LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » In Scott's words...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: In Scott's words...
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is something that came in an email - Scott recently didn't make it - he wrote very well about what he was going through - this is his testimony for an upcoming Senate hearing on Lyme disease in Australia. Note how many times doctors told him he couldn't have Lyme.

www.lymedisease.org.au/scotts-senate-submission

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is so tragic. [Frown] That young man was a warrior. Praying that some of his testimony will make a difference for others.
Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
me
Member # 45475

Icon 1 posted      Profile for me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, that is so terribly devestating.

Thank you for sharing this article. What a wonderful man for sharing his story and trying to make a difference.

How did he pass away-I didn't see that in his article. Was it from Lyme or did he take his life?

Posts: 1431 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetmelissa
Member # 47400

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweetmelissa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rest in Peace Scott .. May you be in the comfort of Our Loving Lord .....

In Jesus Name, Amen

--------------------
GOD IS GREATER than any Problem, failed plan, Debt, Disease, Army, Or Mountain standing in your way.. WITH GOD nothing is impossible. LUKE 1:37

Posts: 21 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Jan 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hold on!

I can't read the whole thing right now, but did it say Scott passed away?

2nd- Is this "our Scott"? Better Health Guy Scott?

Anyone?

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, no, no! Not our Scott!!

This is Scott in Australia, who wrote so eloquently about what he was going through and also about Lyme disease.

The person who sent the email didn't say how he passed, just that he did, last week.

His testimony will be going to the Senate hearing there. Maybe his words and what happened to him will move them forward there.

Ok, I just checked online - location where he got bitten was just north of Sydney, near Newcastle.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sad to hear about this wonderful young man's passing. So very sad. Hard to believe this is STILL going on this long after the discovery of the disease.

Thank you for clearing it up regarding who it was. I see "Scott" and I immediately think "OUR" Scott who has fought a long hard battle too.

I will read the article now with a better understanding.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Member # 5355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bartonella sounds like his biggest problem and that was apparently what the rifampin was for. In the middle of a herx or drug reaction, it is hard to tell whether the disease or the treatment is worse.

He certainly got the shaft from the medical establishment and his story sounds a lot like ours. Many lymed people are now doubtful about ever going back to an ER, regardless of what happens. They only seem to recognize certain problems as worth their time and for sure haven't a clue what to do with tickborne diseases that are finding new places to inhabit.

Very sorry about losing him. Intelligent and tenacious guy.

Posts: 2888 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement