LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Charlie says hello!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Charlie says hello!
MagicAcorn
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MagicAcorn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Charlie is ok.

Just talked to him and Jenny. They rode it out ok. He asked me to let everyone know he and Jenny are all right.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1279 | From In hiding | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay!

[Smile]

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Smile]
Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymednva
Member # 9098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymednva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So glad to hear they came through OK. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Lymednva

Posts: 2407 | From over the river and through the woods | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hshbmom
Member # 9478

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hshbmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great news Acorn, thanks for the message.
Posts: 1672 | From AL/WV/OH | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tdtid
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Acorn,

Thanks for the update. I've been thinking about him today, so glad to get the news.

Cathy

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's great! My family is okay, too. Many trees are down, but everyone is safe.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[woohoo]

thanks for letting us know, acorn. i was just checking in to see if there was any word.

i'm so glad things are ok. i hope there wasn't too much damage, charlie. also hope that you don't have too rough a time with getting things up and running again.

mo

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doomer
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11013

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Acorn ~ ty for the update.

Charlie ~ I hope your beer stash is enough to get you through all the cleanup. Glad to hear all is ok and hope there is not much damage.

doomer

Posts: 188 | From ID | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meg
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 22

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hoping there's not too many tree branches and roof pieces to pick up. Glad you both came through this in one piece.

--------------------
Success Stories---Treatment Guidelines

Posts: 10010 | From somewhERE OVER THE Rainbow | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
carly
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to hear it, both of you.

Carly

Posts: 797 | From New York | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jjeennnniiee
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jjeennnniiee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So glad to hear you're okay, Charlie!

I've been praying for and thinking about you and your family!

[kiss] [group hug]

Love, Light, & Health,
Jennie

--------------------
My Lyme dx:11/05. My Mom's Lyme dx:5/16. ISO ASAP-Lyme Literate Dr & Neurologist-Prefer IL, IN, KY, MO, OH, TN. Can travel farther. Finances limited. Prefer Drs take Medicare or Payments. Need great list to find best fit. Tyvm.

Posts: 701 | From Owensboro, KY | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yea, the buzzard made it!!! [Big Grin]

My family is OK too... most have no power.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 95970 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Acorn, thanks so much for the news! I've been wondering how they fared.

Hope he gets power back soon so he can join us on Lymechat and tell us all about it!

You were awesome for staying up with him last night even though you were so exhausted! You kept us all going with the Hurricane Party!!

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 14 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WHOOPIE!! good news on charlies and jen !! [bonk] [bow]

acorn, GLAD TO SEE YOU; missed you my friend; how are you doing and i think you went back to work right?

i've missed all your wonderful, zany squirrel pictures.

glad those of you with families effected are ok too! [group hug] [kiss]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tdtid
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Acorn, will you be giving us updates on CHarlie as the days progress and clean up starts? Any idea how long they may be without power out where he is?

I know they are saying Houston could be a couple of weeks, so wondered if they have said anything of Charlie's area.

Also, on a side bar.....last night in Chat, there was a guy named Steve in Houston that lost power earlier on in the night. He's only 2o, there for college and new to the area. What a house warming gift.

Has anyone heard about how he did with all this?

Cathy

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone said on another thread that Steve made out OK. Probably doesn't have power though.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 95970 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boomerang
Member # 7979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boomerang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent news!! Glad to hear all are well.
Posts: 1366 | From Southeast | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sometimesdilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Charlie! [hi]

Welcome back to online..

I wonder how long it'll be before you get to read the hello's here.

Not living in hurricane-land, I'm woefully ignorant about what ya'll do after the storm when you have no power for days and days.

Do you fire up the grill and cook cans of baked beans? How do you keep your cases of beer cold?

If power is out for miles and miles, where do you go to buy food?

You don't have hot water, right? So you have to take cold showers?? [Eek!]

Is it kinda like camping in your house?

Just wondering...

hugs, Dilly

Posts: 2505 | From lost in the maze | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE HEADS UP ABOUT CHARLIE AND JENNY.

I'M SO GLAD THAT THEY'RE OK.

AND IF NEEDED WILL AIRLIFT MORE VITAL CASES OF FERMENTED HOPS.

[lick] [lol] [Wink]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 5644 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sometimesdilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
heard from Hurricane Charlie a bit ago.

no power, and none coming anytime soon. He and Jenny have a generator that is keeping the refrig going, but that's about it.

nearby stores are opne- including Walmart, so they able to buy food and stuff.

Cell phone service comes and goes (sounds like mostly goes), and worst of all, says Hurricane Charlie, NO INTERNET.

He sends hellos to everyone and is really really looking forward to being back online.

dill

Posts: 2505 | From lost in the maze | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

up
lymednva
Member # 9098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymednva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dilly said:

quote:
no power, and none coming anytime soon. He and Jenny have a generator that is keeping the frig going, but that's about it.

Gee maybe Geneal can send him her generator. It seemed to support the computer. I recall she said they had to alternate what was on in order for it to work.

Miss you Charlie. Hope to see you again, soon!

--------------------
Lymednva

Posts: 2407 | From over the river and through the woods | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Bummer!! I'm glad they're OK though.

I just talked to my brother [in Houston] and they have power, but the stores aren't open. They found one that was open, but it had no meat, no milk.. basically nothing perishable.

My nephew and his family have power, my cousin [near charlie] has power... Gotta check on the rest of the family today.

The devastation in the Gulf Coast is really bad. Can you imagine being without a home and/or a job??

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Charlie, chat just isn't the same without you.

Missing you dear friend!!!

xo

[kiss]

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad you made it through, Charlie. I know your area is dealing with alot right now. Enjoy the beer!
Posts: 13084 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DILLY, thanks for update on charlie; glad they are holding their own.

tutu, yes, losing your home and work place destroyed too ... hard to find positives but your LIVES WERE SPARED!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blackpowder
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13637

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackpowder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Charlie glad to hear you made it through
Hope your supplies are holding out. If that
armadillo wasn't gone he probably blew away

now. Good luck to you and yours. Get back
to chat soon.

Posts: 111 | From Pa | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad you made it through Charlie, now for an important question, did you have enough BEER?

My parents and sister's family are still without power. They can text me, and I'm their source of news.

I looked at the satellite images of Crystal Beach and found where their beach house was .... all that's left is a slab.

Hurry back to chat Charlie!!!!!!

Tutu, when will we see you in chat???

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
glad to hear you made it through the storm. [Smile]

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by sixgoofykids:

I looked at the satellite images of Crystal Beach and found where their beach house was .... all that's left is a slab.

what a shame!!!

Tutu, when will we see you in chat???
hmmmm... maybe soon...

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm still wondering if charlie had any geraldo sightings.

be well, charles. still thinking of you.

mo

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

y'all think we need to airlift in some coronas for charlie??

he must be running low...

-d

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by sometimesdilly:
y'all think we need to airlift in some coronas for charlie??

he must be running low...

Include ICE!! [Cool]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement