LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Progress !

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Progress !
Cobweb
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When work put me out on disability a year ago I was to the point I couldn't follow two step directions. I didn't even know which way to turn the page of a book.

Five months ago I bought a "decorative glass touch lamp" for $9.99 at the drug store. I didn't know I would have to put it together. [Frown]

The directions were beyond me. Much too overwhelming. I put the parts back in the box and stored it in the closet.

Beginning of March I started the IV Rocephin. This month I pulsed Flagyl with it.
I felt so good today I got the lamp back out-and put it together! [woohoo]

This involved many parts, fine motor skills, and I understood the directions-even though I had to keep re-reading them-I could follow them.

Good days/bad days- it's all part of the package, but I feel like my good days are better than the last good day. For many reasons-today was a really really good day-and I just wanted to share it with you.

Carol

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vermont_Lymie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vermont_Lymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know what you mean -- and I say this with all due respect:

Welcome back to Carol's brain!

[woohoo]

That is how I am aspiring to feel

Posts: 2557 | From home | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mickip
Member # 11663

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mickip   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is awesome to hear! Praise God!
Posts: 65 | From Burbank, CA (recent) from Midwest | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobweb
Unregistered

It's these glimpses we get from time to time that give us hope.

And I know just what you mean-I knew there was a brain in there somewhere-at one time. I only had to go feeling under the couch three times for things that I dropped.

Felt like a fresh breeze after a Spring rain. Now if I can keep up with the electric bill I'll even be able to use it!

Carol

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
carol, HAPPY TRAILS ARE HERE AGAIN; we've missed the other part of you, but i enjoy your other side too! wacky as ever, and i mean that in a sincere way; not demeaning!

i'm slowly making progress with my walking; each step is very deliberate.

thanks for posting your UPPER post! we all need to read of baby to giant steps forward; love ya cobby. [group hug] [kiss] [group hug]

Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Cobweb,

It used to be that I measured my successes with big accomplishments like

Graduating from college with my Master's degree.

Funny how the smallest accomplishment can bring the greatest sense of satisfaction.

Greater even than finishing college....

Good for you.

Now, I have a grill that needs to be put together......

Can you come help me?

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay*)!*)!)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GenaD
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11988

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GenaD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cobweb,

I'm relatively new to this board and my Lyme diagnosis. Treatment for me is just beginning and some days seems like an uphill battle with no end in sight.

BUT--Your postive posts gives me hope!

I'm happy for you! [Smile]

--------------------
"Never underestimate the power of a few committed people to change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has."
--Margaret Mead

Posts: 290 | From New York | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So glad to hear you have had such a signifigant improvement.

[woohoo] [woohoo]

Sometimes just finding the english version of the directions is a challenge all by itself. [Eek!]

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dont wanna throw ANY cold water on your success story. Just want to say,be careful with that touch lamp.

There was a recall sometime back on some of them. The switch has a tendancy to toast houses,apartments,whole buildings. MAKE for real sure yours isnt one of them.

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're just full of good news..WELL Missy, I am very happy for you..Keep it up and make sure you check on the recall so you don't burn yourself up..

How about a Bal'more dog sometime to celebrate..Let me know.Hugs. lmt

Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's truly awesome!! Does this mean you'll have to change your name to Cobdeb or Cobbob instead of Cobweb??

Does this also mean that we can no longer make fun of you because you'll KNOW we're making fun of you???

just wondering [Razz] [lol]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 95817 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobweb
Unregistered

JD- I did my best to do a search on touch lamp recalls after your word of warning-as far as I can tell it's okay. Thanks for the heads up. Now I have a word of warning for you-don't get an Air Hogs RC Skywinder Radio-Controlled Airplane-the battery charger poses a burn hazard. You're going to have to round up them cows on horse back.

Lymetoo-If you all stop picking on me I'll think you don't love me anymore!

BettyG-I have been following your hip recovery-and think of you just about every day- well, actually I think of the cartoon Magic posted of your rehab-remember that? I thank you for your sincere words.

Geneal-I'll help you with the grill if you'll promise to throw a steak on it when we're done.

LMT-want me to bring some dogs up to the next support group meeting? Maybe I'll hold off on this month's round of flagyl till after the meeting. But I'll have to bring my handy dandy portable pvc IV pole with me.

Azure-The directions came with pictures-which is a good thing-cause I had to do things like "Squeeze the harp" and "screw the threaded pipe into the nut" and "make sure the plastic bush is between the glass ".

I also found out why they said "DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN" oops-too late-nothing a little glue can't fix.

California -I'll know I've arrived when I can recreate your 80! I mean *)!-hey I did it- is that a one eyed jack?????
;=/ that's my lyme face.

Gena-welcome aboard and hold on for dear life!

okay-so now i've hit the point of brain drain-time to go to bed and recharge. Sleep well, y'all-don't let the bed bugs bite.

not so deadhead webhead cobby.

bettyg
Unregistered

carol, was fund readng your responses to all; thanks for thinking of me daily! thoughts and prayers headed your way for a BRIGHTER, no pun intended, future! [Big Grin]

but i have missed your wonderful poetry on the birthdays...you gifted one!!!! [Wink]

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AZURE WISH:
Sometimes just finding the english version of the directions is a challenge all by itself. [Eek!]

[Big Grin] One day I gave up finding the English and just read the Spanish ... my teenage son caught me and couldn't believe it!

Yay on the progress! I remember how I felt when I balanced 6 months worth of bank statements ... I couldn't even look at them before. I mentioned it to my nurse at the LLMD's office, and she thought it was significant ... don't forget to tell your LLMD about these steps!

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
iceskater
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceskater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Carol: That's significant progress. Congratulations!! I have a few projects around here, that you can come over and help with the directions if you like. LOl Hugs! Skater
Posts: 719 | From Delaware | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carol,

SO you CAN read??? Thats always a GOOD sign.

If thats the case come on over and read my directions to do things,,,you KNOW men dont read directions,,they just 'pretend' to!!

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meg
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 22

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good News Carol! I hope those good days keep coming.

Sometimes just finding the english version of the directions is a challenge all by itself [lol]

.......now you have a light to read by, if the hardware holds [Big Grin]

--------------------
Success Stories---Treatment Guidelines

Posts: 10010 | From somewhERE OVER THE Rainbow | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
livinlyme
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for livinlyme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been hearing that IV is the only way for late stage to go..

but I know I am late stage and since my DX was in 2001 and I am still not better on orals I dont' know why the LLMD's have not suggested or moved on this before since I have asked a number of times..

I close the book on all help becuase no one will do much to help me..
Now I am still awaiting the 2nd time around on a hearing for disability and we are forced in foreclosure and have no medical coverage and no income to cover bills that have piled up over almost 5 years of not being able to owrk.
my credit score two years ago was 697 since then it is down to 370 I am in ruins...

my children all but age 18 and 19 are trying thier best to help keep us under a roof.. and failing at that since they are both sick with Lyme.
this is just not fair.

and it is a crying shame that some people get help and others don't

I have been told that I should be able to recieve SSA payment until they make a determination.. then I am told by SSA that I can not .. they told me I could then tell me I can't

I wish someone in there would make up thier damn minds as to what the deal is.. and stop changing the rules as they go..

I have lost everything I struggled to acquire over the years.. EVERYTHING and now I will not have a roof over my head.. we have been reduced to the lowest of low..

my sons both struggle everyday with this and they can not get help either...
this is not right that we all suffer and no one is there to help us..

the agencies tell me there is no help... when other people are picked up on programs and when we go in they tell us the state has cut aid to these programs..

I Have had enough..

I really feel for everyone who suffers from this modern day plague....
it is a biochemical attack against humanity in my opinion and something has got to be done..

--------------------
"Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it."

Posts: 1389 | From who knows, who cares, but somewhere over the rainbow | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobweb
Unregistered

My ticket to IV was a spect scan ordered by a psychiatrist. And fortunately we have insurance through my husband's work. Still we have relied on church for food and some financial support.

Lyme is a very humbling disease.

Carol

livinlyme
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for livinlyme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carol
Lyme is the wrath of the devil itself I believe

--------------------
"Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it."

Posts: 1389 | From who knows, who cares, but somewhere over the rainbow | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

carol, thanks for sharing w/livinlyme your comments from personal experience. [group hug] [kiss] [group hug] to you both.
livinlyme
Member # 3773

Carol are you still doing well??

please keep me posted adn anyone else who has experience with IV and aftermath please let me know I will see if I can turn my world around long enough to maybe get a doctor to put me on IV some time in the future if this is what I must do ,,,
Maybe there will be some form of hope to hang on to after I get a grip on my living situation..

Linda

--------------------

Cobweb
Unregistered

Livinlyme- wish I could tell you my visit to the the land of intelligent living was more than just a brief vacation-but such is the nature of the beast. I know it was more than just an mirage though and I have hopes to return for good someday.

For now-I'm back home in Stupidville. Sure I can spin a word here and there-but don't ask me to put a pre-school puzzle together. [Razz]

Meanwhile-I'm going to go buy some flowers for Algernon.

Carol
 -

[ 08. June 2007, 04:37 PM: Message edited by: Cobweb ]

lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Webby..We are only doing 2 support meetings a year. May and Oct. But you can bring some dogs up here and come for the fireman's parade..

email me and let me know and I will give you info. WEll that is if my da*# computer is working. It has been messed up for over a week with a corruption to all of my email in my managed mail. If I had a life, I might have had time to save it but all is lost.

Bring some brew to go with those dogs..It is HOTTTTTTT!!!lmt

Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobweb
Unregistered

Can't do dogs today LMT-I'm waiting for next week's medical supplies to be delivered-and then I have a graduation to go to. [woohoo]
lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

The parade is not until July...lmt

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement