LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » We are all just big puzzles, aren’t we….

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: We are all just big puzzles, aren’t we….
Melanie Reber
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 3707

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the last 6 months, I have been trying so desperately to put my puzzle back together.

Some people hate working on puzzles, it just feels too overwhelming, or they are just too impatient, or they feel like it is a waste of time and they would rather being doing, well, just about anything else.

However, I happen to be in the category of those who love puzzles. I love the anticipation of opening the box and I love the smell of what is inside. I find myself getting lost in the process of turning over every piece, separating them into little piles of color and design. I am infatuated with finding all the edges and searching for like pieces to fit together. It gives me SUCH a sense of satisfaction, that I actually, utter ‘AH HA!’ when I find matches. And, when it is finally all assembled, I always really hate taking it apart again, but I do, only to put it back together later on.

Each re-assembly becomes a little bit easier, because I remember the colors, designs, and special edges that went together before, and the second time, even though it goes a lot faster… it is no less satisfying to me.

This is the process that I have been experiencing for so many years now (that I cannot even truthfully remember now how many times); my body falling to pieces only to be put partially back together by various physicians. Each physician specializing in parts of my body’s issues, but not all. Each recognizing their pieces rather quickly, but not so certain of the others that they really have no direct experience with… leaving me to turn to yet another physician, who recognizes other pieces of the puzzle…

and the process goes on and on.

I am so incredibly weary of physicians (and so many others), that ONLY focus on parts of me and dismiss the other parts of me as if they really did not matter. As if they are not connected. As if I could somehow ever be complete without EVERY piece discovered and assembled.

THIS, has become my job now, as it has always been really… to try to figure out what symptoms belong to what diseases. And to try and figure out how to stop their progression long enough to find out what other diseases have been hiding in the corners (or if you have a cat, like I do, who likes to help, those pieces may actually be under the table or in the floor vent, or simply lost for good).

So, this time around, I am adopting a different approach, one that should have been taken from the beginning. I do have faith that it is working (I have to really) because I am now actually finding some of my lost pieces. And every day and ever so slowly, as I begin to recognize them from long ago, and begin to assemble them back into the larger picture of my medical history… my puzzle is at last starting to come fully together.

It has taken a very long time (actually, my entire life)… but I will never stop searching… because, keep in mind, I am in the select group that actually likes putting puzzles together.

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MannaMe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love your description here of the puzzle!

I often said my Hubby was a 1000 piece puzzle with the same picture printed on both sides of the pieces.

I get it! I get it!

I also love putting puzzles together.

Posts: 2248 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been puzzle piece searching since '99. I too never gave up or accepted there was some huge pieces missing.

Finally in '18 I found a Naturopath who uses Quantum Biofeedback, is a rife pro and things started making sense. I have owned a rife machine and treated (?) since '03.

Only thing about treatment with any protocol....you have to know who the bad guys are. And there's a long drawn out process to eliminate bad guys, one by one.

Many of these bad guys are more persistent than Lyme, Bart, babesia. The 4 years plus that I did abx was detrimental to my purpose and just opened the door for a very long list of more bad guys to thrive.

But that was my journey and I had to live through it to understand it all. I've accepted that I will have to focus and stay the course for the rest of my life.

I have a list of chronic viruses that mock Lyme & co sx. I have parasites & amoebas that mock Lyme & co sx. Worst of all I have many funguses, candida and molds that mock Lyme & co sx.

There are still puzzle pieces missing, but one thing I've learned is patience. I've gotten really good at recognizing the bad guys as they raise their ugly head.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Melanie,

What a great analogy.

I was just speaking with someone today about how many doctors we have. Way too many.

The other day my gp said I had Eustachian tube dysfunction and because it has made my balance worse she said to go to my neurologist? What?

Very puzzling!

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8877 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great post! I've loved puzzles all my life and like Hiker, once I start I have to see it through to the last piece.

My Lyme and Co. doesn't cover all the health issues I've had since childhood.

In treatment now for mast cell activation disease but am currently struggling with mold sickness from the recent flooding here in the South.

I wonder what piece is missing that predispose some of us to a gamut of seemingly unrelated illnesses?

So the search continues....

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6136 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement