LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » PRAYERS NEEDED over next few days....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: PRAYERS NEEDED over next few days....
Hoosiers51
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoosiers51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to put it in all caps, I can change it if it is annoying.

Please pray for my friend's mother, Denise, who has Lymphoma (cancer) and is in a very fragile state.

She has three children in gradeschool, and is in her 40's.

She has been getting treatment, and they thought she was going to recover, but she has taken a turn for the worse, and the doctors are saying she now has days to live.

They are currently sending her by ambulance 3 hours away to a big hospital, to give her an experimental treatment in an effort to save her life.

Her whole family is following her by car, because her situation is not good.

This would be a devastating loss for her children. She is the cornerstone of the family, and is too young to die. I just feel like within these next few days she will need lots of prayers to make it through.

If anyone would like her last name, please PM me.

THANK YOU!!!

Posts: 4590 | From Midwest | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is so tragic! [shake]

I will pray for her and her family. Breaks my heart.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 95343 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hoosiers,

I am praying hard for Denise and her family.

That is such a sad situation, especially since she is young and has very young children.

Thanks for letting us know about Denise so we can pray for her.

Keep us posted.

[group hug]

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Times like this make me wish that I could do so much more. I am limited, but God, He is not. He is all powerful, all knowing, ever present, our comforter, our provider, our great physician, our creator...! He is everything that is good.

I'm praying that God will perform a miracle for Denise and her family. That He will bless them and provide for them in every way.

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 9 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hoosiers [group hug] [kiss]

i'm so heartbroken reading of your friend's mom, denise, going thru all this and being a YOUNG mom with grade school kids.

praying that this experimental treatment will work with NO SIDE EFFECTS in her struggle to survive and be able to raise her kids.

please give this to her from me/us here on the board. [group hug] [kiss]

thx for posting so the prayer chain can reach out to those in desparate need [Smile]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoosiers51
Member # 15759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoosiers51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aw, thank you so much everyone. This has really touched my heart, having people care about her and her family.

They are a very religious family, so I hope they will lean heavily on God to help get them through this.

I am very close with the entire family, and it is hard to see people you care about go through so much. I can't even imagine the family without her, she is such a compassionate, great mom.

I may not get an update for a couple days, because my friend is with her younger siblings, and I don't want to call her when she's with them, or when she is spending family time.

But I will come back with an update as soon as we know something.

I was wrong to say ALL the children were in gradeschool...I think the oldest of the three is now a freshman in high school, though I am finding that hard to believe. It seems like just yesterday he was a little kid. I believe the youngest is now in 2nd or 3rd grade. So they aren't super-young....but regardless, this would be extremely hard.

And thanks again so much. This definitely is a time of extreme need...and coming here was the first place I could think of to turn. [group hug]

Posts: 4590 | From Midwest | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You and your friends will be in my prayers.

[group hug]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacyb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13084

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stacyb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hoosier,

Any info so we can send a card or well wishes?
My friends twin sister past away last June from
this and she is now walking in the Nike
marathon this Sunday in San Francisco for a cure.

Prayers for your friend and her family!

Posts: 476 | From Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for updating us. I will continue to pray for them.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 95343 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2roads
Member # 4409

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2roads     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hoosiers,

I will keep your friend up in prayer.

If she has any specific needs, please let us know.

Sorry to hear of this.

2roads [group hug]

Posts: 2214 | From West Chester, PA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melodymaker
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melodymaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hoosiers, praying for the whole family.

--------------------
Wishing You Showers Of Blessings!
Lyme since Fall 1983 = Diagnosed Summer 2008
IV Rocephin 7 weeks Stopped due to drug fever
Now doxycycline
"For I know the plans I have for you...plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 421 | From Sunny South | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hoosiers, sincere thoughts and prayers galore going to this entire family. [group hug] [group hug] [group hug]
bettyg
Unregistered

up for MORE THOUGHTS & PRAYERS for this family going thru very troubled times [Smile] [group hug] [kiss]
feelfit
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prayers for Denise and family. Sorry that I did not see this sooner...never too late. May the love of God enfold all who love Denise as well.

Feelfit

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoosiers51
Member # 15759

Thank you so much!

Feelfit, you are right--it is never too late.

I don't have any updates yet, but I plan on calling my friend tomorrow to see how her Mom is doing. I was afraid to call, because I didn't want to interrupt her when she was with her mother or family.

I am thinking that a few days have gone by now, so maybe my friend would appreciate the call.

[group hug]

Hoosiers51
Member # 15759

I spoke with my friend tonight...

In the beginning of the conversation, her phone was constantly cutting in and out, and I didn't want to make her repeat all the medical details, so the details are a little fuzzy to me....

But unfortunately her mother is not doing well. [Frown] She is being kept alive by machines, but from what I gather, she is mostly non-responsive, and at this point her brain may be shutting down too.

There is still a very slight chance she will come out of it, but they will likely need to make the decision to just let her die naturally.

My friend said over the weekend they were able to communicate, then as days went by, she got to the point that she could not communicate much. But a couple days ago, my friend brought her 4 month old baby into the room, and she said that her mom smiled and tried to reach out a little bit to hold the baby.

I'm glad that Denise's family has been able to spend quality time with her during this.

My friend also said she was glad I had waited until today to call, because she was with her siblings all week, and they were trying to be careful how things were phrased around the kids.

I know this will be incredibly hard for my friend's Dad. I think he is still holding on to an extent.

I pray that if God is ready to receive her, that the family will be able to be at peace about it.

Thank you for any more prayers. I hope the family will be able to pull together, or maybe she will even make it through this.

bettyg
Unregistered

hoosiers, thanks for the painful update.

i went to a funeral last weekend where the mom had fallen on her landing; called EMTS next morning. her friend drove her to my city to be checked at hospital. she talked the whole way down here in 20-25 min. drive.

she saw hospital staff; they rushed out to get her; she had begun bleeding from her brain, and rushed/flew her to des moines hospital where they put her on life machine.

2 daughters lived out of state; all 3 called immediately, and they arrived by noon to hospital. she was on life support another 1 hr. where the family all said their individual goodbyes to her.

so we never know when things happen and why...

knowing what will be coming up, i'll share this with you and your friend; at the end of my initial poems are 4-6 MOM poems ....

SYMPATHY POEMS COLLECTION by Betty G

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=014207

12.07 from COBWEB CAROL; LOSS OF A LOVED ONE! this website for any who may need comfort during this Holiday Season:

www.compassionatefriends.org

Hoosiers51
Member # 15759

Thanks for the poems, betty.

And I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. (((hugs)))

bettyg
Unregistered

thank you hoosiers; it was sad...
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Thanks for the update, Hoosiers. I pray the family will be OK .. all of them.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Melodymaker
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melodymaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
continuing in prayer for your friend's mom and their whole family.

--------------------
Wishing You Showers Of Blessings!
Lyme since Fall 1983 = Diagnosed Summer 2008
IV Rocephin 7 weeks Stopped due to drug fever
Now doxycycline
"For I know the plans I have for you...plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 421 | From Sunny South | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoosiers51
Member # 15759

Thank you.

Well, Denise passed away on Monday. The funeral should be late this week. Thanks for any additional prayers...I am sure they matter. (((hugs to all)))

Thank you for listening and caring. May she rest in God's peace.

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hoosiers,

I am soooo sorry to hear that your friend's Mom passed away.

I will be praying for her family and friends....especially her dear children.

It's so sad.

Big hugs to all of you.

[group hug] [group hug] [group hug] [group hug] [group hug]

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I'm sure she and her family felt those prayers. I'll continue to remember them when I pray.

Such a sad thing.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

bettyg
Unregistered

hoosiers,

REST IN PEACE DENISE; so sad your prayer request was just started a little over 1 week ago, and her children all in school.

please extend our sympathies to her kids and your friend from us. [group hug] [kiss]

2roads
Member # 4409

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2roads     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Hoosiers, I am sorry.

I remember our pastor talking about a woman in the bible who sewed clothes for the widows around her who were the most poor. She passed away and all the widows grieved. Someone sent for Paul and he brought her back.

The pastor commented how the resurrection was not for the seamstress, but the widows. That coming back from a place so perfect was not choice for those that had passed on.

If her family is need of a care box, or something else, let us/me know.

Hugs,

2roads

Posts: 2214 | From West Chester, PA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyrlb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God says He is close to the broken hearted.

What a wonderful God who promises us, one day, a place where there is no tears, pain, sorrow, suffering, or death. THAT is a place I look forward to.

In the meantime the God of all comfort says, "I am close to the broken hearted."

My prayers, join with all of yours, for this precious family.

Posts: 2188 | From Oklahoma | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm so sorry for the family. i still have not recovered from loosing mom.

if there is anything that i can do, gift cards, package, etc., please let me know.

if there are small children, sometimes a few stuffed animals are a blessing.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RZR
Member # 20953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RZR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My thoughts and prayers go out to this family. I am so sorry for their loss. Such a very sad situation.

May God give them peace and comfort during this painful time.

--------------------
Tick bite May 2009
Diagnosed June 2009

Posts: 2329 | From SouthEast | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement