LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter




The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive


The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Seeking a Doctor » Need opinion fast! Go to see Dr F in AZ or head east to different LLMD

 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need opinion fast! Go to see Dr F in AZ or head east to different LLMD
mjbucuk
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 843

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mjbucuk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have just set up an appt for my son's girlfriend at the end of August. I had to beg and plead to get her to agree to go. This is the absolute last doctor she will agree to go to... as too many doctors have blown her off and she has no insurance. I just need to pick the right doctor.

Oh and did I mention that we don't have anything easy to diagnose...

We have only had very low titers on IgG for Bartonella hensalae and multiple doctors have blown us off here in TX.

Several of us across 2 families are sick with something that causes bartonella symptoms including headaches, extra capillaries & veins, pain in feet to name just a few. Animals in homes have either tested 1+ (not infected) or 4+ (highly positive) at national vet labs in NJ by western blot.

My labs just came back from Igenex and they were only 1:40 IgG (which is to be considered negative). Awaiting bloodwork for 2 more people. There is a note on the labs that states that positive IgG could be cross reactive with B. quintana.

Is Dr F easy to work with? Does he require tons of lab testing?

I need someone to treat my son's girlfriend before she gets any sicker. She is headed off to college next week along with my son. I need your suggestions and opinions.

Posts: 758 | From now TX | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mbroderick
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5220

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mbroderick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you tried calling any support groups in your area? They generally have feedback on lost of local docs. There's a link on the upper left side of this page. Call rather than email if a phone number is listed . . .
Posts: 2097 | From PA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is info on Galaxy lab. They have made a specialty of this disease. But expensive, I hear. Most knowledgeable docs go by symptoms instead.

http://www.galaxydx.com/web/

Are you thinking this is only bartonella, and not other tickborne diseases as well?

Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mjbucuk
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 843

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mjbucuk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My sons both got lyme and babesia in NJ.

After moving to TX, son #1 got a positive bartonella test; then son #2 got very sick and got many skin manifestations of bartonella.

Next, girlfriend of son #2 began to get sick; she had positive IgG for bartonella, and more recently has positive Lyme western blot (suspect that it was transferred from son via kissing ... remember we have now learned infective dose is 1 bacteria, and gums bleed more with bartonella).

I have developed symptoms, and so has girlfriend's mom. Bartonella (or whatever it is) has likely come from a cat we inherited from my third son --- cat is highly positive.

The weird thing about this cat is that it tested highly positive at national vet labs, but at galaxy labs was negative--- and it was also negative at a third lab that tried to culture the same blood sample.

We are going to give Dr F in AZ a try because we could get in to see him fairly soon. Son's girlfriend is going downhill fast with short term memory loss. She left for college today with my son. Cannot afford to have her wait until October or November to see Dr C in MO.

Posts: 758 | From now TX | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
   

Quick Reply
Message:

HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins
   


Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:


Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement

Powered by UBB.classic™ 6.7.3


The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations. If you would like to support the Network and the LymeNet system of Web services, please send your donations to:

The Lyme Disease Network of New Jersey
907 Pebble Creek Court, Pennington, NJ 08534 USA


| Flash Discussion | Support Groups | On-Line Library
Legal Resources | Medical Abstracts | Newsletter | Books
Pictures | Site Search | Links | Help/Questions
About LymeNet | Contact Us

© 1993-2020 The Lyme Disease Network of New Jersey, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Use of the LymeNet Site is subject to Terms and Conditions.