LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

This topic has been moved to General Support.     next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Off Topic » Lightattheend has brain cancer

Author Topic: Lightattheend has brain cancer
LightAtTheEnd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24065

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LightAtTheEnd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everybody.

First I want to thank all of you who have expressed prayers and concerns for me in the past month since I had a brain tumor removed. I haven't been up to getting on the computer much and have had a bit of trouble using it, though it is coming back to me now. I did read all your messages even though I couldn't answer them all, and they really meant a lot to me.

Second, I saw my brain surgeon today, and my tumor is malignant. There is still a small piece in my brain. I am going to have 6 weeks of radiation and chemo 5 days a week to try to get rid of that. Then I will have an MRI every 3 months to check to make sure it doesn't grow back. The prognosis is very good.

I am doing very well right now. I am healing very well from the surgery, and I have minor damage to part of my eyesight and some high level verbal abilities, memory, etc. All but the eyesight is coming back a little each day as I use it. My doctor says I may get back part of the eyesight in time. I am getting excellent treatment and therapy, and I have the most amazing amount of emotional support from family and friends that has completely blown me away. That is what has made the biggest difference for me, to be able to stay positive about this experience.

Some of you also sent me private messages that I read but couldn't answer. Please know that I appreciated them very very much.

I am all ready to go fight this thing, and I'm going to win. I guess I'll kill some Lyme as well, while I'm out there being a gladiator, LOL.

Thanks again,

Light

--------------------
Don't forget to laugh! And when you're going through hell, keep going!

Bitten 5/25/2009 in Perry County, Indiana. Diagnosed by LLMD 12/2/2009.

Posts: 756 | From Inside the tunnel | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Misfit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Misfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i dont know what to say. but the prognosis is good..you're getting great treatment and have family support..and you sound like you have a positive attitude on top of it all!

i will continue my prayers for you and family and physicians.

thank you for the update. and yes..you WILL win!

Posts: 624 | From Oklahoma | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
-
Light at the End,

I'm so sorry to hear of this news. I'm not very eloquent in this kind of thing - saying the right thing and all but I do wish you the very best and most positive experiences possible during this treatment.

Now, I'm assuming that your doctors have told you to avoid using a cell phone, or use a hand held one and never carry it on your body. The MRI/CT images from cell phone use are stunning here.

I hope that all brain cancer patients are being instructed about this. But, the speakers told of the CDC trying to cover up information and keep it from the public.

I saw this excellent lecture on BookTV this past weekend. Dr. Davis told of a young woman who had an ongoing severe headache and it turned out to be caused by her cell phone.

The lecture had some amazing images (MRI or CT scan, or similar). The proof is in the images - the heat/radiation really invades the blood brain barrier, and targets soft tissue of the head.

Even when not turned on, where a cell phone lays against the body can damage tissue several inches into the body.

You can watch that here - be sure to see the part with the MRI/CT images:
----------------

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/296071-1

Disconnect: The Truth About Cell Phone Radiation, What the Industry Has Done to Hide It, and How to Protect Your Family

Dr. Devra Davis

Video - One hour, four minute (recorded on Sept. 23, 2010)

Her website: http://www.environmentalhealthtrust.org/
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yikes.. I'm so glad you found out what was wrong and that you are getting the help and support you need. It would be nice if Lyme patients got real support too, wouldn't it!

I hope the radiation and chemo works great and that you will kill keets at the same time!!

Please keep us posted on your progress as you are able.

Hugs and Love... [group hug]

Lymetoo

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi lightattheend,
I am not very eloquent with words either, just know I am thinking of you and praying. Please keep us informed of your well being.

--------------------
God's promises mean you always have something wonderful to look forward to.

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dmc
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You will be in my thoughts & prayers.

On a positive note - I have a relative who had brain cancer too. It was 3yrs ago, he licked it & now doing well.

Never lose hope. [group hug]

Posts: 2675 | From ct, usa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear lightattheend,

You are a brave and inspirational person.

I will continue praying for you.

Your positive attitude and faith will make all the difference.

I am thankful to hear that your prognosis is good and your family and friends have been very supportive.

You will beat this!!!

My son-in-law (now 33 yrs old) had a malignant brain tumor when he was 14 yrs old. He also went through it all....surgery, radiation and chemo...and he made it.

Never lose hope, never lose faith, and bask in the love of those who hold you dear.

I look forward to hearing how you are doing in the days ahead, when you are able to post.

Lord, please lay your healing hands on lightattheend, and heal her from cancer and lyme disease.

Please give her the strength she needs to make it through the coming months of treatment.

Lord, all powerful and everliving God, please grant lightattheend peace in knowing that You will see her though this.

Please restore her to good health, and fill her with faith, hope and love.

I ask this in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen

Isaiah 41:10 (NIV)
So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHdcyue0bSw

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
see general support.....

[ 11-01-2010, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement