LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » EXERCISE .. What can you do today? May 3

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EXERCISE .. What can you do today? May 3
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess we all fell asleep to the fact that it was SUNDAY! lol

So here is the new thread.

I'm off to bed after watching my Spurs go down to the Clippers. Boo hiss.. but they played their hearts out. What a wild 7 games they played!

GO SPURS GO!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im not asleep...i couldnt figure out what happened. Doesnt take much to confuse me these days.

I psyched myself up and moved my recliner from the exercise room back to the living room

In the process i noticed some suspicious looking black stuff on the insude of the chair when i turned it over

Then i noticed black stuff on the platform the chair is on since i figured out it has to be five " higher so my knees dont get damaged

The two black spots match up. I did a tape test on the platform before i cleaned it. I know the humidity has been low enough to prevent mild growth except for the ten days i was away. And i run the diffuser and hepa a lot so i dont really think i am being affected by this...but it is upsetting to think it is growing in here after all the remediation i did the last two years

Also, it makes me really happy i have the appt with mold doc

Ive had it on my list to find my old mold tests to show the mold doc. When i get my test results they will know if i got sick frim.this air or somewheer else

I guess i will also go ahead and do another air test. I cant believe there might be mold in here with all these machines going.

I do know conditions probably were conducive to mold growth for part of the ten days i was gone on vacation and it smelled musty when i came back

One step at a time...but if this place is moldy i honestly dont know how to handle that. I am doing so much right. I cant control my neighbors who let mold grow in their houses and then the spores are in the neighborhood and find their way to my house

Its a bit depressing. Its hard to imagine...what to do...so i wont. I ll get me and hoyse tested and then see...

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
good morning. dizziness with movment so not able to much.

I was able to take rosie out to toilet this am via the power chair. Have ye tto get dressed.

Need to go back when I am not so dizzy and pick up rosie's poop deposits.

windows open this am.

so getting dressed and picking up poop might be it for today's moving of the body.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
tutu--today is Sunday--LOL.

Went to church this morning and am heading outside to plant some grass seed and a few flowers and vegetables.

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8878 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hope you continue to improve, kayak.. and hope the new drs can help.

kam .. hope you can figure out why you are dizzy. Have a good day.

hiker... I was a tad confused after that game last night... but hey I only jumped the gun by 3 minutes! [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I spent almost 3 hours outside today planting my vegetable garden, flowers etc.

My body is going to pay for this in the upcoming days--especially knees, shoulder, back, and elbows.

However, the snapdragons look lovely against the west side of the house.

I planted cukes, squash, green beans, lettuce, and tomatoes. Hope the crop is bountiful.

Time to rest.

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8878 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hiker...what a wonderful day. That is so far from my reality now.

I fell asleep real late and got up at 9 feeling ok. Started meds trying to do better than yesteday

Kinda freaked about finding mold in hiuse last night ao dragged the moldy platform out of house and began ro empty that room so i could vacume and wipe it down with my strongest mold cleaner

Im about half done and gave found a lot of dust but no more
mid.The platform was part of my mounting block so it was outside lumber. I had washed it good and painted with mold sealer but i guess since it was under the chair for some reason it was able to grow right up thru sealer. Then just above it in side
chaur there was some white stuffing the mold spores must have liked to eat and it got going

I stull have the chair in the house-i moved it to living room...its my be. The only place i can sleep now

I know i can saturate the spot with mold killer and maybe cut some of it off

I have to finish putting the exercise room.back together

But first a shower. I have told every doc about a pin in my back on the right side about even with the bottom ribs

They say its from coughing. But it keeps getting worse. I fell asleep at 4:30 and it just woke me up. It is so bad i cant lie on it. And i can only roll a little to left before left shoulder hurts too much.

This has been getting worse for awhile but blood work and chestvxray were clear about two weeks ago

It feels like when appendix went

Si i need a shower...just in case i go to hospital. And to finish the room and tend to moldy chair...and finish food and meds right

My weight is back down to lowest its been. My christmas cactus is blooming!

And i have pink, yellow and purple hyacinths outsude

Yay!!!

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

The flowers sound wonderful... esp the Christmas cactus!! What color is it??

I'm glad you found the mold and got rid of it. I hope the side pain goes away soon. UGH!!

I took a nap today. Needed it.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Its sort of peachy color...beautiful!

Its an old plant. Ive been trying to get babies started for two years. They dont die but they dont grow either.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Oh, I love that color! They have one like it at our cardiac rehab. We have large windows that open to the north and those Christmas cacti bloom like crazy.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

MannaMe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Beautiful weather here today.

Roasted hot dogs over a fire this evening and made a batch of homemade ice cream. Had a nice picnic outside in the backyard.

The children wanted to sleep outside tonight.

Posts: 2248 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Sounds nice and peaceful manna

I am starting so slow but i guess it is understandable:

Yesterday i

Moved almost all furnitue out of exercise room...including two rugs i put on top od the wall to wall that was off gassing

Wiped everything down and put a lot back

Also vacuumed a lot

Then for some reason slept in bed for 8 hours even tho each time i woke up my pain level was worse and i could barely get out of bed to pee

This morning i woke with reflux...so i guess part of reason tht had resolved was cuz i was sleeping in recliner for a month

The pain was off the chart but i did so much physical stuff when all i have done for a month is sit and sleep and try to breathe

So my muscles are not happy

I took morning meds and washed dishes from yesterday while making breakfast and the small amount of moving greased up my joints so pain isnt quite so bad now

I los another 1 1/2 lb. Tomorrow i will be home from vacay 4 weeks and lost 10.5 lbs. Not quite 3 a week. Slower is better for me with the toxins

The back pain i had last night is still there and i think i should get some milk thistle into me just in case its my liver

The dentist helped me get free credit so i made appt for next monday for the big cavity left from last year and two small ones

Then there are 4 left. Im curious to see if going back to salt and bking soda to brush will help the plaque problem

When cleaning that room i found a whole bunch of bulbs that should have gone into ground early spring. Im not sure how i can get them in. Im a little worrued about a resident skunk

Maybe from wc i can get them in planters for now. Do something better in fall

So...i have to go easy todsy. So much to do when i look around...but i dont want tht pain back

I filled out almost whole packet for mold doc yesterday...all questions were so relevant.

I might be able to fill out the lung specislust one todsy. I have a few more phone and paperwork things also

I probably need to get at least one ac working tody. Its supposed to be 80 and tons of pollen

Hope everyone has a good day

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Typing with eyes closoed.

Able to what??? Clean out litter box. Need to go back and dump all litter and put in new litter when health allows.

Fed dog and cat.

Let cat out twice this am.

Dog onece to toilet. Need to go back and pick up poop.

Thought I was doing better this am but dizziness or off balance stuff is returning.

Able to go to the Safeway and pick up a few more days of salad.

Also able to read expiration dates.

Got dressed. Got gas.

Even backed up to gas pump which is not really wise in my case.

Going to rest now and hope whatever is happening in my brain will settle down with rest. ..

Also able to print out invoices from LLMD email.

But, could not find 3 hole punch in order to put them in the binder LLMD provided.

Telephone consult with LLMD today

Concerned about funds as last month I went 2 weeks without food money due to cost of telephone consult with PA

Sure hope I have what *** takes to get treatment but must admit feeling down this am.

As I had tos top telephone consult with lLMD when I moved here in 2005 due to lack of funds for teatment and paying for doc appts.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saturday-Did laundry and ironed clothes. Pulled more weeds out of the raised garden bed. Took stepdaughter and baby out to dinner. My nephew met us there too. Had a great dinner!

Sunday-Went to a large consignment shop with Josh and browsed for a few hours so that was my exercise for the day. I bought 6 DVD's!

Monday-So far just working. Was busy but now things are slowing down.

I see you all are doing quite a bit. I really want to plant some flowers in a few pots that I have outside. Hopefully I can get to it in a couple of weeks.

Hope everyone has a great day!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6137 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Walked after work for 20 minutes, but did not need my trekking poles.

Seamstress is here working on my curtains. They were hung wrong and she will need to come back with her husband to help her.

The interior decorator did not come with her which is just as well as I would have been rude.

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Thanks for the chuckle hiker...hard to imagine you rude

Looks like things are looking up with the better weather coming. We all seem to be getting better .

This is the third day i have been able to accomplish some things. Able to stay on feet 5-10 min and need shorter rests inbetween

I get a two hour nap each afternoon tho.

House is beginning to look better. I still have cough and i have become dependent on the stupid cough syrup. I was prescribed one teaspoon twice a day. Im dwn to half teaspoon once a day but cant get to sleep without it. Both cough and restless legs

Im gonna try 1/4 tsp tonight and see if that does it

I have to scrounge around and find the protocol i used to get off oxy after surgery. Grrrrrr. So sick of this stuff

When it gets cooler out i think i will reward myself by going out inwc and planting bulbs in planters. I can put screen over them to keep skunk out.

I have two or three each of:

Siberian iris

Columbine

Globe thistle

Cranesbill

And 25 star flowers

They are all dark purple and will look good infront of my yellow house with teal shutters

And they are all perrenials! Yay...hardly any work.

I wnt to bring in one hyacinth too...i hope it smells good. This is the first year they were in the ground. I bought an almost gone by mixed basket of them last year at easter and i have seven that came up this year

Im supposed to eat and really dont want to but guess i should. Maybe eggs.

Bye!

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Purple flowers... nice...!

Did 12 min on the machine and 12 laps today.

Nice weather! Will have to drive to nearby city to get my new compounded med for my sinuses. Worked all day via the phone to get things going. Sheesh.

Hope we all continue to improve. I will run out of my oral abx by tomorrow. Hope I survive that.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Cinco De Mayo everyone!!!

Thinking about taking myself out after work to a little hole in the wall joint next to the dealership that has authentic Mexican food.

I'll need to exercise afterwards!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6137 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Enjoy ak!

The fire department woke me up at 9. They are learning how to use the jaws of life in the emty lot next to my house. Its full of moldy cars.

I didnt sleep that great and didnt want to get up but imglad i did. Im not as sore as yesterday...but ever since i did that ten minute walk at the beach a few days ago i am feeling my old aches and pains. I guess i havent felt them cuz i have mostly been sitting in recliner

I havent taken any ibu...or the other thing s i take for pain. I hope i dont have to. Not taking ibu and sleeping in recliner makes it so i dont need omeprazole. 20 yrs i have not been.able to get off that

A lot of things are affecting my body. Stopping coffee is probbly also helping me not need omep...and helping me need less sleep med

But until now no doc or friend could tell me one or two things to do...so it was possible for me to do it....and then see a difference

I sure hope this continues. Im wsking up slow but hope to finish getting bulbs into planters and start to pick up messes around house. Put the door back on. Sheesh.

I will need to shop in a day or two

Happy spring!

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

The PTA at school treated us to tacos for lunch, so I did celebrate Cinco de Mayo. It is national educator's week, too.

Worked pretty late, so just got in 20 minutes on the exercise bike.

Dinner time.

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Happy Cinco de Mayo!! I ate Mexican food to celebrate. Yeehaw!

We went to the nearby city today to take the motorcycle in for a checkup and to pick up my new antibiotic nasal spray. Yuck, it burns and doesn't taste nice. (was I expecting anything less??)

Came home and ran some errands. Also bought a yellow gerbera daisy for the front porch. Just had to, ya know. I have mostly pink flowers this year, but love yellow too.

I replanted my aloe vera plant and found out why it won't grow and keeps rotting. DUH!!!.. no drainage!! It has one of those attached drip plates but no opening goes to it!!

So I put a few holes in it with an ice pick. Hope that helps.

I was looking for some alyssum but couldn't find any. I may need to call around to find it. I want to mix it in with my pink petunias and pink impatiens.

The weather is gorgeous. Got a little rain on the way to town. Hubby got rather wet .. oops... but it quit about 15 min before we got there so he dried out pretty well! [lol] I knew y'all would love that visual!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Tutu...are all your flowers in pots or do you have a piece of dirt where you are?

I dont like mexican food. I tried. I get really sick from thst spice they put in almost ecerything. Maybe im herxing..ha!

I cant remember the name of that spice. Can yoy tell me? I need to write it on doc form

So i am a little better. Still coughing...more actually but priductive now tht i am on full dise of supp from chiro in nj for lungs

Xray said there was nothing to cough up but im coughing it up

Tutu...xclear wont get those buggers?

I did a little of this and that all day. Finished bulbs. Hope they come up. Its a wierd time to plant bulbs. O bought them two months ago when we had five feet of snow

The exercise room.has my little desk in it and i put the summer curtains up. And its all clean except for inside desk drawers.

And i cleared a place in office for the problem table and washed the floor but im going to put two coats of this special floor stuff on before i set table up

And i took out trash and recys and had my two hour nap and had a quick talk with my oldest-he was busy teaching teenages how to drive

There is a lot of moldy smell outside even tho it was sunny all day. Maybe it was the fire fighters stirring things up

Im pretty sure late in the day it smelled moldy. I had the portable ac on earlier for the first time and i wonder if thst was bringing outside moldy air in or if its contaminated. It was new last year and the filter is like new...its all clean looking where i can see

My humidity is down to the 30 s in here now and evetything i know about mold says it cant grow here

I turned the chair over again. It eithet has mold ir grease on the stuffing underneath. I took a tape sample. And will send it off in a few days.

I also need to order a gallon of the benefect mold cleaner. And more germfighter oil from plant therapy

I need to get office back together and hook up laptop for that

I also found out a brother i tried to hrlp a few years ago is having back surgery. Im surprised. I thought he needed a hip replacement and he has medicaid and they kept putting him off. But he movrd and the new doc listened and he has a lower back injury from a fall a long time ago and they are going to fix it

He and i dont talk now. I hope it goes well. Bck surgery scares me. Another sister will help him after rehab. I know he would love to be able to go back to work

Almost bedtime i guess. I like going to bed earlier and wsking upearlier

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

LP.. Yes, everything is in pots. I've had to "garden" that way for years now. It's really easier, if you ask me.

I am way beyond Xclear .. I have about 5 different sprays here and I also use a saline rinse at least twice a day. (I make my own and use a bulb syringe instead of a neti pot.)

The infection is in my cheek bone. Very hard to get anything in there that will help. I think because the ENT sucked some of it out last week, it's a little better.

I'm worried about no longer having any oral abx though. This will be a test.

LP ... "cilantro" ?? They don't put cilantro in everything. I can't eat it either. I just had nachos .. very simple stuff that anyone can make.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Yes...thats it. Thanks

--------------------

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Wednesday-Hump Day!!! Now it's all downhill after today!

Well, I went out to the Mexican restaurant by my house instead of the authentic place. Had a vegetarian plate and a margarita. Also a shot of 1800 and Corralejo tequilas. I enjoyed myself.

Kayak-I hardly ever talk with my brother too. He lives in the same town as my Mom and nephew but we hardly ever get together. It's sad but what can you do?

Hiker-Taco lunch sounds wonderful! I didn't realize it was national educator's week. I'll have to do something for my nephew.

TuTu-I see we're all on the same page! You know as old as I am I finally read what May 5th signifies for the Mexican people. Reckon like many others I was incorrect in thinking it was their independence day. Interesting to learn about the Battle of Pueblo and how the outcome could have affected the USA during the Civil War.

BTW, didn't exercise but did a load of laundry last night.

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Yeah. Im the oldrst of six. I get aling with four. The two i dont get along with got heavy into alcohol and drugs. Some of the others did too but in different ways they broke away from it and have careers and families.

I tried for years to help these two. I didnt care what they took so much but i cared how it took over their lives and they were unable to take care of themselves.

A few years ago...oh...it was when i had breast cancer...i realuzed i had to separate. From them cuz their behavior was hurting me

All the other kids separated sooner...but i was the oldest and always fet like i was a second mom

But my plate is full of priblems now with me and my own kids...i just cant interact with them anymore. But im really glad they have each other

I didnt get to sleep til about 3...not sure why. Im not going to let myself take a late nap today and see if that helps.

A lot of pain is coming back...its always worse as night goes on and absolute worst when i get up in morning. If i stay in recliner all night it doesnt hurt anywhere as much as when i end up in bed. Si pain is typicsl arthritis and is worse when i am more active during day

So far i have not given in to pain meds which im afraid will make reflux worse etc

So far i waxed the part of floor where table will go...its suppised to be dry at one. And i made the ex rm a little prettier with three plants and i put the laptop there temp cuz i really need to get online and order some stuff

And i did some laundry...and took the skunk covers off the bulbs i planted...and etta and i walked around the gardens and everything is growing so fast and budding ! I have purple poppies that look really happy

Kinda wirried about my butterfly bushes...they really look dead but online it says tht hsppens up here and the roots will start to send up new shoots soon

Sad news...i lost my azela. I remember when the kid shoveling put a path in the wrong place and i saw it go flying into the snow bank. I was really hoping the roots were still there but it diesnt look like it

Oh well. It was a really bad winter and i think the only house damage is one window

Ok...rest is over...

Tutu...how many years did you end up teaching?

Hiker...you must be going for 30, huh?

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

LP--I am at 31 years of teaching. I have to teach 35 years so get my highest pension amount--if the State of Illinois still has a pension fund in 4 years.

Our state is in dire straights financially. So, I have 4 more years after this one and can retire at age 56- [woohoo] If I had not taken a year off due to Lyme I'd be done in 3 years. Oh well.

Principal was very complimentary about my teaching. Glad that evaluation is over. Do it all again next May.

Off to go for walk--hot and humid (85 here)

Editing: Did get 30 minutes in and am very red faced and hot.

Hiker53

[ 05-06-2015, 05:29 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Sorry to hear that you lost the azalea, LP! The home where I grew up still has HUGE azaleas out front. They are as tall as the eaves. Very beautiful.

I bought some pink caladiums today. They are gorgeous! I usually like the green and white ones, but these were too pretty to resist!

AK .. I read that history yesterday too. I went to Mexico City back in the 70's and heard all about different holidays .. but it was great to hear it all again. We all need refresher courses!

LP .. Sadly, I only taught for 21 years. My pension is pathetic .. especially since I was never in a union.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I was 20 yrs public school but five years private before that...i went out on disabikity when i was 55

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I was 43 .. [Frown]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Thursday-No exercise but I did order 2 more workout DVD's from Amazon. I'm hoping they're the same workouts that I have on VHS tapes. They look the same and I can't believe they finally came out on DVD.

The DVD I ordered about a month ago was too advanced for me.

OK, here's my plan of action.....

Try the DVD's and cut back on cardio. I seem to have a hard time recovering from a cardio workout. Might try adding more weight too once I get up and running.

BTW, I really admire those of you who put in so many years at your careers. Very motivational for those of us who've bounced around from job to job.

Have a terrific day gang!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Kinda slow going todsy. Up late cuz had coyghing fit in night. Ive done a few things. Back on cough syrup and used rescue inhaler. I had gone two nights without cough syrup and was wheezing when i went to bed

Trying to finish up house before saturday so im not embarrassed when pest guy comez to check inside bait stations. I havent see. Any sugns of critters inside but too many bees too close to house.

I hate chemicals but i need some safe space ... patios and drives and out buildings

I plan to take pics of extra rugs and put on craigslist for weekend. Im gonna put a bunch of free stuff out too

Its getting easier to know what to get rid of and whst to store andwht to trash

I need to talk to son today about something upsetting that is hanging. I keep putting it off. Im afraid we will fight and i ll be so upset i ll stop working and feel.sorry for myself

Im just gonna wait a little longer

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

I am kicking myself for giving in and eating the free pizza the PTA provided at lunch today. I know gluten is not good for me and I am paying for it. [bonk]

Did a very short walk after school and then got my hair cut. I laughed when she finished as there are a few spots around my ears and neck that are now lily white as the rest was already exposed to sun.

Tomorrow is Friday--hurrah!

Keep safe, Tutu, from any storms that are moving through.

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

Looking
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13600

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Looking     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I finally got my brain in gear enough to finish my income tax at the last minute after many instances of  -

Then, I celebrated and exercised briefly with the happy dance. [woohoo]

So unfair that they won't let you claim lyme disease pathogens as dependants even though they're living off of you!

Posts: 590 | From Canada | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Im kinda bummed. I found a second probable mold spot under living room.rug on vinyl floo. Mold doesnt eat vinyl so it means dust had gotten under rug some how but its really hard for me to understand how the mold could grow when i keep the humidity so low

I was able to wash it off the floor with my special mold stuff. I guess i have to toss the rug...it cost 300.00 a year ago and is made from polypropylene. And mold is not suppised to eat that so it must be dust in the rug

Its hard on my new floors to not have rugs on them...but im just going to have washable ones that will fit in washer now

I dont know what else to do. Get rid of anything tht is mold
food...all my books? Onky have online stuff. All my new curtains? Buy plastic shades .

Im going to test...but after all this work and money....i dont know.

They sell these little dome houses that are supposed to be mold
free....i wonder if i could have one on my property as a guest house and then live in it

I poured every penny i had into this place cuz its wheel chair friendly....

I cant control the outsude air and i thinkit must be contaminating my house

I really dont understand how mold can grow here...im keeping the insude air in a way mold cant grow

Its pretty depressing. The crazy storms and droughts...

I dont know what to do. I feel like i got kicked in the face

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

How do you know you have mold, kayak?? You can see it?? Not sure what "probable mold" means.

Congrats, Looking! I need to get busy on mine. UGH.

I made some angels this evening. Had orders for two on the same day... two different people. Makes it handy so I can make one trip to the post office instead of two!

Did some grocery shopping today. I seem to do that a lot! [Big Grin]

[ 05-07-2015, 11:56 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

yeah...i can see it. it looks like mold black mold but i havent tested it yet

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Shoot.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

KAYAK...MAYBE ...OOPS ..CAP KEY ON

maybe when summer hits you will have less battle with mold..unless you have the humidity where you live.

kam
Member # 3410

watched a video awhile ago about a lady who buildt a tiny house that was chemical and mold free.

cost her $75,000 but her health has improved

She said just getting in the outdoors helped health too.

Assume she was living in the city before moving.

kam
Member # 3410

woke at 3:30 am in more pain than baseline.

Neighbor said I most likely would be more stiff and sore today after yesterday's fall in the powe rcahir.

So, looks like it will not be until Monday before I can get the power cahir arm welded back on.

I was able to take a shower ysterday while the person was here that I am paying for help.

And get up to answer the door when help came, and when help came back to get her phone she left and when caregiver organization came to do the 90 day paper work.

person who came is the person i had hired in Dec to help clean up apartment after the fire.

So that was cool to have someoen here who I knew would be OK.

Not able to read and fill out a form she gave me. Brain was not working well enough.

Able to get up and get food and take meds

And able to get up and take Rosie out to toilet a few times yesterday.

Talked with neighbor who told me someone had drawn a picture on the wall across from the elevator and there were lots of something hanging in the elevator.

Taking in what she was saying to me was pretty foggy.

Just know I hoped the person did not live here at the aarptments.

They think it is the person who comes to clean a guy's apartment on the first floor who is on drugs.

He has a lot of people coming and going at his apartment. Unless he seels drugs to an undercover cop there is not much that can be done about it

I do not understand this management thing. I do understand legally they need documentation or proof.

So much for living in a senior apartment complex and having things low keyed.

This guy is disabled. Not a senior. They were able to evict a person awhile back who was selling drugs.

Not sure how they did that or if she just decided to move.

kam
Member # 3410

looking...i like the idea of a happy dance...i think we all need to briefly do the happy dance each day and look for reasons to do so

i will work on that today

kam
Member # 3410

Also able to pick up Rosie's poop and most likely another dog's poop yesterday afternoon.

I think I picked up about 4 deposits..

Not always doing well enough to pick up after Rosie at the time so need to go back when able.

kam
Member # 3410

time to get rosie out now...going out in pj's this am with coat over pj's in power chair

still dark out

kam
Member # 3410

Able to sort laundry while on feet

rapid fired sneezes on feet est 10 times..that is exercise for sure. [Smile]

made cup of detox tea....back in bed now resting

kam
Member # 3410

i was only on the job for 18 months before health went south

but still glad i did go back to college and get my teacher's credential and be able to teach for a bit

one reason i took the job i did was because i heard of the great benefits the state had..wrong...

benefits are only good after you had been teaching there 5 years...those that came down sick when i did had a good salary for disability

they said they had the same income as when they were teaching as all that stuff they took out of our salary was no longer being taken out

but thankful for the income i do have coming in..this being sick thing was just not he plan..but who does plan for these things...sheesh

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Ive beeb thinking about those little houses kam. My plan B for this place. Is make it smaller and then redo what is left in best mold resistant way. But im not sure if thats going to work if outside air is so moldy. It comes in every time i open door.

The neighborhood is pretty safe, close to shopping but quiet...but about 8 housrs up hill of me are moldy and the lot SE of me has 50 moldy cars in it and the garage next to that lot might have a moldy attic

I cant get away from spores

But my plan is to keep inside air right...but something is wrong thst i havent figured out yet

Its depressing

I was up early this morning and reorganizing totes in carport so pest guy can see wall better-did thst before breakfast-that doesnt happen iften

I took moldy rug out and vcumef and mopped and put down two newer rugs to keep floor safe. Colors arent great. But i csnt be picky now

I really want to learn how to do fb now. Im motivted cuz there is good mold info thete. It is a big problem. Someone suggested i move to wyoming. I bet they have nice horses. But tht is pretty far away from.all i know. And no ocean. I dont think i cantake another move

Well...back to work. Im coughing and wheezing more but still have energy. Its probably dust and mold in air. Hope to get to where i can ozone and hepa filter air and put new filters in....and then pray it will go away

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Wow. Im proud of myself. Ive been cleaning like ak!!!

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I'll call you in a bit, kayak... maybe we can get this FB thing going.

I always heard the the mold outside was not much of an issue as compared to the type of inside mold??

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Friday-Doing my friday dance too! Went and had my cranio done and she worked on my bad shoulder. Sure am hoping she can help me with those issues.

No exercise so far but am doing some chores tomorrow.

Am planning on going to an REO Speedwagon and Grand Funk Railroad free concert tomorrow evening. Might be going solo but some of my old high school friends might be there.

I'll report back after all the festivities!

Kayak-I'm battling mold too from water leaks. I have window units that might be a source of mold too. It's an ongoing battle. BTW Kayak, don't overdo with all the cleaning, your getting over that horrible lung infection.

Hiker-This is weird, I ate pizza for lunch too. Way too much pizza at that! Also got my haircut this week. Slightly shorter inverted bob. Love it!

Looking-Joining you in that happy dance!

TuTu-I've got to do some grocery shopping too. Congrats on those 2 angels!

Kam-Loved what you said about doing the happy dance every day. I should try to find a reason to do it once a day.

Hope everyone has a terrific day!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

TGIF and another week of work is done.

Rode the exercise bike. Wanted to get on my "real" bike, but it is raining.

AK--I used to live across the street from REO Speedwagon. Love the music but the concert would be way too much stimuli for me. They got their start in bars around the campus (Univ. of Illinois) where I went to school.

Supposed to rain all weekend. Hopefully will get a break early tomorrow. A local residence sells plants tomorrow and they always have a great supply plus decorative birdhouses etc.

Relaxing tonight.

Enjoy the weekend.

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

That's cool, hiker and AK!! They are good!

Hiker.. seems like just yesterday that you were bemoaning the loss of your summer... and now it's almost summer again!!

Went to exercise and did 18 min on the machine and 15 laps.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I rest a lot in between but i yhink the dust and whaever else i am stirring up is making my cough worse and bringing my wheeze back

I have been pushing cuz tomorrow at noon the pest guy is coming back and i want him to ccome inside and check the bsit traps that have been here all winter...no sign of critters but im.curious

He h s s to go in all but 2 rooms so i am.trying to get at least that much done

Bettrr go

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

O M G !!! I am tired. Couldnt sleep til 3....up at 9....hustle to get ready for pest guy...it was CV at the end...huffing and puffing....

I may not do anything the rest of day....still tons of stuff to go thru and find spots for or throw away

Hopefully i throw away a lo. I wish i could trust my computer and printer to do all paperwork on line...but when ever i need something everything breaks and i csnt find what i need

I need to eat and probably nap...hope everyone has a good...safe weekend

Oh! No sign of any critters anywhere in the house....

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

Got up and went to a plant sale that benefits the local cancer center.

Bought a few sedum, some chicks and hens, and a cute decorate tiny bird house on a stick to put in my garden.

I mowed the dandelions--I mean the lawn--so that is my exercise for the day.

Time to shower and head to school to watch the kiddos in their spring play.

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

YAY!! Kayak... no critters in the house!! woot woot!!

hiker .. Sounds like you had a productive day!

I bought a new doormat for our front porch. Hope it works well. Also bought a plastic container to put the rest of my winter clothes in. I have a very small (for me) closet.

It's been raining this evening. It is SO GREEN everywhere. Even Texas is getting rain.. lots of it... tornadoes too. Hope we escape those!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I watched a movie and ate and then took etta outside to hook up the hose and washed the car! Its sych a tiny car it took about 15 min

Its supposed to be hot tomorrow around here 85 is hot...and i wantrd to be sure the hose would work if my flowers got thirsty

Its dry and there are many forest fires but i think its supposed to rain mon and tues

Tomorrow im gonna yry to do sitting down stuff. By the end of today my groin was hurting agsin...third time this week. Im doingtoo much. I dont want to be back in bed or in the wc

I still have three sets of forms for new docs and there are two big piles of stuff to sort

I ll have to save my standing time for tomorrow for making sure styff that shouldnt get wet gets put away.

Its almost time to mow lawn...but im gonna try to hold off until later in the week

Hope everyone stays saf.e I know. Ppl in normand ok and it seems like they get hit a lot with these storms

--------------------

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement