LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise-What you can do today: Oct. 14

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise-What you can do today: Oct. 14
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 6 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Time for another week of swishing and swooshing.

Walking, weight lifting, yard work, cleaning--what gets you moving?

Drove back from my folks this morning.

Did a lot of weeding. Ground is wet, so those dandelions pop right out. Way too many of them.

Off to watch a little football and do odds and ends around the house.

Tutu--Are you watching the Astros tonight?

Have a super week. [Smile]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8881 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I woke up feeling ok but soon had some scary physical stuff happen. I felt quite weak and tired all day. I did get my brother to work and he got a lot of Handiman cleaner type work done. We argued a little but we both need each other so we both backed off. I still feel weak and tired and the bleeding stopped after 4 hrs.

I’m planning on picking him up again tomorrow to take ac s
Out. Clean up carport and yard. And some other things.

He keeps having to come back for the taping that takes 15 minutes the loan applications min so we both want him to do the xtra stuff since he’s so far away and I have to pick him up. I’m very tired driving 2 hrs a day tho.

I’m surprised I was able to find so many important papers for

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lp-What bleeding? Can your brother stay with you for a few days until the handyman work is done?

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8881 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's what I want to know! What bleeding?

Hope the job will be finished soon .. take good care of yourself!

Yes, watched the game here with my masto friend. She was rooting for Boston. We survived without a fight .. hahaha.

We also went to a show at 2pm .. so I'm beat.

Gotta get up tomorrow and go to the city for acupuncture/chiro. Can't wait since my leg(s) are killing me. I aggravated something when I had to clear out my kitchen cabinets two weeks ago .. then made it worse on Thursday when we moved it all back.

I think it's from my hips, but not sure.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for getting us going this week Hiker. I'm battling weeds in the yard too. Seems like a never ending job.

I did 2 loads of laundry and made salad, chicken/veggie fettuccine alfredo and garlic bread for dinner. Josh came by and ate dinner with us and brought some homework to do.

Ditto what TuTu and Hiker are saying Kayak. Hope you're OK.

Sounds like a fun day TuTu! Sure hope you get some relief for the pain. I get very frustrated and weary dealing with pain. Can't tolerate my pain meds for long.

Well, off to find a midnight snack!

[lick]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6141 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tutu--Hope the acupuncture helped today.

AK--midnight snack? I go to bed at 10. LOL

lp--Hope your brother was able to help today with more tasks and that you are feeling better.

Stopped at grocery this morning. Organic ground turkey was on sale for $2.99 a pound and organic chicken breasts on sale, too. The nondairy coconut based "ice cream" was not on sale, but it threw open the door to the freezer and jumped into my cart. How troubling. [Eek!]

Walked 23 minutes. Only in low 40's and going to down to 30 tonight. Brisk wind. Felt good to get out in the sunshine, though.

Dealt with stuff for my parents--calling their doctor, calling their accountant etc.

Time to read a bit.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lyme248
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51011

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lyme248     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hope everyone is doing well.

My missing fall clothes finally turned up under a pile of blankets in the closet. Just where I thought I had put them originally.

I went for a short walk today. I'm not sure what do do about my diet. I was on a very strict diet, because it seemed like most foods made me feel terrible, but now not too many things bother me, so now I don't know what to eat. It's amazing what will jump into your cart if you're not careful :)

Did you ever see the commercial where a woman is shopping, and she reaches for a can, and all her groceries run away?

--------------------
chronic Lyme/Bartonella

Inside every sick person is a well person waiting to be freed

Posts: 232 | From new england | Registered: Nov 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stretching then 30 minutes on the elliptical. Afterwards did some minor upper back and chest, inner and outer thigh sets, 2 of 10, with the weight machines and 15 minutes in the sauna.

I wish I could get back to working my abs, rear and legs with my ancient DVD's. With the pelvic prolapse it might not be a good idea. Frustrating!

You guys know the only reason I'm working out is so I don't kill myself with the yard work, hiking, etc. Also found out recently from my doc that it'll help lower my LDL!

Way to go on the 23 Hiker! That's a great price for ground organic turkey! What do you make with it? That darn coconut ice cream, gotta watch those suckers! Dark chocolate ends up in my cart!

Haven't seen that commercial L248. I bet you're glad you can eat again! I have issues with a lot of foods but not to bad. I'm trying intermittent fasting to help lower my histamine reaction to meds, food, etc.

After my cook-a-thon yesterday I'm just gonna open up a can of Progresso soup for dinner. Mom already made herself something while I was at the gym. So an easy evening!

See you guys tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6141 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Started oiling my teak furniture. Sure gave my arm and shoulder a work out and I have a lot more pieces to oil.

Walked but less than 20 minutes. Very windy.

Was trying to figure out how to get my phone contacts into my email, but gave up because I don't have wi-fi. Ended up typing them all on an excel spreadsheet.

Doing some laundry now.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Super busy day leaving home at 7:30 to renew Mom's DL then off to get a new license plate at the tag office. Go, go, go most of the day, ending at 7:00 with the cable company coming out.

No exercise but just swamped with errands!

Did squeeze in some early voting though.

Leaving home at 5:30 in the morning tomorrow to take Mom to Atlanta for a doctor's appointment. Not the cancer doc though thank goodness.

Quite the workout there Hiker! Hope you had some down time afterwards.

Off to bed so I can wake up bright and early!

[sleepy]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You guys got my text right?

Got a belly laugh from the can in the grocery cart

Brother not back yet. Maybe tomorrow. I’m in bad shape. Can hardly walk. But I move some stuff around so I can work on bills and refi stuff on computer from wheelchair so I can do something productive. I also sat and repotted 3 Christmas cactus that spent summer outside. They have buds!?!

I’m catching up laundry.

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

So if u didn’t get text bleeding seems under control. Severe bone pain in arms and shins and knees is what is stopping me. I’m sitting on patio with Etta. Leaves are turning but kind of mut d from drought...flood...drought...repeat all summer

It’s nice out here tho. Sunny and cool. Wish I had a hammock. I get tired sitting up

Hope things keep going ok for all of us. KAM is thinking about going for a road trip and living in the woods for awhile. I told her it isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. Having my nest even when things go wrong is so important to me. She wants to escape emf s. But it can be too hot too cold too wet for me and I really like a modern bathroom.

--------------------

Lyme248
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51011

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lyme248     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with you about living in the woods. Too many ticks for one thing. And not having power or hot water is HARD.

I hope you keep feeling better.

--------------------
chronic Lyme/Bartonella

Inside every sick person is a well person waiting to be freed

Posts: 232 | From new england | Registered: Nov 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Slept in today until almost 9.

Got my hair cut today.

So windy out that I went to rec center to walk for 25 minutes.

Ran an errand, filled bird feeders.

lp--Hope you keep getting better. I am not one for camping, either. When I used to hike, I would stay in a B & B.

Ak--hope your mom's appointment went well and you are home safe.

Tutu--Astros need a win. I will root for Milwaukee to take all!

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Milwaukee? Boo hiss! lol .. We just have to get past the Sox. Looked like an easy path after Game 1.... but that is never the case. World Championship is not an easy road.

Had to go to Urgent Care for muscle relaxants yesterday. The pain in my leg is insane. All from putting the condo back together. Also ran into a nightstand on Friday, which didn't help.

Hubby took me for more acupuncture early this afternoon. He's now at our church council meeting without me. Will go again on Friday.

arrrgggh... Hard to watch baseball from bed.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

We're home safe and sound. Mom had her regular liver doctor appointment and her fatty liver and cirrhosis isn't getting worse, so that's good news!

Liver function numbers were also normal. Whew!

After her appointment we grocery shopped at an asia market that she likes up there then drove home. So left at 5:30 a.m. and got home around 4:00.

I went to the gym and did my 30 on the elliptical, walked 2 laps to cool down, legs/chest/back weight machine and 20 minutes in the sauna.

Glad you're feeling better Kayak. That's a tough life KAM is thinking of! Been there done that and would be hard pressed to live without water and power again. Hauling water was the worst even compared to cutting firewood.

Know what you mean about ticks L248!

Kudos on the 25 Hiker! I'm getting my haircut tomorrow too.

Hope you can tolerate those muscle relaxers TuTu! I don't know if it's those or pain pills that flare up my MCAD.

Well, off to veg before bedtime. Gonna have another early day tomorrow. Night all!

[sleepy]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

The muscle relaxants are going OK so far .. but not working very well.

Pain pills will definitely flare up MCAS. They are on the NO list.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I couldn't find anything on Kam's page about living in the woods. I know each time she has tried it even for one night, there have been problems she couldn't overcome. So I doubt it will happen.

She has a nice little place and needs to figure out her other triggers. I'm sure foods are a BIG issue for her because she gets the meals brought to her and she eats tons of leftovers.

I love leftovers, but cannot eat them anymore.

It's such a vicious cycle for her. We need to keep her in prayer.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Tutu--Hope your legs are better. Will be praying for Kam.

Busy day. Bible study this morning.

Walked 22 minutes.

Went to chiropractor.

Went to baby shower at school where I taught. First time I have walked back in the building since I retired in May. Lots of fun.

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Today I figured out I forgot to take my anti inflammatory for over a week. It looks just like the doxy. And it was very confusing with my brother here. But that’s why I’m sooooo unable to move. Also I am prepping for new elevated shoe by wearing 1/8 in lift. When I don’t hurt I go to 1/4 then 3/8 and then is m not sure. But it’s good to know there is a reason for me to hurt so much

I also went to first bank to hand in papers. I don’t think this is bank I will use. At the end I have to compare everything but I think a different one will come out lower. I’m going there tomorrow. And Saturday my brother should finish living room. Then he will come back to remove carpet from the one carpet room next week

I have been in bed a lot last 3 days. Standing and sitting have been very painfull. The med is helping

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Oh OUCH, LP!!! I forgot ONE curcumin one night and paid for that for DAYS. OUCH!!

Go easy on those shoes .. it WILL take time to adjust.

My leg is still a mess... it's a stabilizer muscle on my left side, says the chiro. Will see him again tomorrow. We will prob just do acupuncture again tomorrow. (not chiro)

I missed Bible study on Wed because I couldn't walk the two flights of stairs. Not even one would have been possible.

So .. it's been boring over here!! And I have SO MUCH to do .. at home and at church.

Hubby is making a long trip on Saturday for a gig. I had planned to go with him. Thankfully, he WILL have others with him. It's about 5 hours each way and he will be coming home in the middle of the night on Sunday .. then has to play at church.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

MannaMe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Freeze warning for our area tonight. I went out to bring in everything I could from the garden this afternoon.

Celery, peppers, leeks, egg plants, swiss chard, kale, parsley and tomatoes. Will need to get it put away after work tomorrow.

Hubby is saying he hurts today - is more rain coming? He worked at drawing up the plans for building a dog house. Son went to Lowes for the supplies.

Posts: 2250 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Lp--Glad you are back on anti-inflammatories. Hope it makes a quick difference. Also glad your brother is helping you out!

Tutu--Is you Bible study at church? I am amazed at how many churches do not have elevators. I had to make sure the Bible study I go to didn't have steep stairs as the church has no elevator. Fortunately the study is on the main level.

Manna--Wow! You must have a huge garden. Into the 20's tomorrow night here. Brr.

Went grocery shopping this morning.

Squirrels have figured out how to get up the shepherd's hook to get to the birdfeeder. I put a slinky on it and am hoping that keeps them off.
They will probably parachute over from the closest tree. [Big Grin]

Rain came so I walked 25 minutes at the rec center.

Rain into an old colleague and we sat and talked awhile. She introduced me to a man who carves Bible figure faces into pencils and tells stories with them to kids at an after school program. Really neat.

Hoping my BFF comes by tonight. She often does on Fridays.

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I’m not perfect but so much better with antinflammatories

I did bank stuff for second bank and ozoned car and gave Etta a bath

I also took her for 20 min outfit bag but I was in Wc. I can push it backward with my legs but not forward so we didn’t go very fade

But a good mix of things. I’m finishing up laundry and covering everything up cuz tomorrow is sanding and painting day.

--------------------

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Zoned out yesterday and didn't make it to the gym today.

Busy today with errands.

Glad everyone is doing great with the gardening, walking, finding supplements and having travel buddies.

Going to Oktoberfest with Josh tomorrow and looking forward to some fall fun.

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

MannaMe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We do have a huge garden - that was one of the things I asked God for when we had to move. A place with space for a big garden.

At our other place we had a 20 x 30 foot garden, and that was as big as we could make it. So when we moved here and I stepped off the garden - 50 feet, another 50 feet, and another 60 feet!! and 45 feet wide!

We can plant anything we want! The children get to try different things also.

Filled the food dryer with parsley and celery leaves. Cut up and froze several packs of celery.

Posts: 2250 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hiker .. no, this bible study is the one here at the condos. She lives on the third floor and I'm on the bottom.

That's cool about the pencils and the program. I would love to see them.

LP .. I'm glad you got the anti-inflammatories down today!

AK .. enjoy that festival! Should be great fun!

Manna.. It's nice to be able to grow your own food! I used to!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

I did some cooking today--but not of food that I grew. LOL

2 loads of laundry. Washed up my summer sheets and homemade quilt from my grandmother and put on wool blanket and winter bedspread. Sad so see warm temps go.

Oiled a couple more pieces of teak furniture. Still have more to go.

Watching a bit of college football as I work. Illini lost again. May watch Brewers-Dodgers game tonight. Sorry about Astros, Tutu.

No walking today. 40 mph winds.

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I am having so much trouble getting here my eyes don’t work and my fingers keep pushing wrong buttons. I logged out and in 3 times!

So. Brother painted wall and put trim back. And quit. He said I lived too far away and he was wasting too much time gone ngvbacknand forth. He doesn’t have a car so I was picking him up and taking him back. $13. In gas and tolls a day. I don’t really understand his thinking. He hasn’t been able to find work close to his house. But I’m really great full he fixed the mold problem and did a bunch of Handiman stuff for me. I’m excited about putting room back together. Neighbor is coming tomorrow to wipe down walls etc from dust. I can hardly smell paint

I’m tired tho. And sad for Etta. He was mean to her again. She doesn’t understand. But we took the long way home...up the coast and bought organic meat and veggies.

Oh. And had 2 walks at the beach

--------------------

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

I did 2 loads of laundry too. For exercise Josh and I went to Oktoberfest at Ft Benning GA and walked around a few hours drinking beers and sampling foods.

The German beer was pretty strong and delicious so we only had 2 a piece.

There was a petting zoo, rides, souvenir and food vendors, children's activities, Stein hoisting contests, German music and dancing.

We had a blast!

That's a big garden Manna! I cooked zucchini today to get 4 cups and froze those for a couple of cornbread zucchini dressings.

Josh is great company TuTu making Oktoberfest very special for me this year! I'm so blessed to have such a wonderful nephew!

Do you have to oil the teak furniture every year Hiker? Do you keep it outside in the winter? I know they use it to make bath stools, etc. So must be a moisture resistant hardy wood.

I know you're relieved to have your home fixed Kayak. I hope little Etta will bounce back and be her perky little self again!

See you guys tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement