LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise: What can you do today? 10/18-1024

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise: What can you do today? 10/18-1024
kgg
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, I do not have an introduction today. Too much going on and my brain is fried.

But what can you do today?

Best,
Karen

[ 10-18-2010, 12:30 PM: Message edited by: kgg ]

Posts: 1685 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Breath. Breath in. Breath out. [Smile]

I was able to drive out to the horse camp and let Rosie run off leash a bit. I wasn't able to get out of the car myself.

Then stopped at the dog park. I wasn't planning on it but saw Rosie's reaction when we got close to it so stopped in.

Able to walk in and walk out. Kind of. Like a drunk. Short visit. Rosie ran a couple of times with the other dogs but then was ready to go when I was.

Missed water therapy this am. Moving the body is too much.

Thanks for starting the thread Karen. Hoping we all have a good week.

weather here is sweats in the morning and then shorts during the day. But, changing clothes twice a day is not doable for me so trying to make the best of it.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey you two!! Happy Monday to you! I hope tomorrow is a better day for each of you!

I did my usual 40 laps and 10 min on the magic machine.

Keeps me going!! [Cool]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is so cool you keep going Tutu.

Able to drive the 3 miles out of town this am and do the 10 min loop.

Forgot about the under the rock bee hive until it was too late to turn around...but they did not bother me today.

Resting now and then hope to put the dirty dishes in the DW using the PC as my body was getting heavier and heavier as I was on my feet this am.

karen...saw the email about someone having a traffic jam in her mind. Like that way. Explains it well.

Made a short telphone call and then crashed. Not able to do the dishes.

I hate it when just going to the bathroom does me in.

[ 10-12-2010, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: kam ]

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I liked that phrase too, KAM. For the past week that is the way my brain has felt.

I managed to make it to Tai Chi last night for an hour. I did not think I was going to make it but had a cup of coffee and was off.

How's the back pain, Lymetoo? (I almost hate to mention it...)

Take care,
Karen

Posts: 1685 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My back is pretty good, thanks!! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Oh so glad Tutu. Relief for now

Karen, it has amazed me too when having some coffee or excedrin have helped give me what it takes to get over that edge for a bit.

kam
Member # 3410

Able to put the dishes in the DW this am using indoor PC. Resting now. Then hopnig to be able to do more.

Able to answer housekeepers questions this am a bit.

Able to put baking soda on carpets via power chair....vacuum has this smell so the baking soda helps.

Able to finally replace the light bulb in bedroom lamp.

Resting now and the hoping to be able to do more. REally short on patience this am.

Coffee and excedrin kicked in. Able to fold the towels and put away.

Houskeeper emptied the DW, made hard boiled eggs, a pitcher of tea, vacuumed and cleaned bathroom sink and pots and pans and put a blanket in the laundry....I was short on quarters this am so could only do one load.

Resting now then hoping to fold the laundry that has been on top of my dresser for over a month or so. A shower would be nice too and breakfast.

[ 10-13-2010, 11:00 AM: Message edited by: kam ]

iwouldratherbeatdisney
Member # 20602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for iwouldratherbeatdisney     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haven't really done much this week. My monthly visitor has well visited lol. So my body is very tired and sluggish.

Hope to get on treadmill today. I hope everyone is doing well this Wednesday.

Posts: 64 | From Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Disney...I recall when I was having my monthly visitor that I would notice I was able to do more for two weeks and then be lower functioning for two weeks.

I just though it was due to the cycle. But, looking back I also was having symptoms that could be related to lyme disease.

it seems lyme effects so much.

iwouldratherbeatdisney
Member # 20602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for iwouldratherbeatdisney     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes you are so right it does effect so much.

Thought about abalation or however it is spelled but scares me a bit. So just will struggle through it till menopause lol.

I did get out 2miles on the treadmill woohoo. I do love the endorphine feeling I get when I do this.

Posts: 64 | From Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

I found the Rhodiola Rosea helps with the fatigue and cramps. I used to take it the last two weeks of the cycle. Made a difference for me. I guess it can raise your blood pressure. But I don't find that it does that to me.

Today, I vacuumed and mopped the kitchen. Washed some windows before the curtains go back up. Washed dishes, emptied the dishwasher, did 3 loads of laundry and I am off to make supper. I still need to practice my Tai Chi.

Have a good evening everyone!
Karen

kam
Member # 3410

Wow..you are really moving today Karen!
kam
Member # 3410

Able to do the 10 min loop this evening and walk in and out of post office to check mail.
backintherain
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14385

Icon 1 posted      Profile for backintherain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello! I have been meaning to start Tai Chi for a while now. I just never get up early enough to join the class I want to take. It sounds like a great exercise to do for many of us.
I can't do coffee at all - makes me shake too much. I think advil is calling me, though.

Was it kam who said she can't handle energy efficient lightbulbs? I had no idea until last week that they could cause problems for people! I've since read that the British association of dermatologists was lobbying to allow the sale of incandescent bulbs for those who have sensitivities.

Anyway, I like that you are finding time to enjoy nature, kam. It can be a little scary for those of us who have been burned by our outdoor activities, but it's such a soul-soothing thing to be outside.

For me, the best thing is the mix of being in nature and those endorphins you're talking about, Disney.

Posts: 227 | From Northern CA (bitten in Illinois) | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's see......

Monday, Wednesday and today me and Rocky walked about a little over 1 mile each day.

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6137 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

You guys are really moving!!

Did very little physically today.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

AKW...always good to read about you and Rocky being able to get out and move.

TuTu...so glad you are able to move the brain and connect with others. I know I appreciate it and I am sure others do too. So important with this condition as many of us are so isolated.

Rain, finding a class that fits the best time for you can be tricky.

I was finally able to put a regular light bulb in my lamp but that is only because that was what I had around the house.

And I do recall reading that the energy saving light bulbs can be a health problem. Sheesh.

Able to be on my feet a bit this am after taking 2 excedrin and waiting for it to kick in.

DRove to gas station and got $20 worth of gas so needed to be on feet to go from cashier to car and then from car to pump...drove up to front of store and then to pump as walking from pump to cashier was out this am.

Kind of confused as the $20 only seemed to move the gas gauge 1/4 of a tank. I thought I would get at least half of a tank.

Able to get quarters yesterday so hoping to be able to do the laundry this am. We shall see.

Also drove to another site near gas station that is in the process of putting up housing in order to let Rosie run and pee and poop.

I was able to walk across the street and sit on a piece of concrete for a bit...not long...body just couldn't handle holding itself up in that position.

Noticed the larger gated community across the way had several homes with very large windows looking out towards sunrise and the mountains...they must have a wonderful view from up there.

The area I was in is for up scale condo's. They were kind of down in a hallow area.

Good to be able to explore another area of town.

Hoping to be able to clean up in kitchen and put groceries away from yesterday too.

Would be nice to be able to finish folding laundry on top of dresser too and new laundry for today.

But, mind usually can get these ideas while I lie here but mind and body can't co operate once I get up or is limited on what it can do so need to choose.

kam
Member # 3410

Today started off good until I switched plans and started trying to watch the conference.

Most likely will be down for a few days now even though I only was able to take in a bit of info here and there.

kgg
Member # 5867

I watched the ILADS conference too. Or some of it. I did dishes and cooked in between sessions.

I have also been practicing my Tai Chi, but that really doesn't take long. There are two sisters here painting. It has added some chaos to the house but I am thrilled that it is finally getting done.

Have a good Saturday, everyone!

Karen

kam
Member # 3410

Sounda like a busy day at your place. Guessing you will have some quality time with the recliner soon. [Smile]

Able to do the 10 min loop last night.

fatherguido
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25266

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fatherguido     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw my Lyme doctor on Wednesday as I do every three months and he is pleased with my progress. My car died (literally) after the appointment and had to get a tow home which was ~100 miles away.

Spent Thursday car shopping.

Went to Bridge Day in West Virginia on Friday and Saturday and had a blast.

Posts: 199 | From Let's Go Pens! | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Good report Guido...with the exception of the car dying.

Bridge Day sounds like fun...have not idea what that is though.

Able to walk into dog park this am. Rosie had a good time. I wasn't doing so hot so very impatient with people...kept to myself again....needed what energy I had to just be able to walk back out.

kgg
Member # 5867

This is going to be a long thread this week. My brain is toast. So I am unable to do a new intro.

Let's have a good week!
Karen

kam
Member # 3410

Good idea Karen....this works!

Functioning well enough this am that when I went into the kitchen I wondered whose kitchen it was....

Been trying to clean up a bit, rest a bit and then clean up some more in the kitchen via the PC

Also able to walk Rosie into the dog park. Looking forward to when I am doing well enough to be on the trail for 10 min as I enjoy that so much more.

Also able to put in two loads of laundry and hang them up in the house to dry

I had water therapy this am but forgot about it. Most likely would not have gone as I have that 8 month pregnant look this am making it difficult to move the body.

iwouldratherbeatdisney
Member # 20602

Was able to do 30min on treadmill today. We also power walked around Epcot last night.

Doing some laundry today and think this eve will just relax.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Sorry about the car, guido.

Karen... sorry to hear that you're worn out already!!

I did 12 min on the magic machine and 40 laps. Will spend all day cleaning my house tomorrow!! (if my back and neck hold out!)

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

iwouldratherbeatdisney
Member # 20602

Did 2miles today on treadmill and worked around the house. Did take a nap this afternoon so that probably helped haha

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Tuesday.

kam
Member # 3410

Good to come here and read how everyone is doing and what they are doing.

Able to do the 10 min loop in the forest tonight.

Learned the guy that was staying in his camper while a house was being built died quickly and was found quickly.

he was talking on the phone one minute and not the next. he still had the phone in his hand and Rusty, his dog, was outside.

Saw several mountain bikers on the trail tonight and a jogger.

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sunday-Couple hours of weeding, digging, etc. in the yard. Built some steps last Sunday and put down weed block and some decorative rock around them today.

Monday-Me and Rocky 1 mile.

Am very sore from Sunday and am trying to recover.

TuTu-What's the magic machine? Just wondering.

Did a little cutting of some 2 foot saplings today just for about 30 minutes.

See you all later!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6137 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
backintherain
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14385

Icon 1 posted      Profile for backintherain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone,

I'm confused about the guy in the camper, Kam. Sorry if your neighbor had an accident. ? I feel like I'm thinking pretty fuzzy about everything. I have brain toast too!

It sounds really nice to be out in Nature. I got to go to Yosemite last weekend. Alinia caused me to keep falling asleep, so I was very sluggish the whole time. But it was cool because my boyfriend went on a short and really slow hike with me instead of leaving me alone in camp (which is what usually happens because I can't keep up)!

Yesterday I did some gardening for the first time in two months. Serious weed problems.

I hoped to spend some time outdoors today, but I was at work from 8am - 8pm and ended the day by crying in front of my coworkers! oops.

Posts: 227 | From Northern CA (bitten in Illinois) | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Fatherguido, so sorry to hear about your car! Ugh! Hope you find one you like and that is affordable. But very glad to hear that the doc thinks you are doing well!

Aklnwlf, sounds like quite a project on Sunday. I would be a week getting over that!

Backintherain, I would be weepy after a 12 hour shift too! Hope you can get rested up.

KAM, you sound like you are able to do more, more every day now. Kudos!

Lymetoo, good job increasing the time on the machine. Does it take more out of you? Or are you handling it fairly well?

Monday, I went to Tai Chi for an hour. I have practiced for about 10 minutes every day. Yesterday, I did kitchen duty with clean up and cooking. Unfortunately, I don't do it in the right order and always end up with more dirty dishes from cooking and no energy to wash them. That is the first thing I will do today.

I will also be out side working in the gardens today. Digging, transplanting, cutting and then napping.... [sleepy]

Have a good day, every one!
Karen

kam
Member # 3410

AKW..love hearing about the yard work.

Rain..like hearing about your yard work too. Love Yosemite. So glad you got to go even if you were sluggish.

Sounds like you need some much needed rest. Hoping you get it soon.

The camper guy was a guy whow was staying on some private land right before the entrance to the national forest.

he was kind of a care taker while his friends home was being built. It is really taking a long timme for this home to be built.

This is going on the 3rd winter.

Camper guy just up and died. Cause unknown..but he did have a drinking problem and smoking problem.

he was always very pleasant to be around so those of us who passed him on our way to the trail head miss him.

Karen and TuTu...good to hear all that you are doing too.

Hskpr was here this am. Just having some one in the house takes a lot out of me.

But, I can almost see teh top of my dresser now. It still needs decluttering but at least the laundry that had been stacking up there for months is now folded and put away...she did not it. Not me.

I was able to get a few more dishes in the DW and start it up and move the laundry from the washer to the dryer.

Waiting for it to finish drying then will go down the hall and get it via power chair.

I am exhausted this am but can't recall what I did.

Hoping to get thunder and lightening here today. Hoping to get Rosie out after laundry is done.

Hskpr washed pots and pans, vacuumed and filled the detox foot spa up with water too and put two loads of laundry in washers.

So, a few things got done this am which always makes me feel better for some reason.

kam
Member # 3410

OK Able to walk in and out of dog park...short visit

Able to walk into Walmart..used cart on way out..short visit

Same with local grocery store

Hurting now but thankful for what I was able to do this am

kam
Member # 3410

Able to drive out to horse camp trail and be on my feet 10 to 15 min. Didn't think I could do it but glad I was able.

Saw a Jack Rabbit...glad Rosie didn't see it

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Wednesday-Me and Rocky a little over 1 mile today.

Still sore from Sunday but feeling better, back of thighs not so tight today.

Loved reading everyone's posts, sure keeps me motivated.

See you all later!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

kam
Member # 3410

me too AKW

My goal is to be able to do what you and Rocky are doing.

......Rosie and I were able to do the 10 min loop in the forest this am in the showers.

I got back in the car and told Rosie...that was fun! I meant it.

Health was doing well enough I could do a couple of side steps and play a bit with Rosie on the trail.

And I like walking in the rain. My coat was soaked on the outside..it is supposed to be water proof.

It is OK for a 10 min loop but I doubt I would be OK being out with it for more...it is down but I was cold. I seem to recall it keeping me warm last winter so a bit confused.

kam
Member # 3410

OK...feel like I have really done something this morning...but...

I was able to walk into post office and check mail.

Then, drive to doctor's office to see about getting a prescription for cortef and copy of test results done over 6 months ago.

I have made several attempts to get these copies and results.

Wasn't up to a doctor's visit to get them so wrote and called.

Learned primary doc has moved. Took me several tries to find his new office and had to tell myself to be patient.

WAlked into the new office and pulled chair neear receptionist as I did at the old office.

She took info and said she would get back to me...they were doing something all day today which my brain did not process.

Then took Rosie to get the hair pulled out of her ears and nails cut...the groomer comes out to get Rosie which was really needed today as I was at my limit by then.

She thinks Rosie knows when it is just a hair pulling and nailing cutting day vs a full shave, etc.

She might be right. She said something like it is just nails today and Rosie walked right in and even went up the steps in front of her.

Usually she needs to kind of coax Rosie to getting up the steps and in.

I am not convinced yet but will keep an eye on this and see if it continues I will know.

I am done in now...down time until after 5 most likely with the exception of taking Rosie out via the power chair for a mid day toileting.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

AK.. The "magic machine" is my favorite ergonomic machine. It's like an elliptical machine that you sit on instead of stand.

They refer to it as an ergo machine.. but I like to call it the magic machine! [Big Grin]

Did my usual workout yesterday.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Me and Rocky walked a little over a mile today.

Such a beautiful day today down here in Alabama.

Kam sounds like Rosie had a great day.

TuTu, thanks for the info on the magic machine. Sounds wonderful. I used an elliptical when I was in P.T. but it didn't have a seat. I sure could have used one!

See you all later!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

kam
Member # 3410

yep sitting down to do exercise would help a lot.

Rosie and I were able to do the 10 min loop tonight. Feels like fall..crisp out

STopped at feedstore on my way. parked in front of a large sign that said increase your mobility in just 30 days or something like that.

it was for science diet dog food.

Dang..we are eating the wrong thing. [Smile]

I did walk into the feed store tonight too and out. They were out of food again so will need to go back.

kam
Member # 3410

Good morning again. Able to take a shower, put clean clothes on, give Rosie a shower, take her out to toilet...

we did the 10 min loop

(noticed the house that is being built there has different windows in it for the 3rd time. Glad they went to larger windows. AT one time they had put these narrow..bunker like windows in.

They are living in a beautiful area. I couldn't understand why they would not want to be able to see it from indoors.)

Also able to walk into electric company and get some thing straightened out there. Something that needed to be done back in May so glad I was doing well enough to walk in, sit down and get it taken care of.

Also walked in and out of two other businesses but did not get things taken care of there.

The lady at the electric company filled out the form for me as I was not able to write at that time. Just being on my feet was all I could handle.

Hoping to clean a sauce pan and make some GF oatmeal this am with raisins and walnuts.

Most likely will need to use the power chair for that one.

kgg
Member # 5867

Go, KAM! You are doing a lot again. Yea! My son, Mark, loves walking in the rain. I used to as a kid, but can't say I enjoy it anymore.

I had a low energy day. Put up some cauliflower to freeze. And did a couple of loads of laundry. Other than that, my recliner and I had some quality time. =)

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Me and Rocky walked 2 miles today.

Kam-LOL! Wonder if they have diet formula? For me! LOL!

KGG-After I walk Rocky I've been spending some serious time with my couch! No excuse, just feeling like a slug.

See you all later!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hey gang!! Good to see everyone!! Hope you had a great day!!

After cardiac rehab I had "tea".. instead of "coffee" with a lady who also goes to rehab.

She was so interesting and had brought some photos from the 70's when she was working in Nashville. She used to work in Public Relations for the Country Music Association. (CMA Awards)

She had GREAT photos of Barbara Mandrell, Johnny Cash, Crook and Chase, Dolly Parton, George Jones... all the greats. Kenny Rogers, Roy Acuff, Bert Reynolds, Ray Stevens... on and on and on.

Her son is Tommy Overstreet, whom some of you may remember. We are both native Houstonians and we enjoyed talking about that too. I had a great time with her! She is 78 yrs old.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

backintherain
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14385

Lymetoo - I remember visiting Nashville and seeing photos of all the old country musicians a few years ago. That's really sweet that your friend got to show you her photos. My poor grandmother is about that age, and she sleeps about 22 hours a day. companionship is important.

aklnwolf- We had visitors at work this week from Mobile. Great southern charm and fun. They like to tease their coworkers back at home about how they're enjoying such nice the weather when they visit California, but it's been dreary here. Sounds like you've got it nicer in Alabama right now!

kgg, kam- Just thinking about the cooking/dishes dilemma. Glad you have someone to help you clean, kam. If it's at all affordable, I'd say it's very worthwhile. I feel so lucky when I can get help with the cooking and cleaning. I wish I knew other health-conscious folks around here who would want to do a meal swap - take turns cooking for eachother. I'd also gladly cook for someone near who just needs the extra help.

kam
Member # 3410

Enjoyed reading the posts. Up at 3 am. Not sure what today will bring.

Not able to get out for that walk in the forest last night so took Rosie around the block in the power chair.

Took her up to a hill top area mid day as it was raining so being out in the power chair was out and wasn't able to be on my feet...but usually not able to mid day with or without rain.

Thankful for the car to get us there.

kam
Member # 3410

Rain...the housekeeper is paid by the county. I get 4 hours a month or one hour a week.It makes a big difference.

Food prep is an issue here too.

kam
Member # 3410

Able to make bacon and eggs and coffee this am while on my feet.

Movement made me feel like I did when I was a kid and on one of those rides that you feel loopy and doopy when it is over.

Sense of accomplishment though.

kam
Member # 3410

Able to be on my feet this am too. 10 min loop in the forest which was a 15 or 20 min on my feet due to Rosie and a squirrel needing to have a chit chat.

The gray squirrel was on the end of a branch talking away to Rosie and it must have been good because Rosie she or he had Rosie's full attention.

On the way there and back I was on my feet for two different yard sales.

Just junk that most likely will go in the trash at the end of the day...don't even think the thrift shops around here would take the stuff.

kam
Member # 3410

Oh Yeah. I started off feeling really flu like and again with the ride like feeling that loopy stuff.

I got out of the house hoping the fresh air would help...wasn't sure I could be on my feet but thought I would try the back roads.

It did help. Hurray!

kam
Member # 3410

Able to do the 10 min loop in the forest tonight.

I stop and let Rosie out first and drive for 2/10 of a mile to give her more off leash time.

Tonight she did not want to get back on the car. Thankfully, I can drive back down that dirt road and down the paved road as traffic is none to one car usually.

Every once and awhile she gets a bee in her bonnet.

I came home and was able to water the potted plants on my feet too.

None of this was normal...had the heaviness we get with this. But, good to be able to do it.

Also able to make a protein drink in the blender tonight which is usually something I can't do either.

Did that on my feet too.

kgg
Member # 5867

Backintherain, I would love to find someone to cook with too. I would need someone more than just health conscious. They would need to be allergy aware where I am gluten free and my son reacts to corn. Plus my husband is diabetic and my MIL has stage 4 chronic kidney disease. So that is low carb and low sodium. Even I get confused!! [dizzy]

Yesterday, I stacked wood with my husband for about an hour. I focus on the "wife wood" while he gets the huge pieces. The rest of the day was sitting in the car, going to visit my Dad.

Lymetoo, that is one of the things I miss about Arizona. I had a couple of coffee buddies. It was nice to visit over a cuppa Joe.

KAM, I hate that heaviness. Wish I could find out what causes that. I read somewhere what it was and thought I would remember. Wrong! My brain is a sieve.

Today will be cleaning up the garden for the winter. And hopefully, finally planting my three blackberry bushes. First I need to find the right spot for them.

Have a good Sunday, every one!
Karen

kam
Member # 3410

Karen...the blackberry bushes will be fun when the berries come.

What a work out stacking the wood. Whewph.

Lately, I have been thinking about how i miss getting together for breakfast and or coffee with others..but still not there yet...I know it would set me back a few days.

Keep those recipes Karen...you might just need to write a cookbook. [Smile]

Sorted through a double file basket last night while sitting down. Good news is I was able to sort....which is hit and miss for me...mostly miss.

Bad news is the brain had the inflamed thing going on afterwards. Hoping I will try taking a couple of excedrin before I do this next time and see if that helps.

It wasn't as bad as it can be thankfully. I did not get to the point I needed to take a couple of excedrin.

Able to do the 10 min loop in the forest again today which turned into 15 min on my feet as Rosie got squirrel fever for 5 min.

Body is hurting but I will be Ok if I lay here a while.

Wanted to go to the phoenix tree which would mean 20 min on my feet...but not up to it yet.

Let Rosie out down the road before I got to the place I park so she would get more exercise.

Brain is working better...better to have her stretch her legs before I do the 10 min loop instead of after as brain is not as clear then.

Don't know if I will remember to do this again next time or not. [Smile]

merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really enjoy hearing what everyone has been up to. Havent had a computer so I have been out of the loop.

I am doing warm water therapy. It just started.

I managed to clean my livingroom kitchen and bathroom today. That includes sweeping and moping. I am tired now.

Hubby will be happy when he gets back soon.

Kam I saw you mentioned a dog food sign from science diet that is supposed to increase your dogs mobility in 30 days. I have put my dog on this food and it is AMAZING the results.

Just thougghtj I would share that, It has glucosamine and chondroitin in it, and my dog is doing great on it!! any dog with arthritis should be on this food in my opinion.,

Ok my rant about food is over...lol

hope everyone has a good sunday

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Melissa,

good to hear from you and that you were able to clean up the kitchen, bathroom and living room.
Wow.

Glad the food is helping your dog. Off for my evening outing now. So good to get out of the house and into the great outdoors.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by merrygirl:

Kam I saw you mentioned a dog food sign from science diet that is supposed to increase your dogs mobility in 30 days. I have put my dog on this food and it is AMAZING the results.

Just thougghtj I would share that, It has glucosamine and chondroitin in it, and my dog is doing great on it!! any dog with arthritis should be on this food in my opinion.,

Ok my rant about food is over...lol

hope everyone has a good sunday

Glucosamine/chondroitin/MSM sure works for ME!! I hate it if/when I run out of that stuff!!

Glad you're able to do water therapy, merrygirl!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

OK DRove to the trail 3 miles from home and did the 10 min loop.

An uphill walk on level ground with a few swags but good to be able to be out there.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement