LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Hey Everyone!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hey Everyone!
Ocean
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone,

Some of you may remember me and I apologize if this posting belongs in another forum category. Feel free to request relocating it if applicable.

I just wanted to say that I am still doing VERY well....I'd been very sick with Lyme, off and on (mostly on...had about 3 decent years in a total of 13 years since acquiring Lyme).

I've been employed as a Registered Nurse since March of this year. I discovered in Dec 2009 while finishing up my treatment that my husband had cheated on me badly (think Tiger Woods) and that he has severe perversions...Divorce was the ONLY option to keep my family safe.

My world was completely turned upside down and while the emotional pain was excruciating....the main question on my mind was: Am I going to relapse??

Throughout the past decade and nearly half, emotional strife could completely knock me down. Little symptoms would pop up followed by the almost immediate 'bottoming' out of my health.

I waited in nervous anticipation....when will the panic attacks begin?? What about the twitching, myoclonus, fatigue, soreness??

And waited...and waited...

I've stopped waiting...

I drove 10.5 hours to the VA coast with my 3 kids (ages 9, 6 and 3) on July 7 (after having worked 48 hrs in 4 days previously). I drove over the Chesapeake Bay bridge. While the bridge was a bit nerve-wrecking, I did it...and I know many persons without Lyme are nervous crossing that 4 mile beauty!

I stayed in a hotel with my 3 blessings, took walks, played in the ocean and enjoyed the sunshine.

A year ago?? I could not drive by myself. Not even to the grocery store a mile down the road. The lights made me anxious and sick..my nervous system would quickly overload and cause an enormous panic attack.

I felt like I was dying. My brain was limited in function, word recall was difficult, I prayed for an answer...and I got it.

This treatment may not work for everyone and I apologize if this posting has too few details..but I am getting my wisdom teeth removed in a little bit and I have limited time.

I couldn't have even had a tooth extracted a year ago, let alone have the capacity to sit for a cleaning! My extractions will be with local anesthetic. Am I nervous...nah...not really. Had one extraction in Jan (due to a failed root canal). I would have cancelled this appointment had I scheduled one last year at this time.

This to me 'proves' that my anxiety was not emotional, or social, or mental, or otherwise....It was 100%, completely induced by Lyme Disease.

With the sheer amount of stress my ex placed on me, coupled with divorce, and moving in with my brother and sister in law, finding a job, then locating a rental property to move my children and I into....wouldn't that induce at least one dandy panic attack??

I always thought it strange that my anxiety/panic had no origin...I only knew that 'it' began when my other symptoms began. The anxiety was so great, at times it seemed to be a separate entity. Life was impossible to enjoy...the simple act of eating was not a pleasure due to swallowing difficulties and at times, nearly complete inability.

I took 2 classes this summer...both senior level...6 hrs worth. While those classes were in session, I also moved, was working and the school year wrapped up for my oldest 2 children...I was able to receive A's in both classes. 96% and 96.7 % to be exact.

One year ago?? I wouldn't have had the mental capacity or stamina to complete a class.

The change has been dramatic. Possibly not having the stress of my ex around it also freeing..however, my health was improving last fall, before I knew of my ex's severe issues.

God has been good...He receives the glory...if I had not started improving...I honestly don't know 'what' would have happened to me last winter. The number of things I learned with my ex was mind-blowing and at times, unbelievable!

He knew what my ex was doing and I am so grateful He ensured I could make this journey of life on my own and have the ability to care for and nurture my 3 blessings.

The treatment I completed was a protocol created I believe by a DC in CT. My uncle is a DC and already owned the Erchonia cold laser, so he was willing to learn about treating Lyme...

I did not do antibiotics for Lyme, save a few Doxy pills...I did use Utopia Silver (brand of colloidal silver, I've heard Mesosilver is good too).

My diet was not excellent this spring...I ate too much sugar, not enough greens...yet my body stayed strong and didn't succumb to whatever Lyme critters most likely still co-exist.

Sure every once in awhile, my legs get sore, or I get night sweats...they are no longer daily occurrences.

I feel free. I feel happy. I feel loved =)

Like I said, I am not advocating this treatment for everyone and it was difficult...I felt like crap (for lack of better word, though it adequately describes my state at the time!), at times.

It caused my heart palps to increase....nearly always after midnight...my anxiety got worse, pain increased. I remember after one laser treatment...where he treated me for the cyst, secondary and primary forms for 5 minutes each...the next day...got a real good herx.

I called my best friend (who I happen to have met on Lyme.net) and while I was having difficulty walking, my speech slurred badly.

I remembered these symptoms from years ago, a general feeling of having a 'sticky tongue' or that it just 'wouldn't work'. My friend of course laughed with me in my distress, assuring me that the symptoms would subside...that it was a temporary, necessary evil..

She was obviously correct =)

Please don't give up...like I said, this treatment is not for everyone...and I would have loved to have gone to the DC who created this protocol...as he would do everything accurately the first time (those of us who went to my uncle were test subjects of sorts =)

I truly understand the pain, the desperation and the loneliness that plagues someone when in the midst of Lyme Disease. Even though my ex told me of unmentionable things...I must say that I was well prepared from my years with Lyme....Lyme being the most devastating thing that has ever happened to me.

I am planning to finish school...acquire my Nurse Practitioner degree and start treating Lyme patients...I am eager to attend the LDA training probably on the east coast when I graduate...I would love to have my own clinic in a state where NP's have the ability to practice completely independently.

It's going to take me a few years...but I'll get there =)

Blessings everyone,

Rachel

[ 08-05-2010, 07:10 PM: Message edited by: Ocean ]

--------------------
http://www.healingfromlymedisease.blogspot.com/

Sick since 1996...Diagnosed 10/2008

IgM:23-25 IND, 31+++, 39 IND, 41 +++
IgG: 31 IND, 41++, 58+

Posts: 1623 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Ocean. I wondered where you were. I hope the good health continues. It seems like some people beat this and others it's an endless road. Did you have any real co-infections?
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UnexpectedIlls
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15144

Icon 1 posted      Profile for UnexpectedIlls     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am trying to send you a PM ut your box is full...

--------------------
"You'll be surprised to know how far you can go from the point you thought it was the end"

Posts: 946 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaveNJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17362

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaveNJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ocean,

i do remember you and i'm glad that all in all you are doing well despite being through hell both health wise and personally...i needed to read this this morning so thank you for that.

Dave

--------------------
On my journey to wellness - One day at a time.

Posts: 989 | From NJ | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How are you doing DaveNJ? I have heard little from you. I know you were doing well for a while.
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also remember you. It is good to get an update and hear that you are doing sooo much better!!

Congratulations on being healthy and happy!!!

Good luck in your future NP career!

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LightAtTheEnd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24065

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LightAtTheEnd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Rachel!

Thanks for sharing your good news with us and giving us all more hope for our own recoveries.

I'm so glad to hear you are better, that you got out of a bad situation with your ex, and that you didn't relapse in spite of that huge amount of activity and stress.

Keep up the good work and enjoy having your life back. [Smile]

--------------------
Don't forget to laugh! And when you're going through hell, keep going!

Bitten 5/25/2009 in Perry County, Indiana. Diagnosed by LLMD 12/2/2009.

Posts: 756 | From Inside the tunnel | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lululymemom
Member # 26405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lululymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wondering what dose of colloidal silver you were taking? Did you take anything else with it? I wanted to send you a pm but your mailbox is full..

--------------------
IGM 41 IND, 83-93+ IGG 31 IND,34 IND, 41++, 58+, 83-93 IND

31 Epitope test neg.

Bartonella henselae 1:100

Posts: 2027 | From British Columbia | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dali
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24458

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dali     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for sharing your success story, we all need to hear it. Would be interested in hearing about your healing protocol.

Stay healthy! bless you...and enjoy life!

Posts: 172 | From ohio | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Rachel, yes, I do remember you! First, thank you for taking the time to write this letter, that was very kind of you.

Second, the hell with your husband, you're much to good for him anyway!!!

I hope you have a wonderful life from this time on...A lot of us are still in a very dark place, but will find our way when
the time is right.

Let me know when you Graduate, and you open your own clinic; I'll be your first patent!

Take care of yourself; and enjoy life and your children.

Best Wishes!!! [Smile]

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know this note may be moved from Medical. I think it's very encouraging to all of us to read success stories.

I would ask the Moderators to think about putting notes like this one in (Medical AND General Support)....Thanks

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
moving to general support, also adding a link to this thread in success stories.

As far as leaving it in both places, this really falls under the general support category as it is supportive in nature and not a medical question. Please remember to go to general support, there is a lot of good stuff there!!

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI Ocean!! What a great story!! I'm so glad you stopped by to tell us about your success!!

Be sure to come back again.. esp when you get your NP license!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 17hens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ocean, I was looking at your blog. Where does it talk about your treatment?

Congratulations on beating Lyme!!

Thanks so much for sharing your story and your success! It gives us hope!

--------------------
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Posts: 3043 | From PA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HEY OC!!!! It is you!!!

We've sure missed you!!

So good to see you!!! So very good to hear you are not just "ok".. you are better than ok!

Also glad to hear you are feeling happy these days. It was a struggle for you, for sure.

But.. you did it! I am grinning for your success. Congratulations!

Now don't be a stranger here... it is good for folks to hear from you!

Otay?

Take care of you OC.. and thanks again for the update.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So wonderful to hear from you! And with such amazing news! I am thrilled to hear you are well, this is joyous, incredible news!

I am deeply sorry for the suffering you and your children have endured at the hands of their father. I am glad you have escaped from that situation.

My heart is full of joy for you! Thank you so much for taking the time to come back and fill us in; that was so thoughtful of you! It was truly great to hear from you!

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations Ocean!

I'm so glad to hear that you are doing well. Thank you for stopping by to encourage and share with all of us.

I wish you the best as you continue to take care of your kids, work hard, and finish schooling. God bless you Ocean!

Hugs and prayers [Smile]

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement