LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter




The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive


The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Should I do co-care for daughter with Dr. J?

 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Should I do co-care for daughter with Dr. J?
Peyjad
Member
Member # 23228

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Peyjad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello! I am looking for thoughts and advice from others who have children being treated for Lyme and co.

My 6 year old daughter is being treated by an llmd for congenital Lyme and Bart since 5/10. We started treating Bart last month but she didn't respond well at all to rifampin, and we stopped after 3 weeks.

She has a seizure disorder, along with developmental delays, and had a huge increase in seizures during the rifampin treatment. (rifampin does alter seizure med effects in body, so we were prepared, just not for how severe they were)

She was also very lethargic the first week which I am assuming was a herx. To complicate things, she doesn't talk (or walk) and can't tell me what hurts.

Due to the increased severity of her seizures the llmd stopped for now to let her settle down, which she has thankfully.

According to our llmd, the only other option is Cipro. I am very afraid of this since I read this can cause tendon issues and she can't tell me what hurts her.

I mentioned co-treatment with Dr. J and Dr. L is all for it thankfully. I did get some info from his office but put the idea on hold when I heard how much the 1st visit would be.

My daughter is worth every penny, don't get me wrong, I just wanted to get opinions first before I commit to a visit.

I know he is the best, but my doc did train with him. She loves my daughter, but I think the seizure episode frightened her. Because of my daughters complex issues, I would really love to have him on our team.

Has anyone else used him as a consult and if so do you know about what he charges just for that? (I forgot to ask)

Any other advice for me regarding anything I mentioned here? I am open to all suggestions!

Thanks so much!

Posts: 93 | From PA | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jenn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21687

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jenn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pm sent
Posts: 501 | From Hudson Ticky Valley, NY | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe that Levaquin is more of a tendon issue than Cipro.

According to the Betterhealthguy's ILADS notes, Magnesium and Alpha Lipoic Acid taken away from Quinolones may help tendon problems.

FWIW.

Hugs to you and your little one,
Karen

Posts: 1604 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peyjad
Member
Member # 23228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peyjad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jenn -i tried to send PM but mailbox is full

Thanks also Karen for replying ...so Cipro CAN be but not as bad as Levaquin? Gosh I hope, it would make the decision much easier for me

Tracie

Posts: 93 | From PA | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
   

Quick Reply
Message:

HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins
   


Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:


Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement

Powered by UBB.classic™ 6.7.3


The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations. If you would like to support the Network and the LymeNet system of Web services, please send your donations to:

The Lyme Disease Network of New Jersey
907 Pebble Creek Court, Pennington, NJ 08534 USA


| Flash Discussion | Support Groups | On-Line Library
Legal Resources | Medical Abstracts | Newsletter | Books
Pictures | Site Search | Links | Help/Questions
About LymeNet | Contact Us

© 1993-2020 The Lyme Disease Network of New Jersey, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Use of the LymeNet Site is subject to Terms and Conditions.