are very sick with Lyme Disease themselves and suffer from central nervous system and visual problems resulting in difficulty reading. We ask that you please break up your paragraphs as has been done here.
Many of us simply cannot read long paragraphs and large blocks of information. Your help and cooperation will assure that we can help you better.
We look forward to getting to know you better and thank you in advance for taking the time to read our posting guidelines.
IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE BEGINNING YOUR OWN TOPIC, LOOK IN THE UPPER RIGHT HAND PORTION OF THIS PAGE. RIGHT ABOVE "my profile", "directory", and "search" IS THE PHRASE "POST NEW TOPIC."
CLICK ON THAT AND YOU WILL BE ABLE TO POST YOUR OWN QUESTIONS AND REQUESTS.