LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Thought for the day....... (Page 21)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...  59  60  61   
Author Topic: Thought for the day.......
lightfoot
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lightfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thought for the day....... ``Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity.'' Louis Pasteur

--------------------
Healing Smiles.....lightfoot [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Posts: 6685 | From CO | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lightfoot
Member # 2536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lightfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thought for the day....... "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." Calvin Coolidge

--------------------

Posts: 6685 | From CO | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "He who forgives ends the argument." African Proverb

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "I forgive everyone and everyone forgives me. The gates swing open for my good." Florence Scovel Shinn

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "If you concentrate on finding whatever is good in every situation, you will discover that your life will suddenly be filled with gratitude, a feeling that nurtures the soul." Rabbi Harold Kushner

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "Reality is always kinder than the story we tell about it." Byron Katie

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "Let us not paralyze our capacity for good by brooding of man's capacity for evil." David Sarnoff

--------------------

Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lightfoot? Is that really you?

Bless your heart!

Every time I see this post I think .. wow... there is lightfoot. She started this so long ago. I sure do miss her and wish she was still here.

Little did I know,

I also see the HIGH number of posts on it and get scared to open it because often time is tight and I don't have time to "catch up" on the post like I would like to.

Now that I took a peek and see you, you dear one.. and one of my favorite things... inspirational and other quotes.... I will be sure to visit.

Thanks for sharing these. I smiled.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20332 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... ``Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious ambiguity.'' Gilda Radner

Tincup!!

Thanks for your lovely post! Yup, I 'bin' here all along. Great to 'see' you too.

Glad you are enjoying the quotes.....they're great for maintaining sanity, whatever that is. [Smile]

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "Nothing is so strong as gentleness." Ralph W. Sockman

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... ``If you leave the pool you have dug for yourself and go out into the river of life then life has an astonishing way of taking care of you, because then there is no taking care on your part." Krishnamurti

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "The marathon is a charismatic event. It has everything. It has drama. It has competition. It has camaraderie. It has heroism. Every jogger can't dream of being an Olympic champion, but he can dream of finishing a marathon." Fred Lebow (New York City Marathon co-founder)

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "As you sit on the hillside, or lie prone under the trees of the forest, or sprawl wet-legged on the shingly beach of a mountain stream, the great door, that does not look like a door, opens" Stephen Graham

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "The deeper we look into nature the more we recognize that it is full of life, and the more profoundly we know that all life is a secret, and we are all united to all this life." Albert Schweitzer

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "It takes a certain maturity of mind to accept that nature works as steadily in rust as in rose petals." Esther Warner Dendel

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "I am awed by the universe, puzzled by it, and sometimes angry at a natural order that brings such pain and suffering. Yet any emotion or feeling I have toward the cosmos seems to be reciprocated by neither benevolence nor hostility but just silence. The universe appears to be a perfectly neutral screen onto which I can project any passion or attitude, and it supports them all." Heinz R. Pagels

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "For those who have Awareness, a hint is quite enough. For the multitudes of heedless mere knowledge is useless." Haji Bektash Veli

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "Rain puts a hole in stone because of its constancy, not its force. I just kept knocking on doors until the right one opened." H. Joseph Gerber

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "Communication leads to community, that is, to understanding, intimacy and mutual valuing." Rollo May

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

9-4-09
Thought for the day....... "Fable is more historical than fact, because fact tells us about one man and fable tells us about a million men." G.K. Chesterton

I'll see you when I return from a trip to the hills, 9-14-09.

Thought for the day....... "Courage is more exhilarating than fear and in the long run it is easier. We do not have to become heroes over night. Just a step at a time, meeting each thing that comes up, seeing it is not as dreadful as it appeared, discovering we have the strength to stare it down." Eleanor Roosevelt

It was a beautiful trip. The aspen were in their glory as we drove back. Good to 'see' you all again! : ~ )))))

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "To go against the dominant thinking of your friends, of most of the people you see every day, is perhaps the most difficult act of heroism you can perform." Theodore H. White

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "I am of certain convinced that the greatest heroes are those who do their duty in the daily grind of domestic affairs whilst the world whirls as a maddening dreidel." Florence Nightingale

(A dreidel {Yiddish: דרײדל dreydl, Hebrew: סביבון‎ Sevivon} is a four-sided spinning top, played with during Hanukkah.)

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are." e.e. cummings

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "If my mind doesn't go out to disturb the noise, the noise won't disturb me." Ajahn Chah

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "You are not what happens; you are the space in which it happens. You are not your thoughts; they come and go. You are the vastness in which these thoughts appear and disappear because underneath all your thinking there is the stillness of pure being, pure consciousness, the timeless dimension of yourself." Eckhart Tolle

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "The nature of mind is the background to the whole of life and death, like the sky, which enfolds the whole universe in its embrace." Sogyal Rinpoche (Glimpse after Glimpse)

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "Compassion automatically brings happiness and calmness. Then, even if you receive disturbing news, it will be easier to take, as your mind is still." Dalai Lama

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "You've got to drop something. You've got to drop illusions. You don't have to add anything in order to be happy; you've got to drop something. Life is easy, life is delightful. It's only hard on your illusions, your ambitions, your greed, your cravings." Anthony de Mello

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "There are no perfect human beings! Persons can be found who are good, very good indeed, in fact, great. There do in fact exist creators, seers, sages, saints, shakers, and movers...even if they are uncommon and do not come by the dozen. And yet these very same people can at times be boring, irritating, petulant, selfish, angry, or depressed. To avoid disillusionment with human nature, we must first give up our illusions about it." Abraham Maslow

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for you today....... "Perfection is not when there is no more to add, but no more to take away." Antoine de Saint-Exupery

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "I have realized that the past and future are real illusions, that they exist in the present, which is what there is and all there is." Alan Watts

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face....we must do that which we think we cannot." Eleanor Roosevelt

--------------------

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These are nice - thank you - you are indeed light of foot.

One of my favorites:

Don't agonize; organize.

Posts: 13012 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "In the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, and sharing of pleasures. For in the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed." Kahlil Gibran

Robin....thanks for the great quote!!!

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

9-28-09
Thought for the day....... "The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightening and the lightening bug." Mark Twain

9-29-09
Thought for the day....... "When written in Chinese the word crisis is composed to two characters. One represents danger, and the other represents opportunity." John F. Kennedy

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "A friend is a person with whom I may be sincere. Before him I may think aloud." Ralph Waldo Emerson

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "A power struggle collapses when you withdraw your energy from it. Power struggles become uninteresting to you when you change your intention from winning to learning about yourself." Gary Zukav & Linda Francis

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "I'd put my money on the sun and solar energy. What a source of power! I hope we don't have to wait until oil and coal run out before we tackle that." Thomas Edison, 1931

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

10-3-09
Thought for the day....... "In dwelling, live close to the ground. In thinking, keep to the simple. In conflict, be fair and generous. In governing, don't try to control. In work, do what you enjoy. In family life, be completely present." Lao Tzu

10-4-09
Thought for the day....... "The man who is completely wise and virtuous has no need of glory, except so far as it disposes and eases his way to action by the greater trust that it procures him." Plutarch

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "Deep listening is miraculous for both listener and speaker. When someone receives us with open-hearted, non-judging, intensely interested listening, our spirits expand." Sue Patton Thoele

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "If you've lost focus, just sit down and be still. Take the idea and rock it to and fro. Keep some of it and throw some away, and it will renew itself. You need do no more." Clarissa Pinkola Estes

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "If you have it and you know you have it, then you have it. If you have it and don't know you have it, you don't have it.
If you don't have it but you think you have it, then you have it." Jackie Gleason

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "When we're interested in something, everything around us appears to refer to it (the mystics call these phenomena 'signs', the skeptics 'coincidence', and psychologists 'concentrated focus', although I've yet to find out what term historians should use)." Paulo Coelho

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "All living souls welcome whatever they are ready to cope with; all else they ignore, or pronounce to be monstrous and wrong, or deny to be possible." George Santayana

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "We don't need to increase our goods nearly as much as we need to scale down our wants. Not wanting something is as good as possessing it." Donald Horban

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "Experiences of truth have been given different names by different spiritual cultures. Heaven, nirvana, resurrection, enlightenment, satori, samadhi--all are names pointing to this supreme, un-nameable, divine beauty, empty of suffering and filled with grace." Gangaji

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "People's minds are changed through observation and not through argument." Will Rogers

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all." Stanley Horowitz

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." Anna Freud

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "An inventor is simply a person who doesn't take his education too seriously. You see, from the time a person is six years old until he graduates form college he has to take three or four examinations a year. If he flunks once, he is out. But an inventor is almost always failing. He tries and fails maybe a thousand times. It he succeeds once then he's in. These two things are diametrically opposite. We often say that the biggest job we have is to teach a newly hired employee how to fail intelligently. We have to train him to experiment over and over and to keep on trying and failing until he learns what will work." Charles F. Kettering

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "Know that it is good to work. Work with love, and think of liking it when you do it. It is easy and interesting. It is a privilege. There is nothing hard about it but your anxious vanity and fear of failure." Brenda Ueland

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "We shape clay into a pot, but it is the emptiness inside that holds whatever we want." Lao Tzu

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "And while I stood there I saw more than I can tell and I understood more than I saw; for I was seeing in a sacred manner the shapes of all things in the spirit, and the shape of all shapes as they must live together like one being." Black Elk

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "Your sacred space is where you can find yourself again and again." Joseph Campbell

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "We commonly think of freedom as the ability to define alternatives and choose between them. The creative mind exceeds this liberty in being able to redefine itself and reality at large, generating whole new sets of alternatives." Robert Grudin

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "Creativity is the power to connect the seemingly unconnected." William Plomer

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "The path is made by walking." African Proverb

--------------------

njlymemom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15088

Icon 1 posted      Profile for njlymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lightfoot- just an FYI - I love these posts
thank you!

--------------------
This is NOT medical advice - and should NOT be used to replace your MD's advice. Info is only the opinion of those who publish the site.

The shortest way to do many things is to do only one thing at a time.

cb

Posts: 669 | From somewherebetweentherocks | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "Civilization exists only with geologic consent subject to change without notice." Will Durant

Hi njlymemom! Thanks loads for your comment. I'm glad you are enjoying them. I'm hooked on quotes.
[Smile]

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "Action and reaction, ebb and flow, trial and error, change - this is the rhythm of living. Out of our over-confidence, fear; out of our fear, clearer vision, fresh hope. And out of hope, progress." Bruce Barton

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... ''Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Appreciate your friends. Continue to learn. Do what you love. Live as this is all there is.'' Mary Ann Radmacher

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "I do not believe that sheer suffering teaches. If suffering alone taught, all the world would be wise, since everyone suffers. To suffering must be added mourning, understanding, patience, love, openness and the willingness to remain vulnerable." Joseph Addison

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "If you want to reach a state of bliss, then go beyond your ego and the internal dialogue. Make a decision to relinquish the need to control, the need to be approved, and the need to judge. Those are the three things the ego is doing all the time. It's very important to be aware of them every time they come up." Deepak Chopra

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "Advice is like snow - the softer it falls, the longer it dwells, and the deeper it sinks into the mind." Samuel Taylor Coleridge

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "Few great men would have got past personnel." Paul Goodman

Or women : ~ ))))

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "If I have ever made any valuable discoveries, it has been owing more to patient attention, than to any other talent." Isaac Newton

--------------------

daisyrlb
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyrlb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lightfoot, you sure are faithful.

I'm reading your posts, it'll take me a while to catch up.

So much wisdom. Where in the world do you find these gems?

Have a great weekend.

Posts: 2188 | From Oklahoma | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "Silence is like a cradle holding our endeavors and our will; a silent spaciousness sustains us in our work and at the same time connects us to larger worlds that, in the busyness of our daily struggle to achieve, we have not yet investigated. Silence is the soul's break for freedom." David Whyte

Hi daisyrlb! So glad that you share my love of quotes and the inspiration they provide! I am always on the lookout for quotes but my largest source is the internet. I spend time relaxing and gathering quotes. As I collect them I store them in categories. I have an immense inventory to choose from. Then I just go with the flow. [Smile]

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... ``There is not one big cosmic meaning for all, there is only the meaning we each give to our life, an individual meaning, an individual plot, like an individual novel, a book for each person." Anais Nin

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "No matter how true I believe what I am writing to be, if the reader cannot also participate in that truth, then I have failed." Madeleine L'Engle

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... ``The first duty of love is to listen.'' Paul Tillich

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "Listening is a magnetic and strange thing, a creative force. The friends who listen to us are the ones we move toward. When we are listened to, it creates us, makes us unfold and expand." Karl Menninger

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "Excellence is to do a common thing in an uncommon way." Booker T. Washington

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "We cannot swing up on a rope that is attached only to our own belt." William Ernest Hocking

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "Your soul doesn't care what you do for a living - and when your life is over, neither will you. Your soul cares only about what you're being while you're doing whatever you're doing...." Neale Donald Walsch

--------------------

This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...  59  60  61   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement