LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to bettyg !!!! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to bettyg !!!!
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's time to tell bettyg HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! It's her 60th on Tuesday!!!

Have a great day, betty!!!

-

-

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 95453 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tdtid
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HAPPY HAPPY Birthday Betty!!!!

I wish I had even an ounce of creativity so I could write you a little ditty the way you do for everyone else on their Birthdays.

Thank you for all the help and information you have given. Hope you have a very special day tomorrow.

Cathy

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ugagal
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ugagal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will need a very big cake for 60 candles!

Happy Birthday Betty!

[woohoo]

--------------------
My comments on this site are not intended to be taken as medical advice as I'm not a physician.

Posts: 206 | From Georgia | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leelee
Member # 19112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leelee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Birthday, bettyg!

You are the best!!! [hi]

--------------------
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. Martin Luther King,Jr

Posts: 1573 | From Maryland | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Birthday Mrs. BettyG,

Who greets all "newbies" without a fee,

She got her hip restored,

And now can dance some more.

What a gift to have a friend like BettyG!

I know it isn't as good as your poems,

But I was smiling as I wrote this.

Hope you have a wonderful birthday.

Dance a polka for me.

Love,

Geneal

[Smile]

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HAppy birthday! Thanks for all you do.

Melissa

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey There Ms BettyG

I'm sending you this greeting for free,

Because it's your Birthday you see.

Blowing you kisses and the Best Birthday Wishes!!

Have a Wonderful Day,
Feelfit

An original by Feelfit Especially for BettyG

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty G.. how could it be?

Your birthday's here... how 'bout a beer?

You dance a lot

And sleep on a cot

And I think you

Can boog-a-loo

Real cool.

I don't do poems

I don't use combs

But since it's your special day...

I'll go ahead and make an exception.

Hey, this rhyming thing is over rated don't you know?

[Big Grin]

Happy birthday BG....

Do some dancing for me!

-

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocean
Member # 3496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy 60th Birthday Bettyg!!!

I know I for sure appreciate you on this board! You are a wonderful person and I hope you have a fantastic day =)

Ocean

--------------------
http://www.healingfromlymedisease.blogspot.com/

Sick since 1996...Diagnosed 10/2008

IgM:23-25 IND, 31+++, 39 IND, 41 +++
IgG: 31 IND, 41++, 58+

Posts: 1619 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melodymaker
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16434

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Melodymaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Happy Birthday
To a Gal who's really grand

Deserves a Birthday ditty
From a sixty two piece band

She keeps us all more healthy
With her Newbie Package gift

And when we're feeling lowly
Gives each one of us a lift

If we have a question
She is "Johnny on the spot"

When our brains are working
And often when they're not

So raise a glass to Betty
And then send a hug or two

For to all those on Lymenet
She will always be TRUE BLUE!

[group hug]
Happy Birthday Betty
Hope it is filled with rhymes and blessings!!

--------------------
Wishing You Showers Of Blessings!
Lyme since Fall 1983 = Diagnosed Summer 2008
IV Rocephin 7 weeks Stopped due to drug fever
Now doxycycline
"For I know the plans I have for you...plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 428 | From Sunny South | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow, thank you all; what a nice early surprise after my trip to des moines today to health conference obama put on!! hugs/kisses

tutu, yep, i'm really that old & i'm OLD FAITHFUL on this board like you! [Smile] THANK YOU GAYLE for having started doing birthday celebrations and ALL the time it takes you to do these!!! god bless you for putting YOUR special touch out there to all; you are truly one of a kind. hug/kiss

cathy, many others made up their own DITTIES for me, and boy were they good! you just keep writing your good articles about your port for other lyme folks to learn from and total strangers beginning to learn about how serious and devastating lyme/cos are!!

ugagal, yep, will have to be a BIG cake with those 60 candles, and the fire dept. is just 6 blocks from our house! lol [Smile]

lee, thank you so much [kiss]

geneal, you're hired! great poem and so loving; i too have a huge smile on my face just reading it. yep, someday i'll try a polka for my late parents memory! thanks for your friendship. remember, i consider you my YOUNGER sister since my own passed away 10 yrs. ago this aug. [group hug] [kiss]

feelfit, really cute and using my trademark .... an original by feelfit for bettyg! creative; big thanks [Smile]

tincup, thanks for your poem too, but where did you get that WINKER? huh; way to much. nope, my beer drinking days are over; 35 yrs. now. but in my day, i could belt a few [Smile]

ocean, thank you for your nice note; i do intend on enjoying every minute of this monumental day for me!

thank you all for making me feel VERY SPECIAL from my terrific lymenet friends/FAMILY! you each give so much to this board, and i'm happy to call each of you my FRIEND!

god bless you all for making my 60th birthday very special hugs/kisses to all.

melissa, wow, can you rhyme poems!!! outstanding. you really outdid yourself and working so many of the things i do into it! boy, am i impressed; you are hired too! hug/kiss

[ 05-08-2009, 06:21 PM: Message edited by: bettyg ]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow - the talent here is amazingly
present for you, bettyg! [woohoo]

so, happy birthday to bettyg
whose birthday just begs for a little dit-tee [Smile]

because she's hip and congas with glee
and no longer drives on roads i-cy [Razz]

and never sleeps, nosirree,
as she types incessantly [Cool]

to help lymenetters politically
or medically or emotionally [bow]

even when she turns six-ty
she sneaks back here to say hi to you and me... [hi]

[group hug] for bettyg! [kiss]

Posts: 13050 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
madge
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13704

Icon 1 posted      Profile for madge     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty, wishing you the best on your

birthday..you have been so good to all...your

kindness is always 100%...i thank you for all

your help....now have alot of fun on this

big birthday...60 WOW!!!!

[spinning smile]

--------------------
madgen

Posts: 342 | From newjersey | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kreynolds
Member # 15117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kreynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy 60th to you with many more years to come!!!

Thanks for all you do for the Lyme Community!

Take this day, relax and enjoy it!!! You deserve it!

Happy Birthday to YOU! [group hug]

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

Quest: + IGG Bands 18,23,39,41,58,66 and 93.

Quest: + IGM Bands

Quest: + Bartonella (B.Henselea & B. Quintana),+ Babesia, and + Mycoplasma and Lyme-Induced Addisons Disease

+ Biofilm blood test 12/2010

Posts: 1185 | From New York | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bettyg,

I sincerely wish you the happiest birthday ever!!!

You are a bright light in the lyme community!

You are the candles burning brightly on your birthday cake!!

You are a friend to many and I wish you many, many more happy years!

Thank you for being you and for helping so many others!!!!!!!!!!

Do something just for you today.

Happy, glorious 60th Birthday, bettyg!!!!!!!

[woohoo]

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Betty, Happy Birthday..So many candles..Hope the smoke alarm doesn't go off..Ha..mine will be here in a couple of years..UGH..

Hope you can do something really fun today..You deserve it. hugs. lmt

Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hurtingramma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurtingramma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy 60th Birthday Betty!!

Thanks for all you do for Lymenet

--------------------
"Few of us can do great things, but all of us can do small things with great love". Mother Theresa

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1629665573&ref=name

Posts: 938 | From Northeast Kingdom Vermont | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaveNJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17362

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaveNJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BettyG,

Looks like everyone is taking a shot so here goes....this is my shout out to BettyG. Try getting a rap beat going her if you can and do some scratching during the brekout.

Yo!! her name is Bettyg there is no deception
She's always the first on Lyment to make the reception
When people go on-line about to learn about their infection

Shes always out there fighting on the front line
shes got some super dance moves that are super so fine

She knows every protocal that was every written in the book
if you've been to infectious disease duck you will get a dirty look

Okay break it out now !!!

Yo! she's BettyG!
She Knows the LLMDs
She'll help fight your disease
she'll bless you when you sneeze

She'll tell you its okay
She hates the I D S A
She'll tell you that your sane
Its just your Lymie Brain

Yo!! her name is Bettyg i just want to say
I wanna give a shout out on her special day
Thank you for all your help..and happy BDAY!!!

Dave
warning: may have been wriiten by a 46 year old white boy from the burbs...rap with caution

[ 03-24-2009, 09:20 PM: Message edited by: DaveNJ ]

--------------------
On my journey to wellness - One day at a time.

Posts: 989 | From NJ | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rose1936
Member # 19610

Icon 6 posted      Profile for rose1936     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Birthday Betty. I would like to thank you for all the great info. I'm new at this
Posts: 4 | From culpeper, va | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Birthday to you

Aren't you the rhyming guru

Betty G....60 and tricky

Able to live life

even though she is rickety

I bet she makes a good wife!!

(Boy was that lame...a betty g I am not! I am wishing many happy moments today)

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paulieinct
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paulieinct     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Birthday Bettyg. I beat you by about 9 mos. You are now officially in the SEVENTH decade of your life. Ain't it grand? Better than the alternative anyway. All best. -Paulie

--------------------
Sick since at least age 6, now 67. Decades of misdiagnosis. Numerous arthritic, neuro, psych, vision, cardiac symptoms. Been treating for 7 years, incl 8 mos on IV. Bart was missed so now treating that.

Posts: 765 | From nw ct | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Old Faithful .. that was good, betty!!! [Smile] and thanks for the kudos!

[bow] Dave and Melodymaker .. OVER THE TOP!!!

[Big Grin] yo!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 95453 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy happy to you. Happy b-day to bettyg. Happy b-day to you. And many more.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6444 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy 60th birthday bettyg! Hope you get to enjoy your specail day!

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pab
Member # 904

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy 60th Birthday Betty!

--------------------
Peggy

~ ~ Hope is a powerful medicine. ~ ~

Posts: 2775 | From MN | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
astriapage
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17120

Icon 1 posted      Profile for astriapage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Birthday Betty! Hope it is a great one-You deserve it!

Astria

Posts: 303 | From Jekyll Island, GA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starfall1969
Member # 17353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starfall1969     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There once was a lady named Betty
Who was sweet, smart, and never petty.
She got bit by a tick,
And she got quite sick [Frown]
So she ran off to live with the Yeti.

Happy, happy birthday! Hey, you could roast a lot of ticks with 60 candles!!!

Posts: 1682 | From Dillsburg, PA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NMN
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11007

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NMN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy B-day B [Big Grin]

x

--------------------
Pos BB and Bart(Q & H IGG pos)
Began treat 1 year after start of illness. Diagnosed Feb 2007.

Posts: 648 | From Ireland | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaveNJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17362

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaveNJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Starfall,

Nice move working sasquatch into your limerick.

Dave

--------------------
On my journey to wellness - One day at a time.

Posts: 989 | From NJ | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zebco 33
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18376

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zebco 33     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Birthday Betty.

As you look back across the years that have brought you to this day, I wish you happy memories and love.

As you look forward for many more years, I hope you grow in Faith and Compassion as you have in years gone by.

May God be with you in the years that lie ahead and know I am very grateful for all you've done here so graciously.

P.S. Thanks for the help with my "puppies"!!

Party On! [woohoo] [woohoo] Connie

Posts: 145 | From Paris, Tn. | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThatColorGreen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThatColorGreen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

--------------------
...trying to be the coffee bean, not the egg.

Posts: 420 | From East Coast | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like Betty
hasn't checked in yet(i)...

Posts: 13050 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nenet
Member # 13174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
60? I wouldn't have guessed a day over 39! Happy Birthday Betty, and thank you for all that you do for the Lyme fight, and for all of us.

You've come a long way, and done so much for so many. I hope you have a great week and treat yourself extra special!

--------------------
Dr. C's Western Blot Explanation

Lymenet Success Stories

ILADS Treatment Guidelines

Medical & Scientific Literature on Lyme

"Long-Term Antibiotic Therapy Improves Persistent Symptoms Associated with Lyme Disease"

Posts: 1176 | From KY | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Robin123:

wow - the talent here is amazingly
present for you, bettyg!

so, happy birthday to bettyg
whose birthday just begs for a little dit-tee [Smile]

because she's hip and congas with glee
and no longer drives on roads i-cy [Razz]

and never sleeps, nosirree,
as she types incessantly [Cool]

to help lymenetters politically
or medically or emotionally [bow]

even when she turns six-ty
she sneaks back here to say hi to you and me... [hi]

[group hug] for bettyg! [kiss]

to all, THANK YOU ALL FOR MAKING MY ENTIRE DAY/NIGHT!

i'm going to reply 1 by 1 so i don't overlook the many kind, generous, and loving notes and HILARIOUS POEMS that have kept me laughing ... those good belly laughs!! [Smile]

robin, that was truly wonderful!
yes, i hate those icy roads, but also HEAVY RAIN DOWNPOURS like yesterday when i couldn't see the highway for 5 minutes on my way to health conference in des moines! uffda

yes, my sleep hours have been so mixed up but terrible the last 3 years ... so here you will find me until i fall over on my chair and hit the 4 drawer file to wake me up ... betty, go to bed! shakes head...

bettyg
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by madge:

Betty, wishing you the best on your
birthday..you have been so good to all...

your kindness is always 100%...i thank you for all
your help....now have alot of fun on this
big birthday...60 WOW!!!! [spinning smile]

madge, thank you so much for your kind words; yes, it is genuine 100%. you are welcome! [Smile]
bettyg
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Kreynolds:

Happy 60th to you with many more years to come!!!
Thanks for all you do for the Lyme Community!
Take this day, relax and enjoy it!!! You deserve it!
Happy Birthday to YOU! [group hug]

roy, yes, i'm looking forward to many more good years and CANDLES to blow out. i enjoyed my day; thank you! [Smile]
bettyg
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Dekrator48:
bettyg,

I sincerely wish you the happiest birthday ever!!!
You are a bright light in the lyme community!
You are the candles burning brightly on your birthday cake!!
You are a friend to many and I wish you many, many more happy years!
Thank you for being you and for helping so many others!!!!!!!!!!

Do something just for you toda [kiss] y.
Happy, glorious 60th Birthday, bettyg!!!

dek,
what beautiful, generous words you wrote me; makes the heart feel yummy. thank YOU for everything you contribute and your beautiful way with words that do not offend anyone! on this board, that is hard, but YOU have mastered that! [group hug] [kiss]

bettyg
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by lymemomtooo:

Hey Betty, Happy Birthday..So many candles..Hope the smoke alarm doesn't go off..Ha..mine will be here in a couple of years..UGH..

Hope you can do something really fun today..You deserve it. hugs. lmt

lymemomtoo,
YEP THE SMOKE ALARM WENT OFF! lol [Smile] couldn't resist. yes, i had fun; will describe later!
thank you my dear friend for taking the time to leave me your loving message.
[group hug] [kiss]

bettyg
Unregistered

hurtingramma, rose, map, azure, pab, astria, nmn,

wow, thank you all for taking time to stop by here and your beautiful bd greetings and sentiments. they are all heartfully accepted with pleasure and a huge smile is on my face as i type you my thank you for making MY day ALL OF YOU LISTED & ABOVE!!!

lymenet friends are very special and loving; they accept you AS YOU ARE. [group hug] [kiss]

bettyg
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by DaveNJ:
BettyG,

Looks like everyone is taking a shot so here goes....this is my shout out to BettyG.

Try getting a rap beat going her if you can and do some scratching during the brekout.

Yo!! her name is Bettyg there is no deception
She's always the first on Lyment to make the reception
When people go on-line about to learn about their infection

Shes always out there fighting on the front line
shes got some super dance moves that are super so fine

She knows every protocal that was every written in the book
if you've been to infectious disease duck you will get a dirty look

Okay break it out now !!!

Yo! she's BettyG!
She Knows the LLMDs
She'll help fight your disease
she'll bless you when you sneeze

She'll tell you its okay
She hates the I D S A
She'll tell you that your sane
Its just your Lymie Brain

Yo!! her name is Bettyg i just want to say
I wanna give a shout out on her special day
Thank you for all your help..and happy BDAY!!!

Dave
warning: may have been wriiten by a 46 year old white boy from the burbs...rap with caution

davenj, god bless you for giving me the best belly laugh of them all; i was still laughing 5 minutes after i read.

boy did you capture me well:

welcoming newbies here;
yes, i give that dirty look on idsa often here; right? [tsk]
yes giving out llmd info;
it's NOT in your head...it's neuro lyme;

and for a white 46 yr. old man; dave; i'd hire you anytime!! you smoothy you; from this white haired lady of 60 !! [group hug] [kiss]

bettyg
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by kam:

Happy Birthday to you
Aren't you the rhyming guru

Betty G....60 and tricky
Able to live life
even though she is rickety

I bet she makes a good wife!!

(Boy was that lame...a betty g I am not! I am wishing many happy moments today)

kam, you did fine; yep, i'm rickety. i keep telling folks i'm 18 in a 81 yr. old body!!

i'm blessed to have a great hubby who allows me time on here helping all of you, when these are HIS golden years so i need to cut down here and enjoy what we have left together too.

kam, you're hired too! thanks for stopping by and i know it took alot of brain power from you ... that's not easy on you i know! [group hug] [kiss]

bettyg
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by paulieinct:

Happy Birthday Bettyg.
I beat you by about 9 mos. You are now officially in the SEVENTH decade of your life. Ain't it grand? Better than the alternative anyway.
All best. -Paulie

paulie, happy belated birthday by 9 months! you're the older man in my life. lol [Smile]

i'm so happy to arrived at this age. losing my only sister, marilyn, at age 41 of breast cancer to the liver was terrible.

she'd say to me, i wish i had the extra 9 years ...our age difference so she could have watched both of her children be confirmed, graduate from high school, get married, and grandkids!

so each year is VERY PRECIOUS for me as i celebrate them for me and HER! [group hug] [kiss]

bettyg
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Starfall1969:

There once was a lady named Betty
Who was sweet, smart, and never petty.

She got bit by a tick,
And she got quite sick [Frown]
So she ran off to live with the Yeti.

Happy, happy birthday! Hey, you could roast a lot of ticks with 60 candles!!!

starfire, you're hired too! [group hug] [kiss]
that was another great poem and i loved the part about running off to live with the YETI!!

yes, LET'S ROAST TICKS; BYOT; bring your own ticks! wouldn't it be nice to get rid of these devastating devil ticks?

bettyg
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Zebco 33:

Happy Birthday Betty.

As you look back across the years that have brought you to this day, I wish you happy memories and love.

As you look forward for many more years, I hope you grow in Faith and Compassion as you have in years gone by.

May God be with you in the years that lie ahead and know I am very grateful for all you've done here so graciously.

P.S. Thanks for the help with my "puppies"!!

Party On! Connie

zebco/ connie,

thank you for your words of wisdom; i hope for continued compassion and faith, and so glad i was able to help your puppies! lol [Big Grin] [lol]

[ 05-08-2009, 06:22 PM: Message edited by: bettyg ]

bettyg
Unregistered

that colorgreen, thanks for stopping by with your good wishes too! [Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by nenet:

60? I wouldn't have guessed a day over 39!
Happy Birthday Betty, and thank you for all that you do for the Lyme fight, and for all of us.

You've come a long way, and done so much for so many. I hope you have a great week and treat yourself extra special!

nenet, oh; i'm jack benny too; was 21 years ago ...
thank you so much for your loving words, and i did treat myself to something extra special in my post later on.... [group hug] [kiss]

[ 05-08-2009, 06:23 PM: Message edited by: bettyg ]

charlie
Member # 25

Icon 1 posted      Profile for charlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
....Happy Birthday Betty G

...In a few years you'll be as old as me.

Charlie

Posts: 2804 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

HOW I SPENT MY 60TH BIRTHDAY:

well, i was here with you folks until 2 am my time, and then collapsed in bed with my cpap. got up 930 and checked briefly my email to see what had come in.

went to bank to lock box and transferring money; getting my computer glasses fixed as they got bumped really bad and i wasn't seeing what i should have.

decided to eat out alone at the mall and a former co-worker and 2 friends were there. she has another spirochete disease, sarcoidosis! so we chatted as she sat with her friends in booth by me.

MY GIFT TO MYSELF/HUBBY TODAY!

a new 2009 chrysler, town and country, red van, 4 door and 7 passenger!! so i was getting car title at bank.

my old girl, 92 buick century, 4 door, was just starting to show her age after 17 years. so we decided to finally trade. she got GREAT MILEAGE; on road 28-34!!

this was 0% for 3 years, so why not!

i was looking ahead also knowing i feel hubby will need a wheelchair in future, and this will accommodate that easily vs. what it would have been like for our small buick.

so yesterday after getting home from the health conference in des moines, i stopped at this dealership to drive this van ONE more time.

i took it home for hubby to get inside; he looked day prior but didn't get in it. i wanted to make sure there were no problems; NOPE; thank goodness.

we talked more to make sure it was what we wanted, and we agreed and loved that new red color; our 2 other previous new ones were both navy in our almost 35 yrs. of marriage.

so after getting details on all the moving parts i should know about at dealership and 2 hrs. of paperwork; 1 yesterday and rest today; i left with it.

i had called my birthday into our local am radio, and i was 1 of 2 winners today. i got the $17 BD cake FREE; and bought myself $10 of their market bouquets: pink carnations and orange/coral mini roses where i made them up tonight.

when i got home our investor was here for scheduled meeting, boy we were hit bad last month when the bottom fell out, and got more matters cleared away. things had come up since last month in majority of things, and decided to sell off those not making profit.

so this was a very draining, mental day, but HAPPY to be driving my new vehicle, and i back up better in this one than my buick where i've been into my flower bed 3 times; got to get out there and get those tire ruts out of there.

fixed myself a good tbone i saw at grocery store awhile back; hubby doesn't like steak so fixed him a special fish meal.

then we pigged out on my marble; chocolate/white cake, but boy that frosting got to my diabetes!

later i had a good 1.5 hr. needed nap and going to bed early tonight too; i'm exhausted; 2 days straight and tomorrow too.

tomorrow, i'm meeting a lymenet member, BUGABOO, for 1st time! looking forward to it; she and i have corresponded since she joined here and she lived out of state at that time.

then i'll go visit my 97 yr. old aunt, in 2 wks., who is STILL DRIVING and in her own home.

you all comment about me and my energy! you ought to see her! she is/was still driving 2 hrs. to cedar rapids, iowa ALONE to visit niece/family normally once a month.

after that, i'll visit my step-son over there too. hubby's staying home; he doesn't go out in public, and we haven't eaten out in 5 years due to his extreme rolling hand tremors that are uncontrollable. he's very self-conscious of them and last year was falling alot. so he's failing so that's why i need to cut down daily on hours i spend here.

time for us to make more memories that will remain timeless.

had 6 snail mail birthday cards; and ALL OF YOURS HERE making me feel like QUEEN FOR DAY!

thank you all for making mine extra special; one i'll always look back on with fond memories and MANY BELLY LAUGHS at all the great poems! [group hug] [kiss]

[ 05-08-2009, 06:23 PM: Message edited by: bettyg ]

Angela Bachmann
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Angela Bachmann   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty, you're still a baby! God bless you and a belated Happy Birthday!!!

My birthday is April 27....I become a sexy "Medicare Mama"! How's that?? [hi]

Love,
Angela

--------------------
Love,
Angela
 -

Posts: 572 | From New Jersey | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

angela, what a surprise and at SUCH an hour for you!

love that medicare mama!! well i've been a medicare step-mama for 5 years i believe july 1 !!

just wished we had grandkids to enjoy, so our 3 neighbor kids next door i've adopted, and we have so much fun playing I SPY and guess what the other is thinking about. for xmas, they gave us a photo of the 3 of them at a sea world area! so cute.

thanks for the unexpected pleasure angela, and to all a good night! logging off. need my BEAUTY sleep...lol. [sleepy]

[ 05-08-2009, 06:24 PM: Message edited by: bettyg ]

Robin123
Member # 9197

quote:
Originally posted by bettyg:

then i'll go visit my 97 yr. old aunt, in 2 wks., who is STILL DRIVING and in her own home.

you all comment about me and my energy! you ought to see her! she is/was still driving 2 hrs. to cedar rapids, iowa ALONE to visit niece/family normally once a month.

I came back to see if you'd gotten here yet - I think we had as much fun writing stuff here as you did reading it.

Wanted to say it looks like you've got this kind of energy in your genes! You're still a youngun...hurrah to your aunt!

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bettyg,

So glad you had an enjoyable and productive birthday!

Thanks for your nice comments.

Enjoy your beautiful new, red van!!!

[ 03-25-2009, 11:41 AM: Message edited by: Dekrator48 ]

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think we need 60 posts for a 60ish kind of lady.

This is #52.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6444 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

robin, dek, and pam,

thanks again for such nice notes.

i mentioned my aunt; you should have know my MOM; she had more energy than all FIVE of us grown kids combined!! she was go, go, go!

hubby always commented when it was time for mom to die, she'd be pushing up the coffin lid, saying "i've got one more job to do before you put this down on me!" she's been gone 19 yrs. 7-25-09!

it was great for all of you to be using your minds on rhyming things, wasn't it?

glad YOU all had as much with my birthday wishes, greetings, and poems as i did!

i'll be meeting BUGABOO in a little while for lunch for 1st time! looking forward to it. she's 2nd person to meet from here, and i'd met 2 others here including TROUTSCOUT 4.5 years ago after my diagnosis.

pam, you mentioned getting 60; perhaps you could put a post in MEDICAL with this link to get those who NEVER come to support to stop by; sorry just a subtle hint. lol [Smile]

i love your idea though!! [group hug] [kiss]

[ 05-08-2009, 06:27 PM: Message edited by: bettyg ]

just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Birthday Betty

Too bad I missed the party

Was the ice cream and cake good??

Vans 'are' easier to get in and out of,no??

I dont like those cars so low to the ground you hit your head getting in.

Hope your around for 60 more!!

Isnt meeting lymies from this board grand??

Have met those near Pacific Ocean all the way to the Atlantic and LOTS in between,,,such fun!!

Dont celebrate so long you wear yourself out. sounds like you have alot of irons in the fire!!

I am off to beat on a few nails(or fingers),,,maybe saw some of those OFF again!!

I still have bats in my belfry being--just don--

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<<<<< BettyG >>>>>,

Happy Belated Birthday, I hope your year is full of so many blessings y'all can't contain anymore precious Lady!!!

Wish TxC' and I could give you a real hug,but the Cyber hugs have to do for now!!!

Love from Silverwolf!!!

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3467 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeMECFSMCS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeMECFSMCS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy big 60 BettyG!!! You always make the newbies feel so welcome here. And you sure do SEEM like a spunky fiery Aries!!

Many good wishes to you.

Posts: 927 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
happy birthday betty. sorry i missed it. it was a crazy day for me. (my lymie brother can't work and has become homeless and is moving in-even in his condition he's a lot stronger than me) i will catch up to you in june! didn't know we were the same age!!!

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
viva
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for viva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy birthday, Betty!

You're STILL my Lymenet hero!!!!

We're all so grateful for all you do for us, newbies and oldies alike.

Warmest wishes,

Aviva

Posts: 532 | From southeast US | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
disturbedme
Member # 12346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for disturbedme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy birthday and thanks for ALL you do!!!!

-

--------------------
One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.
~ Helen Keller

My Lyme Story

Posts: 2965 | From Land of Confusion (bitten in KS, moved to PA, now living in MD) | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymeorsomething
Member # 16359

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeorsomething     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Birthday, Betty...you're the only 60-year-old democrat I'm willing to listen to [Smile]

--------------------
"Whatever can go wrong will go wrong."

Posts: 2062 | From CT | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dmc
Member # 5102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Belated Birthday Betty!
Posts: 2675 | From ct, usa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY BETTY!!

You are a Guiding Light to many and an inspiration to help many heal with your wonderful informative newbie links.

Thank You for all that you do. [group hug] [kiss] [Smile]

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xoxoxox
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xoxoxox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope it was a great one!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Danni

--------------------
----------
Danni

Posts: 311 | From Glen Mills, PA | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HAPPY BIG 6-0 BETTYG!!! [woohoo]

You got a CAR for your birthday?!?! WOW!!! [Eek!]

ENJOY!!! ENJOY!!! ENJOY!!!

Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday!!!

Is the party over, or is there still cake, beer and polka dancing happening? [lol]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 5360 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MY3BOYS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MY3BOYS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
happy birthday!! many thanks for all you do, you sure have been able to give me not only good info but great referral to my now LLMD-- many thanks

glad to hear you enjoyed your day- go for making it all week!! why not???

i myself am the minivan mama...gotta say i love it!! plan on driving it until the wheels fall off. hubby doesnt like it so much...lol..good friend of ours still calls him anytime that song by shinia twain "man i feel like a woman" is on ...lol makes me crack up everytime!! (he wanted to buy another suv, got better deal on the van so he gave in- 3 kids and i love it)

sorry to stop by belated, but better late than never!! not good at poems so will just wish you very blessed year!! happy bday and my God bless you and your hubby

--------------------
i am not a Dr. any info is only for education, suggestion or to think/research. please do not mis-intuprest as diagnostic or prescriptive, only trying to help. **

dx in 08:lyme, rmsf, bart, babs, and m.pneumonia.

Posts: 422 | From TX | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Ha - map got her wish - these posts over 60 are to grow on...
troutscout
Member # 3121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for troutscout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoa......................

Young again!!!!!

Nice to have you around...fellow Iowan!

Trout [Wink]

--------------------
Now is the time in your life to find the "tiger" within.
Let the claws be bared,
and Lyme BEWARE!!!
www.iowalymedisease.com
[/URL]  -

Posts: 5262 | From North East Iowa | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hoot
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19281

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's your birthday!
It's your birthday!

Have a Happy one!
Hope your cake was yummy!!!

[lick]

Jen

Posts: 236 | From Illinois | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bejoy
Member # 11129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bejoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Birthday Betty!

Hope this year is the best ever!

Love Ya!

--------------------
bejoy!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1918 | From Alive and Well! | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by just don:

Happy Birthday Betty
Too bad I missed the party
Was the ice cream and cake good??
Vans 'are' easier to get in and out of,no??
I dont like those cars so low to the ground you hit your head getting in.

Hope your around for 60 more!!
Isnt meeting lymies from this board grand??

Have met those near Pacific Ocean all the way to the Atlantic and LOTS in between,,,such fun!!

Dont celebrate so long you wear yourself out. sounds like you have alot of irons in the fire!!

I am off to beat on a few nails(or fingers),,,maybe saw some of those OFF again!!
I still have bats in my belfry being--just don--

don, thank you so much for your wonderful comments as usual. yes, i love sitting up in the air to see what is coming down the road, and it's so much easier to back up in!!

yes, the cake was good; but i good tell on my diabetes too much icing and wasn't that awful rich stuff; just smooth.

glad you explained where those bats in the belfry were! after all, they say it's all in our heads.

hope your fingers survived your hammering today.
hubby has said i can remove nails QUIETER than anyone he's met in his life ... due to lyme nose !! he's bragged about that quite a bit to friends as we remodeled our house years ago. [Smile]

[ 05-08-2009, 06:27 PM: Message edited by: bettyg ]

cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Birthday Betty!!

Hugs

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Silverwolf:
BettyG,
Happy Belated Birthday, I hope your year is full of so many blessings y'all can't contain anymore precious Lady!!!
Wish TxC' and I could give you a real hug,but the Cyber hugs have to do for now!!!
Love from Silverwolf!!!

bonny, i'll take your and txcoord's CYBER HUGS any day or night!! yes, i'm looking forward to a better year for both hubby and me. [kiss]

[ 05-08-2009, 06:28 PM: Message edited by: bettyg ]

bettyg
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by LymeCFIDSMCS:

Happy big 60 BettyG!!! You always make the newbies feel so welcome here. And you sure do SEEM like a spunky fiery Aries!!
Many good wishes to you.

mcs, i make every attempt to welcome ALL who come her looking as i did over 4.5 years ago. thank you [Smile]

NOW THEY CAN CALL ME THE RED HOT MAMA in my red van!! lol [Smile] those days are long gone....

[ 05-08-2009, 06:29 PM: Message edited by: bettyg ]

bettyg
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by lpkayak:

happy birthday betty. sorry i missed it. it was a crazy day for me. (my lymie brother can't work and has become homeless and is moving in-even in his condition he's a lot stronger than me) i will catch up to you in june! didn't know we were the same age!!!

kayak, no problem; don't sweat it.

so nice of you letting your homeless brother with lyme move in with you! you can console each other thru your lyme herxes, etc. [group hug] [kiss]

yep, i vaguely remember we are the same age too! amazing, many of us GOLDEN oldies on here [Smile]

[ 05-08-2009, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: bettyg ]

bettyg
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by viva:

Happy birthday, Betty!
You're STILL my Lymenet hero!!!!

We're all so grateful for all you do for us, newbies and oldies alike.
Warmest wishes, Aviva

aviva, thank you so much for stopping by, and i'll never forget your pm stating that above!! i have kept that note in my UPPER file for days when they don't go so good. YOU really make a person feel good and special. [group hug] [kiss]

[ 05-08-2009, 06:31 PM: Message edited by: bettyg ]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement