LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Can't we have ongoing tributes to Keebler?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can't we have ongoing tributes to Keebler?
mattnapa
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26414

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mattnapa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had not followed the Keebler thread since I assumed she would be back at some point, and now I see the thread is closed.

I wish the thread could remain open for those of us who were not aware of what has happened to show our appreciation.

And Keebelr if you are listening, you have my deep appreciation

Posts: 357 | From California | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane2904
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane2904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, Keebler I miss you!!

Your posts were always so helpful and so much wonderful information.

I appreciate all the help you have given to me.

Sorry that you are not on the board anymore.

Posts: 1357 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlanaSuzanne
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlanaSuzanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She can come back. There was a disagreement.

Keebler, please start posting again. You are sorely missed. There is no one like you here.

--------------------
You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.'

---Eleanor Roosevelt

Posts: 748 | From somewhere | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was just thinking of her today,,,,before this post,,do I have ESP,,or do YOU???

We are missing the "Keeb" factor here!!!!

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlanaSuzanne
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlanaSuzanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha! We are both channeling the "Keeb"

Seriously, she needs to come back.

--------------------
You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.'

---Eleanor Roosevelt

Posts: 748 | From somewhere | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
farraday
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for farraday     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am indebted to Keebler for countless references and links that I followed and found most helpful.

But sometimes we do need a break from Lyme Disease and need to think about something else....fly fishing, solar systems, growing pansies, play dough....the opportunities are endless!

So, Keebler, my friend...enjoy something, take your break from illness....and then return to us when you can! Meanwhile rest on your laurels knowing that you are always a VIP with us!!!

Farraday

--------------------
DOCTOR: "I don't think you are sick."
PATIENT: "We are all entitled to our opinions. I don't think you are a doctor."

Posts: 697 | From Northern California | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keebler, even angels need a break. So your break is over. Time to get back at it.

Many times over the years I've needed some info and there you were posting info to help. I didn't even need to ask for the info. I'm sure I'm not the only that can say that.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6405 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kadee
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21199

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kadee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

-  -  -

We miss you soo much....

Posts: 269 | From Germany | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those are cute, kadee!! [lol]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 94843 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
disagreement??? sorry i must have missed it.

but you're right. even the loss of one of us diminishes the rest.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keebler,

Please keep your eye on the big picture. You are helping so many people. Your experience and knowledge are invaluable to us.

Please come back!

[ 02-25-2011, 01:31 AM: Message edited by: Haley ]

Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RESOLVED.
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RESOLVED.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, Keebler, for all you've done to help me. I too hope you'll take just a little break and then come back to us. EVERYONE misses you!!!
Posts: 246 | From south florida | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gwb
Member # 7273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gwb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I doubt she'll be back. Losing Keebler is a big loss for all of us.

Gary

[ 02-26-2011, 10:36 PM: Message edited by: sixgoofykids ]

Posts: 1349 | From OK | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What happened?? (If it's more appropriate to PM me, that's fine). I wasn't aware of whatever it was that happened. What a shame! It's not the first time we've lost someone irreplaceable (Wild Condor, for example).
Posts: 3669 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dogmom2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dogmom2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keebler,

So many people in this crowd...but I can make out someone handing you a lovely bouquet of flowers.

Soft applause begins, smiles and tears on everyone. Hearts full of appreciation and gratitude for you and all that you have done for us.

Maybe I'm being a bit dramatic, but if you are leaving this is the send-off you deserve. It is with great respect and appreciation that I give you my heartfelt thanks.

Posts: 857 | From northern california | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She can't leave. People need her.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 94843 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jackie51
Member # 14233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jackie51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is anybody suspicious that Chiquita Incongnita is Keebler or is it just me?

Yes, I miss Keebler too. I want her to do what is best for her, so if that means missing her, then so be it. Hugs, Keebler, and thanks for everything. [Smile]

Posts: 1374 | From Crazy Town | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

If it is, she sure has changed her style!! [Big Grin]

I agree. I want what's best for HER. If she needs a rest, then she should take one.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

AlanaSuzanne
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25882

apljack, you make a very good point.

I really do think it's a coincidence that Chiquita started posting a lot as Keebler's posts came to a stand-still.

Like Lymetoo said, it's a change in style.

If Chiquita is actually Keebler, that's great as far as I'm concerned. That would mean that we didn't lose Keebler!

Chiquita has really ramped it up and posted a lot of good info. That's a good thing for the board.

So if Chiquita is "just" Chiquita, that's something we should acknowledge and appreciate.

But since the question has been raised that Chiquita could possibly be Keebler, we should appreciate that possibility as well.

Hey Keebler, I hope you're reading this. I'm not ready to say au revoir, arriva derci or sayonara to you.

My foreign language spelling is atrocious. But my message is clear: you cannot leave lymenet. Way too many people here have benefited from your input.

I hope you realize how much you are valued from reading all the other posts.

Your insight and information has been invaluable. You are greatly appreciated, and you are sorely missed. I look forward to seeing you post again.

If you are taking a much-needed break that you surely are overdue for, I hope you enjoy the time away.

--------------------

---Eleanor Roosevelt

Paul Mall
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paul Mall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
3 cheers for Keebler.

Keebler , Keebler Yay! Keebler.

Posts: 925 | From Connecticut | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sk8ter
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sk8ter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keebler you have saved so many of us with your info..especially about prophyria which very few, even physicians, no nothing about....please return !!!!!
Posts: 871 | From orange county, ca. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't know about the problem... (???) People get ruffled feathers here from time to time.

I hope you decide to post again someday, Keebler. I wish you well.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had many e-mail conversations with Keebler, right before she stopped logging in, as did lots of others members.

I'm glad we have not forgotten her, she is wonderful person, as everyone here knows.

My hope is, she is working on her own health, and feeling better from these nasty diseases. I think sometimes people tend to forget
Just how sick most people are here. Yes, some have gotten their life's back, but most of us have not.

I think we are all here for one reason, to help each other. I try and login every day, when I can.

No matter when I login, it seems there is always a dedicated group of people logged on - They know who they are, thank-you.

Keebler was one those folks, I swear she never slept.

I'm sure she'll be back with us at some point, when she's ready.

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlanaSuzanne
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25882

Steve, I share your sentiment: We are here to help each other.

As for Keebler, NO ONE HERE WILL EVER EVER FORGET HER.

I choose to believe that she is taking a much-needed break from this board.

--------------------

---Eleanor Roosevelt

bcb1200
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope she comes back. She has helped many.

That being said, I'm dissapointed that she just dropped off the face of the world over getting a little constructive feedback.

I think we are all allowed to be open and give feedback / advice. It allows us to improve and be better in the future (continuous improvement!)

From what I've read, the feedback didn't seem harsh at all. It was just that..constructive feedback. So I'm a bit surprised that she left because of it.

I hope she comes back and continues to get well.

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began
5/10 dx'd, after 3 months numerous test and doctors

IgM Igenex +/CDC +
+ 23/25, 30, 31, 34, 41, 83/93

Currently on:

Currently at around 80% +/- most days.

Posts: 3110 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up
Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chiquita incognita
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Friends!

I am laughing!
Not facetiously at all, please don't misunderstand me. Not one bit. I am laughing because of the humor!

Someone tipped me off to the fact that it was mentioned on this thread that I may be Keebler in disguise.

Absolutely not!

I don't impersonate anyone. That actually creeps me out fyi. I would never do such a thing.

I assure you all I am "Just"....me!

Haha!!!

Have a great day everybody, and I wish you all well. The very best indeed.

Sincerely, CI ps and thanks for the laugh! A chuckle a day keeps the doctor away, that' s my new motto! You helped me with that, thanks!
I agree that Keebler is impressively well researched and very, very knowledgeable. I have been impressed too and wanted to connect with Keebler by PM. Looked forward to lots of fruitful discussions. Oh well. We will indeed miss you Keebler, and I chime in!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is no way chiquita incognita is Keebler. lol. C'mon everyone.

What if Lymetoo is Keebler in disguise too? Did anyone notice when LightParfait posts that Keebler never does?

Maybe GiGi actually IS Dr. K posting on this board!!!!!

OK, enough conspiracy theories. [Smile]

Keebler will be back at some point I'm sure. This is 'home base.'

Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keebler, I miss you too but completely understand if you need a break to take care of yourself. Please stop in and say hi every now and then when you can. Hugs [Smile]
Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chiquita incognita
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THanks for the support Seek Help.
I am laughing again now too!
THanks and best wishes to everybody, CI

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Seek... [lol]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry that so many have left. They have been vital to helping me save my daughters life.
She is to marry in Oct. So those that know of us, please cross all fingers..

I am almost never on..Won't go into it but hope someday that everyone again can come back..lmt

Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fuel1212
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fuel1212     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keebler you are such a great person. I hope we find you again and you are doing alright.

--------------------
IgM- 31,34,39,83-93 IND
IgM- 41+

IgG- 31,34,39,83-93 IND
IgG- 41++

Posts: 610 | From Lymeville | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keebler, if your lurking.....

Miss you too! Take good care of yourself.

Sending you prayers of support and peace.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement