LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Meeting with Case Manager and supervisors Wed Update #8

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Meeting with Case Manager and supervisors Wed Update #8
TxCoord
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TxCoord     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This could prove to be an interesting day on Wednesday as the case manager called and we have an appointment to meet with the supervisory staff at the clinic to discuss the incompetence and progressive discipline needed to correct the issues.

I will making a list and checking it twice.

[ 09-01-2016, 05:08 PM: Message edited by: TxCoord ]

--------------------
I have a good time wherever I go!

Posts: 665 | From Lost Wages, NV | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Y E S !!!!

Ask them if you can record it ... They will pass out when you ask them!! [lol]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 94834 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hot dawgs! You go get 'em sport! Love it!

Can I come too?

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20332 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Perhaps turn this into a fun session that will also ease their burdens by you showing them a plan that will help them . . . and you would be delighted to explain not just how the patient whose care is being discussed can benefit

but they could also incorporate some of the ideas to make their work matter more to others. Their sense of commitment must still be in there somewhere and it's likely no secret to any of them there are glitches.

You can ride in on your stallion with an orange cape and offer a dose of sunshine. While this might be an expense, feed them a snack and they can think better. I'd suggest raw nuts for brain power but then that could pose an allergen issue.

Just a thought. If I want someone to be receptive, I first want to be sure they don't have low blood sugar or in need of fuel to pay attention. If donuts are served as they are in too many meetings, concentration will be gone for good from the first bite, though.

If they have a catering staff, maybe call and arrange to be sure the coffee is fresh and some fruit might be on the table?

Good luck. I hope this goes swimmingly well.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will say a few prayers. Am excited to hear your report.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 6515 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
me
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 45475

Icon 1 posted      Profile for me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will pray for you and silver.

--------------------
Just sharing my experiences, opinions, and what I've read and learned. Not medical advice.

Posts: 1431 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope it goes well!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 94834 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Hoping for a "Thumb's UP" review of your experience (!?).
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TxCoord
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TxCoord     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We met with 3 nice ladies (one was a doctor, one was the case manager and the other was the office mgr).

I listed our issues (and for the most part they are fixable - but admin has to be aware of a problem before they can fix it) and they had already started working on solutions (I guess my letter stirred the pot a little cuz I named names, dates, and statements) and had an action plan in place.

That was a good thing and hopefully the training/retraining will help their efficiency. We will get a call back from the C.M. in a couple weeks and we were given the mgr's extension as well as the medical assistant's supervisor's extension.

Some progress at least. Meeting did go well though.

Thanks all for reading and commenting.

--------------------

Posts: 665 | From Lost Wages, NV | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Great news!!! Keep us posted!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Good start to forging these new relationships.

That letter must have been one fantastic piece of work to have them start thinking about getting into gear before you even got there. Some would have just waited for you to show up before giving it any thought.
-

TxCoord
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9204

Keebler, I think it was because I used phrases such as "progressive discipline", "documentation issues", actually using phonetic spelling (not once, but twice!) to two different medical assistants for the klebsiella, "experienced an unacceptable number of communication issues . . ."

And then we met I explained my training and experience as a trainer for the dept of corrections, Red Cross/CPR Instructor, etc. Eyebrows to the top of the hair line. I might not look educated, but I am!

Don't make me pull out my mental thesaurus!

--------------------

Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds good TX. How are you and Silver doing?

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20332 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TxCoord
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9204

"With our daughter getting married and
there's trouble in the town,
you're upset, you're worn out, go inside go lie down . . "

Oh wait, that's Fiddler on the Roof!

We're okay. It's just having the desire to but not the energy to!

Also not knowing if the infection was booted the last round of antibiotics - hanging in and hanging on!

--------------------

bluelyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 47170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope the infection is gone ...way to raise cain...rooting for ya

--------------------
Blue

Posts: 1538 | From southwest | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement