LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter




The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive


The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » mold-which stuff has to go?

 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: mold-which stuff has to go?
dogmom2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dogmom2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
moved over a year ago to get away from constant wood smoke and ended up in a house with a mold problem. And I do have the bad mold genes. Now all sensitivities have gotten worse, sound, electric, chemical, food, etc.

So looking for another place and trying to get rid of stuff. Can I keep stuff that stayed boxed up or donate it?

If I wash stuff does it have to be with a certain soap? Or wiping down furniture? I can't be around new furniture either, and used may have mold toxins too, so am thinking of trying to keep the furniture.

Posts: 857 | From northern california | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neko
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wiped down my furniture with vinegar/borax spray. Anything with fabric or cushions, you need to decide if it's worth it...how contaminated the room was where it was. I'm washing my clothes and getting new bed sheets. Not going to go nuts yet as the contamination was localized to an attic and bedroom mostly.
Posts: 133 | From North Shore | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We use thieves oil for mold. Works great. You can wipe your furniture/stuff with it. Michael from Tampa is a good person to ask too. He treated extensively. If you search here you will find his info.

I think someone else used ozone machines. Do a search here, you'll find it. [Smile]

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dogmom2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dogmom2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you, I don't mind getting rid of stuff, but hate to waste it. Is it okay to donate stuff, only I got symptoms my bf did not, but don't want anyone else to get sick.

Like stuff in boxes, it seems like that would be protected from toxins.

Posts: 857 | From northern california | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm interested to hear what others have to share with you.

I believe that my bathroom may have some mold in it. My walk in shower leaks. I've had a contractor try to identify & fix it. I even put a shower curtain up but the leak seams to be coming from behind the shower wall. It makes my drywall soft and my paint squishy in a 10x 10in space.

With the heat of the shower, yellow liquid runs out of the AC vent.

The AC & heat smell strongly kinda like wet dog when I turn it on for the first time of the season. There is no more smell no that it has been running consistently though. It's electric heat.

I've had our furnace checked & it was perfectly clean.

I live in a condo. It is approx 13years old. Before I moved in, it was vacant for about 2 years. It was in poor condition.

So much is going on in my life though, I just haven't been able to address it.

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey dogmom,

After my sister got married, they moved to Michigan City, IN to find work. (It is located literally right on Lake Michigan)

She wasn't even there a whole school season. She started getting super anxious, depressed, had crushing fatigue, then started getting flue like symptoms.

She eventually had to go on sick leave & her devoted husband planned to finish the last semester.

They were desperate to figure out what was making her sick & decided that it was the dark dreary wet environment.

So they started packing...

And they were horrified to find...

That the closet was full of black mold.

The kitchen cabinets were full of black mold.

So was the linen closet.

In the bathroom cabinets.

Behind the bed.

Behind the couch...

It was behind EVERY piece of furnature that they owned!!! In every closet & in every cabinet!!!

It was a nightmare!

The owner had apparently known about the mold problem. His way of "fixing" it was to simply paint it when it came back!

My sister is IgE anaphylactic allergic to mold!!! So no wonder she was getting so very sick!

So needless to say, my sister & her husband moved again. They didn't have the money to give anything away. So they cleaned what they could.

Thankfully, this time they moved closer to me!

Now I have a 4 year old niece, 2 year old nephew, and 2 month old twins a girl & boy! How great is that! I love them sooo much!

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a lot of experience with mold. So much to know. There is a facebook group called mold Avoiders that has a lot of info and gives you a free ebook about what to do. However some think they overdo it. I couldn't do everything they said. Good luck. I use ozone. Reach out if I can help

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
   

Quick Reply
Message:

HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins
   


Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:


Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement

Powered by UBB.classic™ 6.7.3


The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations. If you would like to support the Network and the LymeNet system of Web services, please send your donations to:

The Lyme Disease Network of New Jersey
907 Pebble Creek Court, Pennington, NJ 08534 USA


| Flash Discussion | Support Groups | On-Line Library
Legal Resources | Medical Abstracts | Newsletter | Books
Pictures | Site Search | Links | Help/Questions
About LymeNet | Contact Us

© 1993-2020 The Lyme Disease Network of New Jersey, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Use of the LymeNet Site is subject to Terms and Conditions.