LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Having a ruff time

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Having a ruff time
Cassie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2106

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Cassie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi to all my friends,

Just came here to wine a little before I start my pina colda's [Roll Eyes]

Been having a ruff time lately. I was doing so good then bam [dizzy] out of knowhere, severe panic attacks,depression,pain, fatique,hot flashes, the works.

My hubby(the sweetheart) went to the doctor for me I was too anxious to sit in the office. He suggested St. John's Wort. I was on antidepressants about a year ago and don't want to go back on them, they just wipe me out. The herbalist at the health food store recommended Evening Primrose, Sepia Officinalis,and Pulsatilla.

Touch wood these last few days have been better.

We have booked a trip to Punta Cana in the Dominican for a much needed vacation, we leave on the 26th our 32nd wedding aniversary [Wink]

Take care your friend Cassie [kiss]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 564 | From Toronto Ontario Canada | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get your hormones checked yet??

Yes, you need a good vacation! Just what the doctor ordered!!

How about SAM-e for the depression?? Or mangosteen??

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 95978 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bejoy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bejoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Lymetoo. Sounds like you may be due for a saliva test to check your hormone balance.

Have a lovely time. I hope your trip is rejuvenating and relaxing.

--------------------
bejoy!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1918 | From Alive and Well! | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cassie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2106

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Cassie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the support and suggestions Tu-tu and bejoy,

I have had my hormones checked, but now recently

I have had surgical menopause at 31, I use a progesterone and estrogen cream.

I never heard of a salvia test for hormones,will look into that.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 564 | From Toronto Ontario Canada | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sorry things have been so rough for you.

I am glad you have a good husband to help you through this time.

WOW 32 years together! That sure does deserve a celebration. Have fun on your vacation.

Hope you feel better soon [group hug]

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Skyler
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Skyler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sorry you are feeling so bad. I hope things start getting better for you!!!

Congratulations on 32 years! I hope you two have a great anniversary!

[Smile]

--------------------
I'm probably sleeping...

Posts: 419 | From Florida | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobweb
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Cassie- just came by to say I hope things lighten up for you-especially with your upcoming trip-wheeeeeeeee. [hi]

Carol

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How ya doin' Cassie??? [group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 95978 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cassie! HAPPY 32nd anniversary this week with that special fellow of yours! We celebrated ours last Oct. 06!

So sorry to read of all the bad times you are going thru! BUMMER. But relax and enjoy this special time with your hubby on this trip hoping your body can get straightened out so you CAN ENJOY EVERY MINUTE YOU ARE AWAY!

let us know how everything went cassie ok!
[group hug] [kiss] [group hug]

Cassie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2106

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cassie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for all the support and well wishes

Feeling a little better however the anxiety is still a major problem, especially at night.

Today I went to a herbalist at GNC she told me to triple the Cal/Mag hopefully this will help with the restlessness. She also loaded me up with other goodies, to tired to name them tonight will let you know what they are another day.

We are looking forward to our trip [Big Grin]

--------------------
 -

EWT1638
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11315

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EWT1638     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remember herbs are the basis for our "meds", and therefor please talk to your doctor before beginning any new tack. I say this because I have had bad experiences. Actually, I have found that a pharmasist (sp? I have forgotten how to spell.) often knows more than the MDs. Still talk to your doc, though!

[group hug]

--------------------
When you reach your "wits-end" remember this: "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give you. I do not give as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27

Posts: 397 | From Loudoun County Virginia | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EWT1638
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11315

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EWT1638     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remember herbs are the basis for our "meds", and therefor please talk to your doctor before beginning any new tack. I say this because I have had bad experiences. Actually, I have found that a pharmasist (sp? I have forgotten how to spell.) often knows more than the MDs. Still talk to your doc, though!

[group hug]

--------------------
When you reach your "wits-end" remember this: "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give you. I do not give as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27

Posts: 397 | From Loudoun County Virginia | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cassie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2106

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cassie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the replies guys,

Had another restless night last night, hope I can sit still for the 4 and1/2 plane ride.

EWT1638 I am not on antibiotics right now, don't have a lyme doc any more, was seeing Dr B.

I was going to go see a doc I heard about very close to home but heard that he is no longer taking patients with lyme.

My GP is quite good and reasonable to deal with. In previous years when I was seeing the lyme doc my GP always went along with what he prescribed.

I better go know I am not packed yet.

--------------------
 -

Cassie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2106

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Cassie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi guys, Sorry I haven't responded sooner.

I enjoyed the nice sunshine and swimming in the sea. Was feeling okay on the vacation however since we have come back I am down for the count [Frown]
The anxiety, crying fits and depression is horrible. I have been trying not to end up in the duck motel or worse.

My hubby went to the GP again to discuss my health. His advice was 1. a shrink 2. another shrink or 3. hormone replacement [Roll Eyes] guess which one I chose

#3 He told my husband that I might be going through menopause oh wait a minute I thought I already did that surgically a few years ago. No he said there is other cells in the body that can lose estrogen in menopause other than the ovaries. He has prescribed an estrogen hormone replacement.

Please don't get me wrong my GP is a wonderful doc and has helped me through many years.

Reading the brocure the pharmacist gives with the drug I read that you should not take St.John's Wort while on the hormone drug because it depletes estrogen [bonk] I have been on this supplement for the depression, oh my what a mess [Eek!]

Hopefully things will turn around soon. I miss my friends here and my family.

--------------------
 -

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cassie, so you went on your trip and HOME AGAIN right now

how crappy to be going thru all of this, and the easy solution: a shrink! makes me so darn mad. [cussing] best wishes to get thru this all.

thank god you have a wonderful, supportive, understanding hubby! give him a hug/kiss for me via YOU! [group hug] [kiss] [group hug]

hopeful123
Member # 3244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeful123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hope the trip is/was wonderful and did the trick!
[hi] [hi] [hi]

--------------------
some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield  -

Posts: 1160 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cassie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2106

Hi BettyG and Hopeful123, thanks for the replies

Touch wood, the last couple of days have been much better. The estrogen must be helping.

Hubby and I have been to the zoo and have gone for a few walks to the lake with Cassie our black lab.

Haven't seen the grandkids for a couple of weeks [Frown] I think I'm going through a withdrawl.) My daughter must of thought I needed a break from her gang. It does get hectic when they come down to our place, she has 3 dogs that come along, so there is 2 kids and 4 dogs in the house [dizzy]

Our Son just moved with his job 3hrs away. [Frown] It's just him he isn't married yet. He went Jackson Tenesse for a week of training for a new computer system, he said it is nice down there.

Yes my hubby is a sweetheart, I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for him.

I better go now my conure Pepe just pooped on the keyboard [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
 -

cbb
Member # 788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Cassie,
So good to hear that things are improving for you.
Keep on counting your blessings!!
Keep on getting better!!

Posts: 4638 | From South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement