LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Hopeful News-TxC '...New Update News #9 !!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hopeful News-TxC '...New Update News #9 !!!
Silverwolf
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi <<<<< Lyme Family >>>>>,

After a great trip to see TxC' yesterday at the rehab' we have very hopeful news !!!

If a Petichial Rash[the little red itchy dots bit] spreading from his incision down to his ankle isn't anything serious [hopefully just from the bandage dressing tape]...

And If he doesn't spike a fever, or other indicator of problems between now and the last part of the first week of June...

TxC' will get to come home... he wont be able to go much of anyplace...but he'll be at home.

Please join us in prayers and good hopeful tho'ts that all works well and he can come home!!!

They wont do the next surgery [the left knee this next time] for at least 6 months, perhaps later,as the cold wintry weather will have set in again in 6 months.

Still have much to do here, but I'll be busy, getting things as safe and easy to deal with as is possible. That is...in between rest breaks I have to be super watchful now I cannot get more ill,or have TxC' get a bug not now.

I'm hopeful and happy about this nmews...but trying not to get my hopes up to much... we want TxC home safe and getting healthier,not having to go back to hospital !!!

Jus' Silverwolf sliver-y [silly speak for feeling a bit odd and out of it] shivery and hopeful!!!

[ 05-26-2010, 12:44 PM: Message edited by: Silverwolf ]

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sending prayers UP!! I'm sure he'll be able to come home very very soon!! [hi]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyrlb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Silverwolf, thanks for sharing this hope-filled update with your Lymenet family. Sending prayers UP too, as I'm sure many others are as well.

We all know that God still does answer prayer!!

Look forward to the next good report. I'm happy with you!!!

Posts: 2188 | From Oklahoma | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hshbmom
Member # 9478

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hshbmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wonderful news!
Posts: 1672 | From AL/WV/OH | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<<<<< Lymetoo, Daisy', hshbmom, and any other Interested Lyme Family >>>>>,

Trying not to be to nervous, TxC's VA Drs. appt is today, 2 and 1/2 wks. after the surgery. It was supposed to start at 10;30a.m., which at VA could be the instant you're in the room,or ...uh... sometime this evening.

They'll be trying to determine what is causing the petichial rash, [the pores are all red dots right now]. These rashes are from the inside of the body... so,that is the main concern.

SO far he hasn't had a fever or such like so hopefully it is something very minor.

As soon as I hear anything,and get a spare second I'll post what the Drs. tell him.

The main concern is infection or rejection of the new knee/ and or the binder 'cement'. [ The surgical glues/cements can on rare occasions cause a reaction ].

If there was a problem it might mean more surgery and different type of prosthetic metal and 'cements'.That is a worst case scenarios,and we are hopeful it isn't that issue. Normally he should be spiking a fever and such if that was the problem.

So we remain hopeful,and I am training a couple of kittens,or they are training me...LOL!!! TxC has wanted a couple of kittens for a long while now,and said to go ahead and get a couple.

Main issue is getting the dogs used to the new family members now. Mua'di' wants their food...[uhh NO!!!] and Sihayah still thinks they ARE food [No,Nein,Nyet uh...Never]. She has finally quit drooling when she sees them...but they aren't left alone together!!!

Okay. time ot round up our funny little new friends[ indoor kitties only ], and get them calm, then put some clothes in dryer...then sooth the dogs,and put a few more things away.

I'd really like to nap, as the coffee has made me sleepy...but I don't think I can 'til after TxC' calls...

Sleepy slivery-shiver-y Silverwolfi.... OwoooOOooMeo-Oww... [loco] [lol]

--------------------
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope and pray that Txcoord is gonna be o.k. Silver.

Let us know!

[group hug]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6139 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

[woohoo] Hi <<<<< Lyme Family, and Aklnwolf >>>>>,

Great report from the Surgeon/Dr. The petichia rash [hmm pet- itch-ia...a pet- itchy... tho' I am not really certain of the spelling [Smile] ] is not a problem... ice and anti-itch cream.

It is a result of blood from the actual surgery,and just has to get itself out slowly as circulation improves.

TxC' probably will not get full extension of his knee to ever stand completely straight up [according to the Drs.] ...but it is already bazillions of times better than it was, and this is just from the new right knee.

-If- TxC's therapy continues to go so well he'll get to come home in about a wk. and a half to two wks.

As much as I miss him...this should not be hurried...he will have to go thru it soon enough w/ the other knee...and he needs to gain strength,and coordination !!!

Well it is time for me to get busy and clean as best I can w/o wearing myself down. Mostly it is sorting a few boxes at a time.

And finding a place to put 'treasures', and various things we have to keep, away w/o blocking any important pathways, to bed,bath,den and etc.

I suppose, to many folk our little 'treasures' are just junk...but to us, they have sentiment,and therefore value!!!

It is good to have a home ,even just a little trailer-home, to call our own [well, us and the bank/park-owner still LOL].It isn't perfect to the eyes of many... but it is working for us,as best as we can make it.

We are going to try and have safer steps fitted to the entry ways, don't know how that will all work yet... it would be so much easier to get in and out.

I have to be super careful not to trip...and TxC' must have something safer as soon as we can get it arranged !!!!

Kitties are resting, the dogs are calm...and i am looking forward to the next Sunday visit...trying to keep busy, but not overdo.

I am still fighting some annoying joint issues,and abdominal/intestinal pain... as we all know...Lyme and Co-infections are... flat out...a real pain !!!

Rt. Wrist/thumb tendon,limits me quite a bit, but I still must try to get things in order here... BBL

Jus' Silverwolfi sliver-y-shiver-y-n-sleep-y [cousins of the 7 dwarves ...].

PS I type slow, howdy Aklnwolf!

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

sammy
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for sharing with us your good news update! What a relief for you to know that TxC is doing well and on his way home soon [Smile]

And how exciting, two new kitties! They will keep you well loved and entertained. (I love animals too!)

*Hugs*

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

<<<<< [Smile] Sammy and Other interested Lyme Family too [Smile] >>>>>,

We have a tentative release date now, in aprox. 2 wks., about 3 days longer than we initially had tho't, but still not bad at all.

TxC's rehab therapists are being very,very thorough,and that is a good thing !!! He needs to do a wks. worth of walking in regular shoes. He's been using a good slipper type foot ware.

If I can get down to see him Sunday,I'll take his tennis shoes [they said that would be good for walking ]. Things are iffy at times, when depending on others schedules. I may have to find an alternate way to get around,and UPS his shoes to him.

So far things have worked out per each Sunday visit, but there are some issues occurring right now,so we shall see what happens.

I will be so very glad when my Hubby TxC' is actually here at home again!!! He was very weary today,after going thru all the stuff to get to his Drs. and then being checked and tested.

Jus' silly Silverwolfi here!

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

TxCoord
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TxCoord     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey all! Check out update on Off topic. Love you Silverwolf!

--------------------
I have a good time wherever I go!

Posts: 665 | From Lost Wages, NV | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Well hello there Hubby <<<<< TxC' >>>>>,

This is a nice surprise, almost as good as a visit to the Rehab' Building... I miss you!!!
Hope you are continuing to gain strength!!!

I'll check out the Off Topics Thread topic too!!! Keep using your hands Sweety, it'll help you get control enough to walk better w/ the walker too !!! Hang in there!!!

Love from Your Silverwolfi

P.S. Old Keyboard is hiccuping... will see if we can get it changed out. Mouse is burping a bit too, Maybe the Ol' 'Puter is a scared of the Kittens...Or Sihayah barked too loud and scared it too!!!

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

^^^^^ [woohoo] ^^^^^ [bonk]

Silly me cannot resist doing at least one Bump up !!!

even if my keyboard is prone to hiccups w/o warning !!! [Big Grin]

Jus' Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< Lyme-Family >>>>>, Jus' me again... And so relieved that TxC' should be home soon, hopefully in a week and a half or so !!!

I'm grinnin' and smilin' but savin' the rest of my whooo-hooo whoptycopter-in' for when he is truly home,seated in the Lazy Boy, relaxing!!!

[Smile] [Big Grin] [Smile]

[woohoo] Well uhr..just one LOL!!!

Jus' Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement