LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Poll : Did you Have Rash OR Not From A Tick Bite /Rash Yes or Rash No (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Poll : Did you Have Rash OR Not From A Tick Bite /Rash Yes or Rash No
pq
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes
Posts: 2708 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Virgil and Mary
Member # 9602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Virgil and Mary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes,Virgil had a large rash

--------------------
Virgil and Mary

Posts: 58 | From Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clpgotlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7875

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clpgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, had rash, but duck said it didnt look like lyme to him. Since I was pregnant he decided to play it on the safe side-10 days of Amoxicillin!That was 13 years ago.
Cindy

--------------------
Cindy

Posts: 227 | From VA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweet pea
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6495

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweet pea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Started with a dark pink bite the size of a mosquito bite. Next day had light pink ring, the size of a nickel. Started doxy that day, rash was gone within a week.
Posts: 449 | From Vermont | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heiwalove
Member # 6467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heiwalove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no.

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/violinexplosion

Posts: 1848 | From seattle, wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hshbmom
Member # 9478

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hshbmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bulls-eye NO for 2

Rash YES for 2

me...multiple tick bites throughout life; 17 hours after removing a tick I developed a 3" rash with a 0.5" dark red raised center...the outer area was sunburn pink...Rash expanded to a 7 X 4" oval. Outer pink area faded in 3 days. Rash was itchy.

I had another bite the week before and developed a small red welt (< 0.5 inch)...started having achy hips a couple of days before I got the 2nd bite & developed the rash.

Went to a duck the next morning to show him the rash...
Let's submit an antidody titer. It's negative you're fine.>

Over the next few days I had an achy leg at night, a painful ankle, and mild neck pain. Also had quick mild neuro signs...typing, spelling, and proof-reading skills plummeted within a week. Repeated myself & had trouble finding the right words.

I contracted Lyme & babesia.

Dd #1...had a solid red rash the size of a chicken egg at the bite...Rash was itchy. Having neuro signs that might be related to Lyme. Results pending

Dd #1 was sick this past year with intermittent vague symptoms, such as low grade fever, headaches, stomach aches, and bright red cheeks. She missed 19 days of school due to these problems.

Dd #3...was breastfeeding when I had the rash. She's had intermittant low-grade fevers, dry cough, horribly foul breath (necrotic), and has been very clingy. She hasn't been tested or treated.

Dd#2 missed several days of school last year with symptoms similar to those of dd #1. She hasn't been tested or treated.

Hubby is now complaining of arthritic aches & pains he's never had before.

Other children are fine.

I am glad I got the rash; glad I took photos; and glad I found a LLMD quickly.

Thank you LymeNet members for helping the newbies!

Nancy

[ 09. August 2006, 09:35 PM: Message edited by: hshbmom ]

Posts: 1672 | From AL/WV/OH | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pitnum
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4906

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pitnum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, had bulls-eye following known tick bite.
Bulls-eye developed 2 weeks after tick was removed.

Started out about the size of a dime and gradually progressed to the size of a large grapefruit. It took about 6 months to go away.

Posts: 195 | From NJ | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeFighter
Member # 9354

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeFighter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope, No rash...
Saw the tick...dad removed it and my back hurt for 2 weeks after! I asked my primary care physician if my symptoms could have anything to do with the tick bite...she said no way.

I didn't know much about Lyme back then when I was 14 years old...neither did my parents.

But because of one doctor's ignorance...I have suffered for more than 7 years from this "invisible" disease.

Thank goodness I stumbled upon a great caring LLMD and he found what has been causing my suffering for so long.

It's kind of ironic that my first question over 7 years ago was "Could it be from the tick bite?" Then my parents and I search and search and I go through hell and lose all of my teenage years...Then I hear this from my LLMD (March of this year) "You're NOT crazy...it's been the Lyme, Babesia and Bartonella all along." That damn tick!

Wow...sorry this post it so long...went off on a tangent!
~LymeFighter

--------------------
"...Celebrate the bitter, the tart, the sweet of the here and now, all before it succumbs to the pull of what was and vanishes into a fog of what might have been." ~Susan R. Norton

Posts: 21 | From Northern California | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up for weekend ers

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tic chick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tic chick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rash was called "necrobiosis lipoidica" by the duck I saw back in late 1980's. Not a bullseye but, was bit by unknown bug in woods (lower legs.)
Not yet officially dx but Lyme sxs came on about ~4 years ago. [dizzy]

--------------------
Adversity is the diamond dust heaven polishes it's jewels with. Robert Leighton

Daily world-wide prayers welcome for the Lyme Community - every day at 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time and 9:00 p.m. Eastern Time all faiths welcome!

Posts: 309 | From S.E. Mass | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
terrirdls1
Member # 9810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for terrirdls1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No and i have no idea when I was bite and I know it was not from a tick. It must have been from a mosquito or someting else. terrirdls
Posts: 45 | From Redlands, Calif | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StuckonLyme
Member # 8196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StuckonLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YES, I still have a little white ring by my belly button that dosent tan where it bit me, its really weird. IT HAS A SMALL DOT IN THE MIDDLE.
Posts: 82 | From Northeast WI | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cactus
Member # 7347

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cactus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No bullseye

Lots of other strange rashes, including "ringworm"... hmmm...

--------------------
Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again? - A.A. Milne

Posts: 1987 | From No. VA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarahinnewyork
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7179

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sarahinnewyork     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no bullseye
no rash

Posts: 119 | From new york, NY, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiden424
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7633

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aiden424     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, had a big bulls-eye rash on the top of my right foot. Never did see a tick. Doctor thought it might be Lyme but ELISA test came back negative, and was then told it was granuloma.

Kathy

--------------------
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Posts: 804 | From South Dakota | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
concerned mother
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for concerned mother     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
son had no bulls eye rash but did have rash on back that looked like eczema.

Amy

--------------------
Amy Holloway

Posts: 255 | From Michigan | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymelass
Member # 9610

Icon 8 posted      Profile for lymelass     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I had a rash. "This is not the kind of rash we worry about".

The 'handy dandy' reference guide has been used to discredit and deny me treatment on more than one occasion.

Every time I see that book being whipped from a pocket or little cubby hole I get that 'sinking feeling' of 'Here we go again'.

I never want to see a duck again for the rest of my life!!!

(Sorry, it's 5:00AM, I'm a tad emotional)

Posts: 15 | From USA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KENNEDY
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KENNEDY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes
After 1-1/2 to 2 wks of backache, fatigue started and low grade fever,
then taking a shower it stung my back so I did find a bulls-eye rash about
7 inches in diameter on shoulder / armpit area of my back.
I wonder how many people say that they did'nt get a rash but had one where it's
not easy to see. If I had taken a bath instead, I would have never known it was there.
Even after I knew it was there it didn't bother me.
Kennedy

Posts: 158 | From PA. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvmycat
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvmycat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No bite, no rash, only mysterious symptoms that piled up.

--------------------
Luvmycat

A mind is like a parachute. It only functions when it's open.

Posts: 265 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nancy Feick
Member # 6311

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nancy Feick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry for the delay response. I Had 1" bullseye on left upper arm. Was told it was probably a spider bite. That is when my health went from good to bad overnight. given a basic Lyme test that was negative. Had a speckled titer pattern in blood that was positive. I Was told it was borderline Lupus/mixed connective tissue disease. That was almost 9 years ago. Only 2 1/2 years ago did I receive antibiotic treatment and feel the best I've felt in a long time. Still not perfect but, a lot better.
Posts: 11 | From Bayville, NJ 08721 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up

--------------------
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
avonrealtor
Member # 9845

Icon 1 posted      Profile for avonrealtor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No rash here... I did have a very sore toe that got a lot worse after the abx started. Assuming that is the site of the bite....
Posts: 25 | From Lancaster PA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymies3
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1598

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymies3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For myself, not that I've ever been aware of.

For son, not that we've ever been aware of.

For previous spouse, yes.

--------------------
Toodles,
Sal

Posts: 195 | From Tampa, FL | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymednva
Member # 9098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymednva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No rash that I know of when bitten, but at least ten years later I had what a duck called "ringworm." Couldn't figure out how I could have gotten that! [confused]

Had another rash about six years ago, on my neck. Another duck made light of it. Finally dx'd at least 40 years after initial infection, spring 2006. [bonk]

--------------------
Lymednva

Posts: 2407 | From over the river and through the woods | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes ,rash. Small on my arm.

Thought it was a spider bite [bonk]

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CynBy
Member # 9957

Icon 9 posted      Profile for CynBy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes Rash

Emanating from both bite sites at onset of bites, grew up from ankles to tops of thighs within 24 hours.

Also severe edema in feet occured concurrently

No Bulleyes

No Tick

I was bit by a flea

[group hug]

--------------------
wpcj,
Cyn [Wink]

Posts: 20 | From Virginia Beach, Virginia | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Member # 4117

quote:
Originally posted by Nimzovich76:
Very good topic TREE, even more interesting would be to see if there's any correlation with the test results.

up for weekend.

Thats the next part.I want get as mny of these responces as i can first shooting for 200 or more.

--------------------

Newbie Links

Andie333
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a rash, recognized it as a bulls-eye. Was treated with 15 days of abx.

The rash disappeared, and I assumed I was okay.

Nine years later, I found myself very very very sick. Acupuncturist suspected Lyme. First test via Qwest was negative.

Second Igenex test a month later was strong positive.

Andie

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pq
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
rash = yes
bullseye rash = no

Posts: 2708 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ponygirl
Member # 10003

Icon 7 posted      Profile for ponygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bullseye yes
Posts: 5 | From Pa | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sometimesdilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, a bullseye rash.
Posts: 2505 | From lost in the maze | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Member # 4117

up

--------------------

Newbie Links

treepatrol
Member # 4117

Off so up for the weekenders [Big Grin]

--------------------

Newbie Links

treepatrol
Member # 4117

up for newbies

--------------------

Newbie Links

ma
Member # 10055

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no bullseye. yes rashes
Posts: 70 | From Central NY | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Member # 4117

up

--------------------

Newbie Links

treepatrol
Member # 4117

Icon 14 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up

--------------------

Newbie Links

JillF
Member # 5553

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JillF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had a rash on the back of my head (under my hair) that was first noticed in 2000. No idea how long it had been there before that (I probably have had Lyme for over a decade now).

It's never gone away. It gets smaller, it's gets quite big. Usually doesn't bother me at all. It does seem that when my symptoms are worsening, the rash gets bigger.

The first few times I went to the doctor (way before I knew I was sick) they had no idea what it was and gave me different creams that never helped.

My LLMD has no idea what it is. It is not a bull's eye rash.

Posts: 1485 | From USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Member # 4117

up

--------------------

Newbie Links

Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No rash. Unusual reacations to mosquito bites though.

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TXKim
Member # 10146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TXKim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No
Posts: 14 | From Houston, Texas | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theviewfromthecurb
Member # 10310

Icon 1 posted      Profile for theviewfromthecurb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
me: NO rash, NO bulls eye, NO bite.
my son: NO rash, NO bulls eye, NO bite.

--------------------
well i know a disease that these doctors can't treat,
you contract on the day
you accept all you see...

Posts: 97 | From nor cal | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Member # 4117

Up for new ones.

--------------------

Newbie Links

KarenB
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10510

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KarenB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NO
Posts: 151 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonard
Member # 10531

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leonard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Knew I was bit by something.

Bulls-eye developed 10 days later.

Rash comes and goes from bite site every couple of weeks.

Leonard

Posts: 43 | From Pella, Iowa | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
notcrazykate
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10458

Icon 1 posted      Profile for notcrazykate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not identified as being related to a bite or as lyme.

But I've had chronic "eczema" that is sometimes bullseye-ish for 5 years now.

Only thing that has made it go away for the past 2 years is Rx cortisone cream.

One doc treated it as ringworm... no improvement.

Posts: 106 | From Michigan | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vermont_Lymie
Member # 9780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vermont_Lymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, twice, on different ocassions: distinctive, classic bulls-eye rashes.

And a duck who insisted that it was an infected spider bite. My loss that I listened to the duck who said this, since they were supposed to be the expert!

Won't be fooled again!

Posts: 2557 | From home | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lioness
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lioness     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not sure, if I did, it would have been dismissed as a spider bite (or something else)! Don't remember hearing much about Lyme back then.

Have had so many rashes, usually treated as something else, or let go to see if they would pass.

Growing up as a "Tom Boy" in the woods, on farms and with a parent who breads hunting dogs, I was not taken to the doctor for every bite and rash.

Who Knows!

It is amazing how many people DON'T get the "bulls eye"

[ 24. November 2006, 02:21 PM: Message edited by: Lioness ]

Posts: 240 | From MA | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julie2763
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2841

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Julie2763     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bullseye rach - oh yeah!!

Julie

Posts: 494 | From Michigan, USA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Getting Better
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8919

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Getting Better   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No.

--------------------
Jeff

Posts: 533 | From CA | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaS
Member # 10581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No bulls eye but got hives all over my legs. Anyone wlse have this?

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1660435643

Posts: 1078 | From Lake Geneva WI | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zing
Member # 7124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, bullseye- Covered my whole hip at least 10" diameter with 3" center
Posts: 46 | From south/central Pa | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ashleygait
Member # 10398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ashleygait     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes--all over my body! [Eek!] [dizzy] [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 77 | From New York | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheryll
Member # 10063

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheryll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rash - yes
Bulls eye - no

Geneal,
I have since getting lyme been getting water blisters wherever mosquitos bite me!! What is your unusual reaction to mosquito bites??

BTW, mosquitos and ticks love me! I get their attention when everyone else says they have not seen a one!

Posts: 48 | From Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaS
Member # 10581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am also curious how many people had a bulls eye rash but still have negative Western Blots? Wouldnt Drs notice that these tests are not reliable after getting negative results on a WB even with this bullseye rash???

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1660435643

Posts: 1078 | From Lake Geneva WI | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Member # 4117

Up for more.

--------------------

Newbie Links

KarenB
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10510

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KarenB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No rash at all for me that I could see.

Although I was bitten it the head so I don't know if I would have seen it.

I do know the sucker was imbedded in there pretty good.

karen

Posts: 151 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Member # 4117

up

--------------------

Newbie Links

Dianne
Member # 9450

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Dianne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rash - Yes, but not a bulls-eye.

In fact, it was a huge red sore spot on my breast that looked more like a burn, raw and painful, and was referred to by one doc as an "abcess" and by another as "cellulitis".

The skin "died" over a period of 5 to 6 months and had to be surgically debrided. They also thought it was most likely a spider bite so I was only treated short-term with abx and all Lyme tests done over the past 3 and a half years were negative, until I got tested by IGeneX.

Until yesterday, I had a diagnosis of fibro. Now I'm an official Lymie.

Oops, sorry, this was supposed to be a simple Yes or No answer. [bonk]

Posts: 8 | From northwestern PA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
grace1
Member # 10347

Icon 1 posted      Profile for grace1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, bullseye rash, and a tick. but didn't realize it was a tick and the rash was related until later.

quote:
Originally posted by LisaS:
I am also curious how many people had a bulls eye rash but still have negative Western Blots? Wouldnt Drs notice that these tests are not reliable after getting negative results on a WB even with this bullseye rash???

unless the doctor saw the rash, they can doubt you. even if they saw the rash, they can say or think it's not the lyme rash. and a negative test would just make them more confident in their judgement. instead of the other way around.
Posts: 98 | From San Francisco | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cassie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2106

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Cassie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, in 1988, dx 2001
round and nasty in the middle, duck said it was a spider bite [Mad]

Your friend Cassie [Wink]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 564 | From Toronto Ontario Canada | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
catalysT
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for catalysT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes and No. I was not aware of a tick, but I had a bulls-eye on my arm. Then I had bulls-eye rashes that tiled across my entire body from below my neck! My doctor spazzed when he saw it, he called the nurse in and they were both amazed by how many I had.

--------------------
"You know, the worst, meanest, nastiest, ticks in the world are politicks," - Steve Nostrum

Posts: 242 | From South NJ | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daughter has Bartonella straea...verticle red streaks that look like stretch marks. Mostly on abdomen, waist, and back of knees.

They are fading with treatment

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Member # 4117

UP FUR MORE

--------------------

Newbie Links

Ganjagal
Member # 11095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ganjagal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes but it wasn't a bullseye.
4 days after one PA said "Nah, that's not a tick bite"
I showed up to see the other PA with 10 spots all over, an 11th one sprouted while I was in the office.
Still took two and a half months to get a Lyme test.
[Roll Eyes]

Posts: 33 | From North Central PA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tree, looks like you pulled this thread out of retirement...very interesting read...seems like it didn't matter whether there was the bull's eye rash or not, since the ducks didn't seem to recognize the issue even when there was a rash.

For me, no rash. No symptoms whatsoever for three months, then started with sore shoulder muscles.

The place in my foot where the tick bit me develops a keratosis(hard plug) all the time, and has been scraped by podiatry interns for 25 years. I never understood why until last year when I got diagnosed.

This is the odd thing about Lyme -- no one seems to have a clue about symptoms. This needs to change. I am doing my part to inform medical people here.

Posts: 13049 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Got Lyme?
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11109

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Got Lyme?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bullseye - YES
Rash - NO
Tick sighting - NO
2001 - had upper respitory infections and breathing problems and terrible knee pain. Doctors were no help.
2004 - bullseye on thigh. Doctor gave 21 days of amox same day. Said it was a spider bite since ticks aren't out Oct!! Been sick and gone downhill ever since.
Lyme tests - never positive
LLMD - found a great one and am doing much much better...walking normal again and no brain fog is fantastic!

--------------------
Margaret

Posts: 103 | From CT | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Member # 4117

up

--------------------

Newbie Links

Skyler
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11549

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Skyler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NO

--------------------
I'm probably sleeping...

Posts: 419 | From Florida | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vanilla
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes to a bulls eye in the early 1990's and I never saw the tick. I was so messed up with neuro symptoms I did not know to get in a car and find a doctor.

I stayed in bed and went crazy instead with anxiety and panic attacks and a brain that no longer seemed to function.. when I did finally go to see ducks and shrinks none of them cared one bit when I told them about my rash or that I thought maybe I had LD.

To me at the time my bulls eye was something really strange and alien that did not seem real because nothing was making sense anymore.

I thought it might be a spider bite but I was in such a state I was not really reasoning well or thinking well. I did not understand that the rash had anything to do with my mental state. I just thought I was losing my mind.

My most recent bite May 31 of 2006 when I had already made an appointment to see my first LLMD for the first visit for my bite from the early 1990s and I was still waiting to get in to his office (with these gurus it can take weeks to see them) for the first visit. I received a red rash or about 3 rashes and found an adult tick crawling on my leg in my bed when I woke up in the a.m.

[ 12. May 2007, 02:24 AM: Message edited by: Vanilla ]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sienna
Member # 10980

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sienna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YES - but had disappeared by the following morning and I didn't think to take a photograph.
I've had many more strange rashes since and now have photos of them all

Posts: 67 | From UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ks mom
Member # 11626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ks mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This may sound like a dumb question here, but I need to ask to satisfy the 1% of me that still doesnt get it.

According to the stuff I read on the CDC guidelines page, if you have the bullseye rash with the flulike symptoms then its definately Lyme?

IOW....if I lived in the middle of the woods in a rural heavily tick/chigger infested area, I get bit on a daily basis, 3 bites get a wierd rash, 1 gets the bullseye rash faintly, those bites take over 3 months to heal, I get all the flu stuff and a 104.5 temp that wont go away for days....then is it safe to assume that its Lyme?
I mean there is NO other disease or whatever that would make the bullseye under THOSE conditions?

Signed,
A very angry mom

Posts: 94 | From Wichita KS | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ks mom
Member # 11626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ks mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel the need to clarify since this is my first time posting.
The situation I described was my son at the age of 1.5 .He will turn 11 in May.

The area we lived in had 12 known cases of lyme and 1 death from lyme. Dozens of arthritis cases and 1 HMO approved duck for the whole area.

Duck said the syptoms and rash had to happen hours, not days, we therefore did not have lyme.
Just a nasty bug bite.

ks mom

Posts: 94 | From Wichita KS | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
listenswithcare
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10719

Icon 1 posted      Profile for listenswithcare     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saw tick - no rash, no bullseye ever
Posts: 276 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
savebabe
Member # 9847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for savebabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No--No Rash
Posts: 1603 | From ny | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement