LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Spider in keyboard- tomatoes in my phone

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Spider in keyboard- tomatoes in my phone
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I have had a strange day. This morning I saw a spider crawling across the keyboard of my computer. I tried to catch him but he shrunk himself and slid down between the keys. I waited, and watched, and shook the keyboard till I figured he was senseless ...and he wouldn't come out! All day I watched for him! Tonight I tried to type and when I paused to think...he would creep out, look around...YES...GO AHEAD AND SAY IT...at ME...and then run back into the keyboard to hide!

He is still there! Well I hope he gets a headache! He is giving me one!

I have also had the dreaded... drop everything day! The two ice cube trays...NOT ONE...two... That would have been ok...But I didn't find all of the ice! Florida is hot today...90 degrees plus! But not hot enough to keep me from stepping barefoot on the ice SEVERAL times before it melted!

Once it melted...that was even more fun! Slip sliding away! Yes...I tried to pick it ALL up...but it is hard to see!

Then...oh yes...Have you ever dropped a 2 liter bottle of soda? With no lid on it? It goes straight down. If this ever happens to you...let me give you some advise. Don't try to catch it!

I made that mistake today too. About half way to the floor I caught it. But I squeezed it too hard in all the excitement. This caused a bunch of it to shoot straight up into my hair, my face, and all over my shirt. Then I lost my grip and it slipped again. I caught it this time with my right hip! This sent it shooting across the kitchen floor (which at this point was clean and dry due to the ice/water thing), into the fridge, across the floor, and all over the spices. But I wouldn't give up!

I pulled it back up to the counter quickly...but it was too quick! The stupid bottle must of thought I was shaking it! So... it started foaming out all over the counter. I grabbed it and tried to get it to the sink while it was wet and still foaming. I hit the edge of the sink...it flipped and spewed all over the clean dishes in the dish rack. By the time this was over...I got 1/2 of a cup of soda!!! (Of course with NO ICE!)

The "dropping" thing continued all day...but...nothing too bad. Till the bowl of taco sauce I was using for dip fell out of my hand and hit my leg. It flipped then too. When it did it threw taco sauce all over my blood work tests, my little lamp, my wooden table AND my phone! Oh...not to forget the chair, the carpet, and the foot stool! My right leg, my left foot and a box of envelopes were also covered.

I cleaned it all up...rested...and returned to the computer. His name is Earl. He has set up house keeping in my keyboard. He thinks it is too dangerous around here to come out in the open. So I went out and caught him a couple of bugs to tempt him to come out.

Instead...Daisy, my pet lizzard, ran up and grabbed the bugs and took off.

Ever have "one of those days"?

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alphabet nancy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alphabet nancy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tincup,
When I saw the title to this thread, I immediately thought it was going to be a new song.......you know-like "the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon- little boy blue and the man in the moon......
Only for you it could be-- The spider's in the keyboard and the soda spilled too soon- my lizard's name is Daisy and I'm Tincup from the moon.........
Well... that should tell you what kind of shape MY brain is in today. I probably shouldn't drive or operate any dangerous machinery....huh?
Nancy

------------------

Posts: 248 | From Minneapolis, Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dt
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 937

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I guess this could have been frustrating for you but you told it so well, it was like I was there watching it all happen.

Thanks for sharing...

What made me laugh so hard, is that you described me. All my life, I've always had problems getting things to go my way too.

DT

Posts: 1044 | From Missouri, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jo Anne from Canada
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm... I thought this was going to be a discussion about psychiatric symptoms...like when I watch TV sometimes and all of a sudden, whatever I'm watching seems real, and I'm part of it, even though there's a part of me that knows it's not real.

Spiders are supposed to be good luck... so if Daisy hasn't eaten him, I'd leave him be. Not sure whether dropped soda bottles are lucky or not.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charlie
Member # 25

Icon 10 posted      Profile for charlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...Well, If it turns out to be lucky I'll stop killing spiders and smear salsa all over the walls. I doubt if Jenny will understand, though. Charlie
Posts: 2804 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lphil444
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you TINCUP!
This was extremely funny stuff! I never laughed this much in my entire life at a soda bottle. Keep this material coming.
Phil

LabRat
Member # 78

Icon 10 posted      Profile for LabRat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some days are just more entertaining than others! Thanks for sharing.

------------------

Posts: 1887 | From Corpus Christi, Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That little writting was better than any joke I have read in a long time!!! Maybe you can let the tears flood that little spider out of the keyboard!
Posts: 919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crappydiem
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 888

Icon 12 posted      Profile for crappydiem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeez, tincup, if I'm ever by to visit and you offer me a drink, I think I'll pass.

Or wear a raincoat

Posts: 268 | From Chelmsford, MA, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charlie
Member # 25

Icon 1 posted      Profile for charlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
... so if Earl's gonna be a permanent fixture in your keyboard why not get him a password and let him join us. We've already got a dog, frog, rat, roadrunner, buzzard, ect, so why not a spider.

Charlie

Posts: 2804 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys are TOO funny! You MAKE me write this stupid stuff! he he
Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neurochem1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for neurochem1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LMAO tincup.

Don't know why I'm laughing; I have them all the time!

Regina

Posts: 520 | From New York | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chazmyn
Member # 204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chazmyn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heheheheh - WE make YOU??? LOL, you're right. We count on it, baby!!!! Thanks for lifting the entire board into a higher mental consciousness - you rescued us from the depths of the dulldrums!!!

P.S. Tincup - we need to do a thread on "imaginary boyfriends" and how they're better than real ones... have I told you about mine - he's Kurt Colbain... yes, I know he's dead - but all my other boyfriends might as well be. Kurt is kind, artistic and never questions me about my lyme disease. And this is not just a one-sided relationship. He started it by sending me messages through MTV. Unhuh. I fell in love with him when I heard these song lyrics... "I'm so happy...cause today I found my friends... they're in my head..."

What woman could resist???

OK, I gotta run - RR has told me to rest (I have a virus - non-lyme - hurrah!) and I have to do what he says - cause he's my Dr. Therapist.

[This message has been edited by Chazmyn (edited 22 May 2001).]

Posts: 1478 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chazmyn
Member # 204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chazmyn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I keep trying to log off but I keep thinking of something else to say... hmmmm.

Just wanted to tell you about a dream I had. In it Mel was going to leave the wife and kids and his mistress (didn't know it was you - this dream was a while back) for me but I talked him out of it. Sorry to have (LOL) to tell you this but I thought you should know.

P.S. To all you "Thousand Club" people!!!! - they change those numbers when they feel like it - just kidding, LOL. I am in awe of all of you who have given so much. "Hats off" to the THOUSANDS!!!!!!

Posts: 1478 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Excuse me??? IMAGINARY boyfriends??? I don't know who in their right mind would have IMAGINARY boyfriends. I guess I am just lucky though...Mel is real..and most people even know him or at least have seen him! (And his butt)...oh my...my my...

But..if I was ever to have an imaginary one..who would it be?

Actually I have a list of them. One of my most favorites is Boss Hogg from the Duke Boys. Aaahhhh...I can just hear his voice now...ROSCO you dipstick! It gives me goosebumps!

Then there is Luke Skywalker...hey...let the force be with ME. But when he is away...the mice will play. I kinda had a thing for the Wookie once too. But don't tell Luke. A good thing it would not be! (Yoda told me that)

But... my all time favorite...yep...The Fonz! aaaaye... He is ALMOST as cool as me...On a good day I mean.

So..who are your top three picks?

BTW- Chaz...you CAN pick someone who is living. Just blindfold em! hehehehehehehe

Tincup
Member # 5829

Hey Chaz...cat got yer tongue? hehe
Chazmyn
Member # 204

Tincup - I should be so lucky...

Not trying to ignore you (or anybody)...
I am just pouting... I went from on top of the world excited about my paper being finished and happy about everyone being so nice to me to....the darn dungeon of doom in less than 5 seconds... why can't I keep my mouth shut sometimes... I know better than to post when I feel bad... you know that saying - no good deed goes unpunished - waaaaaaaa; and I was just telling myself that I couldn't whine for at least a month!!

Anyways... ignore all that -

Thanks for emailing me about Mom. I will tell her more today when I call. I just didn't think she'd be able to understand yesterday - it was her first coherent day - and she wasn't "very" coherent; just a little better than delirious...

Sorry, I'll have to think of a reply to the post later - I am just too brain dead right now (no sleep; stupid virus, worries about Mom, herx on the horizon) and my sense of humor seems to be "off-line" - I will be back when I get it fixed. Love To All!!!

Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bringing it up for Lymetoo.

How do you like "Earl"?

just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tincup,
I hereby retract my E-mail I sent you. I have changed my mind regarding same due to this post. Therefore you are relieved of any thing I might have said
On a brighter note, did you hear who is going to be on Jay Leno tonight? You must have him on a long leash to allow west coast visits when you are on the east coast. Or do you just travel WITH him? Hmm if thats right you must have industrial strength batteries in that laptop computer of yours to keep posting as much and helping people like you do. Or do you have your own electrical port on the airline planes hooked up to the alternator for instant juice? I wonder? --just don--

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AJ
Member # 12432

Icon 8 posted      Profile for AJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH NO! Not on the CLEAN dishes!
Tincup, I am laughing so hard! I mean tears. Not to laugh at your misfortune but it couldn't possibly be any funnier if you made it up. You're better than any sitcom I've ever seen.
Man, I've had a similar soda bottle experience. It makes you want to lock yourself in a little padded cell. I usually get the salsa in my lap. You did so much better. Well done!

Posts: 2 | From Phila. suburbs | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cassie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2106

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Cassie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Tincup,

You are hilarious. Have you ever thought of having your own comedy show? You sound like LUCY!!! Keep them coming. Cassie

Posts: 564 | From Toronto Ontario Canada | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SusieC
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tincup,
You make the most disasterous days laughable! Of course it is always funnier when it happens to someone else and we get to "watch".
Susie

Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't loose EARL!
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, Tincup! I never saw this thread....until Lyma Bean brought this to our attention! So I apologize for not responding to your question!

I LOVE Earl, but it seems he keeps biting you, so you'd better stear clear of this fella!

I didn't know you had the "dropsies" like ME! Some days I can't hang onto ANYTHING!!!! This has happened to me for years, but I didn't know I had lyme....I thought I was just clumsy! [I wish it was that simple!]

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

[This message has been edited by Lymetoo (edited 05 March 2003).]

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TrueCornsilk
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3036

Icon 10 posted      Profile for TrueCornsilk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was a great story, I love the way you tell it cuz I have done stuff like that BEFORE I got sick!

------------------
Before you criticize someone you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Posts: 134 | From western PA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Up for Crime of Lyme and anyone who may need a smile today...

And for those who don't know EARL...

------------------
It's a jungle out there kiddies,
Have a very fruitful day!

Tincup
Member # 5829

This old post brings back memories of those folks who have been here, been treated, and have left us to move on with their life.

I miss them and smile to see their names still here.. but it is nice to know they are feeling better.

bg
Member # 46416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi TC,

Medical is down so couldn't put this on your posts there ... so found this alternative.

Would you show this link in your NEWBIES links.... "links for family members" which includes spoon theory, you don't look sick, etc. Thanks!
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/Forum3/HTML/012086.html

Betty G, Iowa

PS - now more newbies can appreciate your sense of humor with this story too! LOL

Posts: 1 | From US | Registered: Aug 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

up and yup

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dang - this is an old post - and funny! Thx, TC!

I think these issues are eternal with us.

For me, I realized I had a leetle problem when I began to spill store coffee on the counter where I had just poured myself a cup. Not exactly what a store wants us to do...

So now I take this action Very Seriously - I hold the cup very tightly with one hand while I pour, and with two hands while I cap it, and smile at the staff who's seen the prior spills and has been watching me warily...

Number two: spilled milk on the floor carpet by the fridge...it begins to smell if not taken up right away.

However, if you don't realize it, it can smell like a small dead animal. I turned my room upside down looking for a possible foregone mouse, before I figured out the defunct odor was coming from the carpet...

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Sorry it took 18 months to reply to your post Robin 342846583.

I got distracted. HA!

[lol]

I was thinking about Earl today and dug this up. And you are right.. it is an old one.

I think this is the 3rd LymeNet board we've had? Maybe 4th version?

Seeing this makes me think about how old TuTu really is. And that this board has been active for more than 9 years now. Amazing!

[Big Grin]

PS. I also miss the folks who were once here with us, lighting up our lives.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

kidsgotlyme
Member # 23691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidsgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad you brought this post back up. It was a funny story and one I can relate to.

--------------------
symptoms since 1993 that I can remember. 9/2018 diagnosed with Borellia, Babesia Duncani, and Bartonella Hensalae thru DNA Connections.

Posts: 1470 | From Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hah, I had something slide between the keys on the keyboard...a crumb of Doritoes.

Then the kitten lay on the keys, and the next time I tried to type, I could not get any "b's."

That was a couple days ago, and as you can see, the B key is functional again.

Carol

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for getting back to me, TC - I've been holding my breath the entire time, waiting and wondering why you didn't answer Earl-ier. I just blew the clouds away tonite when I let it out...

Carol, so happy for you that you got your B key back, otherwise you would have spilled a crum etween the keys of your keyoard

and when TC never writes ack, it would e ecause she's pro'a'ly dealing with the soda ottle and ugs again.

And even kidsgotlyme would have had to deal with a post rought ack too.

Can't wait to see what our distinguished moderator Tutu has to say about how many boards old she is...

[ 08-07-2010, 04:25 AM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

[lol]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought you had rewritten the story about Earl.. sort of ressurecting him... but then I saw it was the ORIGINAL STORY. How cool is THAT?! [Big Grin]

I think I am "two boards old"... is that really old?? I first came here sometime in the fall of 2000....so it's almost my 10th anniversary!! And coming up on 6 yrs since going off treatment!

How long ya been here, TC?

How's Earl doing today??

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IckyTicky
Member # 21466

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IckyTicky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL... the soda thing is SO one of MY typical days!
Thanks for the laugh, even if it was at your expense [Smile]

--------------------
IGM: 18+, 23+, 30+, 31+++, 34+, 39IND, 41++, 58+++, 66+, 83-93IND
IGG: 31+, 39IND, 41+
Also positive for Mycoplasma Pneumoniae and RMSF.
Whole family of 5 dx with Lyme.

Posts: 1014 | From Texas | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icky.. I still laugh remembering that day. Wasn't so funny then, but now I can laugh.

Tutu..

2 boards old! You are a legend! And a ten year anniversary coming up. WOW!

Let me say before the others do...

THANK YOU!!!!

As for Earl... like the "genius mice" that enter (and exit) my life... his legend lives on ... and so do his great great grandchildren!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tincup... YOU are the legend! You were here before me, right?? How many boards old are YOU!?

[Razz]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Tincup
Member # 5829

Yo TuTu,

With 10 years and nearly 50,000 posts, you ain't fooling no one dearie!

You's old as the hills!

HA!

You ask a good question.

I do remember there was a Lyme Net News Letter and it looks like from the archive that the newsletter started back in 1993.

http://www2.lymenet.org/domino/nl.nsf/By+Volume?OpenView&Start=1&Count=30&Expand=1#1

And dates I am sketchy on... but there was a board where all the posts were in one long line going down the page. Don't know if that was before, during or after the newsletter was being published.

From what I remember we didn't have Medical, General, etc... I believe it was just a long posting board. The GOOD old days.

Not sure but possibly there were 3 versions of LymeNet before you joined? The paper edition, and maybe 2 more boards or updates to boards?

We ought to ask LouB or some of the other old timers.

In the "old days", I believe Ann OH had a publication called the Bulls-Eye? It was one of the few publications where people could find good information. A real life-saver for many.

I remember when the LDF was formed ... and LDA... and ILADS.. and CALDA. I remember when our docs started being targeted and harassed by medical boards, via Bumsteere's butt kissers and the IDSA toads.

With all that thinking, now I need a nap!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by Tincup:

I remember when the LDF was formed ... and LDA... and ILADS.. and CALDA. I remember when our docs started being targeted and harassed by medical boards, via Bumsteere's butt kissers and the IDSA toads.

Now, THAT is OLD!! [lol]

You with 70,000 posts!(?)

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Robin123
Member # 9197

70,000 posts? Yikes - 11,000-plus is just the tail end - no wonder you're tired!

And Earl would have descended from a
long
long
long
long
ancestral line as well...

Tincup
Member # 5829

Tutu is just trying to make me look REALLY old... even older than her. If that is even possible!

HA!

[lol]

But yes, I am tired. When I first started drawing ticks with black magic markers on green sheets of paper and typing up what ever I knew about Lyme on those crude educational handouts and mini-posters 20 plus years ago...

I never knew I'd one day end up in one of the most corrupt situations I've ever seen... with so many innocent people's lives being negatively affected and destroyed, all for the want of a dollar.

But we won't go away....

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

Too tired to write a new story ... so this old one will have to do. Your comments make me laugh... just what I needed.

Funny too. The original post date was 2001 I believe. Back then I had been dating Mel Gibson every Friday night. We use to have fun times going to the Apple-Scrapple festivals, flying in his plane to exotic places, sailing with Jimmy Buffett, etc.

Chaz wrote... "Just wanted to tell you about a dream I had. In it Mel was going to leave the wife and kids and his mistress (didn't know it was you - this dream was a while back) for me but I talked him out of it. Sorry to have (LOL) to tell you this but I thought you should know."

Looks like her dream came true!

HA!

[lol]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

BTW- Earl has moved. He now lives outside in my car mirror- drivers side. He is quite big too!

Each time I wash the car and take down his BIG web, he manages to hide somewhere and sneak back later to re-weave it.

I've noted he is out mostly at night, but when I see him I don't have the heart to squish him or shoot him.

But I really would like it if he didn't keep making his web that is so big it goes from the car door handle to the mirror!

Anyone want to send him a note and demand he at least do his web weaving on the passenger side?

Much appreciated.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

Up for fun...

[lol]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Dogsandcats
Member # 28544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogsandcats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought I fell into either a rabbit hole or the "does marijuana help Lyme disease?" post.

I think the rabbit hole: I am going to ask Alice, I think she will know.

--------------------
God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.

Billy Graham

Posts: 1967 | From California | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JeniferM
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31996

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JeniferM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my gosh! Those clutzy days where you drop everything... here I thought it was just me :-)

I'm assuming Earl is a spider? I can't imagine knowing a spider that large is anywhere near my car. I don't think I would ever go to get into my car again if there was a huge web stuck to it frequently. shiver!

--------------------
IgM: [18++,31+++,34++,41++,83-93+] [39 IND]
IgG: [41 IND]
Positive according to IGeneX. Negative according to CDC. Negative for co-infections.
Currently treating for Lyme, Bartonella, Babesia

Posts: 225 | From Minnesota | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
payne
Member # 26248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
tincup what do you get when you cross a tick and a rabbit with mariwanta ?
a dancing tickamcallit.

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

[lol]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

DanielleMC
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22997

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DanielleMC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just found this old post while doing some browsing.. I must say TinCup, you seriously made my day. I haven't laughed so hard in awhile as I could see the whole incident happening in my head. LOL

I think I just might have a good day today!

THANK YOU

--------------------
7/09- WB IGG Neg all bands -WB IGM Pos bands 23 & 41.
Treated w/ 21 days of Doxy.
10/09- WB IGG Pos bands 41 & 58 -WB IGM Pos bands 23 & 41.
04/11- WB IGG Pos band 66 -WB IGM Pos bands 23 & 41 Pos EBV.

Posts: 121 | From Western PA | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twicebitten
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for twicebitten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great stuff! I have days where I wonder if I could hang on to anything.
The funniest time I can remember this happening was probably 5 or 6 years ago. Before we lost our house or filed for bankruptcy.
My husband brought me a cup of coffee and he handed it to me. I grasped it fine and before both our sets of eyes, I just poured it right out on the floor.

Well, my surprise was great, and my dh had his mouth wide open gasping. We just locked eyes in wonder. Finally, after what seemed like an hour, he said,"why did you pour it in the floor?"..
I was like, "I don't know." As I watched my hand pour out the hot coffee I wondered why it was doing that as I definately did not tell it to that I was aware of...
Dh was confused, as was I. He said maybe I was going crazy, like the neurologist and other docs implied.

Of course, I cleaned up the mess, got another cup and managed to get that one in my mouth. We have often spoke of that incident, although there have been many more. That seemed a turning point in him realizing more of the extent of this and it's effects on me.

He actually got to see it first hand, the things I'd been telling him of and trying to explain.

--------------------
One day at a time

Posts: 409 | From TX | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Twice, I had similar coffee spill events start to happen to me in the coffee shops, and there I had to deal with store workers warily eyeing me each time I came in.

So I learned to do a very careful two-hand coffee management process so the clerks wouldn't have to go running for the mop. I know what you mean - very disconcerting...

Tincup
Member # 5829

Up just for some fun. My tea spill today made me think about this post.

[lol]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

Fifteen years later and I am still the "big spill"!

Cleaned the kitchen today- one of those take everything out and apart and put it all back together again whether it needs it or not cleans.

Was going to do it while listening to the race. The race took three hours, the cleaning took about eight. Underestimated that one, now didn't I?

Did the floor scrubbing last, and set up fans to make it dry faster. How clean it was!

Once it was dry I decided to get some hot green tea with honey and milk- a pint full- and rest a bit.

Reached over to turn off the fan and when pulling my arm back I hit the pint of tea. It spilled (more like flew) all over the table, the chair and covered at least 3/4 of the floor and part of one wall.

Did I mention it covered my bare legs and feet too? Hot tea? Why that makes someone have to suddenly go to the bathroom, I don't know, but it did.

Tried to quickly dry my feet enough to cross the recently cleaned carpet area, using my nice clean kitchen towels, but slid across the floor anyhow. Right down on my butt.

Tried to get up and my knees were still dripping wet with tea and honey and milk. Went down again. Then hands got wet trying to push myself up off the floor.

Ended up crawling quickly to the carpet and pulling myself up with a chair.

The good part? The only "wet" I had to clean up was the tea.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

Just Don made mention of this post on my FB page. Took a while to find it, but this is the one.

[lol]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crying from laughing my ass off !

You made my day. Classic Tincup [lol]

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hey, TC .. I have one of those spiders living in my driver's side mirror too. We have so much in common! [lol]

PS .. I'm still tired. How about you? [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TC, this makes me laugh out loud (for real) over and over again!!!
This sounds like me!

I long ago gave up on anything but plastic cups, because of the neuropathy/motor problems in my hands.

In my kitchen, EVERYTHING lands on the floor, plus all over everything else. Every pill, or so it seems, and I take tons of them. Anyway, your telling of it is soooo funny!! I bet you had a few choice words along the way.

Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement