LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » NEED HELP PAYING FOR MEDS FOR ANY DISEASE? DIABETES WHOLESALE SITE TOO

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: NEED HELP PAYING FOR MEDS FOR ANY DISEASE? DIABETES WHOLESALE SITE TOO
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 14 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NEED HELP PAYING FOR MEDICINE?

this applies to ALL medicines for whatever disease!!

i just got home from visiting with LEAVE IT TO BEAVER, LARRY MATHEWS, representing DIABETES patients, on the

PARTNERSHIP FOR PRESCRIPTION ASSISTANCE bus traveling nationally all over here in town today for 2 hrs. only, 10-12-09!!

they gave me the following info and i'm just going to type it up so it goes here and other places:

SERVICE TO AMERICA

since the alunch of PPA in april 05, more than 5.7 million americans have found programs that can help them pay for their medicines. thousands more find help every single day.

if you do NOT have prescription coverage and can NOT afford your medicines, call

1.888.4ppa-now or 1.888.477.2669 or visit

www.pparx.org

more than 2400 brand-name and generic medicines are covered. you could get them FREE OR NOREARLY FREE!

EXPRESS SERVICE

here's how you find out if you qualify:

1. know the NAMES and dosages of the medicines you take.

2. call toll free 1.888.477.2669

3. a trained specialst will answer your questions and help you apply.

fyi: there are 10 questions asked. i'm copying this OTHER info since it is apparently DIFFERENT FOR ALL 50 STATES!!

Medicaid/Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)

There are currently millions of uninsured and financially-struggling patients in America eligible for help through Medicaid and the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) who have not yet enrolled.

Significant health care gaps exist in the U.S. today because low-income patients do not have access to the healthcare coverage they need to better fight disease.

The Partnership for Prescription Assistance is raising awareness of these programs to help ensure that patients get access to the coverage they need to live longer, healthier and more productive lives.

Pick Your State
Get an Application
ApplyInstructions

To find out if you qualify for help, select the state on the map where you live.

The state programs will be shown with a short summary below the map.

To find out more details about that program click on the program name.

The program details will open a new window where you can see the program information including how to apply for the program.

In most states, you can complete a short application and send it through the mail. Applications should NOT be sent to PPA.

plus this info from

ADW AMERICAN DIABETES WHOLESALE

http://www.americandiabeteswholesale.com/-strse-template/contact/Page.bok

so check this out too! hugs/kisses

hope many of you will find success in your meds for LYME/CO-INFECTIONS!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i did post this in the link at top of page and will copy to TREEPATROL'S LINK and a post in medical saying to stop here to read.... [Smile]
bettyg
Unregistered

up; have you gone here and see if you QUALIFY for this free or near free program?
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'd like to know if anyone gets lyme or other coinfection meds here before i give hope to all the ppl i know with no money and no ins

please post here if you are successful. thanks.

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have Medicare .. asking for someone else... But does this help if you have Medicare?? I would think it wouldn't??

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

to both of you from what they told me yesterday, go online and chose to apply

there are 10 questions there to answer; perhaps that will answer what you were going to ask above.

after briefly visiting with them, i was impressed and this is what MONTEL advertises all the time.

many state fundings out there to be found.

DC rep told me they have helped 6 million, and can't wait to find the next 6 million folks!

that's all i know folks.

i do know that we/here on the board have had this 1-800 info on PPAA for the last 2-3 yrs in melanie's financial burdens post or 1 of the members added it as they got on it.

bettyg
Unregistered

i am checking this out a little although I DO HAVE RX COVERAGE ...

ROCEPHIN is in their data base system!!

here are the questions they ask; copying them here:

Qualifying Questions Step 2 of 4

! Please answer these short questions so we can determine the Patient Assistance Programs you may qualify for. Questions marked with an asterisk (*) are required.

* What is the patient's age?

* What is the patient's state of residence?

* What is the patient's zip code?

* What is the patient's yearly gross household
income? (ex. $12,500)

Do your total assets exceed $11,500 for an individual or $21,500 for a married couple living together?
Yes No

* What is the patient's household size? 12345678910

* Is the patient pregnant? Yes No

* Is the patient eligible for any of the following?
(Please check all that apply.)

Medicare
Medicaid
Veteran's Assistance
HMO/PPO
State Insurance
Private Insurance
None
I do not know

If "Medicare" is checked above:

If eligible, does the patient currently receive Medicare?
Yes No

If "Medicaid" is checked above:

If eligible, does the patient currently receive Medicaid?
Yes No

If "Veteran's Assistance" is checked above:

Do you receive prescription drug coverage through VA (Veteran's Administration) or your former employer?
Yes No

* Is the patient eligible for prescription drug coverage for the medicine selected previously?
Yes No

* What is the patient's residency status?

U.S. Citizen
Legal Resident of the U.S.
Other

How did you hear about PPARx.org?

that's it; i completed it with our info; of course it came back we are NOT eligible since we do have benefits.

i was testing this out for you folks; hope this helps you decide to take the Q/A ...

bettyg
Unregistered

up since i showed the questions they are asking to see if you QUALIFY FOR FREE OR NEARLY FREE MEDS FOR ANY ILLNESS!!

kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This bus came to my town. AT the time, it did not work out for me to get meds through them.

I can not recall why.

It might have been they did not have the meds needed.

Or it may have been because I have prescription coverage...even though the coverage will not provide the meds needed.

That didn't matter.

So, I, too will be watching this site to see if any one is able to get meds needed and what they were able to get.

I don't have what it takes right now to see if I can get the two abx that were last suggested I take and could not afford.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ninjaphire
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ninjaphire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got a 3 month supply of zithromax free.

My doc had forms. I didn't remember what exactly the name of the program was, though.

I have to ask next time.

Posts: 330 | From Colorado, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

kam and saphrire,

thx for your replies.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement