LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Anyone that has seen Dr. H in WI pm me pls

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone that has seen Dr. H in WI pm me pls
Toppers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toppers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am at wits end and about to go out of state, thinking about seeing this guy. Please advise.
Thanks

Posts: 499 | From Cleveland Ohio | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaS
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 10581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Toppers, let me know what you hear. I live in Wi and have been thinking abou tseeing him too. I jsut don't know if I can travel that long. It's only like 3 or 4 hours for me, but I can hardly sit in a car for five minutes anymore. I'm so sick of this disease!

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1660435643

Posts: 1078 | From Lake Geneva WI | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
toppers,

if you got info from me, there is also an email of a member, mike, from that area whose son is now in remission. he knows of hundreds of folks helped by this special llmd.

lisa, same with you; i'm sure you have mike's email ok.

off hand, i've heard of just ONE member who went there and he treated as long as possible; at that point, he couldn't help this 1 person and was referred to s. missouri llmd.

again, i have heard from over 1,000 members .... 1 case in all of my referrals there...fyi for what it is worth [Smile]

hopefully when others check here, they will see your post and send you a pm! good luck to you both [Smile]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaryL
Member # 11997

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaryL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry I can't PM as it's disabled on my PC, but 3 of us are seeing Dr. H. and are satisfied with the progress. He really seems knowledgable. It's good to know he's had Lyme himself. He seems to really care about his patients.
Posts: 81 | From Iowa | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toppers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toppers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you guys. So how does this work if I'm coming from Ohio? I obviously can't cure my ills in one trip so what exactly happens here? I fly/drive once a month there?
Posts: 499 | From Cleveland Ohio | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocean
Member # 3496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No Toppers,

We took our son to see him last month. You see him every 3 months. We liked him. PM me if you want more info, not sure who else pm'd you.

It was 575 mile drive one way for us, about 9 hours and with a 7, 5 and 2 year old in tow!

Wi is very pretty, we liked the town a lot, laid back.

Take care,
Ocean

--------------------
http://www.healingfromlymedisease.blogspot.com/

Sick since 1996...Diagnosed 10/2008

IgM:23-25 IND, 31+++, 39 IND, 41 +++
IgG: 31 IND, 41++, 58+

Posts: 1619 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toppers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20083

No one PM'd me but you answered my question. How can it be possible to see this guy as early as August, that's what the girl on the phone said.
Thanks!

Ocean
Member # 3496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He must be vacationing, my brother got in within 2 weeks and when I called for my son (on a Fri), they had just gotten a cancellation and we got in that Monday (3 days!).

I would ask if they have a cancellation list. August seems like a long time for him, unless like I said he is on vacation.

I have another name of an LLMD in PA (very close to Ohio) who takes insurance if you want that name too. He takes about 6 weeks to get into see him.

Just let me know. I gotta go in our basement and start laying flooring in a little bit (yes I'm a girl, but I'm feeling better with this raw diet and have energy again, yeah!!), so if I don't get back to you super fast, I will definitely write you in a few hours. Ok =)

Ocean

--------------------
http://www.healingfromlymedisease.blogspot.com/

Sick since 1996...Diagnosed 10/2008

IgM:23-25 IND, 31+++, 39 IND, 41 +++
IgG: 31 IND, 41++, 58+

Posts: 1619 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amy C
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amy C     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I talked to Ocean about this dr before. But wanted to get others thoughts and stories. I am concidering calling him myself.

Both my sons and myself see Dr S in PA and are thinking of getting a 2nd opinion.

Could some responders email me also?

Thanks!
Amy

--------------------
My lyme disease blog:
http://lymetimes3.blogspot.com/
One BIG Lyme family!
I tested CDC + 10/08
My mom Igenex + 11/08 & My brother Igenex + 4/09, My 2 boys some + & IND bands, clinical diagnosis 3/09 (youngest has Aspergers too)

Posts: 470 | From Painesville, Ohio | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement