LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » I went to the super bowl yesterday

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I went to the super bowl yesterday
JunkYardWily
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JunkYardWily     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi all, havent been on much. sorry for that. i still lurk quite a bit though.

i went to the super bowl yesterday. it was something ive always wanted to do and i was healthy enough to do it, though i felt sick for much of the early part of the day.

i just thought i was lucky to be able to do it and thought i would share with you guys. i know its hard for many who cant do things. 2 years ago i dont think i could have.

--------------------
sick since 9-09
igg, 18,23,41 reactive
igm, 41 reactive

Posts: 436 | From Kansas City | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is so wonderful!! I bet it was awesome!!! What was your favorite part?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 95204 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimmy1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimmy1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Willy, how totally cool that you went to the superbowl! So wonderful that some improvements in health allowed you to fulfill a dream.

Sure was a nail biter at the end. (yay Giants!)

Posts: 251 | From Florida | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JunkYardWily
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JunkYardWily     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
getting in!

halftime was fun. and the game itself was excellent.

--------------------
sick since 9-09
igg, 18,23,41 reactive
igm, 41 reactive

Posts: 436 | From Kansas City | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Larae30
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35220

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larae30     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's great! I would have loved to see the halftime show in person!

--------------------
Treating lyme, bart and babs

Posts: 506 | From NE | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cracker Jack
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cracker Jack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats cool [Cool] , can I go next time? [bow]

Its really good to see some hopeful stories like this. Thanks for sharing..

[hi]

--------------------
Let us not become weary in doing good,for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
--
[hi]

Posts: 247 | From HOME | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tricia386
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 29623

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tricia386     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was there too junkyardwilly!! Wasn't it so wonderful the energy the feeling!!

--------------------
Lyme activated in April 2010 by gardasil vaccine.
DX: Lyme,Babs,Myco,Bart 11/10
Treatment Started: 3/28/11

Posts: 1752 | From Albany, NY | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tdtid
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just talking to a friend about this? How early do you have to buy tickets to get in to the Super Bowl?

Do they start selling them before you know which teams are playing?

Cathy

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard a viscous rumor,,, that the cheap seats went for $2,000 and went up from there..

Is there any truth to that rumor???

Really glad you were able,,,thats always a good sign

My couch looked so much better to me than the crowds,,,

and I like instant replay,,,but I spose indoor and outdoor place have the big screens too.

Guess I am too old and too old fashion. Not many here can remember the FIRST super bowl very well,,,if they do they were like 2 years old!!!!

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HEY don!! I resemble that remark!! I was in high school when the first Super Bowl was on TV!!! and you know how YOUNG I am!! [Razz]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 95204 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tricia386
Member # 29623

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tricia386     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tdid-

You can enter to win a chance to buy Superbowl tickets through the NFl.

http://www.nfl.com/help/faq

Yes, you can buy them before the announce the teams as well. You can buy them from Stubhub usually. Also, lots of corporations get them.

--------------------
Lyme activated in April 2010 by gardasil vaccine.
DX: Lyme,Babs,Myco,Bart 11/10
Treatment Started: 3/28/11

Posts: 1752 | From Albany, NY | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JunkYardWily
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24271

"I heard a viscous rumor,,, that the cheap seats went for $2,000 and went up from there..

Is there any truth to that rumor???"

this all depends how you go about getting tickets. they are very hard to come by. stubhubs cheapest single worst ticket was going for $2200 all weekend. one of my passions is scalping tickets, true capitalism in real time. i drove up from missouri without tickets, went to the game 3 hours before hand, and bought tickets on the street. one person tried to sell me fakes but i was able to look at some of the safety measures to tell it was fake. when i called him out he ran away. i ended up finding two 2/3 the way up on the sideline for $1000 each

"How early do you have to buy tickets to get in to the Super Bowl?"

i got mine one hour before the game. the later you wait usually the better.

"I was there too junkyardwilly!! Wasn't it so wonderful the energy the feeling!!"

thats awesome. yes it was fun!

--------------------
sick since 9-09
igg, 18,23,41 reactive
igm, 41 reactive

just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow that is awesome.

What was plan B if you found no tics?

Guess it doesnt hurt to have blind faith.

They never have a super bowl within driving distance to nowhere, where I live. Its not the end of the world here, but I can see it from here

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

You got a deal, junkyard!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement