LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » I lost my dishcloth....... any ideas??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I lost my dishcloth....... any ideas??
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's always an adventure with us Lymies. I just washed some dishes and now I can't find my dishchloth.

SERIOUSLY!!! [lol]

Since you guys have probably been through similar situations.....

WHERE is it??? [confused] All guesses welcomed! [Big Grin]

Top prize to be determined!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 95805 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tdtid
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, I'm laughing because I bet we ALL can relate to this one.

Let me see, did you check the refrigerator? You don't want to know how many things I have put in there or the freezer that did NOT belong there. [Smile]

Perhaps the garbage? That sounds like something I would do.

Cathy

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LittleLymie19
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LittleLymie19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lol!

I always lose my water bottle and end up finding it on the counter in the bathroom. Did you take a bathroom break and take the dish cloth with you?

Haha...

Posts: 710 | From West Coast | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
northstar
Member # 7911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for northstar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
td suggested:
quote:

Perhaps the garbage? That sounds like something I would do.

and something I have done....scissors, sponges, bills, food meant to be in frig, full set of car keys....ho hum.....been there.....if I did not have a tall hedge, the entire neighborhood would think I was homeless...

Northstar

Posts: 1331 | From hither and yonder | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
checked all 3!!! [dizzy] [Big Grin]

I also checked the dishwasher! NOPE!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 95805 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
northstar
Member # 7911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for northstar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and if you have a disposal, might want to check that
before hitting the switch!

and may want to check the
laundry room
garage
dish shelves
pantry
stove
oven
desk
floor
table
shoulder
pocket
sink
tableware drawers
knife drawers
floor
under toe kick

gads I am feeling frustrated for you
!!!!!

North

Posts: 1331 | From hither and yonder | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charlie
Member # 25

Icon 5 posted      Profile for charlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
....what's a dishcloth???
Posts: 2804 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bejoy
Member # 11129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bejoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My best one was putting the keys in the toaster for breakfast. Is your dishcloth with the waffles? Did you put it in your purse where the keys ought to be?

If you are like me, you are unlikely to find it back in the drawer with the folded clean ones.

Good luck with the hunt, and let us know where it turns up. I hope you are feeling better.

--------------------
bejoy!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1918 | From Alive and Well! | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Microwave??? Bathroom??? Near the telephone maybe???

I hate it when I walk around with something in my hand cause God only knows where it'll end up!

Good luck!!!

[spinning smile]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 5548 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well let's see....don't ask me. i'm the one that went to work with her pajamas on under her clothes....

hmmm...

refrig
cabinets
oven
bathroom
computer desk
laundry shoot or bin
washer
under the kitchen sink

i've done so many things, i really feel for you.

hey, if you can't find it, i've got tons and will send you some of mine...

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joalo
Member # 12752

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joalo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about the washing machine? or the dryer? [confused]

I've put things in the washer instead of the hamper before. [bonk]

I've also left things in the garage when I go out to feed the cats. [loco]

--------------------
Sick since January 1985. Misdiagnosed for 20 years. Tested CDC positive October 2005. Treating since April 2006.

Posts: 3228 | From Somewhere west of the Mississippi | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by charlie:
....what's a dishcloth???

[lol] [Big Grin] [lol]

I believe the top prize goes to northstar!!!

garbage disposal!

ICK!!!! ICK !!!! ICK!!!!

Hope you had fun at my expense! [spinning smile] At least I don't feel quite so stupid! [bonk]

It's obviously a small dishcloth!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we ought to start a thread with the funniest thing you've ever done and give out a prize....

or has it been done???? can't remember

--------------------

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I once found a book I was reading in the freezer. [shake]

Who the heck knows. [dizzy]

I am famous for carrying something around and then placing it

Where it can only be found days later.....usually by accident.

Hang in there.

I love you anyways. [kiss]

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8430

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always find ice cream in the cabinet... There's something about the freezer that completely escapes me... I just can't remember to put things back.

I once found my car keys in the shower... Glad they were discovered before anything catastrophic happened to the expensive little device.

My favorite was a chicken nugget in the nightstand... Don't ask, 'cause I oviously don't know.

It seems anything I'm holding on to is at risk of getting lost. It sure is fun to find things. [Smile]

--------------------
Sometimes when I say Oh, Im fine I want someone to look me in the eyes & say tell the truth

Myspace: http://tinyurl.com/5p64ed

Posts: 644 | From WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am no help Tutu..I can't find a store bought cooked chicken from a month ago...Keep thinking it will turn up..Didn't know it was lost for a couple of days....

Just praying it was left in the bottom of the cart or there will be a bio hazard tape around here soon..

Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8430

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DizzyUp:

It is sort of like an adult version of Hide and Seek, only things take days to find. [bonk]

...and they can get really stinky or messy if you don't find them in time...

I really think they should make packaging that holds up a little better against melted ice cream. It's pretty bad when you wake up in the morning and there are puddles everywhere.

--------------------
Sometimes when I say Oh, Im fine I want someone to look me in the eyes & say tell the truth

Myspace: http://tinyurl.com/5p64ed

Posts: 644 | From WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
madge
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13704

Icon 1 posted      Profile for madge     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i don't have lyme an i've been known to fold my dish towel and put it in with the other clean towels...as for car keys...i should put a chain on them and put it around my neck...so you don't have to be sick to do these things..my problem is age... its true you really do forget things more with age.... [loco]

--------------------
madgen

Posts: 342 | From newjersey | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay TuTu...this is gross...BUT....did you have to go to the bathroom when you finished the

dishes and you forgot you had it in your hand and uh well you know.. you said you had a bladder infection..

.CALL THE PLUMBER!!

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

nothing can top the time i brushed my teeth with vagisil.....

it does not taste so good, but neither does my toothpaste....

ugh....

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by lymemomtooo:
I am no help Tutu..I can't find a store bought cooked chicken from a month ago...Keep thinking it will turn up..Didn't know it was lost for a couple of days....

check the far reaches of your TRUNK again...I had that happen with raw meat one time! PHEW!!!

It had slid way back to the "front" of the trunk.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by glm1111:
[QB] Okay TuTu...this is gross...BUT....did you have to go to the bathroom when you finished the

dishes and you forgot you had it in your hand and uh well you know.. you said you had a bladder infection..

.CALL THE PLUMBER!!

EEK!! no, thank goodness!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by Geneal:

I am famous for carrying something around and then placing it here it can only be found days later.....usually by accident.

That's what I was afraid of ... thought I'd find it somewhere REALLY weird!

Thank goodness I got it out of the garbage disposal in time! I was rinsing a big pot and all the water just carried it "downstream!" [lol]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

shazdancer
Member # 1436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shazdancer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It all depends on what else you were doing, either at the same time or right after you did the dishes. It's the multi-tasking thing. I couldn't do it at all when I was sick.

I'd check the cupboard where you put your dishes, if I were you. But if the phone rang while you were doing dishes, it's by the phone or somewhere on the way to the phone.

My kid went to make a chocolate milk once, and put the gallon of milk in with the glasses. But because we both had Lyme, I knew right where to look!

-- Shaz

Posts: 1558 | From the Berkshires | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meg
Member # 22

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe we should start a fund to buy you a bigger washcloth....? [Razz] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Success Stories---Treatment Guidelines

Posts: 10010 | From somewhERE OVER THE Rainbow | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by Meg:
Maybe we should start a fund to buy you a bigger washcloth....? [Razz] [Big Grin] [/QB]

I like it small! But thanks...I'll take any handouts I can get!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

tad
Member # 14433

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This thread is a good laugh.

My most lyme brain moment, looking all over for my glasses. Looked for about 10 minutes before I realized I was wearing them!

Posts: 41 | From Singapore | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey TuTu,

So glad the mystery is over.

Randibear-EEEWWWW!!!! Vagisil for toothpaste!!! EEEWWWW!!!!!

[bonk]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 5548 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kpoindexter
Member # 17910

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kpoindexter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get in the shower, wash hair, was body, turn water off, then stand there and wonder, did I wash my hair.

I then proceed to turn the water back on and do it all over again.

Max rewashes so far (I think) has been three.

Just this morning, I took a bowl from the cabinet to have breakfast. Walked to the other cabinet to get the cereal. Then walked back and took another bowl from the cabinet. It wasnt until after setting three bowls on the counter I realized what I had done.

I really hate this.

Posts: 25 | From Myersville,Maryland | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Few days ago I got a glass of water from the frig,and probably something else to eat.

Looked for 2 days for that glass of frige water. NO glass anywhere

Opened frig for food later that week,,there it was a COLD glass of water,,,right there on the shelf.

MY big problem is I put a pencil to draw lines behind my ear to keep track of it. Guess my ears arent what they used to be.

Pencil is ALWAYS gone when I reach for it and need it RIGHT NOW!!!OR my hooded sweat shirt and jacket are rubbing it the wrong way!!

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hshbmom
Member # 9478

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hshbmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Randibear, I have a similar toothpaste funny, but I'm not sure I can blame it on Lyme brain:

It was the middle of the night, we were visiting my in-laws for Christmas. I didn't want to wake anyone when changing my son's diaper, so I didn't turn on the light.

I grabbed the A & D ointment and slathered up his bottom. I noticed it felt a little gritty, but I was too sleepy for that to register in my brain.

The next morning I realized I put toothpaste on his bottom. Poor kid!

Oh my, I'll never live that one down.

Posts: 1672 | From AL/WV/OH | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
toby67
Unregistered

Icon 12 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
check your underwear drawer! [dizzy]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymielauren28
Member # 13742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymielauren28     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haha! What planet have I been on not to have seen this thread until now?!

I am THE queen of losing and misplacing stuff, it's really pitiful.

So Tutu, it was in the garbage disposal?! That's better than the OVEN, which is where I found my last dishtowel - after I caught it on fire! [bonk]

Lauren

--------------------
"The only way out is through"

Posts: 1434 | From mississippi | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to hear the mystery of the missing dish cloth has been solved.

I kept watching this site to see if you have found it yet.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hcconn22
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5263

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hcconn22   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You should check your pockets. That's where I loose my keys, cell phone and other things for hours.

--------------------
Positive 10 bands WB IGG & IGM
+ Babesia + Bartonolla and NOW RMSF 3/5/09 all at Quest

And still positive ELISA and WB two years after IV treatment
http://www.lymefriends.org/profile/blake

Posts: 607 | From Tick Town, Connecticut | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
echostef
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hilarious!
Last week I found my cell phone in the refrigerator and the gallon of milk (that was missing) in the pantry, all nice and curdled.
So glad to see I'm not the only one [bonk]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Just Julie
Member # 1119

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Just Julie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did the reverse put away of cereal and milk too! A BIG hunkin' gallon of milk, in the bottom shelf of the cereal cabinet, and the cereal box in the refrigerator!

Poor hubby, he couldn't believe I put a half filled gallon container of milk in the cupboard. Like, I did this on purpose? [Wink]

One tip I finally gave myself, though. If I'm trying to think of a place to put something (like I know I'll need/use it later), I try really really hard to think of a place that I know eventually I'll one day go back to--like a drawer, or cupboard.

If I"m trying to be practical, I won't ever remember where I put that "something" at. If I put it in a place that I use frequently (like a junk drawer), then I can count on finding that certain something, eventually, and I get a bit of peace of mind from that.

Make sense?
Nah, thought not!

--------------------
Julie

Posts: 1027 | From Northern CA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And now for the question? What did I come into this room to get? [loco]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 7711 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MADDOG
Member # 18

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MADDOG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey!!!
It is in the freezer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MADDOG

Posts: 3889 | From Ohio | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement