LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Cousin was killed last night (hit by a car)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cousin was killed last night (hit by a car)
hopingandpraying
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 9256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopingandpraying     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got this terrible news this morning and we are all devastated. She was like a sister to me and such a vibrant, warm, outgoing person.

My cousin was crossing the street in front of her home, when a young speeding driver hit her. She was badly injured and later died at the hospital.

Compounding the pain of this horrific news is that this family lost a brother several years ago. He fell from his roof while putting up Christmas lights and broke his neck.

Please keep everyone in your prayers. Our hearts are broken.

Posts: 8824 | From Illinois | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Wrapping my heart around you. So sorry to hear this - for so many reasons.

Indeed, the love you all have now for each other . . . and the love to honor the memory and what was so very important to your cousins . . . while it surely is cutting right now, hold onto the power of that love, the light and love of it.

Also, on a practical note, adrenal support is vital now as you've had quite a shock. That shock can tank adrenal function. Good brain oils, too.

Hugs. Love. Light. Stand up for what truly matters.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I won't pretend to know how much this hurts you. Nor do I have the words to comfort, for which I am sorry. It is just more than I can comprehend. I will pray for you, and her family and friends.

My only thought is that it might help to focus on what she would want you to do right now, and do it.

[group hug]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20352 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rosie7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rosie7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no words
Posts: 559 | From Lyme Land | Registered: Oct 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is just so horribly sad. May Jesus comfort you and your family with His love and peace. I can't imagine the pain.

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 95252 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Hugs*

So sorry to hear this.

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How very sad - you have our support at this time -
Posts: 13041 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopingandpraying
Member # 9256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopingandpraying     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To all of you from my heart:

Your prayers, touching words, kind suggestions and overwhelming support are so very much appreciated. How I will miss my beautifully funny, outgoing, vibrant, wonderful, caring, loving cousin. The world truly has lost a beacon of joy and light and Heaven has gained an amazing soul.

With hope in Jesus and the Resurrection.

Posts: 8824 | From Illinois | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopingandpraying
Member # 9256

Revelation 21:4

"He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

LisaK
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am praying for your comfort. so sorry for your loss.

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3456 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by hopingandpraying:

"He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

-
Amen, Lord Jesus

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 95252 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry to hear this. I am sure she is in a good place though. :) May peace, love and light surround you all, especially her parents (losing 2 of them).

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopingandpraying
Member # 9256

Thank you so much. Her parents have been gone many years, she still has a sister and brother who are alive.
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So so sorry hoping

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mlg
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mlg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry to hear this. My prayers go out.
Posts: 634 | From CA | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Such tragic news. So sorry for you and your family. May God give you all the strength and comfort you so need right now.
Posts: 2358 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WakeUp
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9977

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WakeUp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:
quote:
Originally posted by hopingandpraying:

-
Amen, Lord Jesus

Amen Lord Jesus-- please comfort this family in their time of need.
Posts: 696 | From New York | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just checking back on you. Hoping you are ok.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20352 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

I also lost my cousin. She had Lyme that was misdiagnosed and she suffered for years. We were the same age and had a lot of the same interests and lived close to each other for a long time before she passed.

As kids we loved to compete in silly things- like who would catch the first fish, out ride each other on our horses, or be able to run in our bare feet to the next block the fastest (on the hot, hot road tar). Hey, I never said we were smart!

Within a couple days of her passing all the emotions were flooding thru me and I was really hurting. I walked outside and looked to the heavens one afternoon and took a deep breath. Just as I started to look down I heard her sweet voice whisper in that real sweet southern accent...

"I got to see God before you did."

She won the ultimate race.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so very sorry for your loss. That's so tragic.

I am praying that the Lord will provide all that you and your family need to get through this.

Hugs!

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopingandpraying
Member # 9256

I thank all of you for reaching out to comfort me at this very painful time. Hugs to each and every one of you.

We are all taking one day at a time, still in shock over this and waiting to find out more details about her funeral.

It means so much that you who are suffering yourselves and burdened with so many things took the time to share caring words, thoughts and prayers with me.

But then, isn't that what Life is all about, that we need to be there for one another in good times as well as bad and "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"?! In this world of increasingly senseless tragedies, violence and killings, goodness and kindness always triumphs, and, ultimately, Love will win!

Please keep her sister and brother in your prayers. They are dealing with a lot of anger and disbelief right now.

Tincup - you touched my heart in a profound way, because I could hear my beloved cousin say the same thing, "I got to see God before you did." (and chuckle afterwards in her own inimitable way!).

Yes, she did win the "ultimate race".

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." 2 Timothy 4:7

As I said before, we lost a shining star and Heaven gained an amazing soul!

RIP dearest cousin until we meet again. I love and miss you so much.

hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May God give you comfort in this time.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 6956 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Whew.. I was going to say my cousin snickered in my earlier post, but worried that referencing a laugh at a time like this could be frowned on. Glad you heard the giggle too.

[group hug]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

hopingandpraying
Member # 9256

Thank you, hiker53, very much appreciated.

No offense taken, Tincup, I think our cousins were
"kindred spirits" not only with us but with each other, even though they had never met!

Tincup
Member # 5829

It sure sounds like it.

Hope you are doing better dear one.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

hopingandpraying
Member # 9256

I am heartbroken and very sad, but know my dear cousin is well and with the Lord in the best place she can be.

The funeral arrangements have finally been made. Will go to honor my beloved cousin, give loving support to her sister and brother, and be there when she is laid to rest.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I'm thankful that you will be able to attend. Not being able to do that would be even more painful.

God bless you and your family.

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

tickalert
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7033

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickalert     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying for you and your family during this very difficult time.
Posts: 911 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopingandpraying
Member # 9256

Thank you so much Lymetoo and tickalert for your kind words and prayers. As difficult as it is in going, I couldn't even imagine not doing so, because I just have to and need to be there.

Once again, please keep her sister and brother in your prayers. They are beyond devastated and dealing with a lot of anger and disbelief.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

When is the funeral?

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hopingandpraying
Member # 9256

Saturday
cbb
Member # 788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, so sorry to hear of your family's loss, especially right here at Christmas. Know that your LymeNet family is sending love and support.

I am reminded of a sermon I have on tape.
A family lost a loved one and said to the minister, "She missed Christmas."
The minister replied, "Yes, but she had Easter."

May the Lord give each of you His blessing and peace.

Posts: 4638 | From South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopingandpraying
Member # 9256

Very much appreciated, cbb. Thank you to you and all of my wonderful LymeNet family from my heart.

I have returned from my beloved cousin's funeral which was not only beautiful but a truly fitting and well-deserved tribute to a warm, loving and vibrant human being who contributed so much to her church, parish, community, neighborhood and society in general. The world was a much better place because she was in it.

Yes, our hope certainly is in the Resurrection and my dear cousin will be celebrating Christmas in Heaven with the Lord. How perfect is that?!?!

Please keep her brother and sister in your prayers, because they are so devastated. They need the Lord's Comfort and Peace which surpasses all understanding and that their faith be strengthened and renewed while drawing closer to Him at this most difficult time.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

The road will be so hard for them, but with God's love they will be able to make it. I will continue to lift all of you up in prayer.

I'm so grateful you were able to go to the funeral and that it brought you great comfort.

cbb .. I love that quote about Easter! That is really wonderful.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Tincup
Member # 5829

Just stopped by for a NY minute to check on you. Glad you got to go. And I am still praying for you and the family. My problem is I hope the Lord understands when I flub it all up. Or maybe HE just sits there laughing at my attempts?

Since I can't possibly name everyone ALL of the time in my prayers, I group many together. I do mention names when focused on certain people though. The other day when finishing up my prayers and being in a real hurry (suddenly had to use the little girls room- BAD- and I know you've all been there), I referred to you as... not HOPING, but...

Hopping, oh oh and she's praying too, ah, ah, you know, what's her name at LymeNet. Thank you Lord! Amen!

When I got back in the bedroom I knew I'd messed up and was concerned about it, so you got your own private prayer that day just to be sure.

So you are still in my prayers and in my heart! (If you want to be after all that!)

[group hug]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

hopingandpraying
Member # 9256

Yes, Lymetoo, I am glad I went even though, to be honest, I didn't want to because it was just so painful. I know my cousin threw a lot of wrenches in the works, because the whole weekend was one crazy thing after another, with some humor thrown in (good for the soul, and I'm sure she was laughing along with us!). There's too much to mention, but, suffice it to say, it was one that will go down in the memory books for sure!

Tincup - be assured God knows who I am, after all He knew me before He formed me in the womb, right?! He sure does have a sense of humor, because He made us, didn't He?

I'm honored to have received my very own prayer and I know our Heavenly Father heard it loud and clear and knew full well who it was for! Goodness knows I've been banging on His door long enough and using His hotline for prayers forever!!

It is very touching not only to know you are praying for me, but that I am in your heart even after all of that. Many many hugs back to you and thank you for thinking of me.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement