-------------------- **Eat Chocolate** Posts: 942 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2005
| IP: Logged |
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5374
I believe BettyG keeps an updated list, perhaps she can count them for you?
What grade is your daughter in? I just wrote a paper on the legal controversies in the standard of care for Lyme disease for law school. I might be able to email your daughter some news articles and other sources I used.
-------------------- "When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004
| IP: Logged |
tell us more about this school project please! thank you!
i misread this whole thread; thought you were asking how many lyme patients diagnosed yearly , etc. i'm going to leave the extra stuff in here, maybe she can use some this too!
i think it would interesting to include our long list of lyme symptoms which help to explain why we are NOT correctly DIAGNOSED when our 1st symptoms show up since 300 other illnesses mimic lyme disease!
niek/others, I do NOT have a complete LLMD list!
imanurse had a great suggestion on contacting ILADS for their input!
Tincup posted March 8, 2005,
Lyme Disease Survey Responses, FINAL RESULTS shown below! February 27, 2005 - March 9, 2005
1. How many doctors did you have to see before being properly diagnosed? 112 responses Average number of doctors consulted before being diagnosed - 14 Answers ranged from 1- 120 different doctors
2. Have you had problems getting insurance to pay for doctors or treatment? 87 responses? Yes- 63 No- 24
3. Have you lost income because of Lyme disease? 106 responses Yes- 99 No- 7
4. How much does it cost you (average) per month for Lyme related expenses? 61 responded Average cost per month per patient- $4,472.49 Low- $500.00 High- $21,492.00
5. How many different medications do you take per day? 77 responded Average - 14 different medications per day Low- 3 High- 25
This "letter to normals" is circulated in fibromyalgia circles but the symptoms are often identical because chronic lyme can turn into fibromyalgia. Just substitute "lyme" in place of "fibromyalgia" http://www.fmscommunity.org/lettertonormals.htm