LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » What or who will you be for Halloween?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What or who will you be for Halloween?
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do tell!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymegal23
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymegal23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm being pebbles from the flinstones!

Whenever I lounge around I always love to put my hair in a high bun on top of my head and people always say how cute it looks. so i decided that i would put a little toy bone in it and wear an animal print shirt

I LOOVE PEBBLES! and i didnt get to dress up last halloween so I'm real excited!

Posts: 995 | From somewhere out there | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'M GOING AS TINCUP!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 95974 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James1979
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:
I'M GOING AS TINCUP!!!

LOL! [Smile] That was good! [lol]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will wear my tiara again...only time I can wear it and not look stupid...I l o v e my tiara!
Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
payne
Member # 26248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
uncle fester...booooooooo
 -

[ 10-16-2011, 06:41 PM: Message edited by: payne ]

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HA!

Well, we have Pebbles, Normal, Tincup, Princess and Uncle Fester. What a goofy group to be showing up at anyone's door!

[lol]

TuTu... oh funny one....

I'd go as you, but... I'd bet it is hard to walk down the street going door to door asking for handouts with your britches dropped down around your ankles and your big moon shining.

[lol]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tincup:

TuTu... oh funny one....

I'd go as you, but... I'd bet it is hard to walk down the street going door to door asking for handouts with your britches dropped down around your ankles and your big moon shining.

[lol]

-
ROTFLMBO!!!!!!!!! [Big Grin] [lol] You are oh so right, wise one!! [Razz]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 95974 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by momindeep:
I will wear my tiara again...only time I can wear it and not look stupid...I l o v e my tiara!

-
HA! I have an orange headband with horns. Only thing is, I never get any trick or treaters. Every year, I wait and wait .. only to get 3-5 kids at my door. They all go to the neighborhoods where they can get more candy. (they think)

They have no clue I'm sitting there with a bag of candy I can't eat!! [Big Grin]

--sigh-- What's a former teacher to do with no kids around? [Frown]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

momindeep
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh...sorry Lymetoo...bummer for them and a bummer for you...(my sigh along with your sigh).
Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MADDOG
Member # 18

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MADDOG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Gang
I am going as a Bob Cat.

HE HE HE HE HE HE !!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MADDOG

Posts: 3909 | From Ohio | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh a dog dressed as a cat,,,that is food for thought.

I guess I can go as myself,,,a ZOMBIE!!!!!!

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JeniferM
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31996

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JeniferM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our department at work decided to do an X-Men theme this year. So, I'm to dress up as Jean Grey (Phoenix). The hard part is going to be trying to draw those veins on my face. I should practice before the day so I figure out the best way to draw them and not just end up looking like a google map. hehehehe

--------------------
IgM: [18++,31+++,34++,41++,83-93+] [39 IND]
IgG: [41 IND]
Positive according to IGeneX. Negative according to CDC. Negative for co-infections.
Currently treating for Lyme, Bartonella, Babesia

Posts: 225 | From Minnesota | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi <<<<< Lyme Family >>>>>,

For Halloween,I am going to be Liza-Bella Swann-Feather!

Since Elizabeth Swann is a Pirate [Pirates of the Caribbean series],and Bella Swann [Twilight series] becomes a vampire...

I'm combining the two probably the only time a Wolfi might be a Vampiratess !

We don't gt many Trick or Treaters around here usually,so don't know what we are doing,[depending on how we both feel,er me an TxC',not Liza an'Bella, LOL].

TxC' is going to be Cap'n CPAP, he says he has the mask,and he has wrist guards [for carpel tunnel ]...we are trying to figure up the rest of his costume!!

One year we were silly Zebras,just a bit of black and white stripes on the face.

Must get seriously silly on occasion!!

Jus' Silverwolfang

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3558 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good choices!

Now we have Pebbles, normal, Tincup, a Princess, Uncle Fester, a devil, a bob cat, a zombie, Phoenix, Liza-Bella Swann-Feather, and last, but not least, Cap'n CPAP!

This party is getting wilder and wilder!

[lol]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

payne
Member # 26248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

tick or treat

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, since I am still chemical sensitive re touching any materials, I think I'll "occupy" some plastic bags - they're the only new things I could wear.
Posts: 13084 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Aw... I love Charlie Brown!!

Cap'n CPAP is a great idea! It will scare them to death!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Tincup
Member # 5829

Get your camera ready! I am headed out shortly and will be dressed to kill.

[Big Grin]

Kill a nest of stinking little ground bees, that is! UGGGG! They got me yesterday, after 10 whole minutes of being outside on what otherwise would have been a nice day.

They built a ground nest in my biggest house plant pot that was outside for the summer.... that I was trying to drag over to a table to clean up before bringing indoors.

Got at least eight stings before I could hit the front door and get back inside.

Like James over in the Ice Man post in Medical section, those bees days are numbered!

So count me in this Halloween fun time as a Killer Bee! Or a bee killer? HA!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Wish I knew how to post photos as some of the masks I've looked at over the last day are just breathtaking in their craftmanship.

It was fun to look at these sites and pretend I'd be going to a Venetian Masquerade Ball in Italy.

This also has me wanting to make such masks and study the history of the Venetian costumes. It would be so nice to focus on something like this.

For the art lovers, here's a gallery excursion of sorts from some of the best that I've found:
-------------

http://www.venetianmasksociety.com

VENETIAN MASK SOCIETY

http://www.bluemoonvenice.com/

BLUE MOON VENICE

Our workshop and showroom are located in the historic center of Venice, on the island of the Giudecca.

http://www.cartaalta.com/venetian_masks/

CARTA ALTA VENETIAN MASKS

Located in Venice, Italy.

Their products are manufactured by hand, according to a tradition of genuine Venetian craftmanship. Even those on a budget can find something:

http://www.cartaalta.com/venetian_masks/products-300/colombina_arco_strass.html#

A gorgeous Eye Mask, only $21. USD (worldwide shipping via UPS)

From regular US sites, others that are affordable for basic Halloween wear:

http://partyoasis.com/feathermasks.html

MANY choices: Venetian Carnival Masks with Feathers

After also considering a JOLLY or JESTER mask, this MARDI GRAS one wins if I'm able to go to a friend's house to hand out the treats (the fancy dress ball will have to wait):

http://www.centurynovelty.com/detail_189_085-020.html

Metallic Mardi Gras Feather Mask ($12.)

=================

http://partyoasis.com/gofemaeyema.html

"Gold feather eye mask" - Really more BRIGHT YELLOW. ($13.) Bound to bring some cheery smiles and this would be fun to don during any rainy day, I'd say.

http://shop.mardigrasworld.com/BrowsePage.aspx?searchtype=navitem&NavItemID=1000032

FEATHER EYE MASKS ($4.00)

http://www.neworleansproducts.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=1290

Eleven Feather Eye Masks, each unique. Set $25. Works out to be just over $2. each but they look very rich, at least in the photo.

I can see these being worn at rallies all year long to add some sparkle and fun.

I think I'm really burned out with my health "studies" as this search for masks has captivated me.

http://shop.mardigrasworld.com/SelectSKU.aspx?skuid=1000711

Who I've become overnight (in my masquerade dreams). This artist has quite a buoyant effect. I'm putting this poster on my mirror.
-

[ 10-18-2011, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
For some magical window shopping:

FAIRY WINGS for Adults:

http://www.fairy-wings.com/adult.htm

On Gossamer Wings - Handcrafted works of art

http://www.etsy.com/listing/82906157/el-wire-light-up-fairy-wings?ref=sr_gallery_2&ga_search_submit=&ga_search_query=Fariy+Wings&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=h andmade&ga_facet=handmade

EL Wire Light-up Fairy Wings

http://www.etsy.com

ETSY.com - Handcrafted usually. Site search of: "Venetian Masks" brings up over a thousand.

Most are very unique and beautiful.

------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0MgOAP-QRc

YouTube 11:30 video

Elegant Halloween Masquerade Mask - How To Make

Some of the rhinestone swirls come as pull-off sets. Who knew?
-

[ 10-18-2011, 07:20 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ouch - please bee more careful next time, Ms TC -
Posts: 13084 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How is my FAV,,,KEEB today???

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rerae
Member # 28438

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rerae     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's my first halloween as a 21 year old... Goin out with my friends as a sexy vampire... haha Hoping to have a night out with no worries. [Smile]

--------------------
*~*Rerae*~*
Bitten 3/98, Diagnosed 9/04
Treated 3 weeks, then pushed aside.
Need good doc to pick back up.

Posts: 25 | From Erie, PA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blinkie
Member # 14470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blinkie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going as a cheerleader. My 2 1/2 year old son is going to be a football player (yes, he picked it out), so I'm excited. But, I'm way too old to wear the trampy ones they sell in stores so I went to the thrift store and made my own. Besides, trampy won't fly at our church harvest festival!
Posts: 1104 | From N.California | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James1979
Unregistered

I don't celebrate Halloween. The kids skip over my house because they think I'm crazy...

I think they're right. [lol]

MADDOG
Member # 18

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MADDOG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey TC
Ground bees,fun!! Poor a half cup on gasoline down their hole, shake the place and toss a match on it.

Buzz,POOF,BUZZ,POOF,bzzzzzz ,poof poof poof.

To much fun!!!

MADDOG

Posts: 3909 | From Ohio | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Wow! Lots more fun things to beeeeeeee! Pardon the pun.

[Big Grin]

Maddog.... the problem is I want to save the plant! The nest is inside the pot!!!! Any gas would probably kill the roots.

It rained and since has turned chilly. MAYBE I can get to them somehow now?

I'm really not into getting stung again! Just healing up from the last round.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Dogsandcats
Member # 28544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogsandcats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I will put my IV pole out on the porch and drape it with a sheet. stand under the sheet and move at the kids....probably would terrify the youngsters.....

ok, i will just comb my hair and put some makeup on. the neighbors will think someone else moved in...

--------------------
God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.

Billy Graham

Posts: 1966 | From California | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a misanthrope...

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Those were good ones, Dogs and stillwater!! [lol]

Randi.. you are not a misanthrope! [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

James1979
Unregistered

quote:

Randi.. you are not a misanthrope! [Roll Eyes]

She's only a misanthrope for Halloween! The other 364 days she's a philanthropist. [Big Grin]
Lymetoo
Member # 743

True!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lost11
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lost11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A tick! Lol
Posts: 267 | From South | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A hermit. Maybe even a hermit crab depending on my health.
Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or maybe Gumby or Pokey
Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MagicAcorn
Member # 8786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MagicAcorn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a plague doctor at a Haunted House....one of the best jobs around.

My favorite costume ever though was a pile of leaves.

I took an old sheet and a bunch of fall leaves from "Micheal's" and did a quick basting stitch all around to secure them. Even secured a rake to the finished work of art.

I slumped on the lawn next to the stoop and as the kids (but mostly the parents)walked up the walk I'd either pop up or grab their legs. Woweee ... that was what I call Big Fun!

I'm a big kid I love Halloween.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1279 | From In hiding | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Giapetto
Member # 34458

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Giapetto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really, to make it most simple all us Lyme-ee types could just be ourselves and go as zombies. For once the "fog" could be useful.
Posts: 37 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Giapetto:
Really, to make it most simple all us Lyme-ee types could just be ourselves and go as zombies. For once the "fog" could be useful.

I second that.. what an easy choice for many of us.. a zombie or the walking dead!

--------------------
"The simple things can get you through the hardest times."  -

Posts: 628 | From Connecticut | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

For us women.. Just go out without make-up!! Pretty scary!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

skies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
For us women.. Just go out without make-up!! Pretty scary!! [Big Grin]

LOL! Yes, what a fright! [Eek!]

--------------------
"The simple things can get you through the hardest times."  -

Posts: 628 | From Connecticut | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
penguingirl
Member # 28688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for penguingirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Halloween! I am sure everyone will be trick-o-treating tonight (Sat night)since it's on a Monday night this year?

Pretty yucky weather out here - I hope everyone can stay dry/warm tonight!

Tutu - are you getting any trick o treaters tonight? I know you said you always have candy ready!

-

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1204 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

NO, I think they're trick or treating on Monday here....but my neighbor down the road says she doesn't give out candy anymore because most kids go to the trunk or treat events in the community. There are several to choose from.

So if any kids show up, I'll give them 50 cents or something. Won't be many, I'm sure.

skies.... I'm stealing that border collie!!! he is MINE!!!!! [lol] Wonder how he'll look next to my tutus??  -

OH, I love him!!! It's my doggie Scooter!!! (RIP)

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement