LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » anyone just get plain tired of taking all these meds

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: anyone just get plain tired of taking all these meds
jjourneys
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39813

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jjourneys   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been treating for 8 months now. Been misdiagnosed and probably have had Lyme for 20-40 yrs.

I'm just getting tired of taking all these meds, supplements, etc. I barely took an aspirin before being dx'd with Lyme. I've got bottles all over my dining room table. Taking meds all day long is starting to aggravate me.

Anyone ever feel like this? I'm just tired of the meds. They are doing me good and I know that, but I'm forcing myself to take them now. Or I'll "accidently" forget to take some of them.

Not sure what I'm looking for from my fellow Lyme sufferers, guess I just want to know if others ever feel this way? I'll keep pushing myself, just tired of all the meds all day long. New feeling for me.

Posts: 250 | From East Coast | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, just get into the habit. Then you don't really have to think about it, and will not feel like you can miss a scheduled pill popping session.

Amazing what habit can do.

But I know what you mean about being tied to a new routine. Nowdays when I go anywhere out of town, especially overnight or longer, I have to think of a bunch of things that make it harder to get ready. Oh, for the good old days of easy living.

Posts: 2888 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jjourneys
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39813

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jjourneys   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in the habit - laughed at myself the other day because I know what pills I take when without even looking at the labels on the bottles now.

Just plain tired of popping pills and drinking tinctures!

We are going on a cruise in 4 wks, maybe I just need that vacation . . .

Posts: 250 | From East Coast | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Member # 5355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay, for cruises! Have a great time, in spite of having to organize all those pills to take along.

In the past I have been critical of a diabetic person who sometimes slips the leash, with consequences. Now, I understand they get tired of the whole sickness thing too.

Posts: 2888 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soccermama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for soccermama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Treatment fatigue. I get it. I am at the two year mark. I have cut down on a lot of pills.

I am at a standstill in treatment too. Don't seem to be improving. LLMD looking at alot of other conditions.

Very frustrating. Sometimes, we need something to just motivate us to keep trying. My husband and girls do that for me.

Posts: 538 | From kentucky | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes! Sometimes I gag before I even start take them!
Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I filled my hubby's pill keepers last evening - and I wondered how many pills he swallows in a day??
Posts: 1824 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joalo
Member # 12752

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joalo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Absolutely! I try to take my vitamins, minerals, herbs, probiotics, and medications without thinking about it to much.

Last time I counted I was taking over seventy pills a day. I'm sure that number has increased...

It's totally worth it. I'm feeling so much better than I did seven years ago. Still a ways to go but I feel like I'll get there. [Smile]

--------------------
Sick since January 1985. Misdiagnosed for 20 years. Tested CDC positive October 2005. Treating since April 2006.

Posts: 3228 | From Somewhere west of the Mississippi | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surprise
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm plain tired of the supplement bills. And the herb bills.
Good gravy. Just when I think I can cut back, another order...

Ack.

--------------------
Lyme positive PCR blood, and
positive Bartonella henselae Igenex, 2011.
low positive Fry biofilm test, 2012.
Update 7/16- After extensive treatments,
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jjourneys
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39813

Thank you all for answering. I feel much better now just knowing that I'm not alone in this battle.

My hubby is my force - he is the most positive - he keeps saying "When you get over Lyme . . . " that really does help.

Poppy - I am so looking forward to our cruise in Sept!!!! We even booked another one for Christmas week!!!! Love cruising!!!!!

Thank you all!!!

barbiel
Member # 41656

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barbiel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I am already tired of all the pills and expense but I figure if I can have a life again I will continue taking them. I will never eat yogart again after this. It is getting to be just like the pills. Then on top of this all I just found out the insurance company is refusing to pay over $3,000 of lab bills. I am only into this lymes disease for 2 months and all that has happened is 1 I am sick all the time 2 Not able to work 3 Have bills that I have no idea how I am going to pay for,4 buying expensive meds all the time, 5 Have no life because I am home sick all the time. 6 And everyone telling me it will get better Now I am sick and in debt further than I have been in years. With the money I am spending , if this doesn't help it will be like all the other Drs I have seen in the past 10 years. A total waste. I will continue to take my pills
Posts: 3 | From Northern Wisconsin | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shiela
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28681

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shiela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Every time I get sick of taking pills I just remember when I had to inject myself with interferons every other day for MS with no hope of getting better. Now they say I don't have MS. I feel better already.

--------------------
I'm not there yet but I'm closer than I was yesterday.----
Lyme Band 31,41,58. Being treated for Lyme and Bartonella.

Posts: 149 | From Maine | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jjourneys
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39813

Shiela - you made me feel better too!!!

LLMD is taking me off ABX for 2 months - & I never told him I was tired of taking them. He told me he's giving me a vacation from them! Let's see how this works out!

lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
every minute of every day.

--------------------
He took u to it, He'll you through

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shiela
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28681

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shiela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope that proves to be beneficial for you jjourneys! At least it will be nice to have a break eh?

--------------------
I'm not there yet but I'm closer than I was yesterday.----
Lyme Band 31,41,58. Being treated for Lyme and Bartonella.

Posts: 149 | From Maine | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kudzuslipper
Member # 31915

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kudzuslipper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I totally get it Journeys!
Posts: 1725 | From USA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beaches
Member # 38251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beaches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jjourneys (and barbiel), sorry to tell you that 8 months of treatment is nothing. We've been dealing with this for years. I sure hope you don't have to, but buckle up in case you do.

I am tired of all the pills I have to take. I am tired of laying out all the pills the kids have to take. I am tired of trying to figure out what crap comes in liquid form b/c one of them has a hard time swallowing pills.

I am tired of keeping track of what to take MWF, what to take before/during/after meals, what to take once weekly, what to take first thing in the morning, what to pulse two weeks on/two weeks off, what to take every other day, what to take every 3rd day, what to take apart from other crap. Multiply that scenario by 3 sick people. Yep, you could say I'm pretty tired of it all.

Throw in that you have to switch crap up constantly because one thing or another doesn't work or works well.

I'm tired of paying through the nose for it all and tired of throwing out pills, potions, lotions, concoctions that have expired.

I recently threw out approximately $2k worth of crap that had expired and didn't work. Yep, tired is the most appropriate adjective I can use on the forum.

Posts: 1885 | From here | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jjourneys
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39813

I'm so glad we have this forum, we can compare our feelings and discover we are not alone in our thoughts!!!

I've been off ABX and still on naturals, but starting to feel really bad. Hubby looked at the calendar and we had already discussed that this was going to be a bad week (about every 4 wks). We had previously figured out the timing because we're heading for a cruise and I wanted to make sure that week was not a normal "bad week" for me. Whoohoo - hitting now instead of on vacation!!!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement